Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiny stone is already OP if you play with at least one person. While one of you heals self other will try to agro the enemy. Maybe it's better to slightly boost the healing speed (from 10-40hp\sec to 15-40) just to be sure it will be even more useful accessory especially in single player (where nobody will protect you from been hurt). As wise terrarian said before Ankh Shield is like Terraspark boots - OP when exploring and there are far way better accessories for battle purposes - Frozen Shield and amphibian boots. Also let's accept the fact of Ankh shield been not to difficult to obtain as it has been painted by posters from previous pages. If you lurk enough through places where these items are supposed to appear they will appear for sure. (For me the toughest ingredient to get is megaphone and that's only because I usualy have troubles with balanced generation of surface hallow (don't like to farm underground)).
P.S. Got second lava charm 250 tiles deeper than previous nearby hellevator. I'm shocked.
P.S.# Make the tooltip of dunerider boots somehow relatable: when user wears dunerider boots all types of worms won't be allowed to spawn (including The Destroyer). That could be overpowered/useless/difficulty (to do) a bit but many people complain that meeting with mechanical bosses when they are not prepared spoils the entering in hardmode. SO let's add a major protect for unprepared players by additional blocks like:
aviators0x33 (or how they called) - will protect you from spawning of mighty twins;
skull-bone-like items (skull mask, skelltron mask, bone glove maybe) - protection from Skelletron Prime respectively;
and that pair of boots for worms; only if all of them are equipped in respective slots (armor and active accessories slots I mean)

Last edited:
P.S.# Make the tooltip of dunerider boots somehow relatable: when user wears dunerider boots all types of worms won't be allowed to spawn (including The Destroyer). That could be overpowered/useless/difficulty (to do) a bit but many people complain that meeting with mechanical bosses when they are not prepared spoils the entering in hardmode. SO let's add a major protect for unprepared players by additional blocks like:
aviators0x33 (or how they called) - will protect you from spawning of mighty twins;
skull-bone-like items (skull mask, skelltron mask, bone glove maybe) - protection from Skelletron Prime respectively;
and that pair of boots for worms; only if all of them are equipped in respective slots (armor and active accessories slots I mean)

Dunerider Boots’ line about worms is a flavor text, not a tooltip. Generally speaking, these are non-informative text lines, often used for Easter eggs, in-jokes, or references to other media.

As such, it’s line is very intentionally not meant to have any in-game mechanical impact.

I don't think pushing the Ankh Shield to a later tier is a good idea, even if it got additional immunities - it'd just have even more accessories to compete with for slots. If anything it ought to be moved a bit earlier, or made easier to craft so you can get it earlier.

That being said, the fact that the Hand Warmer isn't part of the Ankh Shield's recipe has always baffled me, especially now that 1.4 has made holiday-exclusive items obtainable legitimately without having to wait until December or manipulating your device's time, so I definitely agree that the Ankh Shield using the Hand Warmer and gaining Frozen immunity in addition to its Chilled immunity would be nice. I'm not sure if making enemies drop new items is something that can be done in this update, but if it is, I do agree that the Hand Warmer dropping from enemies that inflict Frozen would be a nice quality-of-life addition, especially if the Hand Warmer is made into an Ankh Shield material.

Agree, letting the Hand Warmer drop from enemies and adding it to the Ankh Charm recipe would be cool (no pun intended). But only if the Ankh Charm was also made easier to craft in some way, whether by making more enemies drop its ingredients or increasing those ingredients' drop rates. Just adding another crafting ingredient on its own would only make it harder to craft, which is the opposite of what it needs.

...Come to think of it, why doesn't the Ankh Shield provide immunity to On Fire? I get that the Obsidian Skull and its tinkers don't protect against it (which personally I don't entirely agree with that either), but if the Ankh Shield can provide Chilled immunity without having the related item, why not give On Fire protection too?

Tbh Obsidian Skull and items crafted from it should just give immunity to On Fire, it doesn't make sense why it can protect you from burning blocks that do 30 dps but not basic fire that does 4 dps.

Actually on that note, it would be nice if the Burning debuff got a bit of a nerf. 30 dps is crazy for a prehardmode debuff, even one that's easily avoided - especially since it gives very little feedback, so players often don't realize they're dying until they're dead. If it's not possible to have players make occasional hurt sounds when burning or something, then nerfing it to 20 dps or so would help give players a little more time to realize their mistake.

Is there a list of expected boss kill times yall keep for balancing purposes? I always feel so out of depth when I see boss kill time progressions, since it feels like I take ages to kill a boss and these guys are doing it in less than a minute with the same weapons or something. My monkey brain goes 'if it killed boss in time, it is cool and good weapon'. I have no idea how fast a boss should be defeated for ontier gear so I wonder, does the dev team know or have any ideal to roughly balance aeound? Even order of magnitude estimates would be cool.
I know you're asking about dev lists, but here are some from the community:

MOST pre-boss weapons tested against King Slime with minimal buffs
Testing EVERY pre-boss weapon against Expert Eye of Cthulhu
A VARIETY of pre-Skeletron weapons tested out against Queen Bee
A lot of weapons tested against Skeletron & More
LOTS of Pre-Hardmode weapons tested against the Wall of Flesh
A BUNCH of pre-mech weapons tested against Queen Slime
NUMEROUS early Hardmode weapons tested against the Destroyer
A LARGE AMOUNT of early Hardmode weapons tested against Expert Twins
A lot of weapons tested against Plantera & More
A GREAT MANY weapons tested against the Pumpkin Moon + Frost Moon Final wave strategies
An INNUMERABLE amount of weapons tested against Golem
A TON of weapons tested against Empress of Light

You can see a few 'gaps in progression'; in particular, boomerangs, spears, and yoyos really struggle with wall of flesh. If Flamarang pierced once, the yoyo glove was moved to post-skeletron, and something happened with dark lance (like adding a storm-spear projectile to it and Gungnir), then they could handle it better.

Edit: Obsidian armor gives the best result for queen slime, the best result for Wall of flesh (except for star cannon and weird tricks where you hit all eyes at once), the best result for skeletron (outside of star cannon), 4th best for Queen Bee, 4th best for destroyer, best for twins (outside of Fishron weapons and coin gun), 3rd best for plantera (after coin gun and developer yoyo).

I did the weak bosses and only used flinx fur coat for them. It was 3rd best for King Slime and around 8-10th best for Eye of Cthulhu.

Editedit: Also, christmas tree sword and north pole did really bad in the two fights they were used in (pumpkin moon and empress of light)

Last edited by a moderator:
QoL accessories should require a lot less effort to get due to them never being worth while. Some of the accessories I bring up here are even rendered useless once you reach a certain point of progression in the game or because of potions that give the exact same effect.

Increase Diving Helmet drop chance from
2% to 5%.

Increase Jellyfish Necklace drop chance from 1% to 2.5%.

Increase Lava Charm spawn rate from 5% to 15% in lava layer chests.

Increase Water Walking Boots spawn rate from 9% to 20%. To be able to make this change you would have to reduce the spawn rate of the other primary items. The Flippers, Breathing Reed, Trident and Inner Tube from 22.75% to 20%. It would also be required that you turn the Shark Bait into a secondary item. This way Water Walking Boots, Flipper, Breathing Reed, Trident and Inner Tube all have an equal chance of 20%.

Increase Obsidian Rose drop chance from 2% to 5% and make it craftable with Jungle Rose + obsidian.

As for the Ankh Shield, you could just do what some others have mentioned and make the components drop from a wider range of enemies or increase the drop chance.

And lastly the Cellphone. You could perhaps increase the drop chance of some of the components. Although the biggest issue with crafting the Cellphone is the Fish Finder. I don’t really know what to do about the Fish Finder at the moment.

Anyways I’m going to sleep now, goodnight.

Making it post-Pillars is not the way to go.
Blackout is post-Plantera and inflicted by a single uncommon enemy.
Distorted is inflicted by one Vortex Pillar enemy, one really annoying enemy.
Ankh Shield is already really time consuming to craft, requiring traveling across the whole of terraria for it's nine(ten with the Hand Warmer) rare ingredients,
making it post-Pillars when it's main exploring niche has been rendered mostly useless by already being past the point where anyone would explore the world
when it's not even good for moon lord is a slap in the face of the highest degree.
Forcing players to use Ankh Charm when they had the better version before is just salt in the wound.
If you've taken the time to do the grind, you deserve a reward. Not a punishment.
I don't think pushing the Ankh Shield to a later tier is a good idea, even if it got additional immunities - it'd just have even more accessories to compete with for slots. If anything it ought to be moved a bit earlier, or made easier to craft so you can get it earlier.
Yeah, after thinking about this some more I've kind of realized that my idea doesn't really work very well at all and really just makes the Ankh Shield effectively useless. It being obtainable early-Hardmode is kind of what makes it so good, even if it doesn't protect against a lot of debuffs later on. Obviously, the best solution would be to leave the Ankh Shield as it is and add a new item that serves as an upgrade to it (whether direct or indirect) but since that isn't possible as part of this balance change, I think adding the Hand Warmer to the Ankh Shield's recipe and give it immunity to Frozen would suffice.

It's been suggested by me and by others that the Gravity Globe be moved to the Lunatic Cultist as a treasure bag drop, but I want to make one other suggestion: make the Gravity Globe also negate fall damage. This simple change would make it a viable alternative to wings and actually very powerful, now being one of the best sources of infinite flight. Sure it wouldn't be quite as good as Soaring Insignia + wings, but it would take only 1 accessory slot instead of 2, which would make it a serious contender on endgame builds instead of just a gimmick item.

In fact, if this change were made, it may not even need to have its place changed in progression. I still think it wouldn't be too much to have it dropped by the Lunatic Cultist, though.
An interesting concept- but one that would almost certainly not be doable in this update- could be adding Distorted immunity to the Gravity Globe, in addition to moving it to being Lunatic Cultist's treasure bag as others have mentioned. Providing immunity to Distorted would thematically fit with an item based around manipulating gravity, and could be an interesting way to make the item a little more enticing for the pillars- you get protection against the debuff slightly before you encounter the enemy that inflicts it, plus the ability to effectively fly infinitely with only one accessory slot as CellarDoor96 mentioned in their post about the idea of moving Gravity Globe to a Cultist expert drop.
Having the Gravity Globe have the effects of a regular Gravitation Potion (i.e, not having a cooldown/condition on the gravity flipping like what currently exists), giving fall damage immunity, and giving immunity to Distorted might be a little too powerful for a post-Cultist accessory, so maybe it could remain as a Moon Lord drop should all of these effects be given. I'm curious to see what others think of this idea, though!

Agree, letting the Hand Warmer drop from enemies and adding it to the Ankh Charm recipe would be cool (no pun intended). But only if the Ankh Charm was also made easier to craft in some way, whether by making more enemies drop its ingredients or increasing those ingredients' drop rates. Just adding another crafting ingredient on its own would only make it harder to craft, which is the opposite of what it needs.

Tbh Obsidian Skull and items crafted from it should just give immunity to On Fire, it doesn't make sense why it can protect you from burning blocks that do 30 dps but not basic fire that does 4 dps.
My idea was actually to have the Hand Warmer be crafted into the Shield, not the Charm, because the Ankh Charm doesn't have protection against Chilled already like the Ankh Shield does. That being said, I absolutely would love to see an increase to the drop rates of all the debuff immunity items. Right now, each immunity accessory is a 1% drop in Classic mode, and 2% in Expert. Maybe it could be increased to 2%/4% or 3%/6% to make them a little more common? Those drops rates would certainly still be low, but it's far better than what we have now.
As for Obsidian Skull, yeah, I definitely think it and its upgrades should give On Fire immunity for consistency's sake (and so that the Ankh Shield can protect you from one of the most common debuffs in the entire game, since protecting against common, weak debuffs seems to be its intended purpose)

As someone who has been collecting dyes for an artificial dye display collection, I think some of the dyes are a little too difficult to acquire, most notably pink dye and lime dye. This world's got like 60 hours into it or something and I've seen maybe 4 or 5 prickly pears so far. Lime dye isn't as bad, but it's still stupidly rare. All the others aren't too bad.

I also agree with making Celestial Sigil less expensive to make. 20 of each fragment is rather punishing for what is considered by many to be the hardest boss in the game (I consider Moon Lord to be the hardest by a significant margin); 10 of each fragment would be a lot more reasonable. I also wouldn't hate it if the Power Cells for Golem had a higher droprate. If the fight were ever buffed (as it should be) so that it started taking multiple attempts before a kill might happen, the rarity of the power cells would become a problem in my view.

I just had a bit of an epiphany,
Here's the change I've thought of:
Siphoning a good portion of(say like 10 or more) damage from all Rockets, as well as Explosive jack O' Lanterns, and putting that damage on their respective weapons.

Why? Well it's because the Shroomite Helmet is... Bad.
The tooltip of the shroomite headpieces is misleading, albeit easy to spot what it actually does. They say they buff arrow damage, or bullet damage,
when they actually mean they buff weapons that use that ammo type or something similar to that type, multiplicatively. It does not buff ammo damage.
The problem with this is that rocket firing explosive weapons have terrible base damage, often over half of their damage comes from their ammo.
Which in turn means the Shroomite Helmet provides a terrible bonus to that damage,
this certainly explains why many explosive weapons feel so underwhelming.
This change would make a huge difference to the power of explosive weapons,
Some would still need help like the Rocket Launcher, Proximity Mine Launcher, Celebration Mk. 1 and Jack O' Lantern Launcher, but it would help immensely all the same.
Change the tooltip on the shroomite headpieces too, that should probably get done.

Here's my top wishlist/suggestions that I think have a chance to be added:

1. Make it so that summon weapons can't get critical chance modifiers. It feels bad to have a disproportionately high chance at getting a useless reforge (but is more expensive to reforge again), and equally as sad is uninformed players using crit strike summons because they think they are better. There is already precedence for this (items with no knockback can't get knockback modifiers, like legendary, godly, or mythical), so I can't really see a reason why something like this couldn't be implemented to make the game more consistent overall. (I did make this suggestion earlier, but it was less succinctly put and wasn't responded to by anyone)

2. This is a suggestion that has already been made by others as well, but I figured that I'd add my support to it as well: I think it would be really nice if you could add a way to display the actual health numbers along with the fancy health bar, like is done with the classic bar. It could even be its own style! I just really like the fancy display, but find it really difficult to go without the discrete health numbers being shown.

The tooltip specifically states 'walk without rhythm and you won't attract the worm'. I just don't see how you can walk without rhythm in Terraria.

Also read Dune.

I know that many people have brought up issues with the lunar events before, but I feel that just a few small changes could make the events more bearable. Not necessarily fun, that would require a lot more work, and is too large of a scope for a balance update.

Many others have said this, but lowering the required number of enemies to be killed across the board would be greatly appreciated. Even lowering the counts by 25 across the board would be much appreciated. Alternatively, all enemies could have their HP reduced across the board, but I feel the former option would be easier and makes more sense.

I think the vortex and stardust pillars are fine as is, they aren't too difficult unlike the other two.

With the solar and nebula pillars, some of these enemies are just far too strong, despite their late game appearances. Some of these enemies can kill you almost instantly, and in an unfair way in my opinion.

With the solar pillar, I think srollers and selenians should either have their damage decreased, or their charge attack speed reduced. These enemies can just come out of nowhere and completely screw you over while you deal with corites and crawltipedes. Corites could also use a small HP nerf IMO, it would make them slightly easier to take down before taking damage.

However, those enemies pale in comparison to what I think is the most unfair enemy in the entire game, nebula floaters. Tanky, teleports constantly, and often on top of you, and deals insane damage, on top of being a common enemy, they need to be toned down. Not sure if this is possible, but if their ability to teleport after taking a large amount of damage could be toned down, or just removed entirely, that would make them much more fair. Still a threat, but not ridiculous, especially in numbers. Either that, or just nerf their HP, damage, make them less common, etc.

On the topic of 'telefragging' enemies outside of the pillars, I think the mages in the hardmode dungeon need a nerf of some kind. Unless you have a homing weapon or a weapon with extremely high base damage/crit, they just become a nuisance while dealing with the hordes of high HP/damage melee attackers. If they teleported less often, or had a more pronounced appearance (noticeable particle effects, sounds, etc), they wouldn't be so oppressive in their current state.

Shiny stone is already OP if you play with at least one person. While one of you heals self other will try to agro the enemy. Maybe it's better to slightly boost the healing speed (from 10-40hp\sec to 15-40) just to be sure it will be even more useful accessory especially in single player (where nobody will protect you from been hurt). As wise terrarian said before Ankh Shield is like Terraspark boots - OP when exploring and there are far way better accessories for battle purposes - Frozen Shield and amphibian boots. Also let's accept the fact of Ankh shield been not to difficult to obtain as it has been painted by posters from previous pages. If you lurk enough through places where these items are supposed to appear they will appear for sure. (For me the toughest ingredient to get is megaphone and that's only because I usualy have troubles with balanced generation of surface hallow (don't like to farm underground)).
P.S. Got second lava charm 250 tiles deeper than previous nearby hellevator. I'm shocked.
Not every item has to be super good for combat, this isn't a competitive game, the Ankh Shield is fine as it is. The Terraspark boots are fine as is.

On the topic of 'telefragging' enemies outside of the pillars, I think the mages in the hardmode dungeon need a nerf of some kind. Unless you have a homing weapon or a weapon with extremely high base damage/crit, they just become a nuisance while dealing with the hordes of high HP/damage melee attackers. If they teleported less often, or had a more pronounced appearance (noticeable particle effects, sounds, etc), they wouldn't be so oppressive in their current state.
if we're talking about telefragging can i just mention that the rune wizard deals 200 contact damage? which scales to 400 in expert mode? and 600 in master?????

i've had this jerk materialize in front of me while i'm caving and just kill me on the spot. rather rude i think. but also pretty funny.

i'd like to see this toned down to some degree, particularly the expert/master damage. just feels unreasonable to me that a randomly spawning enemy with a 240 damage projectile on master also gets to have instakill level contact damage.

I just had a bit of an epiphany,
Here's the change I've thought of:
Siphoning a good portion of(say like 10 or more) damage from all Rockets, as well as Explosive jack O' Lanterns, and putting that damage on their respective weapons.

Why? Well it's because the Shroomite Helmet is... Bad.
The tooltip of the shroomite headpieces is misleading, albeit easy to spot what it actually does. They say they buff arrow damage, or bullet damage,
when they actually mean they buff weapons that use that ammo type or something similar to that type, multiplicatively. It does not buff ammo damage.
The problem with this is that rocket firing explosive weapons have terrible base damage, often over half of their damage comes from their ammo.
Which in turn means the Shroomite Helmet provides a terrible bonus to that damage,
this certainly explains why many explosive weapons feel so underwhelming.
This change would make a huge difference to the power of explosive weapons,
Some would still need help like the Rocket Launcher, Proximity Mine Launcher, Celebration Mk. 1 and Jack O' Lantern Launcher, but it would help immensely all the same.
Change the tooltip on the shroomite headpieces too, that should probably get done.

I'm looking into both clarifying the tooltips on the Shroomite helmets, and considering the "siphoning" approach. Though I feel it is probably the most roundabout way of fixing an issue I've heard of, it would successfully improve the situation.

if we're talking about telefragging can i just mention that the rune wizard deals 200 contact damage? which scales to 400 in expert mode? and 600 in master?????

i've had this jerk materialize in front of me while i'm caving and just kill me on the spot. rather rude i think. but also pretty funny.

i'd like to see this toned down to some degree, particularly the expert/master damage. just feels unreasonable to me that a randomly spawning enemy with a 240 damage projectile on master also gets to have instakill level contact damage.

We are looking at boosting telefragging protection (actual telefragging seems to be protected against, but the range is small enough that it is easy to walk into).

With the solar and nebula pillars, some of these enemies are just far too strong, despite their late game appearances. Some of these enemies can kill you almost instantly, and in an unfair way in my opinion.

With the solar pillar, I think srollers and selenians should either have their damage decreased, or their charge attack speed reduced. These enemies can just come out of nowhere and completely screw you over while you deal with corites and crawltipedes. Corites could also use a small HP nerf IMO, it would make them slightly easier to take down before taking damage.

However, those enemies pale in comparison to what I think is the most unfair enemy in the entire game, nebula floaters. Tanky, teleports constantly, and often on top of you, and deals insane damage, on top of being a common enemy, they need to be toned down. Not sure if this is possible, but if their ability to teleport after taking a large amount of damage could be toned down, or just removed entirely, that would make them much more fair. Still a threat, but not ridiculous, especially in numbers. Either that, or just nerf their HP, damage, make them less common, etc.

I've barely ever even noticed the Nebula Floaters, let alone had any problem with them. The most dangerous enemy the Nebula Pillar has is the Evolution Beasts tbh, and you can avoid their homing orbs if you just keep moving. Similarly, the only dungeon mage that's at all a threat is the Diabolist, and it's because of their ridiculously powerful and lingering projectile, not because they teleport.

It sounds like your issue with teleporting enemies may be due to the weapons you're using, not any problem inherent to the enemies themselves. Homing weapons and minions are the best for dealing with these types of enemies, since they can lock onto them again immediately after they teleport. Wasp Gun, Razorblade Typhoon, Snowman Cannon, Scourge of the Corruptor, and Flairon can all flood the screen with homing projectiles that will give mages no safe place to teleport to, and Xeno or Desert Tiger Staff work great for them as support.

IIRC teleporting enemies cannot teleport anywhere within 20 blocks of the player, though I could be misremembering this. I know from personal experience that I've never touched a Rune Wizard by accident, they always keep their distance so it's never an issue.

I've barely ever even noticed the Nebula Floaters, let alone had any problem with them. The most dangerous enemy the Nebula Pillar has is the Evolution Beasts tbh, and you can avoid their homing orbs if you just keep moving. Similarly, the only dungeon mage that's at all a threat is the Diabolist, and it's because of their ridiculously powerful and lingering projectile, not because they teleport.

It sounds like your issue with teleporting enemies may be due to the weapons you're using, not any problem inherent to the enemies themselves. Homing weapons and minions are the best for dealing with these types of enemies, since they can lock onto them again immediately after they teleport. Wasp Gun, Razorblade Typhoon, Snowman Cannon, Scourge of the Corruptor, and Flairon can all flood the screen with homing projectiles that will give mages no safe place to teleport to, and Xeno or Desert Tiger Staff work great for them as support.

IIRC teleporting enemies cannot teleport anywhere within 20 blocks of the player, though I could be misremembering this. I know from personal experience that I've never touched a Rune Wizard by accident, they always keep their distance so it's never an issue.

1. On Nebula Floaters, homing weapons are actually NOT always the best solution. Nebula Floaters teleport randomly on hit and have a "counter shot", which means that free floating minions or homing attacks may cause them to spontaneously teleport and shoot you without warning.

2. I'm 100% sure that teleporting enemies can appear much closer than 20 blocks, my testing shows that the number is closer to a 3-5 block protection.

1. On Nebula Floaters, homing weapons are actually NOT always the best solution. Nebula Floaters teleport randomly on hit and have a "counter shot", which means that free floating minions or homing attacks may cause them to spontaneously teleport and shoot you without warning.
If you're just always moving, which you probably already are because of the Evolution Beasts' orbs, then the counter shot isn't an issue. And because of this, homing attacks still perform much better than non-homing ones against them.
2. I'm 100% sure that teleporting enemies can appear much closer than 20 blocks, my testing shows that the number is closer to a 3-5 block protection.
I may be thinking of Chaos Elementals. 3-5 blocks is too close for wizards even though they're stationary, yeah.

Can the Wizard sell the alchemy table?
That's likely only ever needed to summon the Empress of Light. I don't think a toggle function is going to be worth the permanent function to only use it for one certain situation.
If you're farming, critters can count toward the spawn limit. If your money trough is full, this would really help.
Hand Warmer should combine with the Blindfold to make something like a Ski Mask
Clever item name. I've often wished I didn't have to sacrifice a great accessory just to wear a hand warmer during the Frost Moon.

If you're just always moving, which you probably already are because of the Evolution Beasts' orbs, then the counter shot isn't an issue. And because of this, homing attacks still perform much better than non-homing ones against them.
This requires 2 things to happen to be true. 1, you need to be close enough to the ground for evolution beasts to spawn. If you are using soaring insignia or a mount such as UFO or witch's broom, this won't necessarily be the case. The only things spawning high in the air will be brain sucklers and nebula floaters.
2, it assumes that the nebula floaters don't teleport right next to you (within a few blocks). If they teleport right in your line of movement, you run into them. If not, then a counter-attack from such close range is still almost guaranteed to hit.
That being said, homing weapons still help a lot against them, just not low damage spammy homing weapons that force you to constantly run the risk of being shot at point-blank range. The teleport distance definitely needs to be toned down, at least.

Remove all block piercing enemy projectiles from the Dungeon.
No one likes these, they add nothing to balance, they just ramp the difficulty up to obscene levels for absolutely no reason. You have ZERO options to deal with any of this until hardmode, it baffles me to think anyone thought this was a good idea.

Tight corridors, traps everywhere, an almost endless river of enemies, false walls you have to slowly dig through, and ON TOP of all that an enemy that shoots projectiles through walls and teleports all over the place.
The ONLY options to deal with these kinds of enemies are the Death Sickle, Solar Eruption, or Zenith. If you are NOT melee and are NOT in hardmode, you have ZERO options for dealing with them besides hoping they teleport somewhere you can get to quickly.
Let me repeat that, if you are NOT melee, you will NEVER have an option to deal with them.

And then eventually they add three new types of this enemy that can either A) Kill you instantly or B) Blind you.

Making this plea for mercy with whatever development power you have because I'm currently trying to get a single item from the dungeon, you always forget how bad it is after a while of not being in there, then when you're pre-hardmode and it's time to go get some dungeon loot you remember what an absolute frustrating mess the dungeon is.

Made this post in blind rage over a game mechanic instead of thinking about it, feel free to ignore this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom