Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestions & endorsements of others' ideas:
*Whips should have a less annoying sound, maybe cracking every few strikes at most.
*Cactus armor should have a thorns effect and boost minions.
*Obsidian armor should boost minions.
*Pyramid loot should be obtainable from oasis crates. Not your call I know, but PLEASE send it up the ladder - I've found 4+ pharoah sets, 1 sandstorm in a bottle, and 0 magic carpets in almost five years of gameplay. If you do this please also make the pharoah set summon armor.
*Fold ice skates into flurry boots - this goes well with the dunestriders, makes them stand out less.
*Buff the shackle to +2 or +3 base defense.
*Change the magma stone to give fire resistance to the player.
*Change the diving helmet/gear to give unlimited water breathing. Neptune's Shell and its tinkers are still an upgrade as they remove the movement speed penalty. It'll still be niche, but somewhat worth farming.
*Make the fledgling wings obtainable in non journey worlds.
*Give us luck furniture, interactables, and accessories - with the fledgling wings added the lucky horseshoe is an excellent candidate.
*Make ladybug luck buff/debuff show up on buff bar, or remove it entirely.
*Make the traveling merchant sell opposite-evil orb items after you've killed the EoW/BoC.
*Rebalance ALL THE IMMUNITIES!

*Let players turn off vine harvesting via UI. This is especially important if a party member has the guide to plant fiber cordage on, as there's no way to turn it off yourself.
*Give us a UI setting similar to the ruler to turn on/off the tile grid
*Let us turn other people's info accessories off for ourselves
*Implement auto trash - the mod doesn't integrate well into the UI, and hasn't been updated; it's an incredibly useful QoL change
*Make more things bindable to keyboard - magic/ice mirror/cell phone, Grand Design forced mechanical visibility, ruler & mechanical ruler, paint sprayer, and piggy bank come to mind.
*Make the luck stat viewable pre-hardmode. Maybe the Guide could give you hints and the wizard would give more precise numbers?

[Edit:] On further reading, I see much of this is outside your scope. I'll make a suggestion thread for that part of the post.

Last edited:
You mean without going to Settings? Because UI-toggleable tile grid exists with some accessory.
There's a difference between Mechanical Ruler and Settings tile grid. I'm talking about the latter, so you don't have to go into the menu.

I assure you, the later wings are really messy and do not translate into normal stats the way most people think they do. The way the wiki represents wing power is a nice "translation" of that, but its a more accurate reflection of the actual in-game performance than what the code looks like.

I'd be better off posting my flight power grid, which might be a LITTLE out of date but I believe its mostly accurate.

UPDATE: Okay, I'm sorry, its hideous, and it might have a couple mistakes, but I'm trying to make two pictures from different years and different resolutions mesh, this is about as good as I'm going to get.

Thanks for the useful tier list! But I'd love to know where the wings from the developer vanity sets fit in there.
Also, any chance to increase the drop rate of the blood frog and bats? Or at least the chance to fish an enemy during blood moon?

And I doubt you could change that, but it would be nice if flasks also worked with whips.

*Make more things bindable to keyboard - magic/ice mirror/cell phone, Grand Design forced mechanical visibility, ruler & mechanical ruler, paint sprayer, and piggy bank come to mind.
Rod of Discord, as well. There are at least three mods for a RoS keybind floating around TModLoader.

Hello!

Love the changes so far, but there is one negative change that greatly stands out to me, and that's in relation to the new Graveyard biome.

The new biome is a cool addition, but it simply spawns way too easily, dominating any other nearby biome. In particular, the biome is created way too quickly from tombstones spawned by player death.

I play on a server with 5-6 friends or so. If a few of us die in one spot, the screen already starts to turn grey. If we have a teamwipe on a boss, suddenly there's a graveyard biome right in the middle of wherever we were, spawning new enemies and making it harder to see things. If there's a tough fight right around town - most notably when we had an early Blood Moon - then we quickly have the darkened screen and mist obscuring things.

Previously, player tombstones were a neat memoir of battles past. Now they are an annoyance that we have to clean up after we die - which is extra annoying early on when breaking tombstones can cause a tough fight with a ghost.

I would ask that the required tombstone count for a full graveyard biome be increased, or a change wherein the biome spawns from tombstones that are placed by hand and not from ones that drop from deaths.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I perceive it as an issue of annoyance, not difficulty. I'm playing on Master Mode and I expect to get wrecked often. But graveyards are, more than anything else, annoying; and annoyance should spur change moreso than difficulty should.
Sunflowers repel graveyard biomes. My arena has a bunch of sunflowers for that exact reason.

I think that the Hero's Shield should have way more Defense than it currently does to account for the lost Flesh Knuckle considering its competition is making a Frozen Shield instead and just.. keeping the Flesh Knuckle.

On the flip side, you can stack both a Hero's Shield and a Flesh Knuckle to have ALL OF THE AGGRO, so I can understand the hesitation behind it.. but when enemies are hitting as hard as they can, an extra 5 or 6 defense on your primary multiplayer tank isn't going to snap anything in half.

I want to be greedy and say stacking multiple Paladin's Shield-type accessories should grant a greater effect from the buff (with obvious diminishing returns) but that would be a little powerful.. but in exchange you have one character that's now taking a ton of extra damage and also has basically zero utility other than being a defensive wall covered in four shields. I'd like tosee it in motion at least, though. I think it'd be fun, and that's what matters.

Have I mentioned that I love having four shields on, by the way?

I still think the tinker should be called the Meat Shield as well considering you're only using that if you're a tank spec character.

The introduction of Potion of Return makes the Cell Phone useless, for we all use Return Potion to return home. So I advise we can use Cell Phone and 30 bottles of Potion of Return to make Super Phone,which includes original features both of them.

The introduction of Potion of Return makes the Cell Phone useless, for we all use Return Potion to return home. So I advise we can use Cell Phone and 30 bottles of Potion of Return to make Super Phone,which includes original features both of them.
Additionally, it'd be super cool if that also allowed you to teleport to any pylon without needing to be near a pylon. All the other Pylon conditions would still be needed, of course.
The item could be called "Smartphone", and maybe require 1 of each Pylon to craft as well, to balance it out a bit more. Not sure.

Since the atrocious torch unluck now got dealt with, can we address the next issue of the flower boots which became totally useless?
Their nerf wasn't needed at all and it can be done better, as in:
Flower Boots

While the Flare combo was arguably overpowered, in their current iteration, Flower Boots are of minimal use.

Even for decoration - in most of my builds, at least, I used flowers on maybe a dozen blocks total, and they would've spawned eventually, anyway. The new Lawn Mower provides another aesthetic option which also reduces enemy spawns. And we have the new seeds from the Dryad, so I really don't know if I'll ever use the Flower Boots again.

I can think of two options which would allow Flower Boots to spawn bait again without unbalancing fishing:

Quick and easy:
The boots generate flowers every tick. Change this to once per second or slower.

Maybe less quick and easy, but probably better:
The boots generate flowers while standing still. Change this so flowers only generate as the player moves off the block. This would also give Fairy Boots a reason to exist - I haven't tried them out, but from the tooltip, I don't understand why anyone would craft them.
Flower Boots could also stop working if the player is moving too fast, or if the player has any other boots equipped. Fairy Boots would remove that limitation.
or as it was said before - made flares to not break grass

Since the atrocious torch unluck now got dealt with, can we address the next issue of the flower boots which became totally useless?
Their nerf wasn't needed at all and it can be done better, as in:

or as it was said before - made flares to not break grass
This was already answered:
Flower Boots were never meant to be bait farms. In short, that is not their purpose, and "bringing that back as the supported purpose of them" is unlikely to happen.

Honestly, they are vanity boots that happen to have a non-vanity tinker, for design purposes.

Flower boots are still usable to farm jungle grass seeds. Niche af, but not entirely useless.

With the advent of the luck mechanic, I think it'd be pretty neat to add extra sources of positive luck in the form of items that were already associated with luck. I agree that it's meant to be at least a little esoteric and vague as a mechanic, but not having luck associated with Lucky Horseshoe (a literal luck symbol), leprechaun set/pet, Lucky Prefixed accessories, and Lucky coin might have a little bit of confusion or disappointment associated with discovering it had no bearing on luck.

I can totally understand why not, but it'd be a lot cooler if it did. Even if it's a miniscule amount, it'd be a little fun.

The Witch Doctor currently has inventory items only available with Plantera defeated and a Pygmy Staff in your inventory, presumably a relic from when they were essentially the only summoner items at all. Now that there are a lot of other summon options beyond the Pygmy Staff, I think the requirement to have it in your inventory should be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom