Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be kinda irrelevant but......can you guys make marble renewable? I always love the style of marble furnitures, but unlike granite which you can easily farm golems to get, there's limited amount of marble in a single world. If could hoplites drop marble blocks, then I can build whatever I want without worrying about running out of marble.

I think for armor changes fossil and obsidian are super underpowered. I think we should change fossil armor to have 12 defense, and 10% increase of ranged damage, (instead of 9% ranged crit,) and still keep its 20% chance to not consume ammo. This way there is actually a purpose to go to such a hazardous biome to get armor, rather than using gold armor which gives +8 more defense, while not increasing raw damage at all. And while getting buffed it’s still not as strong as necro armor.

And for obsidian armor, lower it’s defense to 9, make it give +15% summon damage and +1 minion capacity would help balance it or and give summoners the early game armor that they need. This would give obsidian armor an actual purpose instead of being surpassed by gold armor. Gold armor still gives far more defense, but summoners can still have something fairly decent, and it’s even though it’s buffed, bee armor would still be stronger.

Maybe this belongs in suggestions more, but meh.

The 1.4 block-texture-blending thing has made a lot of old builds look strange. I think you guys have already considered the problem (hence stone accented slabs), but there are still a bunch of problematic blocks. In my case, I have a build from 1.3.5 in which I can no longer distinguish between the blended gemspark blocks and their respective walls.

But 1.4 blending might also be cool and lead to building techniques not possible in 1.3.5. It'd be nice to have both and to be able to choose between the two, either as a visual setting or an item like a retro hammer.

Far too many of these comments are for making new items or changing mechanics. The mod said basic item stats guys. damage, defense, speed, regen, ect. >.<

I agree with this on most of the recent suggestions but the suggestion of a bottomless honey bucket is a simple color change on the sprite and makes sense the new item that combines them I know is a pipe dream but hey I had to throw it in there.

Far too many of these comments are for making new items or changing mechanics. The mod said basic item stats guys. Damage, defense, speed, regen, ect. >.<
I think it's because that due to this being the last major update a lot of players have noticed some gaps in the game, both long standing ones and ones introduced by changes in 1.4, and they'd like them to be filled before development completely ceases on Terraria. In many cases those gaps could be simply changed by stat alteration but in some others some (minor) content additions really are only real way to solve them. It's not like that everyone is asking for more bosses or whole new alternate biomes or things like that.

Last edited:
I was just doing my normal Summoner game, Master mode infact, only to not help but realize that I took the whole medium world space in defeating the WOF using pure summoner equipment. Imp staff was my main damage dealer. Now this lead me to realize that it is infact impossible to defeat Master Mode Wall of flesh with Summoner equipment in a Small world because of how ridiculously large its health pool is. Its not challenging, its just dragging the fight, basically the summary of the whole master mode bosses itself.

I was just doing my normal Summoner game, Master mode infact, only to not help but realize that I took the whole medium world space in defeating the WOF using pure summoner equipment. Imp staff was my main damage dealer. Now this lead me to realize that it is infact impossible to defeat Master Mode Wall of flesh with Summoner equipment in a Small world because of how ridiculously large its health pool is. Its not challenging, its just dragging the fight, basically the summary of the whole master mode bosses itself.

thats also a thing i noticed, that many bosses (talking everthing up to & including WoF since i haven't progressed farther yet) weren't hard in a sense of challenging new mechanics but more of a deal of: "can you dodge them long enough?" in Master. maybe the splitting mechanic of EoW if you kill his body parts in the middle first

Ontop (true) Melee feels impossible against WoF. you either use some sluggish/slow weapons that are melee but fire a projectile or go ranged anways especially with space gun meteor set granting you a setup that has medium defenses a ranged gun weapon that has basically no ammo that set bonus is bonkers which fires pretty fast and pierces and has very long range (thats how i killed WoF very easily in Master after countless & pointless attempt of melee tries and deaths ofc :eek:

True Excalibur could be better. It’s somewhat outclassed by the chlorophyte swords which you are very likely to have by the time you you fight Mothron. Plus it isn’t even auto swing despite the fact that normal Excalibur has autoswing.

I love how nearly all complains are about the summoner class..... -_-
Probably because Everyone thinks that now that there are whips, it's viable to go pure summoner, when it isn't. The summoner class is plenty strong but not if you limit your options so much. Minions are extra dps on top of whatever main weapon you're using and whips are best used every once in a while to boost your minions.

I've seen the posts about accessories being bad and needing a buff, but I think that they are doing great. For example, the putrid scent and flesh knuckles combo accessories are great. One makes enemies target you and one doesn't. I have definitely seen the effects of the putrid scent, as when I was building a mob grinder I had to take off my mana flower + putrid scent combination (forgot the name lol) because the enemies would just not target me and fall into the lava. I haven't used the flesh knuckle accessories, but since the putrid scent ones do such a good job at keeping enemies away, I'm assuming the same goes for the flesh knuckles (but opposite).

And for the summoner class, I don't really know but the whips seemed to do just fine for me. I went mage in my master mode playthrough but I used whips as an early weapon when I didn't have mana. They did really good and I think you can just use them for a summoner class. Especially the one dropped by the Empress of Light or the Dungeon drop, they two shot certain enemies at night. There of course isn't any good early summoner armour so I think that the pharaohs set should be made into a summoner armour (since it's so annoyingly common). Maybe just +10% increased minion damage, +5% increased minion crit damage, and +1 minion for the set.

I bet people are worrying about dying to enraged empress of light because they want that summoning item...….. ehh...
I be not risking it and sticking to crows if I played summoner.

I've seen the posts about accessories being bad and needing a buff, but I think that they are doing great. For example, the putrid scent and flesh knuckles combo accessories are great. One makes enemies target you and one doesn't. I have definitely seen the effects of the putrid scent, as when I was building a mob grinder I had to take off my mana flower + putrid scent combination (forgot the name lol) because the enemies would just not target me and fall into the lava. I haven't used the flesh knuckle accessories, but since the putrid scent ones do such a good job at keeping enemies away, I'm assuming the same goes for the flesh knuckles (but opposite).

And for the summoner class, I don't really know but the whips seemed to do just fine for me. I went mage in my master mode playthrough but I used whips as an early weapon when I didn't have mana. They did really good and I think you can just use them for a summoner class. Especially the one dropped by the Empress of Light or the Dungeon drop, they two shot certain enemies at night. There of course isn't any good early summoner armour so I think that the pharaohs set should be made into a summoner armour (since it's so annoyingly common). Maybe just +10% increased minion damage, +5% increased minion crit damage, and +1 minion for the set.

i think the targeting only works in multiplayer. Enemies have a chance to target them instead of you

And for obsidian armor, lower it’s defense to 9, make it give +15% summon damage and +1 minion capacity would help balance it or and give summoners the early game armor that they need. This would give obsidian armor an actual purpose instead of being surpassed by gold armor. Gold armor still gives far more defense, but summoners can still have something fairly decent, and it’s even though it’s buffed, bee armor would still be stronger.
I think a buff to Obsidian Armor is a great idea. A logical addition would be to have its set bonus (or each individual part) provide an Obsidian Skull-style immunity to Burning. It costs three times more than the Obsidian Skull to make a full set of Obsidian Armor, and then you have to actually wear it over other armor – this change would give it a slight edge in certain areas.

Last edited:
The aggro effects on the flesh knuckles and putrid scent only effect multiplayer. Enemies will target whatever player is closest to them, the putrid scent makes enemies think the player is 25 tiles further away then they actually are, and the flesh knuckles make enemies think you're 25 tiles closer.

The aggro effects on the flesh knuckles and putrid scent only effect multiplayer. Enemies will target whatever player is closest to them, the putrid scent makes enemies think the player is 25 tiles further away then they actually are, and the flesh knuckles make enemies think you're 25 tiles closer.
I'm using the putrid scent + mana flower combination in single player and the enemies spawn and walk right past me, I'm pretty sure it works. If you attack the enemy they do target you but otherwise it works.

I'm using the putrid scent + mana flower combination in single player and the enemies spawn and walk right past me, I'm pretty sure it works. If you attack the enemy they do target you but otherwise it works.
Some enemies just randomly gain or lose interest, like zombies or other fighter AI enemies, that's probably what you're noticing.

Some enemies just randomly gain or lose interest, like zombies or other fighter AI enemies, that's probably what you're noticing.
Oh no, it's a big difference. I was making a mob farm and finished it all up and boosted the enemy spawn rate to x10. While wearing the putrid scent accessory all the bats and flying enemies would just move around way more freely than when i wasn't wearing the putrid scent accessory.

Oh no, it's a big difference. I was making a mob farm and finished it all up and boosted the enemy spawn rate to x10. While wearing the putrid scent accessory all the bats and flying enemies would just move around way more freely than when i wasn't wearing the putrid scent accessory.
You're just givin' us mob farm scenarios, here; what about in literally any other situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom