Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I guess it makes sense that a stat nerf wouldn’t really work.

What about an obtainability nerf? Simply by making Gravitation Potion harder to come by? Gravitation Potion could be cut from Cavern Chest loot, which would put them a little later in progression because then the player would have to either obtain Fireblossom or break into the dungeon first. This would mean you *could* still get to the Sky Islands early, but it would take more effort, and the easy and free solution of using Gravity Potions would come a little later on.

If this doesn’t work for any reason, or if you can’t make any more changes I’d get that, but I figured I’d suggest it.
Gravitation Potion is a droplet (albeit the most reliable one) in the cup of possibilities. Straightforward building ropes/sky bridges; simple snake charmer's flute; classy golf ball; 200iq ricochet shots/fallen stars; and even seeing some in plain sight in Small worlds.
Let alone the fact that Gravitation Potion itself has more sources than cavern chests/pots. You can obtain it by fishing, and Herb Bags can drop the required Fireblossom sometimes.

If something, sky loot most likely may require a locked chest system (like in FTW seed). However, post-Skeletron is as radical as pre-boss for the Sky items tier. Maybe post-EoC could suffice, but that would require new content, at very least locked chest sprites and a way to obtain key(s).

(and, well, taking away player's agency over gear choice isn't what I'd personally like to see, at least in pre-HM. There are worse offenders like Tinkerer's Workshop crafts including Spectre Boots being pre-boss post-goblin army, and even then it takes quite a dedication and knowledge to obtain so it's not entirely free)

Gravitation Potion is a droplet (albeit the most reliable one) in the cup of possibilities. Straightforward building ropes/sky bridges; simple snake charmer's flute; classy golf ball; 200iq ricochet shots/fallen stars; and even seeing some in plain sight in Small worlds.
Let alone the fact that Gravitation Potion itself has more sources than cavern chests/pots. You can obtain it by fishing, and Herb Bags can drop the required Fireblossom sometimes.

If something, sky loot most likely may require a locked chest system (like in FTW seed). However, post-Skeletron is as radical as pre-boss for the Sky items tier. Maybe post-EoC could suffice, but that would require new content, at very least locked chest sprites and a way to obtain key(s).

(and, well, taking away player's agency over gear choice isn't what I'd personally like to see, at least in pre-HM. There are worse offenders like Tinkerer's Workshop crafts including Spectre Boots being pre-boss post-goblin army, and even then it takes quite a dedication and knowledge to obtain so it's not entirely free)

Yeah that’s true. I knew building and ricochet tricks would still work, but they would be more time consuming, but I didn’t even consider the snake flute/golf club or the alternative sources to gravity potions. I guess that wouldn’t work as well as I thought.

In the next to zero chance that they are willing to add a lock system to sky chests, I think meteorite would be a good place to fit the keys both thematically and progression wise. Idk, this definitely won’t happen but it exists as an option I guess?

Maybe the best solution is to let it slide? I definitely still don’t like what having wings available so early on offers to the player, but I’m starting to realise there probably isn’t a good fix other than adding new items, or reverting the change which is even worse. Considering this and the fact that Leinfors prob can’t make any more changes, I’ll likely just accept that it’s probably stuck as is.

As I had been hoping, I got approval to do a bit of a preview from the balance change log for 1.4.1!

I decided to select the Accessory section, because I think it has a nice mix of minor stuff, quality of life, and some fun tinker boosts that I think will be appreciated by people of many classes, rather than selecting something like Melee.

The whole balance changelog is about 27 pages long. The following section is 2.5 pages of that. I hope you all enjoy. :)

index.php

Accessories

Band of Regeneration/Charm of Myths (Buff)
- Increased healing gain from 0.5 HP per second to 1 HP per second

Band of Starpower/Panic Necklace (Buff)
- (Cross-listing from Crafting Changes) Band of Starpower and Panic Necklace are now more easily available in all worlds. They can be crafted in a Graveyard at a Tinkerer's Workshop, by taking one of them and combining it with a Life or Mana Crystal. Band of Starpower + Life Crystal = Panic Necklace. Panic Necklace + Mana Crystal = Band of Starpower.

Bone Glove (Rework)
- This item has been completely overhauled and turned into an accessory
- When equipped, the player will shoot Crossbones towards their cursor whenever they are attacking, once per second. Consider it like a sword projectile, except it works for every weapon.
- The bones deal 25 class-neutral damage, but additionally ignore up to 25 enemy defense.
- Now also has vanity visibility in the Gloves spot
- Note: In practice, this should allow the Bone Gloves to be simultaneously viable for more classes than just Ranged, and also give it a bit more longevity

Brain of Confusion (Nerf)
- Reduced the Critical chance bonus of the Mind Trick buff from 20% to 10%.
- Reduced the duration of Mind Trick by 1 second

Celestial Cuffs (Buff)
- Now has the +20 mana bonus that its component accessories granted

Diving Helmet and all of its tinkers (Buff)
- Increased the breath capacity bonus by 50%

Feral Claws and Titan Glove (Rework / Buff)
- Moved the "gives autoswing for Melee weapons" perk to Feral Claws, making it available earlier for players. This perk still continues up the tinker chain, it is simply no longer present on Titan Glove specifically
- Titan Glove now has a new perk that increases the size of (eligible) melee weapons by 10%. This perk is also present on all of its tinkers; however, the effect does not stack.

Fledgling Wings and Lucky Horseshoe (Re-Tiering)
- The Lucky Horseshoe is no longer found in Sky Chests, and has been added to the underground Gold Chest loot pool
- In its place, Fledgling Wings have been added to Sky Chests and Sky Crates

Flesh Knuckles/Berserker Gloves (Buff)
- Defense increased from 7 to 8

Fire Gauntlet (Buff)
- Increased the 10% Damage and Melee Speed bonus to 12%
- Gains the new benefit added to the Titan Glove (see Titan Glove)
- Gains the new benefit added to the Magma Stone (see Magma Stone)

Hero Shield (Buff)
- Defense increased from 7 to 10

Honeycomb (and Bee Cloak, Honey Balloon, Stinger Necklace, and Sweetheart Necklace) (Buff / Rework)
- The base damage of the Bees generated by these has been increased from 7 to 13. If using a Hive Pack, this damage is 18.
- This damage is multiplied by 1.5x in Expert mode, and 2x in Master mode
- Additionally, if hit while wearing any of these accessories, the player gains the Honey buff for 5 seconds

Jellyfish Necklace and all of its tinkers (Buff)
- Now lets off an extremely faint glow when out of water (less than the Shadow Orb light pet)
- Dramatically increased the brightness when in water

Lava Charm (Buff)
- Doubled its spawn rate, giving it a 1/20 chance to be found in Lava-layer chests or Lava fishing crates

Magma Stone (Buff)
- Now inflicts a special version of On Fire that deals 15 DPS instead of 4

Molten Quiver (Buff)
- Technically a bug fix, but Wooden Arrows converted to Flaming Arrows by using this accessory now properly gain the +2 damage that Flaming Arrows have. This bonus is only applied to Wooden Arrows, if using the Quiver with superior arrows it will not apply the bonus (as it would be using the superior damage bonus of those arrows instead)

Obsidian Rose (Buff)
- Increased the lava damage reduction from 30 to 45. This change applies to all of its tinkers, however, as a consequence, lava damage has been moved to its own immunity timer, as the change would allow lava to very easily be reduced to 1 damage with the proper loadout.
- Is now a component in the Lava Waders, extending its lava damage reduction to the Lava Waders, Hellfire Treads, and Terraspark Boots. This change is retroactive for people who have already crafted those items, of course!

Panic Necklace/Sweetheart Necklace (Buff)
- Increased duration of the Panic! buff from 5 to 8 seconds

Pygmy Necklace (Re-Tiering)
- Is now sold by the Witch Doctor in pre-Hardmode, giving summoning accessories some earlier-game accessibility (he still only sells it at night, however!)

Star Cloak, Bee Cloak, Star Veil, and Mana Cloak (Buff)
- The base damage of the Stars generated by these accessories has been increased from 30 to 75. In addition, these stars will ignore up to 25 enemy defense.
- This damage is multiplied by 2x in Expert mode, and 3x in Master mode (the defense penetration remains unchanged)
1p0Qnvl.png

index.php
This is only like one tenth of the whole thing? Just reading this made me happy!

I'm a little late but I wanna voice some thoughts on those changes.

These are pretty great changes. I'm especially on-board with the rework for the Bone Glove, as it could be helpful for anyone now. I wonder how a Summoner could benefit from this too (probably spamming whips or Ballista Rod to trigger the effect).
I was going to write my thoughts on the Pygmy Necklace, but Crab took the words out of my mouth. We almost had a very good gap-bridging with Summoner earlygame power, but placing the Pygmy Necklace at the same level as where Summoner already gets a massive boost just feels like wasted potential. It may fit thematically, but so does placing it in the Dungeon or even an Ivy Chest. Summoner goes from one minion (without Summoning Potion) in the earlygame, to four at Queen Bee tier, and a whopping five with the Bewitching Table as well.
What's for certain though is that, Queen Bee tier or not, this is still an improvement for the Pygmy Necklace instead of keeping it so far into the game where it becomes obsolete at higher difficulties the moment you obtain it.

Although, there are still changes we haven't seen yet, so it's still possible that the gap might be remedied somewhat in the next update (looking at you, Vampire Froggy).

I see you identified the same issue I had. It would have been great to put it elsewhere. The Dungeon would have been a perfect location, and its even "almost" there (a little skull), but wasn't quite. I didn't want to stick it behind Queen Bee, but it was the only spot that worked, thematically.
Actually, there was one idea by Syed Zarrar Bokhari (they don't use forums but I'd like to credit them anyway) that Travelling Merchant could be possible source for the Pygmy Necklace.
It does make sense thematically, since, well, the necklace is quite an artifact to find in far lands.
The free tiering of Travelling Merchant's shop will allow for exact position of the item in terms of power scaling.
The only trouble is how random that source will end up to be (and Summoner already has quite a grim history of random to get items), but it may be fair to assume that this accessory is reliable enough to get in Summoner playthroughs that are naturally much slower anyway.

Other than that yes, due to specific jungle themed design of the item it is very hard to find a suitable spot for it that isn't Witch Doctor.

It is not. This was not a change that was made lightly in the first place, and it was mostly done based on the evaluation that Melee is typically underpowered for much of progression. This was intended as one of many minor "boosts" to Melee to help it reclaim a little bit of its lost edge. If that extended to Ranged-Arrows as well, then not only would that be buffing one of the STRONGEST classes in the game, but it would effectively be nullifying all of the gain made to Melee.

If Melee catching up with Ranged is the goal, and I buff both Melee and Ranged the same amount, then there is no net gain towards the goal.

It may be perceived as inconsistent, and I can acknowledge this to be the a tricky issue. However, the same arguments that aided the missing 2% being brought back to Fire Gauntlets worked because Melee needed the love. Won't work the same on Ranged. I'm hoping the +2 damage fix will be at least a moderate compensation.

I agree with this decision. Balance over consistency, ranged already gets too much power. Though, the average dps you can get in early hardmode can make the extra damage from On Fire! really negligible (On Fire! 2.0 is a lot stronger and may have a bit more impact, but you can always get stronger arrows that are still very cheap over Molten Quiver). Still, since Molten Quiver is a different effect altogether, I don't see this as a consistency issue either.

Regarding Pygmy Necklace, I find that the change is healthy to summoner's no matter what, I like the idea of putting it on Ivy Chest pool instead, I think that is in line with the power boosts other classes can get from adventuring in the jungle.

Regarding Pygmy Necklace, I find that the change is healthy to summoner's no matter what, I like the idea of putting it on Ivy Chest pool instead, I think that is in line with the power boosts other classes can get from adventuring in the jungle.

I think this is the best solution. It’s thematically accurate, means it isn’t locked behind the Queen Bee, and allows summoners to potentially grab an extra minion pre-boss - with heavy risk of course - meaning a summoner won’t be so slow with the first few bosses.

If Leinfors is willing/allowed to make a few extra changes, I second this.

As I had been hoping, I got approval to do a bit of a preview from the balance change log for 1.4.1!

I decided to select the Accessory section, because I think it has a nice mix of minor stuff, quality of life, and some fun tinker boosts that I think will be appreciated by people of many classes, rather than selecting something like Melee.

The whole balance changelog is about 27 pages long. The following section is 2.5 pages of that. I hope you all enjoy. :)

index.php

Accessories

- (Cross-listing from Crafting Changes) Band of Starpower and Panic Necklace are now more easily available in all worlds. They can be crafted in a Graveyard at a Tinkerer's Workshop, by taking one of them and combining it with a Life or Mana Crystal. Band of Starpower + Life Crystal = Panic Necklace. Panic Necklace + Mana Crystal = Band of Starpower.

Bone Glove (Rework)
- When equipped, the player will shoot Crossbones towards their cursor whenever they are attacking, once per second. Consider it like a sword projectile, except it works for every weapon.
- The bones deal 25 class-neutral damage, but additionally ignore up to 25 enemy defense.
- Note: In practice, this should allow the Bone Gloves to be simultaneously viable for more classes than just Ranged, and also give it a bit more longevity

Celestial Cuffs (Buff)

- Moved the "gives autoswing for Melee weapons" perk to Feral Claws, making it available earlier for players. This perk still continues up the tinker chain, it is simply no longer present on Titan Glove specifically
- Titan Glove now has a new perk that increases the size of (eligible) melee weapons by 10%. This perk is also present on all of its tinkers; however, the effect does not stack.

- The Lucky Horseshoe is no longer found in Sky Chests, and has been added to the underground Gold Chest loot pool

Fire Gauntlet (Buff)

Hero Shield (Buff)

Honeycomb (and Bee Cloak, Honey Balloon, Stinger Necklace, and Sweetheart Necklace) (Buff / Rework)
- The base damage of the Bees generated by these has been increased from 7 to 13. If using a Hive Pack, this damage is 18.
- Additionally, if hit while wearing any of these accessories, the player gains the Honey buff for 5 seconds

- Now lets off an extremely faint glow when out of water (less than the Shadow Orb light pet)

Lava Charm (Buff)
- Doubled its spawn rate, giving it a 1/20 chance to be found in Lava-layer chests or Lava fishing crates

Magma Stone (Buff)

Molten Quiver (Buff)
- Technically a bug fix, but Wooden Arrows converted to Flaming Arrows by using this accessory now properly gain the +2 damage that Flaming Arrows have. This bonus is only applied to Wooden Arrows, if using the Quiver with superior arrows it will not apply the bonus (as it would be using the superior damage bonus of those arrows instead)

Obsidian Rose (Buff)
- Increased the lava damage reduction from 30 to 45. This change applies to all of its tinkers, however, as a consequence, lava damage has been moved to its own immunity timer, as the change would allow lava to very easily be reduced to 1 damage with the proper loadout.
- Is now a component in the Lava Waders, extending its lava damage reduction to the Lava Waders, Hellfire Treads, and Terraspark Boots. This change is retroactive for people who have already crafted those items, of course!

- Is now sold by the Witch Doctor in pre-Hardmode, giving summoning accessories some earlier-game accessibility (he still only sells it at night, however!)

- The base damage of the Stars generated by these accessories has been increased from 30 to 75. In addition, these stars will ignore up to 25 enemy defense.
- This damage is multiplied by 2x in Expert mode, and 3x in Master mode (the defense penetration remains unchanged)
1p0Qnvl.png

index.php
I see you added a Nathan Pyle refrence

index.php

Accessories

Bone Glove (Rework)

Celestial Cuffs (Buff)

Fire Gauntlet (Buff)

Hero Shield (Buff)

Lava Charm (Buff)

Magma Stone (Buff)

Molten Quiver (Buff)

Obsidian Rose (Buff)

1p0Qnvl.png

index.php
Can you do Journey mode people a favor and add the expert mode exclusive statues in the mist crafting? It be great to have as we can have those item in Journey Mode legitmently.

These are pretty great changes. I'm especially on-board with the rework for the Bone Glove, as it could be helpful for anyone now. I wonder how a Summoner could benefit from this too (probably spamming whips or Ballista Rod to trigger the effect).

Any physical attack action used by the player will trigger the effect. Whether that be using whips, using weapons from other classes, or even literally spamming your summon staff to resummon a minion.

Can you do Journey mode people a favor and add the expert mode exclusive statues in the mist crafting? It be great to have as we can have those item in Journey Mode legitmently.

I think I've mentioned elsewhere, we are removing the Expert-only limit on them in worldgen, they'll spawn like any other statue moving forward.

Very elegant solution for the to obtain the accessories of the other evil, and give some use for the mis-crafted Mana Crystals.
For me, it also gets a small buff for damage preventing (as the buff prevents dodging).

Also, after seeing this, I would like to share some personal ideas about some unmentioned accessories:

The step stool seems still not very useful, could make the stool itself not among player's hitbox (so it can also be used to dodge some damage and help on mining spikes or hot blocks)

Celestial Magnet, it's a very useful item for mages, but it is very luck based, suggestion: craftable by Treasure magnet + Mana Crystal. (can still sold by travelling merchant, so lucky mages can get it early, but unlucky ones can still obtain it post-skeletron)

Obsidian Horseshoe: suggestion: can be used for tinkering the same way as Lucky Horseshoe (so, you don't craft it and then found a balloon and unable to craft balloon with horseshoe)

Obsidian Water Walking Boots: it is strange that it can't walk on lava (I think most new players may assume so), so suggestion is allow it to walk on surface of lava (but still take damage if sink, just like water walking potions)

Hellfire Treads/Fairy Boots: the same as Obsidian Horseshoe, can be used to craft Terraspark Boots/Lightning Boots.

Bundle of Balloons, several suggestions: First, there could be a balloon with horseshoe item (Bundle of Balloons with a horseshoe) Then, it could be craft with either Bundle of Balloons + horseshoe or by replacing one or more of its material with a balloon with horseshoe. Finally, it could be used to made a even bigger bundle of balloons,

Hand Warmer: could also be dropped by some could-themed enemies (or perhaps only on hardmode ones like ice elemental/merman), then it as well as Pocket Mirror could be used for the Ankh Charm (or used for a upgraded version of Ankh Shield), Also, if an upgraded version of Ankh Shield would be introduced, the original Ankh Shield should not longer protect player form cold water in expert.

The four Ogre accessories: it is strange that they can't stack, maybe it doesn't hurt to have some extra summoning damage and sentries (as they take off some slots)

Emblems: sometimes, it may be very difficult to get a specific one (I killed about 40 WoFs for the Warrior's on a recent run), so, my suggestion is just like avenger's emblem, allow one emblem to be used craft to any other ones by add 5 Soul of Light and 5 Soul of Night.

Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage, could be functional in inventory (like another guide book)

Spectre Goggles: could additionally allow player to see ghosts and wraiths (favor-wise)

Finally, a suggestion about lava Angler Tackle Bag (either an upgrade version of original Angler Tackle Bag + Lavaproof Fishing Hook, or made Lavaproof Fishing Hook a component for the Angler Tackle Bag)

Obsidian Rose (Buff)
Also, please make Obsidian Skull Rose or even Molten Skull Rose a component in the Lava Waders.

Last edited:
The step stool seems still not very useful, could make the stool itself not among player's hitbox (so it can also be used to dodge some damage and help on mining spikes or hot blocks)
Yeah, the step-stool is basically a joke item, especially once you get a proper Builder's Kit.

Celestial Magnet, it's a very useful item for mages, but it is very luck based, suggestion: craftable by Treasure magnet + Mana Crystal. (can still sold by travelling merchant, so lucky mages can get it early, but unlucky ones can still obtain it post-skeletron)
Hm, I've never actually had a problem, but I could see this as a backup.
Obsidian Horseshoe, Obsidian Water Walking Boots, Hellfire Treads/Fairy Boots: the same as Obsidian Horseshoe, can be used to craft Terraspark Boots/Lightning Boots.
I think combining the Obsidian Horseshoe into Balloons would be a bit much -- you'd need to just lose the Obsidian Skull effect, to avoid randomly powering up (or multiplying) the horseshoe balloons. The OWWB not walking on lava is kinda implied by their name -- they didn't change from Water-Walking to Lava Walking, after all. The Lava wakers and Fairy Boots are strictly vanity items -- the latter has no place in the TSB tree; I could see allowing the Hellfire Treads to substitute for Lava Waders in the TSB craft, but losing their vanity effect.
Bundle of Balloons, several suggestions: First, there could be a balloon with horseshoe item (Bundle of Balloons with a horseshoe) Then, it could be craft with either Bundle of Balloons + horseshoe or by replacing one or more of its material with a balloon with horseshoe. Finally, it could be used to made a even bigger bundle of balloons,
ISTM that part of the balance of the Bundle is exactly that it doesn't do fall protection; but the real problem with the Bundle is that it's so insanely rare that it's hard to balance between "worth the trouble" and "farm for the OP item". I'd rather see its recipe changed so that it could be crafted from any three (or four?) Balloons, so that players would actually be able to choose between fall protection and many jumps. An alternative would be swapping out the Sandstorm Balloon for the Fart in a Balloon. Of course, this might imply some changes in its behavior... or maybe not. Having that "fart" noise announce "you just made your last jump" could be interesting.....
Hand Warmer: could also be dropped by some could-themed enemies (or perhaps only on hardmode ones like ice elemental/merman), then it as well as Pocket Mirror could be used for the Ankh Charm (or used for a upgraded version of Ankh Shield), Also, if an upgraded version of Ankh Shield would be introduced, the original Ankh Shield should not longer protect player form cold water in expert.
Meh, the Ankh Shield is meant to cover the minor debuffs, which it does well. Having it protect against stoning would definitely be power creep. And given it already moots the Hand Warmer, making that more common just to put it into the recipe seems like clutter.
The four Ogre accessories: it is strange that they can't stack, maybe it doesn't hurt to have some extra summoning damage and sentries (as they take off some slots)
I've always assumed they were basically the same accessory in four forms. Having them stack could be OP... on the other hand, it's basically 10% damage plus a sentry per accessory slot, and as I've said elsewhere if you put lots of slots into something you should get serious power there.
Emblems: sometimes, it may be very difficult to get a specific one (I killed about 40 WoFs for the Warrior's on a recent run), so, my suggestion is just like avenger's emblem, allow one emblem to be used craft to any other ones by add 5 Soul of Light and 5 Soul of Night.
I like this....
Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage, could be functional in inventory (like another guide book)
But not this so much. it's pretty easy to whip up a stack of vine rope (so to speak), making the Guide to Cordage work in inventory would just make it that much harder to turn if off.
Spectre Goggles: could additionally allow player to see ghosts and wraiths (favor-wise)
How? That is, what would it do that a Hunter and/or vison potions don't? What about invisible Pigrons, stalked enemies inside the landscape, etc?
Finally, a suggestion about lava Angler Tackle Bag (either an upgrade version of original Angler Tackle Bag + Lavaproof Fishing Hook, or made Lavaproof Fishing Hook a component for the Angler Tackle Bag)
Meh... For the original recipe, the Tackle Bag should not require lava fishing up front! And an upgrade would just be power creep -- taking another slot for enabling (or speeding) lava fishing is a reasonable price, it's so profitable... The last time I went lava fishing I needed to swap out 3 accessories as well as my armor, but I made over half a plat on fished items even before opening crates.

I know this is late for this update, but for items in the future, I'd like to see Summoner weapon modifiers, not just sharing Magic ones, because Crit and Mana cost have no bearing on the Summoner play style, and Knockback is a mixed bag.

Personally, I'd like to see mobility and size modifier stats. Mobility would entail move speed for summons that run into enemies, and projectile velocity for ranged, and size would act similarly. Bigger slimes, bigger hornet stingers.

Also; now that Whips are the active part of the Summoner kit, perhaps they could be afforded a little more raw defense in their sets to reflect the fact that they need to be in a somewhat more dangerous zone than magic or ranged to get the most out of their kit?

Completely Unrelated; Town NPCs are probably kept weak on purpose, but man does it suck sometimes when they get wrecked later in the game, especially now that we need them for pylons. a 60% health bump going into hardmode (To 400) or some sort of defense for them in harder difficulties might be too much to ask, but I wanna.

EDIT: Just saw the Accessory changes. Speaking of Star Veil, is it intended to have fewer iframes than Cross Necklace? If so it's a weird build consideration to keep the iframes or build up to SV and drop stars when you inevitably get hit.

I also feel like the weirdo that prefers jump accessories over wings. Frog Gear + Yellow Horseshoe Balloon, when you want to go up 53 blocks in a hurry? Kinda makes me wish I could cram the Frog Legs into the Terraspark Boots instead of just the Swim/Wall Climb option though, because if that were the case I could still get the MNG for the dash to complement my upward mobility.

Last edited:
I also feel like the weirdo that prefers jump accessories over wings. Frog Gear + Yellow Horseshoe Balloon, when you want to go up 53 blocks in a hurry? Kinda makes me wish I could cram the Frog Legs into the Terrarian Boots instead of just the Swim/Wall Climb option though, because if that were the case I could still get the MNG for the dash to complement my upward mobility.
Have you heard of amphibian boots?

Sure, but those aren't part of the highly versatile Terraspark Boots. Or have even a fraction of their value.

I know TSB is a huge mobility spike for only one accessory slot and are a poor comparison. But losing even the bonus move speed and water walking is too much just for a jump boost, imo.

Sure, but those aren't part of the highly versatile Terraspark Boots. Or have even a fraction of their value.

I know TSB is a huge mobility spike for only one accessory slot and are a poor comparison. But losing even the bonus move speed and water walking is too much just for a jump boost, imo.
Eh from what I've found all the fancy effects of the terraspark boots don't outweigh the vertical mobility from the amphibian boots.

They’re just as versatile in different ways. The +50% ascent speed to all wings the amphibian boots have makes for a massive spike to aerial mobility, which is probably the most important stat for hardmode boss fights. The only time you’d want the terraspark boots over amphobian boots during a boss is duke fishron so the sharknados get dumped into the bottom of the ocean. It’s honestly best to have both (amphibian boots are extremely cheap) and use Terraspark for exploration while using Amphibian for bosses. The bonus movement speed doesn’t even work in the air like the Shield of Cthulhu does, anyway, and it also doesn’t affect top sprinting speed, only acceleration (which the shield of cthulhu also does better). In my opinion, they are equally effective, but Amphibian are overall better because they only require two ingredients to get (and getting both of them doesn’t take nearly as long as getting the Lava Charm alone)

Last edited:
They’re just as versatile in different ways. The +50% ascent speed to all wings the amphibian boots have makes for a massive spike to aerial mobility, which is probably the most important stat for hardmode boss fights. The only time you’d want the terraspark boots over amphobian boots during a boss is duke fishron so the sharknados get dumped into the bottom of the ocean. It’s honestly best to have both (amphibian boots are extremely cheap) and use Terraspark for exploration while using Amphibian for bosses. The bonus movement speed doesn’t even work in the air like the Shield of Cthulhu does, anyway, and it also doesn’t affect top sprinting speed, only acceleration (which the shield of cthulhu also does better)
Lightning boots+ has a running speed of 34mph, while hermes boots and amphibian boots have a running speed of 30mph.

The main difference between amphbian boots vs terraspark is the slight running speed advantage and rocket boots effect(increases flight time) vs. the frog leg. All the other terraspark boot effects can be replaced with potons that do the job just as good or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom