Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, u do realize that u can get the horseshoe out of ALL golden chests, rather than ones that are just in the lava layer, right? They’re not gonna be more rare than lava charms, not the lava charms before and not the new percentages. The horseshoe isn’t gonna be hard to find. One extra drop on a gold chest isn’t gonna kill u. I’m sure you’ll find it after 15 gold chests MAX. And I’m talking if you had really bad luck.

Bro u do realize that i mentioned Lava Charm PRE 1.4 in the very same post you quoted.. Which was available in Golden Chests in ALL undergorund layers not just lava layer like in 1.4.
And it was still insanely hard to find due to RNG , dilluted golden chests loot pool and their random location ..... (And it wasn't just me i seen many threads poping up requesting trade for Lava Charm before 1.4 was even a thing) Compared to Horseshoe in Sky Chests which are super easy to find as their location is very easy to find + they have very small loot pool. Why is this so ficking hard to understand?

15 gold chests MAX to get Horseshoe my hide...
Took me on average over 30-50 of them to get Lava Charm in 1.3.5 (Including world hopping)

While Horseshoe from Sky Chests i could get after 2-3 on average and pretty fast as they are way easier to find than Golden Chests i can't emphasise this part enough....

Last edited:
Bro u do realize that i mentioned Lava Charm PRE 1.4 which was available in Golden Chests in ALL undergorund layers not just lava layer.
And it was still insanely hard to find due to RNG , dilluted golden chests loot pool and their random location ..... Compared to Horseshoe in Sky Chests which are super easy to find as their location is very easy to find + they have very small loot pool. Why is this so ficking hard to understand?

15 gold chests MAX to get Horseshoe my hide...
Took me on average over 30-50 of them to get Lava Charm in 1.3.5 (Including world hopping)

While Horseshoe from Sky Chests i could get after 2-3 on average.

The difference is the chance of finding a Lava Charm was 1/40. Lava Charm was much rarer than all other Gold Chest loot by a significant margin. Lucky Horseshoe will probably the same chance to appear as other items, giving it about a 1/8 chance. That’s five times as likely, and with more chests appearing in 1.4 due to them being able to spawn outside of cabins, you shouldn’t have a hard time finding one.

I don’t disagree with them being obtainable by fishing, but you’re way overestimating how hard it would be to find one naturally (and being overly aggressive about it too).

If you’re having a hard time finding chests underground, make spelunker potions. They are very cheap to make and will speed up the looting process by a massive amount, you shouldn’t have any shortage of chests if you do this.

Besides, if you need fall immunity that early, Fledgeling Wings offer fall immunity, so you can just go for those with the same chance of finding them as finding a Horseshoe pre-4.1 with no difference.

The difference is the chance of finding a Lava Charm was 1/40. Lava Charm was much rarer than all other Gold Chest loot by a significant margin. Lucky Horseshoe will probably the same chance to appear as other items, giving it about a 1/8 chance.

Yeah? Well see.. Cause the fact that they made certain common appearing things extremely rare now in 1.4 (Enchanted Sword Shrines , Living Mahogany Trees , Waterbolt - before you say anything i had 2 large worlds where there was only single copy in entire dungeon and at the very bottom of the dungeon - checked via map viewers.) doesn't fill me with confidence about Horseshoe's rarity.

I don’t disagree with them being obtainable by fishing, but you’re way overestimating how hard it would be to find one naturally (and being overly aggressive about it too).

That's all i ask for a alternative way of obtaining this item like it is now with Enchanted Sword, Lava Charm and the Horseshoe itself in current game version.
Yet all i get as replies is "hur hur golden chests are not so rare" and posts that can be pretty much summed up with : "fishing sucks , you can't be serious with your suggestion" while completely missing the point that i tried to make.
Hence why my posts might come across as "aggressive" despite that they really aren't.
I'm blunt and to the point type of a person. So yea that may seem like i'm "aggressive" but i am really not.

Trust me you would really notice when i'm actually being aggressive lol.
Which i really don't want to.

I'm a console player, meaning my worlds have rarer gold chests than on PC, and I'll agree that they can be pretty elusive at times. Combining that with the drop pool, it can get pretty frustrating to get my 7th flare gun trying for a magic mirror or Hermes boots. Adding the Horseshoe to the crate loot pool could help with that, and I respect your preference for fishing over caving. I personally think golden crates are extremely rare, but if you prefer it, that's fine.

While Horseshoe from Sky Chests i could get after 2-3 on average and pretty fast as they are way easier to find than Golden Chests i can't emphasise this part enough....
That's because the sky crate loot pool has literally three main items, the sword, the balloon, and the wings. Of course it'll be easier than going underground and looting chests, you can literally mine a few stacks of dirt, get a bunch of rope, and skybridge to get each item in the first five minutes of the game. Going through caves to find the chests at the mercy of skeletons, worms, and bats is a lot less dangerous than making a tower of rope and running past the harpies. You're investing more time, either exploring the more dangerous area or fishing with the wider loot pool, to get the better reward, the horseshoe balloon over the fledgling wings.

... The fact that these decorations are locked behind insane amount of RNG and on top of that your chance of getting them diminishes the more you do the quests is just pure bull crap. Only real way of obtaining those is by item editors / item servers instead grinding days and weeks or even months if your luck is like mine for a chance to get them. And good frickin luck getting few of them for your builds if you arent playing on Journey mode..
I can think of two options to address fishing decorations becoming more difficult to obtain over time.
  1. Fishing rewards can give a decoration reward in addition to a useful reward when luck is above the default. Decorations stay rare, but chances of getting them never decreases over time.
  2. The pirate sells fishing reward decorations but only if you have completed a high number of fishing requests. Decorations can be linked to moon phases/etc to avoid cluttering his shop.

All in all, I think it would be nice if there were a few new accessories:

- One that is a combination of Celestial Shell and Jellyfish Necklace, which would provide extra light.

- One that is a combination of the Ankh Shield and the Pocket Mirror (Medusa's attack is deadly even after Moon Lord).

- A summoner accessory made of Avenger Emblem.

(And overall, Cell Phone should emit a slight blue light when held)

If we removed projectiles from some melee weapons and made them close ranged and then changed up the other longer ranged options, we’ve gotten nowhere. Now, melee is still attacking the exact same way as before, playing from a but with different weapons. There’s really not a point, especially with how long melee has been the way it is.

Giving swords projectiles makes an interesting dual strategy where you can attack safely or at close to different effects. Stealing the ranged ability from these weapons would make them considered unviable even if they had significant close ranged buffs, and people would just end up using longer ranged choices instead. This would just make the classes feel even less separate, as then you lose a whole part of the dual strategy, going against your entire argument.

Anyway, melee already feels separate enough from the other classes anyway. Ranged offers you much more wiggle room than melee or magic, and has an interesting concept of mixing up weapons and ammo to create your own effects that no other class has. Magic makes you play defensively, forcing you to work around mana and avoid taking hits and compensating with extreme DPS output and easy to use weapons. Summoner is a whole other level of unique. Comparatively, Melee’s strategy is to utilize the high defense offered to either play aggressively and offensively, or to have extreme survivability at the cost of damage output. The strategies for the classes are already different enough without completely changing things up.
I don't think you've "gotten nowhere" as you said it because having ranged with a yoyo, boomerang, or flail has a very different play pattern than shooting a beam from a sword. Attacking with a any of those is different than attacking with a beam because with a yoyo you'll want to stay somewhat close rather than always running away like your would with a projectile sword, with a boomerang you'll want to shoot it behind the target so it hits multiple times, and with a flail you have to time the double click so you get more hits and make sure you don't get hit with how long the delay is. All of these weapons are significantly different and not playing "the exact way as before".

There are viable close ranged melee weapons like Fetid Baghnakhs, so it isn't entirely necessary to have some special effect, but if you wanted a special effect there could be something like afterimages of where you swing so if you can predict where enemies will go you can damage them from a bit of distance, make the actual sword more comedically large, or make blocking attacks, like brand of the inferno does, something that more swords do

Melee weapons in general do feel different from other classes, the only real offenders of that are the projectile swords. Which as you said "have extreme survivability at the cost of damage output" which is exactly the problem, they're the same playstyle with different damage and defense values.

The difference between ranged and magic doesn't really show itself until hardmode unfortunately, sure they use different resources, but all staves are basically jester arrows with less piercing. It's true in the lategame ranged gets some interesting weapons that can create as you put it "an interesting concept of mixing up weapons and ammo to create your own effects that no other class has".
Lastly, there’s a pretty big deviation between “flail that spits bubbles” and “enchanted blade from an alien race that launches clones of itsef”. Melee would still have unique options, but the swords, in my opinion, are half of what make melee feel truly awesome.
you're misunderstanding me here, i never said the variation of playstyles within the class is the problem, my problem is that some of the best melee weapons in the game namely enchanted sword, true night's edge, terra blade, seedler, and meowmere, might as well be ranged weapons or magic weapons. Some of these swords even do more damage from the projectile than the sword itself, which is crazy to me.
I really fail to see the point in changing melee in such a vast way. Melee is already a unique playstyle, and the way Terraria does it is incredibly unique compared to other games and actually a lot of fun. I feel like taking away this flair of melee would not only make melee feel less interesting but would make it feel like a copy of other games’ melee, going against half the point of Terraria. It’s a common argument that melee should be more melee, but for this reason I strongly disagree.
I mostly agree with you, aside from a few generally very good weapons in melee, melee does have a unique playstyle. I think it's a real shame that that playstyle at some points in the game are dominated by weapons that are very similar to weapons of other classes.

I hope i'm not frustrating you with my disagreements, and i hope you have a good day.:)

I don't think you've "gotten nowhere" as you said it because having ranged with a yoyo, boomerang, or flail has a very different play pattern than shooting a beam from a sword. Attacking with a any of those is different than attacking with a beam because with a yoyo you'll want to stay somewhat close rather than always running away like your would with a projectile sword, with a boomerang you'll want to shoot it behind the target so it hits multiple times, and with a flail you have to time the double click so you get more hits and make sure you don't get hit with how long the delay is. All of these weapons are significantly different and not playing "the exact way as before".

There are viable close ranged melee weapons like Fetid Baghnakhs, so it isn't entirely necessary to have some special effect, but if you wanted a special effect there could be something like afterimages of where you swing so if you can predict where enemies will go you can damage them from a bit of distance, make the actual sword more comedically large, or make blocking attacks, like brand of the inferno does, something that more swords do

Melee weapons in general do feel different from other classes, the only real offenders of that are the projectile swords. Which as you said "have extreme survivability at the cost of damage output" which is exactly the problem, they're the same playstyle with different damage and defense values.

The difference between ranged and magic doesn't really show itself until hardmode unfortunately, sure they use different resources, but all staves are basically jester arrows with less piercing. It's true in the lategame ranged gets some interesting weapons that can create as you put it "an interesting concept of mixing up weapons and ammo to create your own effects that no other class has".

you're misunderstanding me here, i never said the variation of playstyles within the class is the problem, my problem is that some of the best melee weapons in the game namely enchanted sword, true night's edge, terra blade, seedler, and meowmere, might as well be ranged weapons or magic weapons. Some of these swords even do more damage from the projectile than the sword itself, which is crazy to me.

I mostly agree with you, aside from a few generally very good weapons in melee, melee does have a unique playstyle. I think it's a real shame that that playstyle at some points in the game are dominated by weapons that are very similar to weapons of other classes.

I hope i'm not frustrating you with my disagreements, and i hope you have a good day.:)

I don’t think you’re appreciating the way these weapons work enough.Melee’s projectile swords are very fun to use, are a big part of Terraria’s theme, and are just good.

They are interesting because you have a blade and projectile in the same package. Let’s look at Terra Blade. It deals 90 odd damage by sword and shoots a projectile that deals 120 odd damage every second swing. You can attack from a distance for good damage output, but get up close and that’s an additional 180 damage in one projectile cycle. Even on the Influx Waver, which hits thrice and shoots a projecrile every swing, that’s a flat 33% damage boost. Only sword I can’t really apply this logic to is the Star Wrath, but that’s one example out of many.

Now take these weapons to a crowd. With a ranged weapon, you shoot the enemies that are easiest to hit or more prelevant. With a sword, you can walk through the crowd and deal hefty damage as long as you watch positioning. With the projectile swords, you have both, in the same package. This creates a distinct strategy that you can’t really find elsewhere where you can dual focus with both the blade and the beam to either hit separate enemies at the same time, allowing yourself to neglect crowds to focus on the event boss, or to rocket your DPS against any one target if you’re willing to be risky. It also means that if the enemy does try to ram you, you get some payoff with damage. Use the Influx Waver on the Pumpkin Moon, or the Terra Blade on an Eclipse. You’ll see this in effect.

The sword swing mixed with a projectile can be prelevant throughout the whole game for many different reasons as well. If you get an Enchanted Sword, can fore onto the Eye of Crhulhu without stopping to bat away his servants. You can smack off the Destroyer with your sword and remove Probes with the projectile. You can parry Golem’s fists with the blade with no concern without changing your path of fire. You can knock away Plantera’s tentacles without diverting your attention off the boss. You can kill Duke Fishron’s Bubbles or Sharkron that may happen to get too close. You can destroy Moon Lord’s Leech Clots without changing your line of fire. Etc, etc.

If you wanted true melee eithout the projectiles, there’s always a high DPS close combat option available - Terragrim, Fetids, Starlight. But these are separate from the projectile swords, because their DPS is higher but they lack the flair I just described for melee weapons. Additionally, if you ignored the blade on melee projectile swords, it’s still a different strategy from ranged or mage. Changing from high DPS low defense to low DPS high defense changes the battle from a battle of power to one of endurance. If you play lots of video games, you know how different these types of battles feel even if it’s just stats.

Finally, you do have a point about melee non-swords being unique, I did overlook that. But if you want to encourage people to use these, the solution is not to kill the competition, especially when the competition is just as unique as they are.

This is what I mean by melee projectile swords offering their own unique strategy. Yeah, they can end up being similar to Ranged or Magic, but they are also quite distinct for the reasons I just explained above. No other category of weapons can really do that, at least to the extent melee’s sword weapons do. That’s the issue I have with hurting Melee’s projectile swords. Lots of people claim they are just copies of magic weapons, but they really aren’t, for the reasons I spent admittedly too long hammering out. Hurting melee swords would just remove this whole flair, hurting melee class’ uniqueness and making it feel lesser, if that makes sense.

And no, you aren’t frustrating me, it’s always entertaining to discuss mechanics with other people even when they don’t agree, and I’m glad you’re not taking it personally either. People who argue well are very fun to argue with :)

Last edited:
I don’t think you’re appreciating the way these weapons work enough.Melee’s projectile swords are very fun to use, are a big part of Terraria’s theme, and are just good.

They are interesting because you have a blade and projectile in the same package. Let’s look at Terra Blade. It deals 90 odd damage by sword and shoots a projectile that deals 120 odd damage every second swing. You can attack from a distance for good damage output, but get up close and that’s an additional 180 damage in one projectile cycle. Even on the Influx Waver, which hits thrice and shoots a projecrile every swing, that’s a flat 33% damage boost. Only sword I can’t really apply this logic to is the Star Wrath, but that’s one example out of many.

Now take these weapons to a crowd. With a ranged weapon, you shoot the enemies that are easiest to hit or more prelevant. With a sword, you can walk through the crowd and deal hefty damage as long as you watch positioning. With the projectile swords, you have both, in the same package. This creates a distinct strategy that you can’t really find elsewhere where you can dual focus with both the blade and the beam to either hit separate enemies at the same time, allowing yourself to neglect crowds to focus on the event boss, or to rocket your DPS against any one target if you’re willing to be risky. It also means that if the enemy does try to ram you, you get some payoff with damage. Use the Influx Waver on the Pumpkin Moon, or the Terra Blade on an Eclipse. You’ll see this in effect.

The sword swing mixed with a projectile can be prelevant throughout the whole game for many different reasons as well. If you get an Enchanted Sword, can fore onto the Eye of Crhulhu without stopping to bat away his servants. You can smack off the Destroyer with your sword and remove Probes with the projectile. You can parry Golem’s fists with the blade with no concern without changing your path of fire. You can knock away Plantera’s tentacles without diverting your attention off the boss. You can kill Duke Fishron’s Bubbles or Sharkron that may happen to get too close. You can destroy Moon Lord’s Leech Clots without changing your line of fire. Etc, etc.

If you wanted true melee eithout the projectiles, there’s always a high DPS close combat option available - Terragrim, Fetids, Starlight. But these are separate from the projectile swords, because their DPS is higher but they lack the flair I just described for melee weapons. Additionally, if you ignored the blade on melee projectile swords, it’s still a different strategy from ranged or mage. Changing from high DPS low defense to low DPS high defense changes the battle from a battle of power to one of endurance. If you play lots of video games, you know how different these types of battles feel even if it’s just stats.

Finally, you do have a point about melee non-swords being unique, I did overlook that. But if you want to encourage people to use these, the solution is not to kill the competition, especially when the competition is just as unique as they are.

This is what I mean by melee projectile swords offering their own unique strategy. Yeah, they can end up being similar to Ranged or Magic, but they are also quite distinct for the reasons I just explained above. No other category of weapons can really do that, at least to the extent melee’s sword weapons do. That’s the issue I have with hurting Melee’s projectile swords. Lots of people claim they are just copies of magic weapons, but they really aren’t, for the reasons I spent admittedly too long hammering out. Hurting melee swords would just remove this whole flair, hurting melee class’ uniqueness and making it feel lesser, if that makes sense.

And no, you aren’t frustrating me, it’s always entertaining to discuss mechanics with other people even when they don’t agree, and I’m glad you’re not taking it personally either. People who argue well are very fun to argue with :)
While i still think they're a bit too similar to other classes, i see your point that it does offer some strategy of getting closer for higher dps. While i think they could do more to differentiate melee especially with blocking, it's in a pretty good state overall. It was nice discussing with you, but i feel like i've said all my points already. I'm glad you were polite in our discussions.

Again? What you on about its like the FIRST time i mentioned this here or anywhere else...

And yes i rather fish for the Horseshoe than search for it in Golden Chests of which loot pools is already quite dilluted with a lot of various items.
If my luck is crap ill have to grind for it for hours instead minutes like before as

1. Sky Chests are a lot easier to locate
2. Their loot pool is quite small giving better odds of getting what i want even from fishing Sky Crates.
3. Yes i rather fish of Golden Crates for an hour rather than search for golden chests and pray they have what i want in their already heavily dilluted loot pool for several hours straight. (I usually do fishing anyways since its still the most reliable and safe way of getting certain things and ores both in prehardmode and hardmode , thats especially useful for someone who plays on mediumcore / hardcore difficulties.)

So yes since they clearly made the Horseshoe a lot more annoying to find than it is now. I would like if there was still an alternative way of obtaining Horseshoes in 1.4.1 like we have now in 1.4.0 ....... Whatever that method might be. (Fishing method is what makes the most sense to me.)
Is thats so bad? :/

PS: bait is really easy to come by and crate / fishing potions are easy to create.
Despite your biased opinion against fishing is still the most effective method of skipping some of the searching / grinding for certain items and ores.

I'm sorry if I offended you. I was referring to the fact that the Pyramid loot thing has gone on a lot in this thread, I was not trying to imply that it was your fault specifically. Forgive me for the misconception, it does sound wrong out of context. <3

When your luck is bad in terms of chests it's not that bad as you will still be getting useful items, while when you're fishing it hurts a lot. The reason for this is that in chests things like coins, bars, summoning items, bombs, etc, are not part of the main loot-table and will appear regardless of what the main item in the chest is. However, when fishing for crates, they are part of it and there is a chance that when a crate is opened it will not have any special item but things like bait, bars, and coins, so if your luck is bad, you will constantly be getting things you don't want out of it whole searching for chests at least means you can get Cloud in a Bottles, Hermes Boots, Band of Regen, and grab Life Crystals, Ores, enemies, new caves, biomes, and other tidbits on the way there. I also never said that fishing wasn't useful, I said it was mundane and boring. In a game where you're constantly on the move with action and fighting fishing is a pretty chill break from it, but gets stale after a while of doing the same thing over and over again. Not part of the argument, but if I wanted some chill time, I'd rather build.

It's not bad that it has a fishing alternative, I'm saying that not everything needs to have a different way of getting it that's different from the current method and not everything needs to be available in a single world (and if there's not a single Horseshoe in your entire world than maybe you should quit Terraria and recontemplate your life decisions xD). With that logic than people should be complaining for a different way to get the Slime Staff or the Rod of Discord. :)

I'm sorry if I offended you. I was referring to the fact that the Pyramid loot thing has gone on a lot in this thread, I was not trying to imply that it was your fault specifically. Forgive me for the misconception, it does sound wrong out of context. <3

When your luck is bad in terms of chests it's not that bad as you will still be getting useful items, while when you're fishing it hurts a lot. The reason for this is that in chests things like coins, bars, summoning items, bombs, etc, are not part of the main loot-table and will appear regardless of what the main item in the chest is. However, when fishing for crates, they are part of it and there is a chance that when a crate is opened it will not have any special item but things like bait, bars, and coins, so if your luck is bad, you will constantly be getting things you don't want out of it whole searching for chests at least means you can get Cloud in a Bottles, Hermes Boots, Band of Regen, and grab Life Crystals, Ores, enemies, new caves, biomes, and other tidbits on the way there. I also never said that fishing wasn't useful, I said it was mundane and boring. In a game where you're constantly on the move with action and fighting fishing is a pretty chill break from it, but gets stale after a while of doing the same thing over and over again. Not part of the argument, but if I wanted some chill time, I'd rather build.

It's not bad that it has a fishing alternative, I'm saying that not everything needs to have a different way of getting it that's different from the current method and not everything needs to be available in a single world (and if there's not a single Horseshoe in your entire world than maybe you should quit Terraria and recontemplate your life decisions xD). With that logic than people should be complaining for a different way to get the Slime Staff or the Rod of Discord. :)
Another thing to add: If you are just looking for fall damage resistance, the Fledgling Wings do that and a bit more.

Hey Leinfors, has there been any changes or specifically buffs to meteorite and meteorite equipment in the upcoming patch since 1.4 gated it later than it always had been? I feel like it sort of lost its niche.

Hey Leinfors, has there been any changes or specifically buffs to meteorite and meteorite equipment in the upcoming patch since 1.4 gated it later than it always had been? I feel like it sort of lost its niche.
Space gun niche: being OP with meteor armour
Meteor armour niche: being OP with space gun
Star cannon niche: being the best PHM weapon
Meteorite Hamaxe: yeah who uses this lol

I agree with your statement, the meteor hamaxe needs a buff

If that was the case (adding it to Wooden Crates pool as it never was in Wooden Crates or Gold Crates like ever.. Or leaving it in Sky Crates) they would have mentioned it in the same info regarding Horseshoe being tier-swapped.

So big X DOUBT on that one.

PS: If you think Horeshoe would be easier to find just cause its added to Golden Chests than if it was still in Sky Chests / Crates (which are easier to find and have much smaller loot pool so you have better chances to get what you want.) You are wrong .. like dead fricking wrong.
Case in point : Lava Charm (before 1.4)

Spending countless hours to find one was so much fun...
Before lava fishing crates were introduced which helped greatly with recieving this item despite what some might say.
And now Lava Charm drop chances will be buffed in 1.4.1 which i am even more happy about..

What i am not happy about is the fact that Horseshoe will be as annoying to find now as Lava Charm before all these changes as there doesn't seem to be any mention of alternative (preferably fishing way) of recieving it. Just Gold Chests RNG.
Lava Charm is the only item from chests which has a lower chance of spawning, a better compassion to make would be Hermes Boots, and while it is still a bit annoying to find, you can get multiple of them early game.
Most items from underground ground chests can be found with about 1 in 10 chance, Lava Charm is 1 in 40.

Now, I agree with you though, I think you should still be able to fish it, despite it being way more likely to spawn in your world, horseshoe is still a component to MANY tinkers, and it is never bad to have additional fishing loot. And looking and some past decisions involving RNG in game, I'm also a bit worried, namely fishing nerfs, but also there were plenty of advancements to make some items more obtainable, Water Walking Boots and now Lava Charm for example... if horseshoe is as easy to find as Hermes Boots I'm happy (it's also better fitting to be an underground item thematically anyway).

"Not everything needs to have a different way of getting"
Oh excuse me i was under the impression that Horseshoe already HAS ALTERNATIVE WAY of obtaining via fishing since 1.4.
And now that method is getting removed in next patch....

(Also Re-Logic might disagree on you on that one as they implemented several ways of obtaining certain world exclusive items in same world now but i digress.)

I wouldn't complain about it if it never was in the fishing pool in the first place but it was added to a fishing crates pool in 1.4 then its going to get removed again from said fishing pool in 1.4.1
Do you understand where i'm getting at now? Why i want the alternative way of obtaining this item preserved?

I'm not demanding every single rare item to be obtainable via fishing the pyramid thing was just a off the top of my head mention that apparently got you very triggered for some reason..
My main focus is wanting the Horseshoe to still be fishable like it is now in 1.4.0

Hope i explained everything clear enough now.
English is not my native language.

I also never said that fishing wasn't useful, I said it was mundane and boring. In a game where you're constantly on the move with action and fighting fishing is a pretty chill break from it, but gets stale after a while of doing the same thing over and over again. Not part of the argument, but if I wanted some chill time, I'd rather build.

PS: And yea you don't liking fishing or thinking its boring and mundane really shouldn't be the reason against this suggestion.
Cause there are people that enjoy fishing and benefits that come with it.

Imagine that.. Some people might enjoy the very thing that you don't like.
Crazy concept right?

Last edited:
you forgot about the phase blades... I can't blame you though even in 1.3 they weren't very good... and now they are some of the most underwhelming weapons in the game.

No it doesn't! It is a better hammer than 'The breaker' and a better axe than 'war axe of the night'. Unless I rushed molten gear I always make one.

I'm sorry for being off-topic, but this is the best post in the entire thread xD.

"Not everything needs to have a different way of getting"
Oh excuse me i was under the impression that Horseshoe already HAS ALTERNATIVE WAY of obtaining via fishing since 1.4.
And now that method is getting removed in next patch....

(Also Re-Logic might disagree on you on that one as they implemented several ways of obtaining certain world exclusive items in same world now but i digress.)

I wouldn't complain about it if it never was in the fishing pool in the first place but it was added to a fishing crates pool in 1.4 then its going to get removed again from said fishing pool in 1.4.1
Do you understand where i'm getting at now? Why i want the alternative way of obtaining this item preserved?

I'm not demanding every single rare item to be obtainable via fishing the pyramid thing was just a off the top of my head mention that apparently got you very triggered for some reason..
My main focus is wanting the Horseshoe to still be fishable like it is now in 1.4.0

Hope i explained everything clear enough now.
English is not my native language.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was already in the fishing loot pool, and I would've never started this argument if I had known. And the Pyramid did not trigger me, I just wished for it to not come up again because it was discussed in great extent to the point where some people were questioning the dev's logic in a less than appealing way which Leinfors had to bring up to stop it. I would ask for forgiveness but let's go on to the next part of your message:

Edit: Actually, I did realize that there was a fishing alternative; Sky Crates. The whole Wooden crates thing confused me. Therefore, my argument is justified because there's a limited number of sky chests in a world and if your RNG is bad you'll miss one, but there's so many golden chests in a world that unless you've seen a black cat, walked under a ladder, seen a coin heads-up on the ground, and held a horseshoe simultaneously there's no way you'll not find a Lucky Horseshoe not once, but multiple times for those tinkers you were talking about. And as Pigman said, just get some Fledgling Wings.

Moving on:

PS: And yea you don't liking fishing or thinking its boring and mundane really shouldn't be the reason against this suggestion.
Cause there are people that enjoy fishing and benefits that come with it.

Imagine that.. Some people might enjoy the very thing that you don't like.
Crazy concept right?

What's your problem, dude? I am simply arguing against your post and have apologized for misconceptions not once, but twice, where even once I didn't have to because I was not even referring to you, but did so anyways for fear of hurting your feelings, but now you resort to outright insults. Just a few posts above you you can see Waluigi and Sia arguing peacefully and stating that it's fun to argue with someone who's smart and nice, and here you are. You could've stopped six lines ago, but nah, you had to add the jab at the end. Let me tell you what else is a crazy concept: accepting criticism. To accept criticism is a part of life. To give an example I'm an author writing a book, and some people, have told me that some parts of my book are outright garbage, but I accept the criticism because I am human and am prone to making mistakes. It's not the same here, but if you can't accept criticism and being wrong at times, then maybe you shouldn't be here. None of us here have time for petty insults and jabs, we have things to do here.

Good day.

Sheesh....

Last edited:
You know i was about to take you seriously but this line :
but now you resort to outright insults.
This line right there ruined every credibility you had.

That's the lowest form of trolling you are doing right now. Trying to shame me.
Trying to make me look bad like i'm insulting you and you are acting like the victim.
Where there is not even a single insulting content in my post not directed at you or anyone else.
We were simply having a discussion but now you pull this petty move on me.
So i see no futher reason to even talk to you anymore.

Good day.
And for future reference learn that there are people that might enjoy things that you don't like or may consider boring and accept that and not base your "criticism" of someone's suggestion solely on your personal preferences.

I'm all for accepting cirticism as long as its not just biased nonsense like:
"I don't like certain feature so that means nobody should like it and shouldn't be implemented"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom