Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as much of a bugfix, but a glaring inconvenience that would probably take all of five seconds to fix. Sentries should last much longer before vanishing. I’d say 10-15 minutes. Currently, outside of Old One’s Army for some reason, I noticed that sentries disappear after a very short period, meaning they vanish mid boss and are practically garbage at the two things they should shine at: invasions and farming.
I wouldn't mind seeing that. Longer summoning times for sentries already should have been apart of the OOA armors and accessories.

Hello,
_I wanted to talk about the changes related to Lucky Horseshoe and the Fledgling Wings. To start, I believe horseshoe should be kept in the skyware chest's loot pool, not solely because I think it works there, by that imminent gratification of being able to just jump off the floating island where you got it, but also because I believe that it can be given a interesting interatiction with the wings.

_Before talking about that, let me explain the Fledgling Wings portion of this, many people (me included), thought the idea of pre-hardmode wings available to all modes (not just journey) was kinda of weird, but after giving it some thought, I think it can work, with a nerf being made to wings. This nerf would be removing the ability of the Fledgling Wings to negate fall damage, making them work more like the Rocket Boots and its upgrades, instead of the "true" wings of hardmode.

_Now to discuss the interaction between the two items, some say that with the availability of Fledgling Wings, the Lucky Horseshoe will be tossed aside completely (which is why I believe you decided to move it to a different loot pool). But with that nerf I mentioned previously, this would not happen, instead, for you to use the Fledgling Wings in closer way to the other wings, you would have to use the horseshoe or its upgrades in conjunction with the wings.

_In conclusion we are left with 2 scenarios, the Lucky Horseshoe is moved to the cavern golden chests, make it way more accessible, to later have it combined with balloon and the wings, or keep it in the skyware chests, and have all 3 accessories be complementary to each other (balloon and wings: highter vertical mobility, horseshoe: negating fall damage). Expanding a bit more on the 2nd scenario, I believe the sky loot pool doesn't not have an absurd amount of exclusive items, so adding 1 (making a total of 5) more shouldn't affect it too much. And thats is all, hope this feedback was useful.

Ps: when I say "combining" the horseshoe and the wings, I mean using them in conjunction, instead of tinkering them together.

Hello,
I wanted to talk about the changes related to Lucky Horseshoe and the Fledgling Wings. To start, I believe horseshoe should be kept in the skyware chest's loot pool, not solely because I think it works there, by that imminent gratification of being able to just jump off the floating island where you got it, but also because I believe that it can be given a interesting interatiction with the wings.

Before talking about that, let me explain the Fledgling Wings portion of this, many people (me included), thought the idea of pre-hardmode wings available to all modes (not just journey) was kinda of weird, but after giving it some thought, I think it can work, with a nerf being made to wings. This nerf would be removing the ability of the Fledgling Wings to negate fall damage, making them work more like the Rocket Boots and its upgrades, instead of the "true" wings of hardmode.

Now to discuss the interaction between the two items, some say that with the availability of Fledgling Wings, the Lucky Horseshoe will be tossed aside completely (which is why I believe you decided to move it to a different loot pool). But with that nerf I mentioned previously, this would not happen, instead, for you to use the Fledgling Wings in closer way to the other wings, you would have to use the horseshoe or its upgrades in conjunction with the wings.

In conclusion we are left with 2 scenarios, the Lucky Horseshoe is moved to the cavern golden chests, make it way more accessible, to later have it combined with balloon and the wings, or keep it in the skyware chests, and have all 3 accessories be complementary to each other (balloon and wings: highter vertical mobility, horseshoe: negating fall damage). Expanding a bit more on the 2nd scenario, I believe the sky loot pool doesn't not have an absurd amount of exclusive items, so adding 1 (making a total of 5) more shouldn't affect it too much. And thats is all, hope this feedback was useful.

Ps: when I say "combining" the horseshoe and the wings, I mean using them in conjunction, instead of tinkering them together.
The reason Horseshoe was moved earlier was it was pretty bad.
Almost useless, really, a nice QoL if you get it early, but not the greatest item.
Fledgeling Wings have TERRIBLE fight time, half as long as Rocket Boots.
As @Leinfors mentioned, the main attraction of them is the gliding, they are actually pretty overrated. Granted, they will be the best Sky Chest item, but really the current Sky Chest items aren't the greatest.

The reason Horseshoe was moved earlier was it was pretty bad.
Almost useless, really, a nice QoL if you get it early, but not the greatest item.
Fledgeling Wings have TERRIBLE fight time, half as long as Rocket Boots.
As @Leinfors mentioned, the main attraction of them is the gliding, they are actually pretty overrated. Granted, they will be the best Sky Chest item, but really the current Sky Chest items aren't the greatest.
Ok then, was worth a try at least.

Last edited:
Hello,
_I wanted to talk about the changes related to Lucky Horseshoe and the Fledgling Wings. To start, I believe horseshoe should be kept in the skyware chest's loot pool, not solely because I think it works there, by that imminent gratification of being able to just jump off the floating island where you got it, but also because I believe that it can be given a interesting interatiction with the wings.

_Before talking about that, let me explain the Fledgling Wings portion of this, many people (me included), thought the idea of pre-hardmode wings available to all modes (not just journey) was kinda of weird, but after giving it some thought, I think it can work, with a nerf being made to wings. This nerf would be removing the ability of the Fledgling Wings to negate fall damage, making them work more like the Rocket Boots and its upgrades, instead of the "true" wings of hardmode.

_Now to discuss the interaction between the two items, some say that with the availability of Fledgling Wings, the Lucky Horseshoe will be tossed aside completely (which is why I believe you decided to move it to a different loot pool). But with that nerf I mentioned previously, this would not happen, instead, for you to use the Fledgling Wings in closer way to the other wings, you would have to use the horseshoe or its upgrades in conjunction with the wings.

_In conclusion we are left with 2 scenarios, the Lucky Horseshoe is moved to the cavern golden chests, make it way more accessible, to later have it combined with balloon and the wings, or keep it in the skyware chests, and have all 3 accessories be complementary to each other (balloon and wings: highter vertical mobility, horseshoe: negating fall damage). Expanding a bit more on the 2nd scenario, I believe the sky loot pool doesn't not have an absurd amount of exclusive items, so adding 1 (making a total of 5) more shouldn't affect it too much. And thats is all, hope this feedback was useful.

You realize you can just tap the spacebar with the wings right before landing? Even if you run out of flight the glide still works.

You realize you can just tap the spacebar with the wings right before landing? Even if you run out of flight the glide still works.
Yeah, I know, that was exactly the ability I said could get removed, so you wouldn't be able to glide or negate fall damage. But I guess I wasn't clear on the point.

I have a legit Question thats been rattling around in my mind.

Whats going to happen to the frost legion??? There is little to no use for it, not very helpful loot drops, and they grief your world. The only use for this event is for christmas, which is all in all a great event but has been replaced almost entirely by the Frost Moon! A completely different event! The only use the frost legion withhold anymore is for santa claus, a seasonal npc that you can obtain by beating the frost legion, who sells you general decorations for christmas. The only use an entire event has isnt even the event itself, its a reward that you can obtain afterwards, that you can only keep for a fraction of the year. I understand christmas doesnt last forever but neither does halloween. Those events are cool, but my problem is, why would you keep something when youve replaced its original purpose?! The frost legion was originally created to help players get snow, a block that was hard to ger because snow biomes didnt spawn all the time like was introduced in 1.2. The Frost legion was also supposed to get a new enemy but was never implemented! I dont see why wed leave a useless griefing event in the game, we could easily move the santa claus to be obtained after the frost moon.

So, if my message gets seen, I hope that before the final batch of content rolls out, that the devs will at least consider either removing or changing/overhauling the frost legion. No one uses it and its too out of the way to even be noticed.

I know this final 1.4.1 update is mostly balance and quality of life, but the frost legion is the BIGGEST thing that bugs me about the game, no one uses the frost legion, many dont know about it, so Terraria Devs, whats going to happen to it?

AWESOME! I loovee what they did to the accessories. It seems like a great rebalance. Except the stars, those seem even to me very very overpowered but its alright.

I know it's probably late to make any new suggestions, but I'd like to ask if any decision was taking regarding the leather whip. Currently, it's acquired way too late at the start of the game for it to have any usage. At almost every situation the only reason you'll ever use it (if you use it) is to get to the jungle and farm for the Snapthorn.

So... was there any change proposed to make the leather whip available earlier, or the snapthorn later?

I know it's probably late to make any new suggestions, but I'd like to ask if any decision was taking regarding the leather whip. Currently, it's acquired way too late at the start of the game for it to have any usage. At almost every situation the only reason you'll ever use it (if you use it) is to get to the jungle and farm for the Snapthorn.

So... was there any change proposed to make the leather whip available earlier, or the snapthorn later?
I have to agree due to the fact that it is quite tedious to get a whip just to replace it shortly after, me personally I think the the % of the beastiery required to be unlocked should be removed from the leather whip so you can obtain it by just getting the Zoologist in your town as summoners generally have to do the most grinding out of any class but you need 10% of the bestiary needed to be filled to be able to spawn her

Last edited:
I have to agree due to the fact that it is quite tedious to get a whip just to replace it shortly after, me personally I think the the % of the beastiery required to be unlocked should be removed from the leather whip so you can obtain it by just getting the Zoologist in your town as summoners generally have to do the most grinding out of any class
The 10% bestiary requirment is needed for the zoologist to even spawn.

AWESOME! I loovee what they did to the accessories. It seems like a great rebalance. Except the stars, those seem even to me very very overpowered but its alright.
Stars barely do as much damage as they should in higher difficulties, in my opinion, most indepented damage accessories are really bad unless you're playing passive (fishing & mining). The Star Cloak buff probably make it more in line with other mimic drops, which are designed to very strong and can be upgraded as tinkers. Cloak was only used because of tinkers such as Star Veil (which I can agree might be a lot stronger now)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom