Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Leinfors is implying we aren’t going to see it moved to the Hallowed Mimic drop pool, sadly. I still think it fits much better for the hallowed mimic than it does the enchanted sword but I won’t argue the issue.

I will still place my hopes on an increased drop rate, because it’s been a frequent complaint that it’s too rare and I’m certain the devs have heard it before, but I won’t get my hopes up too high.

There are only 6 types of sentries in the game.
I am not counting the upgrades because the 1st and 3rd level ballista is still a ballista.
You should count them because even though they're similar, they are viable and used at different stages of the game. It doesn't matter if they look similar. It's like saying true nights edge and nights edge are the same weapons.

You should count them because even though they're similar, they are viable and used at different stages of the game. It doesn't matter if they look similar. It's like saying true nights edge and nights edge are the same weapons.

More like, they are all earned from the same source, require constant defender medals, have the same attack method, and take the same buffs from individual armor. These are the same sentinels with increased stats for each level. They don't offer a new style of gameplay or new combinations, and collecting medals is expensive and demanding.

They
More like, they are all earned from the same source, require constant defender medals, have the same attack method, and take the same buffs from individual armor. These are the same sentinels with increased stats for each level. They don't offer a new style of gameplay or new combinations, and collecting medals is expensive and demanding.
Maybe they don't offer the points you mentioned above, but they are wll viable at different points of the game. Lvl 1 is good for general pre-hardmode, lvl 2 can be used in post-mech jungle and pirate invasions, and maybe post-plant dungeon, and lvl 3 I find myself picking up when I see that a martian invasion starts. Even though they are different levels of the same weapon, in the game files, in the game, they are 3 separated, independent items.

There are only 6 types of sentries in the game.
I am not counting the upgrades because the 1st and 3rd level ballista is still a ballista.
And all of the pre hardmode sentries are Tavernkeep only too. There's not even a single pre hardmode sentry armor.
Speaking of which I really feel like things like the snowball launcher and the canon should have been made to function like sentries instead of just furniture items that you have to babysit and not being able to do any other kind of direct damage.

Has there been any thought to raising the drop rates from blood moon fishing enemies? It is 1/6 to get any enemy, 1/5 to get the one you want/ and 1/8 at most for the drops. Times that together, and it would take around 240 fishes to get a single drop! That might be a decent drop rate for a normal fishing drop, if it was good, but bear in mind that this has to be done during a blood moon, which is rare and not able to be forced. To get bloody tears you would have to spend all the time farming the normal mobs, and of course you can't do that when you're busy fishing. Also this is assuming that you actually have a 100% kill rate on the minibosses. What I'm saying is that those weapons receive basically zero use because they're nearly impossible to get because of the incredible degree of rng. I honestly don't think it would be unreasonable to give the weapons a 100% drop rate, because of how hard it is to spawn them in the first place, and so you actually get a reward for killing them.

And all of the pre hardmode sentries are Tavernkeep only too. There's not even a single pre hardmode sentry armor.
Speaking of which I really feel like things like the snowball launcher and the canon should have been made to function like sentries instead of just furniture items that you have to babysit and not being able to do any other kind of direct damage.
The main thing that bothers me about snowball launcher and the cannon is you can't make them into traps. If you try they shoot purely cosmetic projectiles. If they want to balance it so you have to have ammo inside the cannon/snowball launcher i'd be fine with that

The main thing that bothers me about snowball launcher and the cannon is you can't make them into traps. If you try they shoot purely cosmetic projectiles. If they want to balance it so you have to have ammo inside the cannon/snowball launcher i'd be fine with that
Cannons are balanced around the player having to manually operate them. Even having just 1 cannon fire automaticly while the player simultaniously fire a portable weapon is already going to be overpowered, and there's the obvious extension of this where the player places a bunch of wire powered cannons and completely destroys every event.

Is there a reason why the Arkhalis replacement, Terragrim, is so rare? I understand that sword shrines have a 100% chance of containing a real sword prop, but 2% is really rare for an item that spawns with world generation. Could this perhaps be buffed to 1/25 or something like that, somewhere around the arkhalis' drop rate before 1.4 (which was around 1/30 due to the 1/10 drop rate from the real sword prop, with a 1/3 chance of the prop actually being real, hence the 1/30 chance). This is just something that puzzles me, more people should be able to get access to this weapon, it's really quite powerful and unique, and melee users would definitely benefit from being able to obtain it more easily.

Is there a reason why the Arkhalis replacement, Terragrim, is so rare? I understand that sword shrines have a 100% chance of containing a real sword prop, but 2% is really rare for an item that spawns with world generation. Could this perhaps be buffed to 1/25 or something like that, somewhere around the arkhalis' drop rate before 1.4 (which was around 1/30 due to the 1/10 drop rate from the real sword prop, with a 1/3 chance of the prop actually being real, hence the 1/30 chance). This is just something that puzzles me, more people should be able to get access to this weapon, it's really quite powerful and unique, and melee users would definitely benefit from being able to obtain it more easily.
Its rare because of how powerful it is, you pretty much don't need to get another sword for the rest of pre-hardmode if you manage to find one.

Relics or trophies should act as banners for bosses.
I disagree and don't think they should act like that due them making it too easy.
While yes if you beat a boss once that proves you can beat the boss again but banners are too strong to be used on bosses especially in Expert Mode where you deal 2x damage to the bosses and gain 50% dmg reduction from enemy contact damage. It would just be too strong.

I disagree and don't think they should act like that due them making it too easy.
While yes if you beat a boss once that proves you can beat the boss again but banners are too strong to be used on bosses especially in Expert Mode where you deal 2x damage to the bosses and gain 50% dmg reduction from enemy contact damage. It would just be too strong.

I had to defeat 37 Queen Bees to get 1 trophy. Relics, on the other hand, are only available in Master Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom