Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Angler quest rewards no longer drop off after 150 quests" - Terraria Wiki; Fishing; History; Deskop 1.4.0.1

Can someone explain to me what it is all about?

Add map icons for enemies that are tough to defeat but aren't bosses such as mothron, ice golem, sand elemental, basically any enemy listed in this list (Dungeon Guardian already has)

021ee989bf18d25fcde3ff0c635e0f5a.png

Gyazo

Last edited:
"Angler quest rewards no longer drop off after 150 quests" - Terraria Wiki; Fishing; History; Deskop 1.4.0.1

Can someone explain to me what it is all about?

The chances of various Angler rewards increase with more quests. There was a bug where after 150 quests, the chances went back to first-quest levels and stayed there. They fixed the bug in 1.4.

Hey @Leinfors , could you please tell which minions use static resistance and which ones use local resistance?
Also, I agree that the Slime Staff is very powerful if you get it early on, but I don't find the static resistance in it an appropriate option. In order to have more than one minion before killing Queen Bee, you either need to fish in the underground jungle, which is not easy at all, or you have to search the dungeon and thus defeat the Skeletron. If it succeeds, he naturally counts on a reward of two minions attacking together. Meanwhile, after this effort, we have two Baby Slimes that take turns to impose a resistance frame on the enemy and this does not affect DPS as it should, leading to a disappointment due to the difficulty required to see the second min early. Therefore, I believe every Summon should use local immunity, but that is just my opinion.
无敌帧1.png

无敌帧2-1.png
无敌帧2-2.png
无敌帧2-3.png
无敌帧3.png

May be helpful, though some contents are in Chinese...
蜘蛛*3 in the fifth picture means the three kinds of spider minions.

Probably a bit late to modify armor sets, but the obsidian and fossil sets both deserve some buffs in my opinion, considering the difficulty in obtaining them.
Given the rogue theme of Obsidian, perhaps its defense could actually be reduced to around 10, and it could provide 10% critical strike chance.
Fossil is, as it stands, a worse Pumpkin (to be fair outside of Halloween pumpkin is tiered as post boss). It could stand a defense buff to ten (so as not to interfere too much with Necro) and a 10% chance to not consume ammo.
Tbh some of these buffs feel a little overpowered, considering these armors can be obtained pre-boss. But they're so time consuming to get...
EDIT: I just realized fossil has a 20% chance of not consuming ammo. It's actually looking pretty good rn.

Last edited:
Probably a bit late to modify armor sets, but the obsidian and fossil sets both deserve some buffs in my opinion, considering the difficulty in obtaining them.
Given the rogue theme of Obsidian, perhaps its defense could actually be reduced to around 10, and it could provide 10% critical strike chance.
Fossil is, as it stands, a worse Pumpkin (to be fair outside of Halloween pumpkin is tiered as post boss). It could stand a defense buff to ten (so as not to interfere too much with Necro) and a 10% chance to not consume ammo.
Tbh some of these buffs feel a little overpowered, considering these armors can be obtained pre-boss. But they're so time consuming to get...
EDIT: I just realized fossil has a 20% chance of not consuming ammo. It's actually looking pretty good rn.
The problem with ammo consumption reduction is that is doesn't affect combat. Fossil has a minute offense boost, so it certainly does need a massive buff.

Yeah Obsidian needed something. It's sort of orphaned. And while Fossil is pretty good given the stage it's accessible at but it's set bonus doesn't feel very deserty.
In truth I preferred Desert armor back where it was before 1.4 if not so much for the bonus then where it fell in the progression tier.

The problem with ammo consumption reduction is that is doesn't affect combat.

In hindsight, this the fact that Ranged set's special perk is ammo reduction is probably a massive convenience and lucky, given how much power bloat the class's gear got throughout the years. I can't imagine how much stronger the class would have been if it had some sort of additional combat-impacting perk instead.

In the interest of everything being obtainable in one world: Being able to craft the Scourge into the Vampire Knives with a Crimson Key, and the Vampire Knives into the Scourge with a Corruption Key, perhaps at ecto mist + hardmode anvil, might be a solution. There would be only one weapon in a world at a time, but you would theoretically be able to switch between them with enough farming. The fact that everybody would probably stick to Vampire Knives is another issue...

In the interest of everything being obtainable in one world: Being able to craft the Scourge into the Vampire Knives with a Crimson Key, and the Vampire Knives into the Scourge with a Corruption Key, perhaps at ecto mist + hardmode anvil, might be a solution. There would be only one weapon in a world at a time, but you would theoretically be able to switch between them with enough farming. The fact that everybody would probably stick to Vampire Knives is another issue...
THIS IS A GODLIKE IDEA
EDIT: Or.. just make both chests appear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom