PC Journey's End (Doors)

Hmm, I'd like that as well.

Right now I use Logic Sensors, hooked up to 3 actuated tiles that act as automatic doors.
I usually use lava fall blocks, so to give a feeling that it's kind of a force field being turned off and on as the player passes through.
Added benefit: No enemy can break these 'doors' down.
Any door that isn't meant to keep out enemies (e.g. indoor doors) just remain open.

I enjoy that the game gives me the tools to automate stuff like that for myself if I want to, and I like upgrading my base with more convenient technology as it becomes available, but this is a minor change I wouldn't be opposed to. Only issue I'd have with it is that leaves no option to NOT open doors, if I want to, say, hit an enemy through a door with a piercing weapon.

Hmm, I'd like that as well.

Right now I use Logic Sensors, hooked up to 3 actuated tiles that act as automatic doors.
I usually use lava fall blocks, so to give a feeling that it's kind of a force field being turned off and on as the player passes through.
Added benefit: No enemy can break these 'doors' down.
Any door that isn't meant to keep out enemies (e.g. indoor doors) just remain open.

Just asking. What's the advantage of player-above logic sensors over gray pressure plates?

Just asking. What's the advantage of player-above logic sensors over gray pressure plates?
When placing a pressure plate on both sides of a wall-door, it could happen that a player misses one of the pressure plates (by jumping or whatever), inverting the wall-door. You then have to step back and step on the pressure plate again to fix it.
How trivial this may seem, if you walk through a wall-door 100 times a day, it can get annoying. A logic sensor always works, without any headaches.

The use of pressure plates is still a nice thing to have in easy mode though. But when you can upgrade to logic sensors in hard mode, why not do it?

Back
Top Bottom