Texture Pack Journey's end Graphics overhaul: part 2

niker

Terrarian
so a few days before 1.4 i was reading that one spoiler post when i saw the new resprites and said "i wiish they do that for the other bosses"
and as expected they didn't, sooo i tried making them myself.

this pack consists on mostly just bosses resprites to "fit the 1.4 style", i tried to keep them as vanilly as possible (including conserving the old color palette)

here's a few spoilers of pretty much everything
SPOILER1.gif

SPOILER2.gif

update 2
-removed placeholder stuff
-added proper ingame icon, name and description
-added WoF resprite
sidenote: honestly forgot this post existed

update 1
-made skeletron way less shiny and more boney
-made skeletron prime slightly less shiny
-made some details on skeletron prime stand out more
-added some missing bestiary images
-updated the spoilers

Attachments

• TexturePack.zip
    401.9 KB · Views: 1,462
Last edited:
this is pretty cool and really well made

on a sidenote, your skeletron sprite seems a little too smooth and shiny, I want to suggest you improve a little of the shading on it, as it's a skull

this is pretty cool and really well made

on a sidenote, your skeletron sprite seems a little too smooth and shiny, I want to suggest you improve a little of the shading on it, as it's a skull
got it, i'll see what i can do
(btw you mean both skeletrons or just prime)

(btw you mean both skeletrons or just prime)
I think @Nioffe was referring to normal Skeletron. I'm impressed by this pack as well, but I believe I agree. Though Prime is a bit too shiny as well. Only other criticism I have is to maybe try to reduce the roundness of normal Skeletron's cheek bones? They need to be somewhat more gaunt.

Thanks for the re-sprites! They don't clash with the game at all.

This pack is super awesome! I never really realized how much the older bosses stood out among the resprites now. Amazing pack! Are you ever planning on updating any other sprites in the future or would you say this pack is finished?

This pack is super awesome! I never really realized how much the older bosses stood out among the resprites now. Amazing pack! Are you ever planning on updating any other sprites in the future or would you say this pack is finished?
thx, i'll probably keep respriting more stuff, i kinda just stopped at the mech bosses because the rest were really high res and had a lot of frames, like boc and plantera

You may be already doing this for the next release if youre planning one, but Id like to recommend some ingame description. SCT? and no description or info. Itd also be nice if the download was renamed something other than 'texturepack'. Not a big deal...obviously i can just rename the file when i download. Just pointing that out.

I like your textures tho. great job!

Last edited:
So, this doesn't only happen for this texture pack but for a few others. When I put the ZIP folder in my textures folder it doesn't appear in my terraria texture packs list. Anyone else have this issue?

So, this doesn't only happen for this texture pack but for a few others. When I put the ZIP folder in my textures folder it doesn't appear in my terraria texture packs list. Anyone else have this issue?
you have to extract the zip, it should look something like this: Terraria > ResourcePacks > Texture pack > Content, icon, pack.json

nikerpack
no.

Would love to see some updated Wall of Flesh sprites besides just outlines. Personally, the original ones have always stood out amongst everything else... it just looks so blocky, weird, and very, VERY 1.0.1-esque. If we could get a Wall of Flesh that fits into the rest of the 1.4 style, this would be absolutely perfect.

Back
Top Bottom