Portfolio/Multi-Topic Journey's End Suggestions

neoselket

Ice Queen
I have a lot of suggestions for things that need to be changed in 1.4, especially seeing as it's the last update. With that in mind, this will probably be my last suggestion.

I decided to put all of my 1.4 ideas in one thread to make it easier. I'll probably update this as i think of more things.

When placing walls, if there's a block that you haven't placed a wall on, but it 's surrounded on all sides by walls, it will automatically turn into a wall block but will not consume walls from your inventory or drop them on being destroyed. This results in players having extra walls in their inventory after they fill an area with walls. Seeing as smart cursor exists, there's really no reason to have this feature, as it's just plain annoying.

Sometimes when going downhill, hitting space to jump will either use a double jump right off the bat(if you have one), and if you don't, you will simply not jump. The reason for this, best i can figure out, is because technically the player's in the air when they hit the spacebar, even though they're only about 2 inches away from the ground. This makes going downhill annoying, and the way i would suggest remedying it is by adding "coyote time". Basically, when a player walks off a ledge, they have a split second where they're still able to jump, just enough to stay until they land on the block below. That way, you could go downhill without worrying about accidentally wasting a jump.

The Lunatic Cultist would teleport to the player's left, right, or above the player rather than just above, to prevent it from just going higher and higher and ending up in space as it kinda does now.

Hallowed armor would require one of each boss soul to craft, and shadow dodge would be transferred from titanium to hallowed to make it worth crafting. Titanium armor set bonus would be changed to a 10% chance to dodge attacks.

Angel/demon wings would be able to be tinkered with lightning/frostspark boots to make lightning/frostspark wings, which would work the same as both items combined, but only require one slot.

Throwing should be merged with melee rather than ranged, as it fits better. Evidence: all boomerangs, vampire knives, thorn chakram, daybreak, possessed hatchet, etc.

Blazing wheels and spiky balls would spawn more often in the dungeon, right now they're really rare.

Ancient versions of the muramasa, water bolt, and aqua scepter would drop rarely from dungeon enemies.

All DOT debuffs would be buffed, and less enemies would be immune to them.

Pyramid chests would always contain pharaoh clothes and either a sandstorm in a bottle or flying carpet.

You would be able to break walls even if they're surrounded by other walls, so you wouldn't have to make a huge gash in the walls to change one block in the middle.

Medusa would spawn in pre-hardmode, but petrified players would take normal fall damage rather than increased, and fall damage prevention accessories would protect petrified players.

The hand warmers would drop from zombie eskimos, and be able to be tinkered with the pocket mirror. The resulting item would be added to the Ankh Shield.

Master Mode

For master mode, i would first suggest not increasing enemy damage from expert mode. Instead, all enemies and bosses would have the same damage they have in expert mode, but more health. Alternatively, making enemies have 2.5 times the damage of normal mode, but making defense twice as effective(2 defense blocking 2 damage as opposed to 1 in normal mode and 1.5 in expert) so effectively enemies' damage level would be the same as expert, but it would be easier to see how much your defense is protecting you. I'm pretty sure i fudged the math there, but hopefully you get my point.

Instead of extra damage, enemies would have new attacks and behavior.

Zombies would break down doors instead of just opening them during blood moons.

The Eye of Cthulhu would occasionally fly in circles around the player, constantly shooting minions at high speed, and after 5-10 seconds would charge.

The Eater of Worlds would be able to survive at one segment, and would regrow one segment for every two(numbers subject to change for balance) that were destroyed. Additionally, it would only drop demonite upon having its segments destroyed, and shadow scales would only drop from the treasure bag.

Skeletron would shoot skulls before his hands were destroyed, albeit at a slower rate.

King Slime would split into two slimes of equal size at half health, and four at 1/4th health. He would also leap at you like biome mimics, and occasionally, he would pause, curl up into a ball, and roll at you like a boulder. Also he would periodically shoot blue slimes at you.

Queen Bee would alternate between a stinger shotgun attack and a rapid fire. Also, at low health, it would occasionally drop beenades.

Brain of Cthulhu would be immune to knockback and the creepers would target the player more often. In it's second form, instead of having faded mirror clone thingies that are easily distinguished from the actual boss, it would spawn three duplicates that would be visually identical to the real brain and each move on its own, rather than moving when the player does.

The Wall of Flesh would spawn hungries faster, and each part(the top eye, mouth, and lower eye) would each have their own health bar and need to be destroyed individually.

The Destroyer would attempt to circle the player to prevent them from avoiding it's attacks. Also, at half health, it would split into two.

Skeletron prime would fire homing missiles after losing a limb, and for each limb lost the missiles would fire faster. Additionally, all limbs would need to be destroyed to be able to damage the head.

The twins would change to their second phase after half health as opposed to 1/3rd health. They would also dash at the player like the Eye of Cthulhu does.

Plantera would have a chance to inflict the venom debuff as well as poison.

Golem would be able to move through blocks. After destroying the head, it would occasionally stop in place and spin around, rapidly shooting lasers in all directions.

Duke Fishron doesn't really need any improvement in my opinion.

The Lunatic Cultist's clones would look exactly the same as the true cultist.

Moon Lord doesn't really need any improvement in my opinion.

That's it for now, although i'll probably think of more things later. Feel free to give feedback and suggest changes.
...Dang, i'm getting all the feels right now. This is my 2,000th post, and i've been making suggestions since i joined TCF in 2014. Thinking about this being Terraria's last update is... well, a little overwhelming.
Happy Journey's End, y'all.

Last edited:
When placing walls, if there's a block that you haven't placed a wall on, but it 's surrounded on all sides by walls, it will automatically turn into a wall block but will not consume walls from your inventory or drop them on being destroyed. This results in players having extra walls in their inventory after they fill an area with walls. Seeing as smart cursor exists, there's really no reason to have this feature, as it's just plain annoying
I don’t know what you’re talking about. Whenever I try to replicate this it just makes a tiny crack in the wall that I can still fill in.
Sometimes when going downhill, hitting space to jump will either use a double jump right off the bat(if you have one), and if you don't, you will simply not jump. The reason for this, best i can figure out, is because technically the player's in the air when they hit the spacebar, even though they're only about 2 inches away from the ground. This makes going downhill annoying, and the way i would suggest remedying it is by adding "coyote time". Basically, when a player walks off a ledge, they have a split second where they're still able to jump, just enough to stay until they land on the block below. That way, you could go downhill without worrying about accidentally wasting a jump
YES. This is a change that’s LONG overdue.
The Lunatic Cultist would teleport to the player's left, right, or above the player rather than just above, to prevent it from just going higher and higher and ending up in space as it kinda does now
Sure, why not?
Hallowed armor would require one of each boss soul to craft, and shadow dodge would be transferred from titanium to hallowed to make it worth crafting. Titanium armor set bonus would be changed to a 10% chance to dodge attacks
Hallowed armor already has a gimmick: very high raw stats with no special abilities attached. Don’t make other content less unique. Also, why bother gating it behind all three when you can’t even get the full set after killing one?
Angel/demon wings would be able to be tinkered with lightning/frostspark boots to make lightning/frostspark wings, which would work the same as both items combined, but only require one slot
I don’t like this. Your removing the synergy that the boots have with most wings, because they increase flight time. Doing this wouldn’t change anything as far as balance except create another noob trap to sit next to the lava waders, ankh shield, fire gauntlet, and cell phone.
Throwing should be merged with melee rather than ranged, as it fits better. Evidence: all boomerangs, vampire knives, thorn chakram, daybreak, possessed hatchet, etc
Throwing shouldn’t be merged with melee because it’s worse for the game’s balance. Evidence: ranger has 1 prehm armor set currently and would get it raised to 3 sets in the update, while melee already has 3 sets and would get it raised to 5. Also, the throwable explosives (grenades, bombs, etc.) don’t suit melee at all.
Blazing wheels and spiky balls would spawn more often in the dungeon, right now they're really rare
Yes to blazing wheels, but spiky balls are incredibly annoying and really shouldn’t have this happen.
Ancient versions of the muramasa, water bolt, and aqua scepter would drop rarely from dungeon enemies
Sure, why not?
All DOT debuffs would be buffed, and less enemies would be immune to them
How do you plan on buffing them without making them shred players? Debuffs go both ways, you know.
You would be able to break walls even if they're surrounded by other walls, so you wouldn't have to make a huge gash in the walls to change one block in the middle
This is only a problem with natural walls, player placed walls already have this feature.
Pyramid chests would always contain pharaoh clothes and either a sandstorm in a bottle or flying carpet
Now that’s a nice way to make everyone happy! ;)
Medusa would spawn in pre-hardmode, but petrified players would take normal fall damage rather than increased, and fall damage prevention accessories would protect petrified players
Her attacks are still hitscan and do ridiculous damage to unarmored players. There’s a reason she was moved to hardmode.
The hand warmers would drop from zombie eskimos, and be able to be tinkered with the pocket mirror. The resulting item would be added to the Ankh Shield
The ankh shield needs a SIGNIFICANT buff before you give it anything else in its recipe. It’s incredibly underpowered and way too hard to get as is.

The master mode changes are fine.

bigger deserts, and jungle and glowing mushroom are more resistant to crimson/corruption/hallow, and maybe crimson and corruption are force-cleared from the jungle on world generation.

Throwing should be merged with melee rather than ranged, as it fits better. Evidence: all boomerangs, vampire knives, thorn chakram, daybreak, possessed hatchet, etc.
Throwing shouldn’t be merged with melee because it’s worse for the game’s balance. Evidence: ranger has 1 prehm armor set currently and would get it raised to 3 sets in the update, while melee already has 3 sets and would get it raised to 5. Also, the throwable explosives (grenades, bombs, etc.) don’t suit melee at all.
I think Throwing should be split between Melee and Ranged, giving items to the class that would make sense for them. Just have the armor go to Ranged and everything's golden.

I think Throwing should be split between Melee and Ranged, giving items to the class that would make sense for them. Just have the armor go to Ranged and everything's golden.
I think all the throwing class should be put in ranges, because of how it is technically range, except you throw, also I have a problem with one of the solar Pilar weapons, it’s the one where you throw it, and it sticks to enemies, I sort of get why it’s mele, although I think it should be put in ranged weapons.

I think all the throwing class should be put in ranges, because of how it is technically range, except you throw, also I have a problem with one of the solar Pilar weapons, it’s the one where you throw it, and it sticks to enemies, I sort of get why it’s mele, although I think it should be put in ranged weapons.
Then you'd also have to move Boomerangs and Yoyos to Ranged since those are thrown, and then Melee would have a lot less options. My compromise would allow Melee characters to get some decently powerful, LIMITED ranged capability.

Then you'd also have to move Boomerangs and Yoyos to Ranged since those are thrown, and then Melee would have a lot less options. See why I want the compromise?
Ok let me tell you this, the yo-yo is a mele weapon, what I was saying is that I’m just confused why that mele weapon is a mele when you throw it, also I don’t think the yo-yos should probably stay as mele, and the boomerang is a throwing weapon I’m sure, and should move to range just cause it is a ranged weapon too.

Ok let me tell you this, the yo-yo is a mele weapon, what I was saying is that I’m just confused why that mele weapon is a mele when you throw it, also I don’t think the yo-yos should probably stay as mele, and the boomerang is a throwing weapon I’m sure, and should move to range just cause it is a ranged weapon too.
My guess is it's because you hit enemies with the weapon itself, not with any ammunition.

Ranged’s gimmick is that you have an ammo pool with a limited amount that you need to replenish occasionally. Throwing weapons do just that, but “ranged melee” doesn’t because it’s just one weapon that you use infinite times.

King Slime would split into two slimes of equal size at half health, and four at 1/4th health. He would also leap at you like biome mimics, and occasionally, he would pause, curl up into a ball, and roll at you like a boulder. Also he would periodically shoot blue slimes at you.

this is metal, it's a bit of a reference to minecraft and that makes my inner 10 year old scream with happy noises. splitting such a large, slow boss into copies of itself also only really makes sense if it has a way to move around more quickly, which is why I feel mimic leaps complement this new property well.
king slime as a boss fight has always left a lot to be desired imo, I always thought it would be interesting for it to be the only boss whose health and damage output "scales" with your own. that way it would always be a bit of a fun challenge for players in any stage of a game. I digress, this is a really neat solution to a very unsatisfying boss fight.

Queen Bee would alternate between a stinger shotgun attack and a rapid fire. Also, at low health, it would occasionally drop beenades.
beenades seems excessive imo, it doesn't suit queen bee. that being said, "stinger shotgun attack" sounds absolutely terrifying, I approve.

The Destroyer would attempt to circle the player to prevent them from avoiding it's attacks.
y e s. can we make this mother:red:er longer too? honestly a super fun fight.
Also, it would split like the Eater of Worlds.
eh? maybe I'm terribly wrong, but I always saw this mechanic to be eow's primary weakness. maybe if destroyer was faster though; then you wouldn't be able to cart away from it since it would catch up to you.
splitting could work but it should probably be limited to 2-3 separate bodies. if that also increases their speed, this could turn into an very dynamic fight.

Golem would be able to move through blocks. After destroying the head, it would occasionally stop in place and spin around, rapidly shooting lasers in all directions.
this kind of comes down to the golem fight being an extremely lame pushover. I think I read somewhere it was going to get a sexy revamp in 1.4, fingers crossed for that.

nice suggestion my dude, this would be a master mode I would enjoy playing.

Hallowed armor already has a gimmick: very high raw stats with no special abilities attached. Don’t make other content less unique. Also, why bother gating it behind all three when you can’t even get the full set after killing one?
I suggested it because almost no one i've seen uses hallowed armor as it has lower defense than adamantite and titanium is powerful enough to last into the endgame sometimes. I feel like the armor you get after beating the mech bosses should be stronger and more interesting than the armor you get before. Also, crafting it with souls was how it was originally(although it also used to require cobalt, mythril, and adamantite as well), and it requires you to kill all the mech bosses before getting a full set. Currently, you can get a full set after only 1-2 kills of a single mech boss, so you can fight 2 of the mech bosses with hallowed armor, which is technically sort of post-mech.

I don’t like this. Your removing the synergy that the boots have with most wings, because they increase flight time. Doing this wouldn’t change anything as far as balance except create another noob trap to sit next to the lava waders, ankh shield, fire gauntlet, and cell phone.
I did this because most players usually always have wings and boots equipped, and this would free up an accessory slot. Also, angel and demon wings are the weakest wings in the game, so you would be trading flight time for horizontal speed.

Melee may have more armor sets, but it has less boss weapons. Killing the eye of cthulhu/skeletron/etc. is far easier with a bow or gun than a sword, and melee is only viable in hardmode because of sword beams. It also seems to fit melee better, with melee being stuff like swords, knives, and boomerangs(all weapons you directly hit the enemy with) and ranged being stuff like guns and bows, which don't hit the enemy directly but launch a separate projectile at them, and use ammo. Fair point about grenades and bombs though.

Yes to blazing wheels, but spiky balls are incredibly annoying and really shouldn’t have this happen.
It's still a cool mechanic that rarely shows up.

How do you plan on buffing them without making them shred players? Debuffs go both ways, you know.
Either the player would inflict debuffs for longer than enemies do, or debuffs would do more damage but only to enemies.

This is only a problem with natural walls, player placed walls already have this feature.
It's really annoying to try to make a house(or any other wall-based build) in a dirt background cave, granite or marble biome, or the dungeon(as well as a lot of other places), and the feature doesn't even really make any sense.

Her attacks are still hitscan and do ridiculous damage to unarmored players. There’s a reason she was moved to hardmode.
According to the wiki, she only does 30 damage, and if you're facing away from her you can't be petrified.

The ankh shield needs a SIGNIFICANT buff before you give it anything else in its recipe. It’s incredibly underpowered and way too hard to get as is.
Agreed. However, the resistance to chilled(extremely annoying when traversing the snow biome in expert mode) and stoned(goes without saying) would somewhat offset the extra difficulty required in crafting it, and perhaps the drop rates/methods of obtaining the items could be changed.

eh? maybe I'm terribly wrong, but I always saw this mechanic to be eow's primary weakness. maybe if destroyer was faster though; then you wouldn't be able to cart away from it since it would catch up to you.
splitting could work but it should probably be limited to 2-3 separate bodies. if that also increases their speed, this could turn into an very dynamic fight.
If it splits, then piercing weapons(the destroyer's main weakness) become less effective as it's harder to hit multiple segments at once. Also, the destroyer's head does a lot more damage than the body, and this would give him a lot more heads do hit you with. Although that's a fair point, maybe he should just split into two at half health.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback!

Ancient versions of the muramasa, water bolt, and aqua scepter would drop rarely from dungeon enemies.

I see what you are going for here, but you'd also have to add an Ancient version of every single thing that got resprited at this point.

Zombies would break down doors instead of just opening them during blood moons.

They removed enemies griefing your world for a reason, let's not bring it back even if it's this minor.

This change also doesn't fix anything, because if they couldn't force open the door it's because you blocked it with a block, and they are still not going to phase through it with this.

The Destroyer would attempt to circle the player to prevent them from avoiding it's attacks. Also, at half health, it would split into two.

Does splitting a boss this massive whose only real attack is to spam lasers in just two segments really change anything? Why don't you patch up his actual weaknesses (infinite piercing) instead?

Skeletron prime would fire homing missiles after losing a limb, and for each limb lost the missiles would fire faster. Additionally, all limbs would need to be destroyed to be able to damage the head.

I absolutely hate fighting Prime because he is a tanky harmless head with 3 incompetent arms that all take forever to kill relative to the other two mechs.

I will oppose any idea that just makes him even tankier (because you'd actually have to kill all four arms instead of just the Laser) while barely making him more competent.

The twins would change to their second phase after half health as opposed to 1/3rd health. They would also dash at the player like the Eye of Cthulhu does.

I mean, have you seen how hard Spazmatism hits? Are you sure you want to give him the almost-undodgeable EoC frenzy? Does it even fit Retinazer?

I suggested it because almost no one i've seen uses hallowed armor as it has lower defense than adamantite and titanium is powerful enough to last into the endgame sometimes. I feel like the armor you get after beating the mech bosses should be stronger and more interesting than the armor you get before. Also, crafting it with souls was how it was originally(although it also used to require cobalt, mythril, and adamantite as well), and it requires you to kill all the mech bosses before getting a full set. Currently, you can get a full set after only 1-2 kills of a single mech boss, so you can fight 2 of the mech bosses with hallowed armor, which is technically sort of post-mech.

Well, first off it doesn't have lower defense than either of them.

Titanium armor lasts until the endgame because the Set Bonus is busted as heck, and putting it later in the game won't fix things especially if you also plan on slapping Hallowed's great stats into it and thus making it even better.

Sure, the 1.2 ores have more interesting effects, but that doesn't mean Hallowed should also have one given that it's a very good set already (and we already have a 1.2 variant of it in Chlorophyte armor, so really what's the point)

the resistance to chilled(extremely annoying when traversing the snow biome in expert mode) and stoned(goes without saying) would somewhat offset the extra difficulty required in crafting it

No, it would not. Because it already protects from Chilled so it gets nothing from the Hand Warmer, and no one cares about a debuff immunity from one enemy in one mini-biome that, by the time you killed roughly 100 of it for its 1% drop, isn't a threat but an annoyance to you.

Support the rest of these.

Last edited:
I see what you are going for here, but you'd also have to add an Ancient version of every single thing that got resprited at this point.
I actually didn't do that because of the sprite, but the particle effects. The old versions of these items had a really cool water effect when you used them, which was changed in 1.2(i think). And honestly, i don't see a problem with ancient versions of everything, lol.

They removed enemies griefing your world for a reason, let's not bring it back even if it's this minor.
Goblins already do this, and it can be avoided by opening the door or blocking it off. It would also only happen during blood moons, so it's still pretty uncommon. I see where you're coming from, though.

This change also doesn't fix anything, because if they couldn't force open the door it's because you blocked it with a block, and they are still not going to phase through it with this.
I usually put a torch or other item behind the door so i can open it if i'm facing away from it, but monsters can't break in. Goblins, however, can break the doors themselves, which makes it more challenging.

Does splitting a boss this massive whose only real attack is to spam lasers in just two segments really change anything? Why don't you patch up his actual weaknesses (infinite piercing) instead?
The destroyer's head does a lot of damage, splitting him would not only give him another head to hit you with, but reduce the amount of segments that are together, making it harder to use piercing weapons effectively. I also didn't change the piercing weakness because i think it makes the fight a little more unique, and the extra health he has compensates pretty well.

I absolutely hate fighting Prime because he is a tanky harmless head with 3 incompetent arms that all take forever to kill relative to the other two mechs.

I will oppose any idea that just makes him even tankier (because you'd actually have to kill all four arms instead of just the Laser) while barely making him more competent.
Fair enough. Maybe his health could be lowered too, to compensate for the fact that you have to kill all his parts instead of just one. I did this because pre-hardmode skeletron has this effect, and right now expert skeletron prime just has more health and damage, which is kinda boring. This would also only affect master mode, too.

I mean, have you seen how hard Spazmatism hits? Are you sure you want to give him the almost-undodgeable EoC frenzy? Does it even fit Retinazer?
Again, fair enough. It just feels weird for the 'upgraded' hardmode versions of bosses to not have the abilities their weaker predecessors have. The stats might need tweaked, though.

Well, first off it doesn't have lower defense than either of them.

Titanium armor lasts until the endgame because the Set Bonus is busted as heck, and putting it later in the game won't fix things especially if you also plan on slapping Hallowed's great stats into it and thus making it even better.

Sure, the 1.2 ores have more interesting effects, but that doesn't mean Hallowed should also have one given that it's a very good set already (and we already have a 1.2 variant of it in Chlorophyte armor, so really what's the point)
Adamantite armor's defense:
22(melee helmet)
8(ranged helmet)
4(magic helmet)
16(chestplate)
12(leggings)

Titanium:
23(melee helmet)
8(ranged helmet)
4(magic helmet)
15(chestplate)
11(leggings)

Hallowed:
24(melee helmet)
9(ranged helmet)
5(magic helmet)
15(chestplate)
11(leggings)

So the total defense of a full set is 50(adamantite melee), 36(adamantite ranged), 32(adamantite magic),
49(titanium melee), 34(titanium ranged) 30(titanium magic), and
50(hallowed melee), 35(hallowed ranged), and 31(hallowed magic)
So it's basically on par with adamantite and titanium minus the damage bonuses. Basically, the reason i did this was to encourage people to get hallowed armor, as right now pretty much no one uses it, same with chlorophyte actually.

No, it would not. Because it already protects from Chilled so it gets nothing from the Hand Warmer, and no one cares about a debuff immunity from one enemy in one mini-biome that, by the time you killed roughly 100 of it for its 1% drop, isn't a threat but an annoyance to you.

Support the rest of these.
Wait, really? *checks wiki* Huh, so it does. It would make more sense to have it include the hand warmer though, and the stoned immunity would still be useful, and i don't see anyone using the pocket mirror(or any single debuff immunity item) over an item that blocks all of them. I do agree that the ankh shield needs to be easier to get or stronger, though.

Thanks for the feedback!

So the total defense of a full set is 50(adamantite melee), 36(adamantite ranged), 32(adamantite magic),
49(titanium melee), 34(titanium ranged) 30(titanium magic), and
50(hallowed melee), 35(hallowed ranged), and 31(hallowed magic)
So it's basically on par with adamantite and titanium minus the damage bonuses. Basically, the reason i did this was to encourage people to get hallowed armor, as right now pretty much no one uses it, same with chlorophyte actually
Actually, 50% of people still use it because only 50% of worlds have titanium that doesn’t require extreme grinding to get. The hallowed magic helmet is also possibly the best offensive magic hat in the game when making hybrid sets.

Honesty I can't remember that last time I used hallowed armour, I always skip over it. I always thought it needed a buff but then again I never really hybrid armour, though perhaps a tad extra defence won't hurt.
consider that in order to get the amount of bars needed to craft armor and potentially weapons, you've likely already defeated all three mechs and already have access to chlorophyte.

just some quick thinking, one of the situations where someone wants a hallowed set (besides :red:ing around with hybrids) might be if you go into hardmode and choose to take down a mech multiple times with prehardmode equipment to skip some mining. not a sociopath so i've never done this before, don't know if it's a logical option

Fair enough. Maybe his health could be lowered too, to compensate for the fact that you have to kill all his parts instead of just one. I did this because pre-hardmode skeletron has this effect, and right now expert skeletron prime just has more health and damage, which is kinda boring. This would also only affect master mode, too.
maybe after enough damage skeleprime's weapons can be disabled, but he can still bludgeon you with his crippled arms. once all his arms are crippled, his spinning attack turns into a beyblade with rapidly revolving arms.

since the idea of the mechs is how they're supposed to be superior and free from the flaws of their pre-hardmode counterparts, this would be reflected in the fight. skele prime is now engineered to be a threat with or without operational systems. let me know what you think

consider that in order to get the amount of bars needed to craft armor and potentially weapons, you've likely already defeated all three mechs and already have access to chlorophyte.

just some quick thinking, one of the situations where someone wants a hallowed set (besides :red:ing around with hybrids) might be if you go into hardmode and choose to take down a mech multiple times with prehardmode equipment to skip some mining. not a sociopath so i've never done this before, don't know if it's a logical option

maybe after enough damage skeleprime's weapons can be disabled, but he can still bludgeon you with his crippled arms. once all his arms are crippled, his spinning attack turns into a beyblade with rapidly revolving arms.

since the idea of the mechs is how they're supposed to be superior and free from the flaws of their pre-hardmode counterparts, this would be reflected in the fight. skele prime is now engineered to be a threat with or without operational systems. let me know what you think
Hallowed armor is actually overall equally good, if not better, than chlorophyte.

Hallowed armor is actually overall equally good, if not better, than chlorophyte.
for those interested, here's a quick summary of the properties of each armour (i was not fully aware of both of their stats)

Chlorophyte (Melee):
56 defense
21% increased critstrike chance
21% increased melee damage
5% increased movement speed
Weird looking gem turret

Hallowed (Melee):
50 defense
17% increased critstrike chance
17% increased melee damage
29% increased melee speed
27% increased movement speed

Chlorophyte (Ranged):
44 defense
15% increased critstrike chance
21% increased ranged damage
20% chance not to consume ammo
Weird looking gem turret

Hallowed (Ranged):
35 defense
22% increased ranged damage
8% increased movement speed
25% chance not to consume ammo

Chlorophyte (Magic):
38 defense
21% increased magic damage
+80 mana
-17% mana usage
Weird looking gem turret

Hallowed (Magic):
31 defense
19% increased critstrike chance
19% increased magic damage
8% increased movement speed
-20% mana usage

chlorophyte armour (usually) offers higher stats, but considering the accessibility of hallowed armor (and quite frankly the inaccessibility of chlorophyte), they are more or less equal. if one has to choose, they should choose based on how much chlorophyte is in their world. in many cases, it may be more responsible to keep the chlorophyte in your world reserved for post-plantera armour recipes (for instance, if your jungle's size has been dramatically reduced from infectious biomes).

jumping from adamantite to hallowed to post-plantera armour seems more logical than adamantite to chlorophyte to post-plantera, only because the construction of post-plantera armours requires you to mine even more chlorophyte. perhaps if post-plantera armours took in chlorophyte armour pieces in their recipes, as opposed to chlorophyte bars, the choice would be less simple.

i stand corrected for the majority of gameplay strategies. hallowed armour is viable in adamantite worlds until post-plantera.

Honesty I can't remember that last time I used hallowed armour, I always skip over it. I always thought it needed a buff but then again I never really hybrid armour, though perhaps a tad extra defence won't hurt.
I only used hybrid armor my first run in pre-hard mode

Back
Top Bottom