Journey's End Vanity Contest - Finalists & Voting Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Diary of a Finalist
Day 1​
8 AM - Have been trying to persuade myself I'll be happy no matter who wins.

12:30 PM - The kettle is whispering "vaaaaaaanity contessssssst" :p

14 PM - The voting page doesn't show the current results.. What if I squint very hard? Still nothing XD

16:45 PM - Tried to play some other game. Accidentally opened Terraria

17:50 PM - I'm pretty sure my dog is barking the names of the finalists

19:35 PM - Wait. what dog? I don't have any

Yeah, I'm okay
I think XD
Send help!
Any other finalists want to share their tips on distracting themselves? Or anybody in general, not just finalists :p

mush.png

Doodled a little thing as a thank you for all your support, friends!

Whether I win or not, this has been such a fun adventure! Keep sharing your love for your favourite designs, I can promise it means more to us than you'd think - may everyone's Journey's End be a wonderful one!

View attachment 267514

Doodled a little thing as a thank you for all your support, friends!

Whether I win or not, this has been such a fun adventure! Keep sharing your love for your favourite designs, I can promise it means more to us than you'd think - may everyone's Journey's End be a wonderful one!
This is such a sweet thing to do! You have a golden heart!

The Diary of a Finalist
Day 1​
8 AM - Have been trying to persuade myself I'll be happy no matter who wins.

12:30 PM - The kettle is whispering "vaaaaaaanity contessssssst" :p

14 PM - The voting page doesn't show the current results.. What if I squint very hard? Still nothing XD

16:45 PM - Tried to play some other game. Accidentally opened Terraria

17:50 PM - I'm pretty sure my dog is barking the names of the finalists

19:35 PM - Wait. what dog? I don't have any

Yeah, I'm okay
I think XD
Send help!
Any other finalists want to share their tips on distracting themselves? Or anybody in general, not just finalists :p
Mannn what have you even got to be anxious about? literally 4/5 people I've seen have put yours as their number one, and that remaining fifth puts yours as 2 or 3. Pop a bottle of champagne and chug the thing. You're golden, my dude. We're all here to fight over second place.

Also, I made a thank you card earlier, but I was planning on posting it when the contest ended/I got eliminated. Should I post it now? It feels a little too fancy to post as a "hey eveybodi vote fur me wahey" thing

Also, I made a thank you card earlier, but I was planning on posting it when the contest ended/I got eliminated. Should I post it now? It feels a little too fancy to post as a "hey eveybodi vote fur me wahey" thing
It's always a good time to show gratitude! 'sides, I'd feel odd being the only one

Hey, guess who had to host on newgrounds?
This is my thank you card. I feel bad about deploying it before the end, but I've already gotten further than I expected, and I want people who vote for me to know I appreciate them now, rather than later.

CLICK THIS, DINGUS
That animation is beautiful, you're seriously so talented! I'll be keeping an eye out for your future art from here on out, and I'm sure that's true for many others too. :dryadgrin:

That animation is beautiful, you're seriously so talented! I'll be keeping an eye out for your future art from here on out, and I'm sure that's true for many others too. :dryadgrin:
Slowly but surely I'm going to keep trying to teach myself more animation. Making that card taught me a bunch of stuff about using adobe animate, which is the important part~

Hey, guess who had to host on newgrounds?
This is my thank you card. I feel bad about deploying it before the end, but I've already gotten further than I expected, and I want people who vote for me to know I appreciate them now, rather than later.

I love the tie in the wind effect, like it's mocking the "hair flowing in the wind" or "cape flowing in the wind" common idea for that kind of thing. Or it could be a reference to Journey's End wind event. <3

I honestly hope that the Capricorn one wins. It looks really cool and it seems like it would be fun to have in the game as a special vanity. My entry obviously didn't make it to the finals but to be honest, all the designs that got into the finals were miles ahead of mine in terms of creativity and talent.

my votes are Plaguebringer's Robes, The Timeless Traveler, and Wandering Ronin the rest are either too anime or too kiddish but its just my opinion what do i know.

let’s just hope that people don’t cheat to win now with multiple accounts
There have already been tens of thousands of votes, so you'd need to make a lot (I'm talking tens of thousands) of Google accounts to have any impact. It's just not worth it.

I wouldn't recommend spoiling your vote guys since I want a winning surprise and from the looks of it... timeless traverler and cyber angel are probably going to win with the spoilers. (even though there are loads of votes from people who didn't reply on the page or even have a account)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom