Journey's End Vanity Contest - Finalists & Voting Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my three favorite entries bookmarked during the contest and two got picked for finalists!!

Definitely going for Cyber Angel and Plaguebringer as my top two picks but im surprised Ancient God from page 170 didn't make it in. The sprite seemed so unique and high quality!

Looking through the finalist selections I can't say there's an entry that didn't deserve to be here, they're all pretty awesome in their own right.

Had my three favorite entries bookmarked during the contest and two got picked for finalists!!

Definitely going for Cyber Angel and Plaguebringer as my top two picks but im surprised Ancient God from page 170 didn't make it in. The sprite seemed so unique and high quality!

Looking through the finalist selections I can't say there's an entry that didn't deserve to be here, they're all pretty awesome in their own right.
The Ancient God? Care to show me what it looks like?

Hey, here's an idea; maybe for the entries that don't win, someone could make a mod for these. Helps that alot of them already have sprites, they just need animated.

We would LOVE to see this.

It was gutting to cut these down to even 25. We literally said "we hope someone mods the ones that don't make it".

I'm sure our choices wouldn't be everybody's - and that is not to say that there were not plenty of other just-as-worthy entries. The ~90 we had after the Red/Cenx round were absurdly good... and heck, even the ~430 semifinalists were all rock solid... and even beyond that really.

It was absurd how good things were and how high the bar was set. If what we liked didn't match you, welp, that's the subjective nature of opinions - and we tried to involve the entire team to avoid any biases, etc.

No matter what - no one and I mean NO ONE should be feeling down on themselves here. I wish we could add them all, but that just isn't feasible. :(

Please, please be proud of what you did here folks. Maybe at some point I can pull together the semifinalist list... but that will be a task indeed. :eek:

It was so hard to vote since there are so many cool choices. However, all of these look amazing, and it will be great to see the winning vanities in-game!

I dont usually wear vanity items, since I prefer to use the vanity armour slots as a quick way to swap between armour sets. Also I like how most armour looks.

But I would consider wearing those I voted for:
Plaguebringer, Wandering Ronin and Capricorn.

I hope they can be found early in the game.

Aw drat, shame my submission didn't make it in, all these artists are so fantastic though! Especially fond of the Floret Protector!

I’m a little disappointed that mine didn’t make it, but looking at these I can see why. Good job to the finalists!

Son was bummed ours didn't make it but he is over the moon on the Wyvern suit hehe :D That, the Traveler, and the Druid ones got our votes. Awesome job again to all the finalists!

A massive congratulations to the finalists! Personally, I'm a liffle bummed that my subterranean dweller entry didn't make it, but thats okay. Good luck to all of you, and may the best set(s) win!:happy:

We would LOVE to see this.

It was gutting to cut these down to even 25. We literally said "we hope someone mods the ones that don't make it".

I'm sure our choices wouldn't be everybody's - and that is not to say that there were not plenty of other just-as-worthy entries. The ~90 we had after the Red/Cenx round were absurdly good... and heck, even the ~430 semifinalists were all rock solid... and even beyond that really.

It was absurd how good things were and how high the bar was set. If what we liked didn't match you, welp, that's the subjective nature of opinions - and we tried to involve the entire team to avoid any biases, etc.

No matter what - no one and I mean NO ONE should be feeling down on themselves here. I wish we could add them all, but that just isn't feasible. :(

Please, please be proud of what you did here folks. Maybe at some point I can pull together the semifinalist list... but that will be a task indeed. :eek:

Any Chance we will ever get to see the semi finalists as "Honorable Mentions" ?

oh my gosh i love all of these so much i'm going to draw myself in all of them (if you wanna check out my art style, my submissions on pg. 272 of the original!)!!!
everyone did so good. i'm so proud of how this all turned out. now i'm gonna go work on the photoshop document i've already made to draw these!!!!!!!!!!
good luck to the finalists!!!!!!!!!!

art progress
- placement
- sketches
- polished lines & other fixes
- basic color
- shade, lighting, and other majesticness
- final product!
-
bonus art because i love these guys' outfits so much

edit 9: every piece of art has humble beginings.
or, in our case, horrible beginnings.
Screenshot (87).png

but don't worry! my coloring jobs
always start out like this.

once it's all polished, it looks like this:
(examples - left: me and clover; deltarune right: me and susie;deltarune)

bad clov.PNG
bad sus.PNG

and ends like this:
good clov.PNG
good sus.PNG

so don't worry! it'll look great.
:D

Attachments

• Screenshot (80).png
    Screenshot (80).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 428
  • Screenshot (81).png