Journey's End Vanity Contest - Finalists & Voting Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was quite a tricky choosing, so many good concepts. Thank you for letting us vote and Thank you for being such a lovely community. :dryadhappy:

Really love these submissions<3! Really want to get them'all in terraria!`:happy:
By the way, if you saw my introduction of my character, you will find that's a really horrible love story(though it's ending not bad), but I will still post the story background here.
The AI controller of the ship ZEPHYROS adored Bloom, But Bloom didn't like her(or IT...), the only love one is her beautiful floret. In a day of planet mining mission, Bloom carried the floret as usual, the in a jealous rage, the AI control the giant mining blade flied to the floret, he wanted to break that. At the moment, Bloom threw herself to the floret to protect it. She succeed, the flower was still intact, but her head blown off to mince:eek:..... Doctor Danesti tried everything to save her, he transfered Bloom's consciousness to the flower. Finally they stay together forever`:passionate:

Last edited:

Happy Friday Terrarians!

First of all, a big thank you to everyone that entered our Journey's End Vanity Contest! We were blown away by both the sheer volume (THOUSANDS :eek: ) and the overwhelming quality of what you all produced. Simply stunning, but not really surprising, because we know how awesomely creative you all are, right? :)

Seriously, if you have not checked out the awesomeness that is the Submissions Thread... you really should do so right now!

The Re-Logic team has at long last completed the arduous task of going over every entry (yes, we did look at every. single. one.), and we are ready to reveal our choices for the 25 Journey's End Vanity Contest Finalists! Our criteria were focused on how cool we found the concept, how well we felt it could be executed on by our team, and how well we felt it would fit into Terraria. Note that for some concepts, multiple people may have had a similar idea. For these, the idea that best communicated the concept and/or stood out as being the most unique to the team was selected.

These will be listed below, in no particular order - however, we wanted to give you the instructions on how to vote first! Remember, the Top 3 will be moving on to having our artists work to pull those ideas into the game - so your votes matter! So here is how it is going to work...

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END VANITY CONTEST VOTING

In order to involve as many of the various arms of the Terraria Community as possible, we will be utilizing a centralized voting method that is not tied to any one aspect of the Community. Voting will all be done via the Google Forms link posted below. Before we get there, a few things to point out.

• In order to limit the possibility of "ballot stuffing" (aka voting over and over again), you will be required to sign into a Google account in order to vote.
    • We figure this is as innocuous of a thing to ask as anything, since most folks either have a Google account or could make one easily
  • You will be asked to vote for a first, second, and third place entry - each entry will have an image, name, and the creator's name clearly listed.
    • If you so desire, you may vote for the same entry in all three places.
  • The order in which the finalists will appear is randomized for each voter, to avoid bias.

ALL VOTES MUST BE CAST BY MIDNIGHT EST ON APRIL 24, 2020

That's pretty much it folks - sign into Google, vote, and then see how it all shakes out! To get started, click the Vanity Contest Banner below!

View attachment 266983

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END VANITY CONTEST FINALISTS
Click on the image for any entry to be taken to the entry's post for more details

View attachment 267148

The Traveler by @Upixel
index.php

View attachment 267149

Forest Druid by @Kohi_aue

index.php

View attachment 267179

Capricorn by @R-MK

index.php

View attachment 267180

Plaguebringer's Robes by @SodaHunter

index.php

View attachment 267181

Bubblehead by @MetDigit/Gust Moreira

index.php

View attachment 267183

Swamp Horror by @Outerwar

index.php

View attachment 267184

Cyber Angel by @Rariaz

index.php

View attachment 267185

Floret Protector by @yikescloud

index.php

View attachment 267186

Wyvern Rider by @manzXja

index.php

View attachment 267187

Witch's Void by @Hexanne

index.php

View attachment 267189

Starlight Dream by @Golditale

index.php

View attachment 267190

Magic Grill Megashark by @Pepsi

index.php

View attachment 267191

Mocrium by @EyEyMoses

index.php

View attachment 267192

Deep Diver's Disguise by @Nick T.

index.php

View attachment 267193
View attachment 267194

Cosmic Terror by @RegMeow

index.php

View attachment 267195

Dragon Empress by @mythic___

index.php

View attachment 267196

Vestaments of the Crystal Bard by @Are_Cuenty_Wotta

index.php

View attachment 267197

Wandering Ronin by @crowflux

index.php

View attachment 267198

Bedtime Outfit by @AnonAlpaca

index.php

View attachment 267371

The Timeless Traveler by @DisRicardo

index.php

View attachment 267199

Slime Queen by @MounaShine

index.php

View attachment 267200

TV Head by @Dr.Zootsuit

index.php

View attachment 267209

The Bugman by @Metalsquirrel

index.php

View attachment 267212

Containment Suit by @MikeLeaArt

index.php

View attachment 267219

Mushroom Alchemist by @pineappleknight

index.php

Well, good work everyone that made it! You all had brilliant and unique ideas! I'm glad that you guys made it, shows that you truly care about the game and wanted to put in the time! GG and good luck to the winners and finalists!

my dream come true as a finalist, even if I don't win I be more than happy with what I achieved
Good luck to everybody!!
(sorry for the bad english)

PT-BR
Estou realizando um sonho como finalista neste concurso, terraria tem um valor emocional muito grande para mim, mesmo que eu não seja o vencedor...já estarei mais do que feliz com o que realizei

<3

Boa sorte a todos!

Last edited:
My votes, in order:

Floret Protector

Plaguebringer's Robes

The Timeless Traveler

Can't wait to log another 1200 hours into this brilliant game once the update comes out!

As it stands, the glowing mushroom biome serves only three purposes. The mushrooms used for alchemy, the truffle worm to fight Duke Fishron, and praying to RNG that you get glowing mushroom seeds to make a surface biome for the Truffle to live in. Seeing as this is one of my favorite biomes and I don't play ranged (the Truffle's only real functional purpose being for shroomite gear), rarely make my own healing/mana potions, and often skip Duke Fishron, I'm hoping for nothing less than the best for the mushroom alchemist set. I'd love another reason to look forward to finding those wacky shrooms.

I haven't been involved in the Terraria community before putting in a very simple submission of my own simply because why not, although I can already tell that all of these are surprisingly incredibly good! I wish that it wasn't limited to three, simply for the sake of adding more amazing sets to the base game. In any case, good luck, everybody!:dryadsmile:
(Contest concepts or not, this does inspire me to do some proper Terraria art as well. :dryadhappy: )

First-off, I wanted to mention that I loved EVERY one of these vanity concepts/designs. They are absolutely incredible, kudos to those who went through the hard-work, effort and time spent contemplating and crafting each of these magnificent designs.

My first, second and third vote, without second (or third, haha) thought, goes to the Wandering Ronin design. I think its an absolute perfect "seasoning" to the Dynasty Wood mini-theme that Terraria already has; this vanity outfit that would look amazing with Dynasty Wood buildings! By the way, I LOVE the little fireflies that move around the character!! That's also a spice to the vanity design itself that completely sold it for me.
View attachment 267197
Wandering Ronin by @crowflux

If I knew the Wandering Ronin would definitely make it in, the below would have been my second and third votes respectively.

Floret Protector by @yikescloud
Mushroom Alchemist by @pineappleknight

@crowflux You're awesome! Thank's so much for your time you spent crafting your wonderful vanity, I really REALLY love it! You've got my 100% Support. If your vanity makes it, it'll be my default go-to vanity

Last edited:
The ones i'm truly love are: Plaguebringer's Robes; The Timeless Traveler; Cosmic Terror; Capricorn; Wyvern Rider; Swamp Horror. However each and every one of these vanity sets fully deserve to be in the game!

Im just happy I tried but I had a feeling to many good artists were here xD. I would be lying if I am a little sad I didn't make it but that doesn't mean I don't like these entries as they all look cool.

although i'm happy with a lot of the finalists, some of them i really can't see in the game. One of the entries i really liked (besides mine) was the skywear set, I thought it looked like it belonged in the game. That's just my opinion, though! i'm just happy if you're happy, re-logic!

1587248119104.png

Good luck to all you finalists! And thank everyone for trying to make this awesome! :)

because it is awesome

Happy Friday Terrarians!

First of all, a big thank you to everyone that entered our Journey's End Vanity Contest! We were blown away by both the sheer volume (THOUSANDS :eek: ) and the overwhelming quality of what you all produced. Simply stunning, but not really surprising, because we know how awesomely creative you all are, right? :)

Seriously, if you have not checked out the awesomeness that is the Submissions Thread... you really should do so right now!

The Re-Logic team has at long last completed the arduous task of going over every entry (yes, we did look at every. single. one.), and we are ready to reveal our choices for the 25 Journey's End Vanity Contest Finalists! Our criteria were focused on how cool we found the concept, how well we felt it could be executed on by our team, and how well we felt it would fit into Terraria. Note that for some concepts, multiple people may have had a similar idea. For these, the idea that best communicated the concept and/or stood out as being the most unique to the team was selected.

These will be listed below, in no particular order - however, we wanted to give you the instructions on how to vote first! Remember, the Top 3 will be moving on to having our artists work to pull those ideas into the game - so your votes matter! So here is how it is going to work...

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END VANITY CONTEST VOTING

In order to involve as many of the various arms of the Terraria Community as possible, we will be utilizing a centralized voting method that is not tied to any one aspect of the Community. Voting will all be done via the Google Forms link posted below. Before we get there, a few things to point out.

• In order to limit the possibility of "ballot stuffing" (aka voting over and over again), you will be required to sign into a Google account in order to vote.
    • We figure this is as innocuous of a thing to ask as anything, since most folks either have a Google account or could make one easily
  • You will be asked to vote for a first, second, and third place entry - each entry will have an image, name, and the creator's name clearly listed.
    • If you so desire, you may vote for the same entry in all three places.
  • The order in which the finalists will appear is randomized for each voter, to avoid bias.

ALL VOTES MUST BE CAST BY MIDNIGHT EST ON APRIL 24, 2020

That's pretty much it folks - sign into Google, vote, and then see how it all shakes out! To get started, click the Vanity Contest Banner below!

View attachment 266983

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END VANITY CONTEST FINALISTS
Click on the image for any entry to be taken to the entry's post for more details

View attachment 267148

The Traveler by @Upixel
index.php

View attachment 267149

Forest Druid by @Kohi_aue

index.php

View attachment 267179

Capricorn by @R-MK

index.php

View attachment 267180

Plaguebringer's Robes by @SodaHunter

index.php