Journey's End Vanity Contest - Finalists & Voting Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Friday Terrarians!

First of all, a big thank you to everyone that entered our Journey's End Vanity Contest! We were blown away by both the sheer volume (THOUSANDS :eek: ) and the overwhelming quality of what you all produced. Simply stunning, but not really surprising, because we know how awesomely creative you all are, right? :)

Seriously, if you have not checked out the awesomeness that is the Submissions Thread... you really should do so right now!

The Re-Logic team has at long last completed the arduous task of going over every entry (yes, we did look at every. single. one.), and we are ready to reveal our choices for the 25 Journey's End Vanity Contest Finalists! Our criteria were focused on how cool we found the concept, how well we felt it could be executed on by our team, and how well we felt it would fit into Terraria. Note that for some concepts, multiple people may have had a similar idea. For these, the idea that best communicated the concept and/or stood out as being the most unique to the team was selected.

These will be listed below, in no particular order - however, we wanted to give you the instructions on how to vote first! Remember, the Top 3 will be moving on to having our artists work to pull those ideas into the game - so your votes matter! So here is how it is going to work...

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END VANITY CONTEST VOTING

In order to involve as many of the various arms of the Terraria Community as possible, we will be utilizing a centralized voting method that is not tied to any one aspect of the Community. Voting will all be done via the Google Forms link posted below. Before we get there, a few things to point out.

• In order to limit the possibility of "ballot stuffing" (aka voting over and over again), you will be required to sign into a Google account in order to vote.
    • We figure this is as innocuous of a thing to ask as anything, since most folks either have a Google account or could make one easily
  • You will be asked to vote for a first, second, and third place entry - each entry will have an image, name, and the creator's name clearly listed.
    • If you so desire, you may vote for the same entry in all three places.
  • The order in which the finalists will appear is randomized for each voter, to avoid bias.

ALL VOTES MUST BE CAST BY MIDNIGHT EST ON APRIL 24, 2020

That's pretty much it folks - sign into Google, vote, and then see how it all shakes out! To get started, click the Vanity Contest Banner below!

View attachment 266983

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END VANITY CONTEST FINALISTS
Click on the image for any entry to be taken to the entry's post for more details

View attachment 267148

The Traveler by @Upixel
index.php

View attachment 267149

Forest Druid by @Kohi_aue

index.php

View attachment 267179

Capricorn by @R-MK

index.php

View attachment 267180

Plaguebringer's Robes by @SodaHunter

index.php

View attachment 267181

Bubblehead by @MetDigit/Gust Moreira

index.php

View attachment 267183

Swamp Horror by @Outerwar

index.php

View attachment 267184

Cyber Angel by @Rariaz

index.php

View attachment 267185

Floret Protector by @yikescloud

index.php

View attachment 267186

Wyvern Rider by @manzXja

index.php

View attachment 267187

Witch's Void by @Hexanne

index.php

View attachment 267189

Starlight Dream by @Golditale

index.php

View attachment 267190

Magic Grill Megashark by @Pepsi

index.php

View attachment 267191

Mocrium by @EyEyMoses

index.php

View attachment 267192

Deep Diver's Disguise by @Nick T.

index.php

View attachment 267193
View attachment 267194

Cosmic Terror by @RegMeow

index.php

View attachment 267195

Dragon Empress by @mythic___

index.php

View attachment 267196

Vestaments of the Crystal Bard by @Are_Cuenty_Wotta

index.php

View attachment 267197

Wandering Ronin by @crowflux

index.php

View attachment 267198

Bedtime Outfit by @AnonAlpaca

index.php

View attachment 267371

The Timeless Traveler by @DisRicardo

index.php

View attachment 267199

Slime Queen by @MounaShine

index.php

View attachment 267200

TV Head by @Dr.Zootsuit

index.php

View attachment 267209

The Bugman by @Metalsquirrel

index.php

View attachment 267212

Containment Suit by @MikeLeaArt

index.php

View attachment 267219

Mushroom Alchemist by @pineappleknight

index.php

Happy Friday Terrarians!

First of all, a big thank you to everyone that entered our Journey's End Vanity Contest! We were blown away by both the sheer volume (THOUSANDS :eek: ) and the overwhelming quality of what you all produced. Simply stunning, but not really surprising, because we know how awesomely creative you all are, right? :)

Seriously, if you have not checked out the awesomeness that is the Submissions Thread... you really should do so right now!

The Re-Logic team has at long last completed the arduous task of going over every entry (yes, we did look at every. single. one.), and we are ready to reveal our choices for the 25 Journey's End Vanity Contest Finalists! Our criteria were focused on how cool we found the concept, how well we felt it could be executed on by our team, and how well we felt it would fit into Terraria. Note that for some concepts, multiple people may have had a similar idea. For these, the idea that best communicated the concept and/or stood out as being the most unique to the team was selected.

These will be listed below, in no particular order - however, we wanted to give you the instructions on how to vote first! Remember, the Top 3 will be moving on to having our artists work to pull those ideas into the game - so your votes matter! So here is how it is going to work...

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END VANITY CONTEST VOTING

In order to involve as many of the various arms of the Terraria Community as possible, we will be utilizing a centralized voting method that is not tied to any one aspect of the Community. Voting will all be done via the Google Forms link posted below. Before we get there, a few things to point out.

• In order to limit the possibility of "ballot stuffing" (aka voting over and over again), you will be required to sign into a Google account in order to vote.
    • We figure this is as innocuous of a thing to ask as anything, since most folks either have a Google account or could make one easily
  • You will be asked to vote for a first, second, and third place entry - each entry will have an image, name, and the creator's name clearly listed.
    • If you so desire, you may vote for the same entry in all three places.
  • The order in which the finalists will appear is randomized for each voter, to avoid bias.

ALL VOTES MUST BE CAST BY MIDNIGHT EST ON APRIL 24, 2020

That's pretty much it folks - sign into Google, vote, and then see how it all shakes out! To get started, click the Vanity Contest Banner below!

View attachment 266983

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END VANITY CONTEST FINALISTS
Click on the image for any entry to be taken to the entry's post for more details

View attachment 267148

The Traveler by @Upixel
index.php

View attachment 267149

Forest Druid by @Kohi_aue

index.php

View attachment 267179

Capricorn by @R-MK

index.php

View attachment 267180

Plaguebringer's Robes by @SodaHunter

index.php

View attachment 267181

Bubblehead by @MetDigit/Gust Moreira

index.php

View attachment 267183

Swamp Horror by @Outerwar

index.php

View attachment 267184

Cyber Angel by @Rariaz

index.php

View attachment 267185

Floret Protector by @yikescloud

index.php

View attachment 267186

Wyvern Rider by @manzXja

index.php

View attachment 267187

Witch's Void by @Hexanne

index.php

View attachment 267189

Starlight Dream by @Golditale

index.php

View attachment 267190

Magic Grill Megashark by @Pepsi

index.php

View attachment 267191

Mocrium by @EyEyMoses

index.php

View attachment 267192

Deep Diver's Disguise by @Nick T.

index.php

View attachment 267193
View attachment 267194

Cosmic Terror by @RegMeow

index.php

View attachment 267195

Dragon Empress by @mythic___

index.php

View attachment 267196

Vestaments of the Crystal Bard by @Are_Cuenty_Wotta

index.php

View attachment 267197

Wandering Ronin by @crowflux

index.php

View attachment 267198

Bedtime Outfit by @AnonAlpaca

index.php

View attachment 267371

The Timeless Traveler by @DisRicardo

index.php

View attachment 267199

Slime Queen by @MounaShine

index.php

View attachment 267200

TV Head by @Dr.Zootsuit

index.php

View attachment 267209

The Bugman by @Metalsquirrel

index.php

View attachment 267212

Containment Suit by @MikeLeaArt

index.php

View attachment 267219

Mushroom Alchemist by @pineappleknight

index.php

Wow these will be very unique in game

It makes me laugh to look at these... and then look at my stinking crud heap 💩 entry. Good job everyone, you certainly beat me! :joy:

I had no clue that it will take time to count the votes for the three winners or whatever is happening. I thought once the vote ends at Midnight April 24, the number of votes for the 25 finalists each will be automatically shown to the devs. I hope it won’t take too many days.:indifferent:

Last edited:
I had no clue that it will take time to count the votes for the three winners or whatever is happening. I thought once the vote ends at Midnight April 24, the number of votes for the 25 finalists each will be automatically shown to the devs. I hope it won’t take too many days.:indifferent:

Note: this thread will be updated every day until the winners are revealed.

Number of days after end of the vote: 2 days
I'm betting calculating took longer than one might expect due to the three-vote thing.
Also, they've said that they need time to prepare the reveal and run it past Cenx and stuff like that.
My guess is tomorrow at best, Friday at the absolute worst.

I must say. Why not add tchem all?
Journey's end is most likely the last update to terraria, i think that if all of the great vanity sets would be added, we would have the most fun,
and joy out of the update. And we will not be sad because the updating of this amazing game has come to a stop.
Please take this as my vote. Hope all of you also want all of the vanity sets. Good Job to the creators! Goodbye.

I'm very embarassed how horrible my entry was so I'm relieved it didn't make it anywhere or else I would probably end up disgusting or boring people. All the finalists look really nice and I hope you guys have a good time voting and spriting it in the game.

I must say. Why not add tchem all?
Journey's end is most likely the last update to terraria, i think that if all of the great vanity sets would be added, we would have the most fun,
and joy out of the update. And we will not be sad because the updating of this amazing game has come to a stop.
Please take this as my vote. Hope all of you also want all of the vanity sets. Good Job to the creators! Goodbye.
I'm sure we all feel the same way but I'm also pretty sure that this would be a little too much for Re-Logic right now, especially with the update just around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom