Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1584133715784.png
my submission

mega man (most likely not actually called that, but i can not come up with a clever name.)

nose goblin.png
The Tale of the Forsaken Gnome
The gnomes of the forest typically practice natural and bright magics, living in relative peace and tranquility with one another. Though, all things good must one day come to an end. One gnome was born who was not satisfied with this power. in secret, he began his research for something greater, something more powerful. Years went by as he toiled away in his laboratory, growing ever the more paranoid that his research would be discovered, and inevitably thwarted. Many experiments were conducted, many lives were sacrificed, all in the name of progress, yet, little progress was being made. Years went by with no developments, but, he persevered. Finally, after hundreds of years of concealed effort, he had stumbled upon the creation of a new kind of magic. He was ecstatic, his sacrifices had finally bore fruit. There would need to be tests, experiments, trials, oh how much there was to do! So many new discoveries to be made. Yet, he was running out of time. his life was nearing its end. after spending his entire life pursuing his magic, his eyes had grown weak to the sunlight, his bones brittle and frail. However, as he attempted to cast his new magic, something strange came over him. Something he hadn't felt before. Something sharp and painful, yet oddly soothing. his figure began to regain what he had lost to time, and his vision steadily became less blurry. However, his mana reserves were quickly depleting, and he had long since run out of potions. Frantically, he tried to finish his incantation, yet that simply burned his mana even quicker. The effects of the casting began to waver, his limbs shriveled up again, and his eyesight had yet again been reduced to various blurry blobs. This was too much damage for his already weakened body to sustain and as a result, he collapsed. After several days, he awakened, or had he? He could not see. There were no lights to grace his eyes. Out of options, he tried to cast his magic again, to the same result as before. Awakening again, he didn't have the strength to attempt another casting, and regretfully felt his way to the outside world. with no vision, he had to rely on sensing his surroundings with magic, which he gradually developed over time. Defeated and fearful of what might happen to him if his experiments were revealed, he hastily prepared to leave the land of the gnomes, taking with him his gear that had once protected him in his days of youth. His research and crimes against the living were discovered by the gnomish people afterwards, but the gnome in question was long gone, the only remaining evidence of his endeavors scrawled into an old journal. The final entry reads "To whomever discovers this book, know that I have left. Do not come searching for me, it will only end in defeat, much like my own." it is unknown what came of the gnome after he fled, however rumors of a man with a large nose and green hood appearing on rainy nights have surfaced recently. maybe he never left...

you don't have to read all that i got really carried away with the story, i had a lot of fun writing it though!

on the left is a version with the nose slightly farther inwards, and the right is the original one. i thought it looked a bit odd in how far the nose stretched out, but i still like the one on the right better.

Head piece: large green hood that allows room for the nose. it drapes onto the back slightly. there are no eye holes, as his vision has long been lost. (not the characters nose but a much larger one)
Chest piece: chain mail over a heavy blackened leather chest plate and a red cape that has lost most of its color. (maybe the cape could be a separate part?)
Leg piece: darkened leather (boots and leg wear)

I made a modern soldier with a cap, outfit, and combat boots.

Attachments

• New Piskel-1.png.png
    New Piskel-1.png.png
    414 bytes · Views: 220
Untitled.png

The Crystal Ninja vanity set, based on my game Crystal Ninja.
Original:
Untitled1.png

Individual piece names:
  • Head: Crystal Headband
  • Torso: Crystal Kilt
  • Legs: Crystal Pants
Each with the description 'Straight from the Chamber of Death!'
(That pink thing in the middle is meant to be a karate-style belt)

Name: LaginProto
the cape in the outfit will move in when you run, or,if the wind is blowing(maybe)
as shown certain parts will glow
I had no idea for what to put on the front of the outfit
I also wasn't sure on the colors
Terraria vanity entry (Lagin Proto).png

I had a different idea with a fedora but i couldn't get it to look right.

The Frost Mage vanity armor I made in Piskel.
The armor pieces are as follows:
Frost Mage Crown
Frost Mage Breastplate
Frost Mage Legs
New Piskel (2).png

If this were to make it in I would want the crown to be improved on.
I used the guide sprite for reference image.

Last edited:
To thank Pewdiepie for the return of old players and creating a enjoying experince i want his signiture headphones and black and red stripes for the shirt to immoralise our greatfullness for his part time in the community.

Attachments

• Image_1.png
    Image_1.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 213
(sorry for bad english) the idea is that its a specter in a suit witch flys around it has glowing fire hands and glowing fire legs with a helmet with holes in the torso there is a furnace that fulles the armor and it has a cloth on one arm and spikes on the other

(note: this isnt a reffrence if it remainds you of somthing then im not aware of that thing) also sorry that i left the sketch in the finnal drawing

Attachments

• Namnlöst-1.png
    2 MB · Views: 248
This here is my Skyrell Armour idea, it would be a futuristic themed armour/vanity set and it could have the blue lines glow or have a white line running through them every so often, idea and concept fully by me.

Attachments

• Skyrell Armour (Terraria contest).png
    Skyrell Armour (Terraria contest).png
    77.8 KB · Views: 325
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom