Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pixil-frame-0 (1).png

Last edited:
TerrariaContest3.PNG

Undetectable set

This full set (head, chest, leggings) will be automatically put in your inventory 1/50 of the time while crafting a mannequin or womannequin. If the player doesn't have space in their inventory, the set will automatically be thrown out of the player's inventory in front of them. Another idea would be for the full set to be dropped from mimics, maybe 1/20 of the time?

The player's hair will stay on their head even while wearing the head piece (This is to tell the player from a real mannequin)

The mannequin's stand isn't there to also help distinguish the player from a real mannequin.

Last edited:
1584302832290.png
1584302862661.png

So my idea was basically some sort of futuristic armor of some sort, mainly with a red/black color scheme. I kinda went with an astronaut type thing while creating it, but i am still very open to changes. Preferably I would have the red lines as glowlines/glowmasks, to highlight them in dark areas, and make them stand out even more against the black. The red lines are just meant to encircle the arms and legs, so changing the size would also be possible. The buttons near the top of the chestplate and the visor are also meant to contribute to the whole astronaut feel, and could be changed as well (I messed around with trying to make a glowing red eye and such, but settled on this). Just overall I tried to make a futuristic red/black armor set, as i really like that color scheme, and I hope you like it!

I'm submitting my character that I made a few years ago inspired from terraria. I came up with the idea of making a character while I was building a small village in a jungle biome in the middle of the night and a falling star landed in a small lake underneath a waterfall in the middle of my build. The waterfall, the vines, and the stars all seemed to paint a perfect picture of harmony, so I tried my hand at designing a character around those three things.

The result was a character named Aster, an alien with a head full of stars and a body made of water with leaves where their neck would be.
To be specific, their head is like a window into a pocket of space where their big golden star resides. A trail of what looks like smoke comes off their head, allowing brief glimpses into the farther reaches of space. In the space between their head and shoulders, plant life flourishes, but since there is no dirt to hold on to, the plants tend to fall out, allowing more room for plants to grow. Their body is made of water held together by the strange telekinetic golden rings that keep its shape.

gazing_transparent_w.png

Male Player with rings ->
Male-Aster_Vanity.jpg
Female-Aster_Vanity.jpg
<- Female Player with rings
Male Player without rings ->
Male-Aster_Vanity_no-rings.jpg
Female-Aster_Vanity_no-rings.jpg
<- Female Player without rings

Couldn't decide whether or not to keep or remove the gold rings for the character sprite, so I put them both here side by side.

My idea for the vanity set would be to have the smoke be animated, maybe have it wave behind the player while they're running. If possible, it would be cool to occasionally have leaves fall from the neck if the full set is worn, or if not that then maybe the player can get a small glowing effect.​

I've been playing Terraria for a while now, and have always wanted the chance to do such a thing!
Therefore, I've created the Endless Armor!

Parts:
Endless Mask
Endless Breastplate
Endless Greaves

The Endless Armor is futuristic, with a black, grey and green color scheme. Though there is sprite art below, it's rather bad and I'd prefer you use the original art as primary inspiration if you do make it into a set.

Endless Armor.png

Thanks for developing terraria. My vanity items could change during a blood moon, by turning to their second form and crying. The 'Lazuli hoodie' allows other vanity piece to show but the red form covers all vanity pieces like the werewolf charm. While the 'Gel parasite' shows the purple hands over all armor consistently.

Attachments

• Weeping hoody.png
    Weeping hoody.png
    2 KB · Views: 110
  • Gel parasite.png
    Gel parasite.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
My vanity set's name is fulgur (lightning in latin)Fulgur-1.png

vanity set name fulgur. (Lightning in latin)

vanity set name fulgur (lightning in latin)Fulgur-1.png

Attachments

• Fulgur-1.png
    Fulgur-1.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 130
Here's my vanity submission, which is based on knight armors and nuclear technology. I'll call it the Fusion Set (which consists of the Fusion Helm, Fusion Chestplate and Fusion Leggings). Been a while since I did pixel art.

Attachments

• Vanity Contest Submission.png
    Vanity Contest Submission.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 154
Sorry if they are small, my entry is a Sci-Fi crusader.

better photo

Attachments

• Csi-Fi Crusader-7.png.png
    Csi-Fi Crusader-7.png.png
    492 bytes · Views: 131
  • Csi-Fi Crusader.gif
    Csi-Fi Crusader.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 2020-03-15_1338.png
    2020-03-15_1338.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 106
1584303889073.png

This is the slime mage set. It consists of several serene blues and greens with some gold outlining. Some inspiration for the set is the gi, sold by the travelling merchant and the colors of the sea. The different parts are: Slime mage hat, slime mage tunic and slime mage leggings.

Permafrost set. I took inspiration from the old demonshade armor from the calamity mod. Hope you like it!

Attachments

• McFrosty's_Hood.png
    McFrosty's_Hood.png
    345 bytes · Views: 96
  • McFrosty's_Tunic.png
    McFrosty's_Tunic.png
    474 bytes · Views: 100
  • McFrosty's_Robe.png
    McFrosty's_Robe.png
    357 bytes · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.