Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vertex-Gear-Basic.png

The Vertex Gear Set:

A futuristic vanity set (with obvious inspiration from Mandolorian armor).
Because of its sci-fi look, I think that it could be obtained from the Moon Lord or Martian Madness event.

Vertex-Dye-Variations.png

In order to preserve the futuristic look, the basic dyes would only effect the visor and corresponding colored parts (if possible), but the more detailed dyes would act as normal.

Vertex-Gear-Blue-Pixel.png

I also tried my best to sprite it.

Good luck to all the other great submissions!

Last edited:

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
i have two submission i only want one put in the game but i have a second just in case my first one isn't wanted i hand drew them both so i hope there ok
IMG_20200316_134820.jpg
IMG_20200316_134726.jpg

PixelArt.png
Cardboard Box Suit
-Head has eye and mouth holes
-All limbs attached with tape to the torso
-Torso has a "this way up" sign pointing sideways
-Legs and arms don't have much detail you can add some

I accidentally posted mine on the discussion thread lol. This is my take on the Vanity Armor Contest. This here is some *slaps metal* fine armor. The helmet is the "StarKing Crown," Chestplate is the "StarKing Platemail," and the legs are the "Starking Grieves." Each piece could say something like, "You feel like the king of a galaxy!"
terraria_armor_ugfk.png

This is more of a "Trophy Outfit" more than anything
I may need to rename it to something cooler or something that would fit it more like "The Warding Set"
I was thinking about what a final journey looks like,
your character battle-hardened and using charms to keep the bosses at bay
The Hat should have a effect similar to Yoraiz0r's Scowl
1584332541919.png

New Piskel (2).gif
New Piskel (3).gif
New Piskel (3).png
New Piskel (2).png

Last edited:
I know we are not supposed to submit brand stuff, but since the arm is legit call stardust armor, I thought that it would only be fair to create a jotaro kujo vanity set, where if fully applied the effect with the stardust armor would make the guardian star platinum. It probably wont get accepted but i worked pretty hard on these

Attachments

• Jotaro.png
    Jotaro.png
    867 bytes · Views: 179
  • jotaro hat.png
    jotaro hat.png
    347 bytes · Views: 172
  • Jotaro Torso.png
    Jotaro Torso.png
    768 bytes · Views: 162
  • jotaro pants.png
    jotaro pants.png
    315 bytes · Views: 157
  • star platinum.gif
    star platinum.gif
    4 KB · Views: 150
index.php
KikotoPrime Mage of Time.jpg
timer.jpg

Kikoto timer vanity set
Kikoto top hat - it comes with a gold clock to follow you
Kikoto rope - it comes with a sliver clock to follow you
Kikoto leggings - makes you look good :)
i love to be a mage that controls time, just imagine stoping time and you can sleep for a couple of hours and i can always in time for events.
this is my original work of kikoto timer :3

Attachments

• 89909125_935768910154359_8235609050029490176_n.jpg
    89909125_935768910154359_8235609050029490176_n.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 2,636
Introducing: Finnsmouth, cursed by some unknown means or reason, he stalks the Aquatic Depths, ever watching with his bulbous eyes. Hidden, waiting, for any Terrarian that may come cross his path, so that he may do something horrible to them! Prehaps... Maybe? Ah, he's harmless... But that doesn't mean that he doesn't want people to be scared of him.

finnsmouth.png

Last edited:
Okay sO I saw that there was a Vanity Contest and I just HAD to enter.

Meet Tek! Tek is a gorepunk robot; a robot that runs solely off of meat and blood, typically from living things. Despite this gruesome fact about his existence, Tek is a gentle giant and does his best to be a kind soul to individuals who he accidentally runs into. Tek has no visible arms, so my idea for the Vanity Set is that the Player's arms are obscured from view (unless using an item, perhaps?).

The "Head" vanity piece is Tek's tall, opaque glass cylinder, with a single antenna on top. (The antenna is the first Glowmask that is a part of the outfit.) The Player's head and hair should not be visible through the opaque glass cylinder.

The "Torso" vanity piece is Tek's bulky titanium chest, outfitted with his four exhaust pipes on the back and his Power Cores on the front, which are secured by a belt. (The Primary Core has a red heart display, which is the second Glowmask of the outfit.) The pipes may spill excess... fuel... at times or if damaged, so little specks of red can be added around the rim if so desired.

The "Legs" vanity piece is Tek's titanium pair of feet. Nothing too special about his legs, as they are just shiny grey titanium pants and don't change or add anything special to the body except for the slight sheen they have.

The Vanity Set's name should be, if added to the game, "Gorepunk Set".

Thank you for your time! I wish all contestants the best of luck at winning the contest, I've seen some spectacular submissions in this thread.

(P.S. i swear i'm not this bad at art i'm just trying to get my submission in quickly)
TekPixel.png

Ruined armor
Following journeys end, this vanity showcases slimes found throughout the game. (25% drop from moon lord.)
Head: "How'd a key get there?"
Torso: "You feel cold while wearing this."
Leggings: "You feel sorry for the slimes that are stuck to the bottom of your shoe."
All Pieces: "This perfectly fine armor has been tossed around by slimes so much that it's lost its defense."

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (6)-1.png.png
    pixil-frame-0 (6)-1.png.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission.png

The vanity I would like to add is on the left and a better picture of it is the right one.

The name would be "The Wondering Tiger" set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom