Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logarius, the robot monk
:^)
20200102_192928.png

Greetings Terrarians!

The development team at Re-Logic were having a chat the other day about just how creative the Terraria community is - from art to music to in-game creations, you all are simply amazing. That got us to thinking... what better way to reward that creativity in the final Journey's End update than to give all of you creative geniuses a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your very own vanity armor design into the game itself?

That's right - we are giving everyone a chance to submit their own original ideas for Terraria Vanity Armor/Outfits (Head/Torso/Legs), and the winners will see their ideas make it into the game for the Journey's End update! This is your chance to design your own brand new vanity outfit that you'd like to see added to the game! This is sort of like finding that golden ticket and getting to visit the chocolate factory, except there is no tour and no lifetime supply of chocolate... only fame and glory and bragging rights forever listed in one of the best video games ever crafted.

As you might imagine, there are some rules and guidelines and such that are important for you to follow - however, inside of these guidelines, have at it! Anything your minds can dream up, we want to hear about it!

You can also check out the Contest Submission Thread to see current submissions!
Please note! ALL SUBMISSIONS must be posted in the submission thread! If they are only posted in this thread, they will not be considered valid!

index.php

GUIDELINES & RULES
WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in the contest submission thread! Entries MUST be posted in the submission thread to be considered valid submissions! If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in this thread, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

HOW WILL THE WINNERS BE SELECTED?
  • The Re-Logic team will select a list of finalists from all of the entries that are submitted by 11:59pm Eastern on April 13, 2020. If this thread is locked, you are too late!
  • We will reveal the finalists on the Weekly Stream later that week (April 17th) , and then we will post them here after the stream.
  • These finalists will be submitted for a community vote across all of our community platforms (TCF, Social Media, Discord, etc) - voting will commence after the reveal steam and conclude in one week, on April 24th. Voting instructions will be provided at that time.
  • There will be no more than three (3) winning entries.

HECK YEAH, I WON! NOW WHAT?
  • Re-Logic will directly contact the winners so that we can begin the process of adding your design into the game.
  • Please note that some creative license in regards to the interpretation on behalf of our artists is expected - so be flexible. (don't worry, we will make it amazing)
  • Re-Logic will have the final say on approval for the winning designs (actual art and text going in-game)
  • The winner's name will be included in some way in the tooltip and/or naming for the item, so that you can always pull it up in game to brag to your buddies. :cool:
  • Once we arrive on a final design, just wait for the day when Journey's End arrives and you can run around in your very own vanity creation!

LEGAL STUFF
  • By participating in the contest, you agree to relinquish all rights to your vanity design to Re-Logic for inclusion into the game. Winners will be required to sign a document to that effect.
  • If you are under the legal age to sign legal documents in your country (eg. Under 18 in most countries), you will need your parent or guardian to sign as well - so be sure to get that permission in advance! :)

index.php
A simple concept I made, I always liked the idea of this kind of thing. Since the game is ending, I think the evil biomes could combine into a neat evil vanity set. I'd say it's a novelty you get after beating the final boss, like the portal gun from the Moon Lord. Sort of a tribute to the game, since they're so iconic.

Attachments

• Elementalist.png
    Elementalist.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 150

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Attachments

• terraira man.png
    terraira man.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 209
It is the target guy, maybe I misspelled some things, I am not that good at english but here I am. Well I think the image explains by itself, so thank you a lot for letting fans to participate in the game as well. I made this image in the first program I have available, Paint 3D, so thats it, I send luck to all of you. :D

Attachments

• Target Guy4.png
    Target Guy4.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 195
Ah Yes, The Legendary Salad Man.png

Ah yes, the legendary Salad Man.

The head is of course a bowl containing the wonderful munchie leafy material.

His leather shirt, not much to say other than it's made of leather and is brown.

His leather belt and shorts exposing his leafy greens and his steel toed leather boots.

He is The Legendary Salad Man, running for Community Terraria Skin Presidency. If he is elected, he won't do much but you too will be able to be the Salad Man, however not The Legendary Salad Man.

May I present: the Elegant Thief Set!

This vanity set is based on the gentleman thief trope, the classic handsome rogue who is often a force of chaotic good. Famous examples include Westley from The Princess Bride, Flynn Rider from Tangled, and Robin Hood.

Elegant Thief Set Concept.png

I wanted to design a vanity for a character who was charismatic, sleek, and mysterious. Hence the fancy clothes, the dark cloak, and the signature masquerade mask. Terraria doesn’t really have anything of this style, and I thought it would be a great way to implement a mask and a cloak that could potentially be used for other vanity creations as well. I included thinner pants too, because it fits the concept of an agile character (the male character’s legs can be so darn thicc sometimes). In addition, with this set being inspired by rogue and ninja-like characters, it could also serve as a reference of sorts to the removal of the throwing class (may it rest in peace :().

Elegant Thief Set.png

The mask could also potentially be a vanity accessory for the face so it could be combined with hats, but I'm unsure if that falls outside the bounds of this contest.

**Edited to include concept art and a better description.

Last edited:
QUARANTINE THE CRIMSON!

Not the most creative, but it was inevitable, I'm sorry.
Thought it's relevant to what's happening around the world right now, and it'd work well with the decontamination of the world evils :zombie: (Also because I would love a gas mask for terraria) 😅
Coronaria.JPG

Top row is supposed to be with medical gloves and shoe covers, going together with a hazmat suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom