Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the set attached to a basic mannequin. The name of the set is "Warrior Kimono". Good luck to all
Warrior Kimono.png

Hello guys, I’m a high school student in China. here’s my design.

I take black, white and yellow for my creation.

The idea of designing a hockey boy comes from the fact that I’m myself a hockey player, and Terraria and Hockey are the only two things I pay my full attention to. So I decided to combine my two interests together.

The helmet is a little big, but that is not the most important question, right?

I’m not a very good drawer, though. But I’m confident that I did my best.

Hope that my dream will come true.

hockey boy.png
Hockey boy .png

截屏2020-03-17下午1.26.24.png

Attachments

• Hockey Boy.pdf
    481.9 KB · Views: 98
Terraria Submission - Futuristic Knight.png
Sprite-0001.png
Sprite-0002.png
Sprite-0003.png

This is my submission! I call it Mechano Knight. This set includes a futuristic helmet with two "spikes" poking out at the back, accompanied by a metallic torso piece and leg piece (there is a yellow stripe on each leg). Considering pixel are really isn't my forte, I think my piece turned out pretty good! I hope you guys like my creation as much as I do. Best of luck to everyone! :)

Last edited:
The Bandit Set
-
The set is a western bandit style set. The head is a red bandanna and a black cowboy hat. The torso is basically a black poncho. The legs are just black boots with a spur at the back/end.

Attachments

• bs t.png
    bs t.png
    764.7 KB · Views: 121
Hello to all,

Here is my submission, titled Eater of Darkness
terrariaTheEaterOfDarkness.png

• The orb above the crown and the sternum are intended to have a dark red glow
  • the spikes are meant to be teeth, inspired by demon altars.
  • The color palette is purples and reds, reflecting both corruption and crimson
  • The chest piece is intended to look like a ribcage
  • perhaps have claw-like gauntlets
[EDIT]: I originally posted more since this was part of a bigger idea, but as much as I like the entire idea, I was not complying with the submission direction. So instead, i'll post any extra info regarding my entry in the Announcement thread for fun! (and perhaps shameless self-advertising. I know, i'm a monster 😇)

Many thanks for the event and best of luck to the entries! <3

Last edited:
Mannequin_(placed)-Recovered.gif
[Vanity doesn't have any bonuses] Vanity name : Slime Punk ( Boiled/galaxy )
Author : Over_Blue ( Abdul Aziiz Imampoero ) : INDONESIAN :
Vanity drop from : Slime King ( 2.05% ) or natural generated slime / event slime ( 0.25% )
Vanity included : Custom animation while moving or standing
Concept : Combine Steampunk Classic custom and Slime into one
future add if win : Splash Effect ( Moving/Landing/Perform Action ) , Light effect on ear .
Note : feel The Power of Slime in your handy game and bring enemy into the wet war!

Attachments

• IMG_20200317_124210_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200317_124210_HDR.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20200317_124233_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200317_124233_HDR.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 90
Since this is the last major update, I wanted the long lasting taste of victory from our not-so-great battle with the upper half of the Moon Lord, since the weapons and trophies weren't enough. So instead of down scaling the Moon Lord's head to be used as a mask, why not get a vanity set that's infected by the MOON- well, not the moon, but the moon LORD. idk if its leeches can actually infect or not but whatever.

Here's a concept pixel art of the Vanity Set, I'm leaving the proper sprites to you guys :D

Screenshot (74).png

Vanity Set Name: Moon Leeched Set

Moon Leeched Eye:
Equipable
Vanity item
"It's looking at... you? No, maybe it's looking at that large glass wall?"

Moon Leeched Chest:
Equipable
Vanity Item
"This armor piece is useless in terms of defensive capabilities, but hey, it looks cool."

Moon Leeched Shoes:
Equipable
Vanity Item
"Be the Lovecraftian Tentacle Monster you always wanted to be, albeit smaller."

Notes:
The entire eye is glow in the dark, and always looks at YOU (4th Wall)
Purchasable from the clothier after killing all bosses in a crimson/corrupted world (5 Gold per set piece). Why the clothier has it, you guys decide.

Caustic Armor
The Bones of the Caustic One
Vanity Set

T_C_Sprite.png

CA_Pieces.png

- Caustic Mask
- Caustic Chestpiece
- Caustic Leggings
Caustic Armor is made from the armor, bones and skin of a creature known as The Caustic One, a large venomous bug-dinosaur that may or may not have existed in Terraria's past.

The theme of the armor consists of Venom and Bones.

Caustic Armor.png

The armor's features consist of
  • Hand claws for injecting venom, made from the creature's teeth
  • A mask with the creature's carved face including its' fangs​
  • A chestpiece that has venom flowing within it, shown by the Y shape
  • The creature's fur tuft on the back of the mask, around the neck and back​
  • The creature's claws hanging on the hips of the armor and hollowed out as boots​
  • Venom that glows​
(All for show, of course ;))

I had a fun time creating this set, I felt there was a bit of a lack of 'venomous looking' sets in Terraria, so I felt my entry could fill that small part in some more. Cursed flames may have also played an inspiration. :)

This is a full body fire outfit and it's called the Flame set with the Flame mask, the Flame shirt, and the Flame pants. This set could possibly be dropped rarely by an underworld enemy or be crafted with living fire blocks.

Drawing.jpeg

Hey there! Huge fan..! Been playing since 2011/2012, it's been such a fulfilling journey to see this game evolve above and beyond any standards I could ever possibly have and let me tell you that this contest is an opportunity for me to make one of my dreams come true! To be immortalized into this gem of a game would be an honor.

Now, I'm no pixel artist but I tried replicating a bit of Terraria's charm into how I drew the character.
Here's my "Forlorn Wayfarer" Set!! I'm still torn between the 1st and 4th color palette, though I'm sure I'll have it figured out by the time this contest is done.
Crop1.png

(The 0 one was just for testing Grayscale. For the 1st one I tried and mixed the flagship colors of Terraria, grass and dirt with a deep blue reminiscing watery depths).
Crop2.png

(2 is more Blood Moon inspired while I find the 3rd one has more of a desert oasis vibe).
Crop3.png

(The 4th has definitely a more northern vibe which I really like, while the 5th is an attempt at combining the Crimson and the Corruption color wise).
Crop4.png

(Here are the gender variants of the "helmet/wig", or would it be more of an additional hairstyle? At the devs' discretion).

I picture the banner wrapped around the waist flowing alongside the legs of the character, a bit like the coat of the arms dealer and if possible maybe the fur could wiggle as the character walks/runs (and maybe both could be wiggling during windy days??)
Hope you enjoy!
Lots of love from Canada.

Last edited:
My Vanity would be called the knights armor. I Think this would be a good addition to the game for the reason the many builds are based or built in mid evil style so why not have a vanity to go with it! My idea for obtaining it is that blood zombies would have a 1% chance to drop one piece. Almost as if the blood zombies were humans living in a great kingdom that then was over run by the monsters of the night and infected every one. Some of the blood zombies still have there armor to this day...

I think this is a great idea and I hope you do to!
57578025-D4E3-452D-A5D5-2FC67AECF50A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom