• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ompperei

Terrarian

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
FIRST OF ALL, I don't know what happened with the background but we must deal with it. But today I present you, Tikru the cat! I know it's a weird name but I used to have a cat named Tikru.
He is a white cat (the real life one wasn't white though) and he has a blue collar and blue shoes. He does look scarily very humanoid, but my skills to draw a cat in pixel art is as impossible as getting the nymph banner! This was drawn in some free pixel art website, well maybe that explains the background.
But anyways, here is my entry.

Attachments

enderION

Terrarian
So...i tried using the remains of the Wall of Flesh to create a new vanity set, and this is the first thing i came up with:

RemnantOfTheWall.png

Also please note: Shortly after that part of WoF (you can see that eye right?) regains conciousness it tries to turn the set into armor - and fails miserably, accidently swallowing your soul in the process. While it may take some time after that, once it's over you're gonna be best buds.

PS: Do not be deceived by the look of the bone plates, Smador managed to make them quite stretchy.

dotFortune

Terrarian
Ok, this has probably been posted somewhere far back in this thread but I'm too lazy to check.

My idea is an japanese lucky cat, nothing too special but still quite cool/iconic/whatever i think.

Cat-Terraria-Thing.png

Here's my take on the thing (I think i did pretty good for a mouse+ms paint honestly),
Head
Happy eyes, two small thingies as eyebrows, cat mustasche feeler thingies, and ofc ears - one of them black. And a red nose.

Torso
Red paw on stomach and a red bell necklace thingy. Some black-brown larger dots like shown in pic. Arms with paws.

Pants
Tail! And then legs with paws and the same black-brown large dot thingy.

It should be quite chonky, not a thin cat. But not as chonky as the pumpkin armor. (Imagine one of the mascotsuits that childrens-fun-places-hotels have)
A bell sound when hurt/walking/doing something would be cool.
Extra super cool if player animation become like a cat when walking, but maybe thats too cool.

Remember to make the face look like it's stoned with the eyes and smug smile, thats important to these cats.

jQsh

Terrarian

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
Thanks for your consideration & the contest opportunity :)

Elementalist Armor.jpg

Alzuik

Terrarian
A long time ago, I made this pixel art and used muramasa as an easter egg, but I think now it would be a good idea to share this pixel art with the community
my idea is a female samurai (ok, it may not look like a samurai, but I really liked the result), wearing armor that looks like a dress and a steel mesh underneath and with a hem at the waist (not required if approved to enter the game :D )
(google translator)
samurai minha ideia.png
Screenshot_1.png

OnlyHoki

Terrarian
Forgotten Guardian
In ancient times when plantera was first born a lone guardian had been self assigned to the position of preventing the overgrowth of plantera herself.
This Guardian had continuously stopped the neverending onslaught of the growing jungles, crimson, corruption, and hollow.
In the midst of his greatest battle against the natural elements the Guardian had been slowly petrified due to his constant interactions with deadly flora and fauna.
As the petrification had slowly taken place on the body of the Guardian it was soon seen as just another statue among the caverns.
Due to the long state of its Petrification it had been forgotten over time and many generations. It seems to be unknown to even the Order of the Guides.
In Modern Terrarian times The Guardian's original petrified Armor can be found in the jungle almost disguising itself as a regular statue.

both.PNG

-
Both Helmet Variants work
-Left helmet has a Cyan gem as the main eye
-Right Helmet has basic eye and mouth carvings onto the armor (Favored design)

This Old armor is merely cosmetic now as it has been petrified for many years.

The armor looks to be a simple set of plate armor with overgrown vines
The Helmet seems to be the same type of armor but in addition has two horns on either side possibly coming from a large monsters teeth

"Heroes can be forgotten, and legends tend to die."

Last edited:

Cobahlt

Terrarian
The Templar Set

Classic Templar garb, white tunic with a cross, the cloak-type thing does not have to be included, if not the arm is dark grey chainmail (same as the legs) and the gloves are the same color as the helmet and same design as the vanilla metal armors.
20200324_180750.jpg

Palbrandt

Terrarian
Terraria Mycosuit Final-1.png(1).png
Terraria Mycosuit Final-1.png.png

Just as a placeholder, I'm calling this the "Mycosuit"

There's some obvious inspiration here, but mushrooms are sick and it'd be cool to see more of that aesthetic in the game. The goal of this was not to make a Truffle cosplay set, but to make a set that lets the player individualize themselves from him while still looking like his species and leaving the option of wearing armor. I've never done pixel art before and I don't know exactly how terraria's vanity system works, so there might be some changes for the final version if this gets chosen - that's totally fine. There are some issues I have with the current model that may need to be fixed depending on if they actually cause problems as vanity items and a few options to the current model if everything stays as-is. They are as follows:

POSSIBLE CHANGES:

- The four light blue pixels are directly on top of the normal PC eye. It may be possible for these pixels to be hollow to allow for emoting, though difference in skin tone may make this look weird.
-The face may be removed entirely, as the cap of the mushroom works well as a standalone hat. While this wouldn't work with the rest of the outfit, even just wearing a mushroom hat like this could make for some cool vanity combos using dyes.
-The very back of the cap overlaps the shoulder. By default, I think Terraria places head vanity above chest, but I drew this as is to create a sense of depth. I think it looks fine either way, but wanted to show this as an option

POSSIBLE ISSUES:

- The head does not account for the nose of the PC model. If left as-is (and not made into the hat mentioned above), it would have to be either shifted forward or replace/alter the sprite underneath to not have a nose sticking out the front.
- There are similar sprite changes throughout the model. These were made to slim the charachter to a more lanky and "Truffle-like" appearance, but would only work if they replaced their respective body part sprite in a similar way to the Djinn's Curse. However, they do appear to be compatible with other vanity items, making them not seem too out of place when not worn as a full set. The parts that are slimmed down are the nose, shoulders, front upper chest, hands, top of front leg, and all of back leg.
- I've always seem Truffle as having not an eye, but a sunken, glowing depression. I'm not which this sprite conveys better in its current form.

As stated above, any changes the official Terraria artists make to this are totally fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom