Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armor Set.png
Terraria entry.png
Concept art.png

Sorry for sutch large images but here is my submition. It is the clothing of a Mariachi Band instrumentalist. I hope I get the dub🙏🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺 *DOOT*

So I understand that This is a vanity contest, but the rules didn't say anything about no armour, so I created a new high tier armour set.
I noticed that luminite was only in armour sets with one fragment and there was no Luminite only set -or a set that combined all the elements of each lunar pillar, so that's what I created much of the design is based off sprites already in Terraria and is sprited 1:1 with in game pixels.
In the image I go into depth about how to craft and where, what the set and single piece bonuses will be, the defence stats, each of the colour palettes (except for ancient manipulator) and the design in general. i understand that it is highly unlikely that this set will be chosen due to all the other amazing submissions and the facts that it is an armour set instead of a vanity piece but I believe I still have a chance to win. :)
I do not have any fancy concept art or anything like that but what I do have is belief that you all at re-logic will make the right decision about which vanity set(/armour) will end up in the game. and by chance if you do by chance choose my artwork to be entered into the game, feel free to change the stats and piece bonuses as they may be under powered or overpowered for certain classes. (I don't play much variety of classes.) The goal of my set is to create a set every class of players will enjoy playing with and that everything in game can be fairly balanced (except for water bolt and Daedalus stormbow & holy arrows.)

I hope whoever is reading this has a great day and good luck in winning the competition.
Thank you for considering my ideas re-logic I really appreciate it and hope the best for all staff and Terraria itself, thanks! :happy:

TLDR: most information can be found in the picture, thanks for reading!

P.S. I do not have Tooltips currently but the set is called 'Lunar armour'
and the pieces are called Lunar helmet, Lunar breastplate and Lunar Pants.

P.P.S. Re-Logic if you do see this please add a craftable Plantera spawner, please!
lunar armour Terraria vanity contest.PNG

Created by Lellow

Last edited:

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
IMG_20200325_171528572.jpg

I drew this and wanted to submit it because I wanted to see it pixelated and because I love Terraria! I want to thank the people at
Re-Logic for this magnificent game!

Hello, Re-logic this is my submission since I've never ever made a sprite before it was really challenging for me so I hope you guys like it!
I call it the burger man I made it because I really liked the idea of having a burger character inside terraria it has: burger head, fries shirt, and cola pants!
it's like a mascot
I hope this will be in terraria <3

Attachments

• my masterpiece.png
    my masterpiece.png
    729 bytes · Views: 131
My submission is, SC Hazmat.
It's based off an interest of hazmat themed gear, or like PPE gear.
-SC Hazmat Mask
-SC Hazmat Torso
-SC Hazmat Legs

I took inspiration for the stripes from caution tape, and the darker aesthetic so the yellow stands out a bit more so it puts emphasis on the hazmat concept of the sleeves.

Attachments

• DzP5dmxXgAEA0yk.png
    DzP5dmxXgAEA0yk.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 106
20200324_145603.jpg

This is the concept art for my vanity submission. The set name would be called, "Set of the Divine". The head shouldnt produce helpful light, but should give the illusion that it produces light. The head could produce however much light you people see fit.

I have created some lore, name and tooltips, and special possibilities if you wear the set.

-Lore of Divine:
The Divine were similar to humans, but not exactly alike. While their bodies were the same, they had a few differences. First, their strength was superhuman. Second, their skull wasnt attached to their head, but instead floating without a neck and produces light. Finally, their natural magic abilities were incredible.
The Divine are people on a different level than our terraria characters. They possess magic powers useable without a catalyst, have immense strength, and are very skilled in their crafts. They weren't immortals, but instead they were a group of people. Most similarly compared to the Spartans of our world. This tough warrior race thrived on their ability to fight. They were skilled with bows, strong enough to carry heavy weaponry, have a strong sense with magic, and can even lead armies to fight alongside them.
The gear of the Divine wore was crafted by themselves. Their smith's were so skilled, no living man can forge the metal they used. Their armor is of perfect creation, each one created of some type of white metal, while armor of generals get a gold lining to their armor. Their weapons varies from bows to great swords to hammers. They are skilled in each weapon. While they can cast magic without any type of catalyst, using staffs they created helped them concentrate their power, enhancing their magic.
Before the dryads were formed to fight the moonlord is the time the Divine. No man could stand up to their rule, and they dominated the very world you stand on. Unlike most people with power, the Divine protected the world instead of destroy others. They tried keeping the people of the world safe from otherworldly creatures, often times taking actions against the crimson (or corruption) trying to minimize it as much as possible. Though as they got stronger, they became more of a target. The moonlord, the one who was created to end mortal life, is the one who put end to the Divine. As the moonlord was created to destroy mortals, finding out mortals became strong enough to dominate a world quickly put him to work. The Divine were obliterated, with no more trace of them. The dryads soon formed after, and are the only group that could possibly remember the Divine.

-Possible armor names and tooltips:

Headpiece:
Name: Divine's Blessing
Tooltip: A blessing that made the Divine super human. Though after these years, its light grows dim.

Chestpiece:
Name: Divine's Armor
Tooltip: Armor of the Divine. The armor is skillfully made, and has golden lining.

Leggings:
Name: Divine's Leggings
Tooltip: Leggings of the Divine. The leggings are skillfully made, and has golden lining.

-Other possible traits:
When talking to the dryad, maybe she could remember the Divine and give custom voice lines if you are wearing the vanity set.

"Where did you find that? I thought it was all destroyed."
As a calling that she recognizes the armor you are wearing.

"Wearing the armor of a general, maybe you are aging better than I once believed."
To let the player know this armor is made for generals, and as a callback to a previous quote.

"The Divine, that bring back memories. Immortals can die, but unlike mortals they come back. Oh how I wait for their return."
To show the dryad was fond of the Divine, and how she wishes for them to come back.

"Oh how days were more peaceful in the time of the Divine"
To show more fondness for the Divine.

Finally, I would like to thank you for giving us this competition. I greatly appreciate even a chance for my creation to be added, and can't wait to see what you guys add.

Last edited:
This was all created by me. Also it's a jester costume because I thought that since there could be a king why not a jester. The jester costumes name is Dōkeshi Japanese for Jester. Please note that the torso and helmet is not in the perspective that you guys like.

Attachments

• 2020-03-25_16.58.21.png
    2020-03-25_16.58.21.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 140
Hello guys, finally my turn to submit.

So, I would like that skull that we wear on the head, obtained through the skeleton enemy, to form part of a Skeleton Set!

This is the Skeleton set, which includes two sprites, one made by myself, and the other made by @Huzbubber Tim:
Skeleton Set.png(Thumbnail, made by me)
Skellyton Vanity.png
(Made by @Huzbubber Tim)
Skeleton Set.png
(Full Image, made by me)

This is it, this is my submission and this is what I want included in the game.

I wish the participants luck!

1585178306047.png

The Dark Wizard Set
Consists of just robes and a hat. When the player has the entire set equipped, their eyes will turn dark red. This would not change if the player dyes either or both of the vanity items.
Sorry that the sprites look blurry since it's scaled up, but the pixels are exactly 1:1 when you download it
1585178515622.png
Dark Wizard Hat
1585178624545.png
Dark Wizard Robe

heaven_striker_sub.png
vanity set I made, I call it heaven striker, I included the inventory sprites and the seperate armor player pieces just in case :)
If anyone for would like to contact me I can be contacted on discord, my username is Potat#3929
(Please tell me if I'm missing anything for submitting this)
(Edit: an alternate name could also be the Heaven Emissary set, if that's prefered)

Last edited:
I call this.

Star Hero? Maybe just to avoid the obvious

Its a Star Wars Padawan.

Hood comes with Padwan tail on the side that dangles (dark brown peice with hair tie towards the tip)

Coat and shirt and belt that is long going down to the pants.

Dark pants

black boots

thought itd be cool to go along with the phaseblade/phasesaber

Attachments

• TerrariaSprite.png
    TerrariaSprite.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
jesse's terraria thing.jpg
So this is my vanity idea they're wearing glasses and that's a hoodie just to clarify. when they walk i imagine they would start to glitch ill get to the story in a bit. the name is not fully decided yet but ideas i have are the traveler or spectator you can choose or you can help me decide a different one. so the story is they come from a universe full of creativity and questions But that's not it with enough training people can create realitys. they wanted to learn how to do this so they went to study other peoples realitys but as they studied more they hit a road block that was not being able to enter the realitys them self they could not feel how life felt there so through experiments they found away to break into realitys they chooses to change their style so they dosen't look like a threat and left to the first reality that came across their mind terraira. that's the end of my story i made for it oh and the glitch effect is because i felt it would go with it so i hope you like it Jesse out. my discord is HeroJesse#8824

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom