Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
I made a hazmat suit.. It can be any color but the most known one is yellow so i used that. I tried to draw the biological hazard symbol but failed ; I also want it smaller but i drew it like that so i could draw it better. The symbol doesn't have to be on that spot. The in game text could say "Great for going outside!" in reference of whats happening right now in the world. It also has an oxygen tank. It would be cool if you could see the characters head while using this vanity set as seen in the drawing, if not possible then just a solid color would do.
Hazmat suit Terraria.png

Lihzahrd scaled b.png

Concept: The Heroic Lihzahrd

Ever since the creation of the jungle temple, I've wanted an official way to play as the temple's primary occupants, the lihzahrds. Their design has always sparked my imagination and I would consider it a dream come true to have this in the game.

Possible acquisition: Purchased from Witch Doctor
Dye effect: Alters scale color
Eye color visible through the costume

Head -
Lihzahrd head (replaces helmet sprite)
Body - Idea 1 (Pictured): Cosmetic only changes the character's arms while keeping their armor visible. Idea 2: Wears a similar outfit to the lihzahrds in the temple.
Legs - Idea 1 (Pictured): Cosmetic adds a tail to already-existent armor. Idea 2: Wears a similar outfit to the lihzahrds in the temple.

(The pictured concept is of the first idea; having the costume appear over the worn body armor. I'm definitely flexible on all of the ideas presented here.)

As for what's going on in the picture, the hero character has just arrived in the Jungle Temple for the first time and has begun exploring; unaware of the monsters in the jungle temple, who appear to not be pleased about the intrusion.

The hero is wearing Shroomite Armor, carrying an Ultrabright Torch, and has a True Night's Edge at the ready. Why not a Terra Blade? ...No reason; I just think the True Night's Edge looks cooler for the picture. Maybe they didn't get the second Broken Hero's Sword for the True Excalibur yet. XD

(Optional extra feature idea: I know this is designed to be a vanity set, but I figured it couldn't hurt to also offer the idea of letting the player run on all fours in order to move a little quicker without a mount - likely pressing the mount button without one equipped - and go through smaller passages. I admit this would be a bit weird to implement, so even if that admittedly silly idea weren't added, seeing this in the game I love would still be one of the greatest honors of my life.)

Please feel free to DM me with any questions or comments if needed.

Vanir from Konosuba. I get the whole "Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected," thing but hey, 'quite likely,' means i got a chance.
Aha.png

Ahaa.png

It's his purple suit and the mask as the vanity head slot. The character himself has slicked-back, purple hair but just the mask with the character's own hair would work as well.
Head - Mask (with or without the hair)
Torso - Coat
Bottom - Trousers

Hoping for the W.

Hello Terraria Community! I wanted to show you my “SpellSlinga” Outfit. I Spent A Lot Of Time Thinking, I Really Don’t Know What People Like Now. I Just Really Hope People Actually Care About This. I’d Be Amazing If You Guys Could Show Some Love For This Post! - Chippy Couch Gang, Guiyu

Attachments

• 78E214CE-4741-45B7-90AF-EA080FD09820.jpeg
    78E214CE-4741-45B7-90AF-EA080FD09820.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 74
2kterraria final.png

This is not two characters, this is a half angel half demon. When the players character moves to the right the angel will be showing, and when the player walks to the left the demon side will be showing. The angel has particle effects around the halo, and the demon side has fire effects in sync with its footsteps.

The squiggle on the right is a possible tail, the wings up top could become part of the skin if accessories are not aloud. Wings and tail were left detached as possible additions.

The demon on the far right with the hoofs is my final submission for the demon side, and I did not change the angel.

I thought maybe the angels hair could be in sync with the players avatar if not to much of a hassle, and make only the halo with particles appear on the characters head. If not, there can be a preset hairstyle.

I thought this would be a cool spin on the normal vanity items, you would only need to make the left and right character models be different, then based on which way the players character is facing would change its appearance and possible particle effect.

Or if not direction based, the skin could change based on in-game altitude. This could make it to where you're a demon in hell and an angel in the sky and normal on the ground level. This could be another possible mechanic if the first doesn't work.

I was thinking possibly naming it the duality

IMG_20200326_204734.jpg

HEAD
description: the head of a dragon you slayed in a ferocious battle.
CHESTPLATE
description: forged from the scales of one of the mightiest dragons.(necklace is part of chestplate)
LEGS
description: made out of the scales of another powerful dragon of legend.

NAME
THE DRAGONMASTER SET

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_204734.jpg
    IMG_20200326_204734.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200326_205131.jpg
    20200326_205131.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20200326_205136.jpg
    20200326_205136.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 92
This is a bad drawing but it works.
This is a vacation set that is kind of inspired by the name of the update "journeys end". When someone is done with a journey, they take a break and maybe go on vacation.
Terariavanity.jpg

-(that is supposed to be a palm tree in a sand island on the shirt)

a thing i designed based off of a character i created but i turned it into a cool slime monster

Attachments

• concept-slimemonster.png
    concept-slimemonster.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 86
img_202022623241.png
Screenshot_2020-03-26-22-51-27~2.png
This my thing its called the G.B. never will say the full name of it. But it is supposed to be 1 point for each piece, and it is a 4 bonus complete set and you will pull your hands out of the pockets. And you will just use your weapons like normal. Materials will be wool and iron for chest, and bottom. But iron and glass for the mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom