Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure I wanted to participate due to my drawing skills but when I look at the other contestants' drawing and seeing they tried inspired me to jump in.
Anyway, onto the vanity set I want to see appear in Terraria :
Rainbiome.jpg
The idea behind the Rainbiome set is to represent most (if not all) biomes :

- The Rainbiome Crown represents Space, with Floating lakes and islands as well as a meteor. These three pieces spin around the player when they walk or run, similar to the fish in the fish bowl when equipped ;

- The Rainbiome Breastplate & Cape (name still pending) represent the Dungeon, Desert, Ocean, Mushroom, Snow/Ice, Marble, Forest/Purity, Jungle, Corruption, Hallow and Crimson Biomes. While it is hard for me to represent here, I was thinking of a cape trailing behind the player so that the breastplate can show better with all its colors ;

- The Rainbiome Leggins represent the Underground/Caverns (Granite as kneepads) and Underworld Biomes. Once again, hard for me to represent but the legging are "Melting", which means they get increasingly thicker (and hotter) the lower we go.

Having all 3 pieces equipped would make the crown give off cloudy particles, the cape shed leaves and the leggings splash some lava droplets around the feet as the player moves around.

I wish I were good at art so I could better get my idea's point across but I am hoping the spirit of Terraria imbued in this Vanity Set will make it so it gets included in the game.

Thank you for reviewing my submission ! Good luck to all other contestants ! :indifferent:

heres my submission
1585641948176-419825562.jpg
meet topia hero

By the way,the pants is full grey

The arm and hands are also grey

The arm and hands are also grey

A cool idea i would like to share is a space suit you get as an endgame item this piece is of a mint x strawberry suit i always loved those ice cream flavors and i find it to be my aesthetic. I think either this should be a drop from the martian madness event or a moon lord drop since they're space related Im not too sure where it could fit but i would love to see this come to fruition!

pixil-frame-0 (2).png

Daiekin, the Harbinger
Full Body.png

--Lore--
As the creation, came the first war..
Angels vs. Demons, Heaven vs. Hell..
Legends told that the great army of Hell was led by the greatest warrior ever born, Daiekin, son of Mendiir.
After the army was defeated, he ran towards Heavens Gates to penetrate it, with no luck on his side.
He got captured in the great city of Elvonar, and held in the prison of Elvonar, got chained by Gabriel itself.
He slept for millenia, the city died, the prison didn't, every prisoner died, Daiekin didn't.
Mendiir died and with his energy released Daiekin can finally be free...
Wonder what he brings?...
So, he is my entry for the contest.
Head.png

Chestpiece.png

Leggings.png

You may wonder, whats that thing on his arm?
Chains of Elvonar.png
These are the Chains of Elvonar, he carries these with him, so everyone knows where is he from..
(PS, if not possible, i got a version where its removed)
Anyway, thanks for checking out my entry!
Stay safe! :)

Attachments

• Chestpiece (no chains).png
    Chestpiece (no chains).png
    565 bytes · Views: 118
this will be my final design the kraken outfit vanity obtainable after defeating an aquatic boss/miniboss
kraken outfi.png

i know it is small i designed it on a original sized terraria default male character
it can be made better if it somehow makes it to the finale
i worked really hard on it but i am bad designer lol

"Twilight armor"
it implies a heavy armor in dark purple tones that feeds energy from the crystal on top of the mask
((it may also contain a special effect at night))

Attachments

• twylight armor2.jpg
    twylight armor2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 135
  • twilight armor.png
    twilight armor.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 142
  • twilight armor.jpg
    twilight armor.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 110
terraria skin.png

This is a rough concept of some sort of black tactical robot suit, I think it'd be cool as an armor set with a bunch of set bonuses, but hey ho, this is a vanity contest and I still love this opportunity.

It could be bought from the Cyborg under certain special circumstances like beating after beating the Moonlord and it's a solar eclipse, or maybe you don't buy it but there are special quests you must do in order to unlock it, like the Angler except cool Cyborg quests.

Anyway I wish luck to everyone else and I am looking forward to seeing the result and new content coming to the game!

Last edited:
An approximate concept of my suit. My skills in drawing sprites are bad, so I will write the whole point, because I DO NOT AGAINST IF IT WILL CHANGE, BUT ON THE FOLLOWING TEXT CONCEPT:

The most important thing is the skull on the head and eyes-lights (do not glow, but are visible in the dark)

I like the dark blue palette, but I support any, the main thing is that it be dark and match the dark image of the necromancer

and last, but not least, protruding bones and ribs. I think it will work out better for you to do something half-rotten, I don’t know how to draw sprites, I'm sorry.

Actually, these are all important details, the rest can be changed as you like, be it a shape, a type of a skull or anything else. I would like to see this costume on a summoner and / or magician!
I want you to call it "Rotten Messiah suit"
20200331_185812.jpg

Hello terrarians!

First time i saw this contest I wasn't thinking that i would be a part of it, but now I decided to try and make something that i would just enjoy by myself. Hope you guys will like it too
So here it is- "Harpy" or "Wyvern hunter" vanity set! I wasn't sure about the name, so I put all my suggestions here

This costume was made especially for those, who enjoy wyvern hunting and really love the feel of freedom and wind in their hair! (Parachute not included)

Actually i was thinking about making his suit glider-like, but i didn't really know how it would look
Colour for that costume i did pick from harpy itself, so yeah, just letting you know
I really enjoyed drawing this piece, that was really cool experience (even tho i don't really enjoy the linework here)

Bruh, I love terraria so much, I was playing it really much on many platforms, solo and with my friends, and I still play it nowadays, so-o I'm pretty nervous about this stuff I made, hope I'll be one of the lucky ones!
I wish everyone a good luck!
A-and goodbye, yeah
Thanks for reading my scribbles <3:redspin:<3

Гарпия.jpg

im not an artist but heres mine!

its called hawking effect armor made in atient manipulator

buff:blackhole orb will protect you

blackhole orb will protect the player by shooting a deadly stream of laser that lasts for 3 seconds and has a cooldown of 5

armor.png

Design based of Cthulu, eye is missing and brain exposed as a reference to the bosses directly linked to it.

Not sure if obtaining is part of the guidelines but an idea I had is using demonite, crimtane, shadow scales and heart tissue to make it, so you'd have to kill the eye of cthulu, eater of worlds and brain of cthulu on separate worlds. Luminite or something else hardmode/post moonlord as well, since that'd probably be too easy.

Attachments

• Terraria Cthulu Vanity.png
    Terraria Cthulu Vanity.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
The idea is black liquid pouring from the eyes and mouth and black veins through out the players body
I call the design the "taken void mage" The drawing was microsoft paint so dont look at it to much but the pixle art gets more of the idea but still sucks. and since i suck at both pixle art and drawing this is subject to a lot of change. also the hair is just placeholder it can be any hair.

Attachments

• Void.png
    Void.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 2 void.png
    2 void.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom