Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this is called the Tsunami Warrior set. It is obtained from the clothier for 1 platinum and 50 gold (each piece being 50 gold) once the player has received the Tsunami bow from Duke Fishron, and this costume also looks like Duke Fishron. :D
1585870807964.png
-Made on CLIP STUDIO PAINT Pro
Features= The scarf and tail will blow in the wind, if there is any. Water droplet effects will come from the tail and scarf, and near the torso, you can see the Tsunami bow. This shows the player has (probably) gotten the bow itself, because every time the player uses the bow, then the bow near the player will disappear, showing that the player does not have multiple bows. If the player does, then, I don't know. XD

This looks like Duke Fishron in, the highest order. (sitcom laugh noises)

Feel free to change the design as much as you'd like if it even does win. :)

Pixel Art
1586117919072.png

Also sorta relates to Lunatic Cultist's Clothier sell, the Lunar/Solar Cultist.
add as many features as you'd like! :D

Descriptions:
Tsunami Warrior Helmet: "You'd think it's just a mask until you saw the ears. And the teeth."
Tsunami Warrior Breastplate: "The mighty symbol on the chest represents the aquatic abomination."
Tsunami Warrior Greaves: "The tail so light you'd think it's made of fluffy fabric."

Last edited:
Hi this is my submission. It's the "Terraria Octopus".
terraria_octopus.png
terraria_octopus_large.png
Head, Body, Legs and all 4 combined. Maybe there should be an Octopus boss or the clothier should sell it when you kill Duke Fisheron.

IMG_20200403_133737.jpg

I am not an amazing artist but this is my submission. The best way I can describe it is a sci-fi twist on an ancient set of armour. It has a power core in the centre of the chestpiece and gauntlets that look like they have some kind of future-tech inside them. The black parts are showing where the players avatar would be seen, and in some cases are outlining where certain plates of armour meet, just to be able to tell the difference between them. The suit also has some form of crystal all over it (the small blue ones) maybe they could glow or something? (EDIT): I did some pixel art a while later. Sorry for the awful pixel art it is my first time doing it.
PixelArt.png

Last edited:
I knew exactly what I wanted to do when this contest was announced and I'm finally finished!

So here it is!
Pardon the terrible pun
5A19428E-E518-4121-A0E4-E32F8782284B.png

I wanted to make something that would go with skyware and skyplate-y things, for those who want to build their homes among the clouds or want a little something as a reward for exploring the sky in addition to the existing loot.

I'm not entirely sure how submissions are going to be implemented in the game (whether or not they'd be crafted, found, or behave like dev kits) so I decided to just go with my gut and do something that I could see fleshing out a part of the game that deserved some love.

This was a blast to design and I'm so very happy I get to be a part of this!

Here's to 1.4! 🍻

I made an artist set. Artist deserve more recognition in general so being an artist myself felt that there had to be an artist outfit

Attachments

• Artist.png
    Artist.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 102
  1. My vanity set is based off of the wonderful world of Terraria. When you walk into a different biome, the skin changes to that biome. For example: when you're on a sky island, tiny floating islands appear around the head with waterfalls. on the basic forest design there are trees and grass on the head, then for the body it's just dirt that fades into darkness. For the shoulder pads I made the same thing as the head, just without trees. For my vanity set, I want it to include every biome there is, like space, forest, snow, desert, corruption, crimson, jungle, ocean, mushroom, underworld, and the hallow. (If I forgot some biomes, include those too.) Also feel free to change the designs as much as you like especially the underworld one, that one isn't as well done as the others. (If this is too complicated, you can just do the basic forest design.)

Attachments

• forest.png
    forest.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Terrariacontest.png
    Terrariacontest.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 101
  • floating island animation appear.gif
    floating island animation appear.gif
    97.3 KB · Views: 222
  • desert biome.png
    desert biome.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 126
  • snow biome.png
    snow biome.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 98
  • jungle biome.png
    jungle biome.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 106
  • ocean.png
    ocean.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 99
  • crimson.png
    crimson.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 79
  • corruption biome.png
    corruption biome.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 122
  • mushroom biome.png
    mushroom biome.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 106
  • space biome.png
    space biome.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 91
  • underworld.png
    underworld.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 93
  • hallow biome.gif
    hallow biome.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
================================================
1585874973057.png

================================================
Inspiration for this armor set was the basis of the Titanium Armor Style.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The head/helmets of the set are all suggestions for the team to search through and pick a favorite, not all must be in the game if this is picked!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name Suggestions = Syndicate Armor, Unstable Armor, or Vehement Armor. I am also open to name suggestions by the development team!
Gimmick/Set Effect = One of these ideas could work, I am open for advice or changing as well from the team!
#1) Armor colors will cycle in short periods, White/gray to yellow/orange to red/purple to green/blue and repeat.
#2) Armor colors will change depending on depth/height of player. White/gray = Sky, Blue/Green = Surface, Purple/Red = Caves, Orange/Yellow = Underworld.
#3) Armor colors will change depending on amount of health. White/gray = 0%-25%, Orange/yellow = 26%-50%, Blue/green = 51%-75%, Red/Purple = 76%-100%
Along with these set effects, It could also leave an affect behind the player as they walk similar to the Meteor/Molten Armor.
I know all of you are working hard for this, keep it up! Thank you for taking the time to look at my submission! Have a great day!

index.php

Hey there! This is my submission, called the High Priest set. I figured I should give this a shot.

It features a yellow hood and a full-body yellow cloak with some designs on it. I am thinking about having the cloak move in the wind when the player is moving, and when the player is moving fast enough, it will open up down the middle and flap in the wind, like a big cape. When the player slows down enough or when the player finally stops moving, the cloak will once again cover the player's body.

If there is something different you would like to see or confused about something, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. If you are going to give me tips on what I can fix or say something about my design, please use constructive criticism. This is my first time doing something like this.

Gook luck to all of the submissions!!

Attachments

• High_Priest_vanity_showcase.png
    High_Priest_vanity_showcase.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 965
Terraria JE submission.png

Head: Kai's Strange Mask
Torso: Kai's Purple PJ's
Legs: Kai's Purple Pants
The mask covers the entire face.
The yellow beads on the torso should be more circular and the chain more detailed (sorry I forgot to change those before posting)
If possible, please can you make the navy blue stripes on the wristbands emit out a very subtle but warm blue glow.
Legs are just simple striped pants.
I figured Journeys End needed something cool that still fit with the game, so I made this. Just some PJ's with some nice little features, nothing to crazy but it still works​

Hello everyone, I want to show you my set of bloody baron.
Set of Baron Alexander.
In the past, the Lord of these lands, dressed in the ceremonial outfit of his dynasty. The mask and cape has been handed down from generation to generation, from father to son for centuries. Once sewn by the old Tailor, they bear age-old curses.
But bloody tyranny could not last forever and on one moonlit night, the cursed cloak, under the weight of Baron's atrocities, devoured its owner and thereby interrupted the dynasty.
For many years it was believed that the cloak was blown away by the bloody moon, but this is not so. And for many years, the old tailor, even under the curse of the Skeletron, has been waiting for a new worthy Lord of these lands to give him an ominous cloak.
The creature under this cloak is obsessed only with power and his pride.

It includes legs, torso, mask and cape. Will be available for purchase for 13 gold at the tailor, but only during the bloody moon. With this kit you can kill friendly NPCs.
After killing 13 allied NPCs, a bloody moon rises
The hem of the cloak exudes bloody fumes.
With rapid movement leaves a bloody trail. Phantoms of past atrocities
After death, the hero leaves behind a cloud of bloody dust and remains a special tombstone.
The mask also has a second style.
All the yellow elements in the set are made of gold and glisten slightly.

NPCs when you try to speak with them will be afraid of you. In dialogues, treating you as delicately as possible. The old tailor will call the player a new, more worthy Lord of these lands, thereby showing loyalty to the once ragged dynasty and its centuries-old traditions. The Dryad, on the contrary, will be extremely disappointed in the player that he did not destroy this cloak as soon as possible.

Through the phrases of the dryad and the old tailor, the story of this cloak and its bloody past will be told.
baron.png
baron Interius.png
baron_rush.png

The effect of fast movement.

baron_grave.gif

A special tombstone.

npcs.png

Even if my set doesn't get into the game, I was glad to share my ideas, as happy as take part in this contest.

Last edited:
Here is a good amount of info on my set idea: the Melon Wolf set!

My idea is that this set could be purchased from either the Party Girl NPC, or this could be a drop during the Halloween event.

Melon Wolf Suit.png

Crystal Crest.png
Crystallized Tee.png
Crystal Leggings.png

Here's a set idea I've made, the Crystal Set. It composes of the Crystal Crest for the head slot, the Crystal Tee for the torso slot, and the Crystal Leggings for the leg slot. They could probably be found underground in chests, or from fishing in the underground Hallow.
Crest Tooltip: "A beautiful crest that sparkles upon your head."
Tee Tooltip: "This shirt goes nicely with that new weapon you bought."
Leggings Tooltip: "It might be heavy, but it's just so shiny..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom