Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call this one Cypherpunk. It would be neat for it to have a roller skating animation and a glowing particle trail as seen in the image
Cypherpunk.jpg

Celestial Sea vanity set, somewhat based off of the Cthulhu mythos with the chest piece having an eye like appearance in the middle.
While there are three individual versions it is one vanity set, as colours change depending on time, the first being day, the second night and the third being during a bloodmoon.

Terraria Celestial Sea.JPG

Edit: The light coloured parts do not emit light like a shine potion, but do show in the dark

Last edited:
Well, here we go, hello im Phanto and this is my idea:
PixelMort (4).jpg
its name is The Pixel Death, or PixelMort for the friends (scythe and mask are only for History purposes) in live, Luis was a normal guy, with a BORING live, but for an inexplicable reason, he transformed into the death, and suprisingly, Being the death was equal or more boring than his past life, with his living scythe and a 2 dollar mask, the BORED DEATH is searching for fun activities, such as stealing others life, destroying some bosses, you know, normal Terraria activities, will you give him the fun that he needs? P.D: his cloak is green cause my favorite color is green.

Bye, good luck for all the other persons, and, bye...one more thing, it will be awesome if his cloak moves with the air, but i dont want to give to much work.
one more thing, the chest piece limits are when pants begin and when the hood starts, if a player have it equiped without the hood it will be like a cape, and i think about leaving a trail of green little particles, like the meteor armor, only that the particles will be dark green, thats all, Thanks re-logic for creating this awesome game, you guys are awesome.

Last edited:

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
54F169AF-E367-47D6-BC8B-C417FF5DF788.jpeg

Created by NecroAsher using IbisPaintX

This is a vanity set inspired by one of my ocs. It uses...well supposedly, I’m bad at colouring in digital art, a selection of reds, crimsons, dark reds, oranges and browns.

The set (I’m bad at designing clothing, please bear with me here):

The helmet/mask is called ‘The Tyrant’s Mask’. It is a white mask with bright red eyes and a design of patterns on it. When on the player, the player’s hair is supposed to show and the band holding the mask in place also shows.

The chestplate/ cape is called ‘The Tyrant’s Mantle’. It is a crimson cloak—like cape with supposedly details all on the cloth in the front. When on the player, the player’s hands and clothing/armour is supposed to show from the gap between the two cloths in the front (not good at clothing names sorry), kind of like the capes and cloak in the game.

The boots are called ‘The Tyrant’s Tracers’. They are a pair of dark red boots with a crimson jewel on the front and an orange band going around the ankle part.

I personally think that the set should drop from enemies in Hell, or maybe found in Shadow Chests, since the colour scheme is quite hellish, quite to my liking.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this all if you actually did. :)

-NecroAsher

pixil-frame-0.png

This is my prism spacesuit, the idea is that you have a spacesuit that is rainbow colored since it is a prism that is refracting light.

Key features:

-A helmet that has a glare (white dot in the middle)

-Rainbow streaked torso and legs with 6 black dots in the middle where hoses go to supply air

-It should be visibly bright around the helmet and black dots

-Arm has a little Easter egg with my signature- Load

I think having another type of spacesuit in Terraria would be great especially a prism one to go alongside the last prism.

Made by Logan Farmer (Loaded)

Hope you liked it thank you!

312A7B6F-B15E-40BB-9BA8-C081B35265FD.png

This set comes from a design I have for a clan in a story I am writing, although the clan doesn’t exactly have a name at the moment. So therefore I gave it the name, “Tribal Clan Set.” For the description I wrote: “Armor worn by a previous existing clan.” That also derives from my story in which over time, the clan went extinct. Ignoring my story, and focusing on the design.

The head is nothing more but red face paint.

For the body it consists of pieces of armor protecting both shoulders, gauntlets, and the shirt with chain mail and fur underneath. And finally three belts (one for the chest piece, bag, and weapon.)

For the leggings some black pants in which one leg has cloth wrapped around it (no purpose but design) and boots with metal attach to protect kneecaps and the shins.

Other than all what I have mentioned above, good luck everyone! (Some of y’all’s designs are awesome) <3

Theamazingexplosionman.png

My lovely "superhero" I came up with.
This is the amazing explosion man. (A very original name I know).
His real name is Mack Missile.
(My apologies in advance for the artwork. I struggle with art design so I did my best to convey very roughly what he would look like before being touched up by professionals.)

His very large head vanity is a replica of a large bomb because he's such an explosive guy. The bomb itself was based on any large scale missile because I felt like it portrayed his large and explosive in your face personality. The missile is "highly" detailed with yellow caution streaks. His greenish bodysuit along with the red wing-like things protruding off him are a hang gliding suit. It allows him to divebomb his foes much easier. On his actual in-game model, they would probably hang from under his arms especially if you were to fall from the air. It was easier for me and my bad drawing skills to depict it the way I did. His hands also have a lighter black/gray color to them as they are gloves made for climbing in case he was stuck on a mountain for instance. Finally, his lower half is pants and shoe mix. He wears long pants so the wind doesn't bother him as he falls and glides throughout the air. Despite his color-coding attempt at camouflage with his pants and shoes, he fails to realize that it contradicts his large bomb on his head and the red gliding suit he has on. He's not very bright, just explosive. He's the hero no one needs or wants, but he's there anyway.

This was created using pixelartmaker.com.

Hello Terrarians,this is my idea for the vanity contest,its called The Corrupted armor:
20200405_143020.jpg

It might be a little blurry,sorry for that,but in case the names are unclear because of that,here are the names:
-on the head slot,there is the Helmet of Corruption,nice and spikey;
-on the torso slot,there is the Corrupted chestplate,and yes,there is a metal plate only on the right shoulder and on the other there is a cape;
-on the legs slot,we have the Corruptor robe,long and purple,slightly blue,and with a banner with an Eater of souls on it,and the banner will also glow in darkness,the eyes on the chestplate and helmet wil glow too.
On the right side you can see how they all look when a player wears them.
Hope you like the idea,I thought it will fit in with that new corruption block and furtniture (plus the fact that I really like the Corruption in Terraria).
Have a nice day.

Last edited:
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - Winston Churchill
With that in mind, to immortalise the most valuable goods of 2020 I present to you,
The Luxury Set.

Corona Vanity Submission.jpg

Consisting of the Luxury Cleaner, Luxury Paper and Luxury Water, these rare commodities can be purchased from the Travelling Merchant for the low, low price of 10 gold apiece! With an incomparable rarity (higher the better for the sake of comedy) now you can travel the lands showcasing your endless wealth to all of the plebeians!
(Image contains reference image and sprite, but I'm sure the team at Relogic could make something far better)

I present my set of Vanity Clothes what looks like NPC Cyborg but more like android (like human robot) in native resolution with animations.

Alexis_Hat.png

Alexis_Body.png

Alexis_Pants.png

Its name is Turquoiset. (From Turquoise and set)

Attachments

• Alexis_Hat_Animated.png
    Alexis_Hat_Animated.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Alexis_Body_Animated.png
    Alexis_Body_Animated.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Alexis_Pants_Animated.png
    Alexis_Pants_Animated.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Here is my submission, I call it the Trench Hunter. Might need some polishing, I am in no way an artist, just thought it would be fun to submit my idea.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The pieces of the set would be titled Trench Hunter's Mask, Trench Hunter's Torso, and the Trench Hunter's Legs. The things on his back are supposed to look like claws, or blades, and the things on his chest are like exposed ribs. He would also have claws attached to his hands.
Here is some lore I came up with.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You've just booted up a new world, and things are running smoothly until, you notice an evil, slowly approaching, The Crimson. You attempt to fend it off, stop it from spreading, but being so early in the game, you fail to stop it. It destroys everything, and you become trapped.. death after death until, something snaps, and you dawn the mask, and become, the Trench Hunter. You become one with the crimson, and join its hive-mind like consciousness. And once more, you are trapped, in the illusion of the crimson's hive mind, and you realize that you have become the monster.. with your new found power you slay the Brain of Cuthulu, and take back your world.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So yeah, thats my submission hope you enjoyed it, and even though I probably wont win, I wanted to put creativity and work into this, So good luck to everyone else, and goodbye!
TrenchHunter.png

Last edited:
yeah i made a horrible set but i might as well try so here is mine. its called the brain scrambler. its head is an open brain with sparks flying out and its body is alien clothes.
so thats my horrible drawing :/ its bad cause i'm 11 when i did this.

Attachments

• oscarphoto.jpg
    oscarphoto.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 88
its a simple combination of the four post-moonlord armors
terraria vanity .png

(P.S. i was sleepy when i made this so if its bad thats probably why then again im not exactly an amazing artist)

Last edited:
1586097161432.png

Finally done with mine :happy:

I made two head piece options since i wanted the hoodie to be something players could toggle on and off but if only one head piece is allowed i'd rather keep the skull head.

For the body piece well its just a simple hoodie, i wanted to put a center pocket and maybe try making a walking animation with the hands inside the pocket but well i couldn't work out how to make it look like it had the pocket so yea

For the pants yea its pretty basic just pants with a silver chain on it

so yea thats my submission done, best of luck to everyone who submitted <3

side note: yes i just want to look emo in game

I was thinking of a set called the Bounty Hunter Set that resembles Samus Aran the Bounty Hunter from the Metroid Series of games by Nintendo because there is already two sets resembling the main characters from the most iconic Nintendo series of games and it would be nice to finish that off with Metroid. Also I was thinking that when you were using the Space Gun weapon with all of the armor on, it would look like it was shooting out of Samus' blaster.
ECQNbG5uTwCm7cCT05eBAQ_thumb_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom