Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black&White: Flames on heat, shoulders, eyes and side of legs. Dark purple is the primary color on chest plate, helmet and legs. Air vent in place of mouth and nose. The eyes are white.

Attachments

• Nithael.v2.jpg
    Nithael.v2.jpg
    698.7 KB · Views: 125

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Attachments

• My entry for the terraira costume tornament.png
    My entry for the terraira costume tornament.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 135
Well since we have a curse of the Pharaoh, might as well add "Ra" on the list. I know, most likely looks nothing like it, I'am not much of an artist.

Attachments

• Competition.png
    Competition.png
    3 KB · Views: 137
Frost slayer

Head piece: Penguin heat detector
chest piece: NK1 chest attachment
boot piece: peng tech leg attachments

Note: i know i cant ask for stuff but if i somehow get in can the helmet tints work like this? the base color is the red one however i think it would be cool if the head piece tints only changed the red part of the helmet, oh those parts also have a slight glow in the dark like the shadows orb light but in a piece of gear that doesnt light up the enviorment
FnE0BYy_13x.png

Last edited:
the terrarian doctor
based on plague doctor designs mixed in a bowl of modernness
simplicity is key

Attachments

• Untitled30_20200407212928[1].png
    Untitled30_20200407212928[1].png
    610.6 KB · Views: 102
pixil-frame-0.png

A plague doctor with a tophat and clown hazmat suit
The Purple Flower, Red eye, and the Blue gloves would glow a little

Submission (Set).png

Gotta Summon Them All?
Would personally love to use this as a set for when playing summoner!

- Trainer's Cap
- Trainer's Shirt
- Trainer's Jeans

Some other concept art for this vanity set (i.e. the hair and backpack, I thought I'd sell the idea more :happy:).
The player's hair would show with the cap.
Submission (Conceptual).png

In case this set was too similar to a certain pocket monster trainer (which it probably is and still will be anyways), here's the set with the cap flipped backwards, because everyone knows that you become 107% cooler when you wear caps like this.
Submission (Alternate).png

Have a great day, and thank you Re-Logic for years of fun, and many more down the line! :D

1586291313883[1].png
1586290799344[1].png
IMG_20200407_182317657[1].jpg

And here's my design for the contest! it was really fun drawing it, even if it doesn't win i'm glad i got to participate. And i wanted to say thank you to the developers for making one of my favorite games i've ever played, good luck with all the designs!

some notes:

- the head slot is the hood/mask that shows in the paper drawing and both digital drawings, the chest is everything between the neck to the belt, and the legs everything between the belt to the boots (the belt and the blanket/robe/cloth are part of the legs)

- the skin is completely black, i did a little effect while drawing it that makes it look like "smoke" but it's just a detail, no need to put it like that in the game

- it looks like this for both genders :>

- the eyes could glow in the dark if it's possible? (but they don't emit light like the solar armor)

- if you can't put the feather in only one side that's ok, it can be in either sides when the player turns

- i saw many hoods and masks in the game that make the player's face black with glowing eyes, i hope that this design can be made like that too if it's not much to ask

- the blanket/robe/cloth doesn't covers the legs totally, just the ammount that shows in the drawings

- yes that's the Last Prism they're holding, it's just there in the drawings for some reason ^^ (not part of the design of course)

And i guess that's all, see you all in 1.4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom