Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terraria vanity submission.png

Desert survival gear

View attachment _20200408_161957.JPG

Hi, this is my entry for this contest. It consists out of 3 set pieces, they are sort of attached to this black/dark grey clothing underneath, or if you like the design better without the clothing I'm okay with that. The colors are only white, grey and black. And the head piece has this star shape in the middle, it's not glass, it's like void or darkness or whatever. I'd want it to have either pulsating effect or dark sparks wentibg out of the chest and head, or maybe the entire armor. You can add glow marks, I'm not good in pixel art so I don't really know how that works. If it's possible I'd want some sort of effect, if not, it's okay.
I don't have a proper name for my set. I feel bad for Ocram and the developer Marco, so this could be Ocrams set.
I like the work Sky xD, so maybe Sky guardian set/ Sky Island Guardian set. It's white like a marbe biome, so maybe something refering to that (Shining Marble set/?) , or any other mob, or even perhaps Hallowed biome or something with Clouds (Cloud harbinger/Cloud harvester/?). If you pick this design for the game I'd leave the name up to you.
When I first played terraria my characters name was Milev 14. So if I win I'd love to have a reference to that in the vanity sets distription. Thanks. I hope you like it.

Attachments

• DSC_5049.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
The golden wings set:

-The set is fully made out of gold (and if players will be able to craft it, it could actually be crafted using gold and maybe some other things like gems etc.). If some effects could be added then the entire set should glitter like gold.

-The centerpiece of the set are the golden wings which are present on all three parts of the set, but mainly on the chest piece. The chest wings should not protrude forward from the chest but they are not flat and painted-on either. Instead, they are either carved into the chest piece out of gold or made out of individual golden feathers. The golden wings should also be present on the crown and, if possible, on the legs as well.

-The set (female version) consists of:
1. Head: The crown - It is made out of gold and decorated with gems. The crown should be thinner, more like a tiara. It should include wings if possible.
2. Torso: The chest piece - Also made out of gold and decorated with games. The main feature are the wings.
3. Legs: Pants and boots - Both the pants and the boots will be going into the legs slot. Same as with all other parts of the set they will also be made out of gold and decorated with games. The little wings near the knees are where the pants are meeting the boots. The wings are a part of the boots, not the pants, and should be included if at all possible.

-I have not drawn the male version but i will try to give a detailed description of how it differs from the female version:
1. Head: The crown - Mostly the same as the female version when it comes to materials and design but it should be beefier and more like a crown, not like a tiara.
2. Torso : The chest piece - Again, the same materials and design as the female version but unlike the female version it should cover the entire chest, abdomen, shoulders and arms. The wings should be bigger and cover the entire chest with no gap between them. The ends of the sleeves could be decorated with gems.
3. Pants and boots - It should be more or less the same as the female version but with two differences: 1. The feathers and gems that are at the hips of the female version should be raised a bit higher to the waist level, like a belt, where the chest piece meets the pants. 2. The boots should not have a high heel (but should still include the wings).
3-final.png

here is my entry
i made this on ms paint and i think it could possibly be called The Woodland Walker

Attachments

• my entry for Terraria vanity contest (The WoodLand Walker).png
    my entry for Terraria vanity contest (The WoodLand Walker).png
    24.1 KB · Views: 105
I have a submission, I don't have a name... does that still work? if not then message me I can think of one, but anyway here's the character concept art
pixellbigboy.png
I will add the armor set too,
FqurwkE_17x.png
UWeKVik_14x.png

in a world that is full of pain and torment
one red panda will stand up against the odds
bigger, better and more powerful than before
this time its personal
budumdudumdubumdumdum

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 99
  • attempot 1.png
    attempot 1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
I made a Lepus Costume! (I originally made a Pyro from TF2, but I thought that might not get accepted.) Anyways, here it is!
I made a 'dismembered version' so then you can get an idea of what to fill in the misc frames of the walk cycle with.

Attachments

• Lepus Costume Entry for Terraria-4.png.png
    Lepus Costume Entry for Terraria-4.png.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 408
  • Lepus Costume Entry for Terraria-3.png.png
    Lepus Costume Entry for Terraria-3.png.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 186
I actually made a Pyro one, but it says references won't be accepted (they probably won't, I mean). If you want to see it, here it is!

Attachments

• Lepus Costume Entry for Terraria-2.png.png
    Lepus Costume Entry for Terraria-2.png.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Lepus Costume Entry for Terraria-1.png.png
    Lepus Costume Entry for Terraria-1.png.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 144
Ricky Reed Set!
Head name: Doodoo Face
Description of the head: You know I'm Good 4 It.
Torso name: Drunken Hearts Jacket
Description of the torso: We're our own worst enemies.
Pants and boots name: T REX Stompers
Description of the pants: 9 to 5, all the way live.
Sold by the Party Girl after you buy the party hat.
Description underneath entire set: Become funk.
description just meaning the quote you guys and gals put under the vanity sets!)

Attachments

• Ricky Reed Terraria concept.png
    Ricky Reed Terraria concept.png
    916.8 KB · Views: 125
A Bricktron from Castle Story, I chose the Archer
Bricktron Archer Set  (1).png

Attachments

• Bricktron Archer.jpg
    Bricktron Archer.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Archer.jpg
    Archer.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 110
-------🌭Hot Dog Costume🌭-------

In 6th grade my parents bought be a hot dog costume. I wear this costume from time to time if I need a last minute Halloween costume and sometime just when i'm lounging around the house.

Here is a picture of me in high school during my calculus class the day we discussed "sandwich theorem", which despite what you might think is not the theory of whether or not hot dogs are sandwiches.
Hot Dog Costume.jpg

So when I heard of this competition, I knew what I had to do.

I sketched a design during one of my online classes (Sorry Professor Symonds...)​
1586364006960.png

I took it a step further and did some mockups of what it might look like on a terraria player. (The player image I used is not my original work but the hotdog on top of him is all mine 😉 )​
One is hatted and one shows a player with their original hair.​
Terraria Hot Dog!.png
Hot Dog (hatless).png
Tooltip: "Hot Dog! It might also be fun to have a hot dog buff with no affect that displays the same Tooltip"Hot Dog!"​
Thank you for looking at my designs I really enjoyed making them and I would love to see them in the update! 🌭

I designed a demon set the head piece would be the mask she is wearing and the tail is attached to the skirt as if its a halloween costume, the green diamonds on the top are meant to look like gems too.
i would call it Devil Masquerade
demon teraria.jpg

This is the Overtaken. I took direct references from the game.
Terraria Character Design World Evil Overtaken.gif

I wanted to do something that wasn't in the game, and I noticed that there
nothing on the corruption or crimson in the vanity sets.

The thing about the Overtaken set is that it acts like the familiars clothes.
Meaning if you go onto a corruption world, you will get the corruption set,
and if you go onto a crimson world, you will get the crimson set.

The one problem I have been able to identify with this familiar design is if
you have both corruption and crimson on your world. This is easily fixed. In
the situation you have both evils on your world, you set will always be your
world's original evil.

As always, developers are able to change the design if they want/need to.

Best of Luck to everyone. -Purple_Mollusk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom