Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My submission for the vanity contest called the Warbringer.
Warbringer.png

Terraria has always been my favourite game since I started playing almost 9 years ago so I couldn't pass up this opportunity!

"Wandering Swordsman" [name subject to change] is a vanity set inspired by lightly armoured eastern swordsmen. Designed to look good as individual pieces hopefully inspiring custom mixed sets in-game while the full set maintains a core theme.
The set as a whole includes an amigasa style hat with a black scarf as the same material as the shoal which makes up most of the shirt; a brace on each hand for extra protection during combat. Baggy pants held up by a simple rope belt and tucked into some cloth wrapped tabi and finished with a pair of bamboo slippers.

I hope you all enjoy this design
Tingle
Terraria Custom Vanity Art.png
Terraria-Custom-Vanity.gif

Here's my entry, it's based off the floating islands.
  • The piece is to be crafted by the player by using silk and harpy feathers at a loom.
  • The special part about this vanity set though is the little buff you get when you wear the full set. The buff doesn't give the player anything huge and it's purely cosmetic, the buff is called "Loose Feathers". The buff gives the player a sort of particle effect, When the player moves whether it's walking or jumping feathers fly off the player. Not only that the long ribbon seen on the head of the player also moves around when the player moves around too.
I had a lot of fun doing this contest, though I'm not sure why it isn't showing up the way I want it to. Not sure how to fix it so, sorry about that!
View attachment EntryThingy.jpg

Last edited:
bc14e23a-da39-43cc-8499-b5193efe85fd (8).jpeg
bc14e23a-da39-43cc-8499-b5193efe85fd (2).jpeg
bc14e23a-da39-43cc-8499-b5193efe85fd (6).jpeg
bc14e23a-da39-43cc-8499-b5193efe85fd (10).jpeg
bc14e23a-da39-43cc-8499-b5193efe85fd (7).jpeg
5c725afd-3f87-42cb-b2e8-27c155c0b413.jpeg

Blue is male, pink is female.

I don't care how you change this in any way (if I do win), my drawing is probably the worst drawing here (not saying any of the others suck)

gg to whoever wins

The facemask is blue/pink, with 4 Zs varying in size, from big to small. The facemask also has a black strap

The shirt is, again, blue/pink. It has stars, all the same size, all around the shirt, and a moon (obviously could be better), all yellow

The pants are once again, blue/pink. Like the shirt, they have stars all around them, but unlike the shirt, no moon. The pants come with slippers that match the pants except instead of many stars, there is 1 big star in the middle of each of them.

Names
Mask: Sleeping mask
Shirt: Pajama shirt
Pants/Slippers: Pajama Pants
Full set: Snug as a Pug

Descriptions
Mask: How can you even see? Created by MagicalPug_Tato
Shirt: Star light, star bright. Created by MagicalPug_Tato
Pants/Slippers: Don't let the Queen Bee bite. If she does, take your slipper, and beat her grey and green.

Edit: Also, the stars, moon, and zs don't dye with dyes. So if your one of those people that want like, green or something, (if I win ofc) go ahead!

Unless i cant do that, then sorry lol

Last edited:
I call mine "The Stranger's Set". In every game I play, I try to make my character look like this, so I decided to try to make it its own thing for Terraria. I have a "close enough" version made up of existing vanity items already, so I'll be fine if I don't win.
It is made up of:
Head: a dark green hood that preferably shows off the wearer's face
Torso: a brown vest over a dark green shirt, with a dark red pauldron cloak over the wearer's left arm, and a dark red sash around the waist.
Legs: a dark green pair of pants with a brown belt, a brown pair of boots, and a small pouch attached to the belt
IMG_1725.JPG

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Attachments

• PETER!.png
    PETER!.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 113
Hi people, I'm just gonna keep this sweet and simple. ✌

I don't have a name for my set or any of the items really but it's based on fashion from the early 20th century.

Terraria Contest 1.png

The intent was to make it look like the character has their hands in their pockets when standing still. Also, the pipe is included with the hat and it also changes your eyes.

TerrariaContestA1.gif

Swinging animation.

TerrariaContestA2.gif

Finally, the walking animation.

This is my submission. Again, there are no names for anything but here it is anyways. Good luck to all.

This is my take on a Cthulhu based Cultist

The Head would consist of the hooded tentacle face, and be named Old One's Gaze.

The body would be the robes and be called Old One's Garb. I wanted the chest area to have a sash with little pouches in case they weren't wearing the head with it.

And the legs would be the tentacles creeping out of underneath the robes. So again, if the player decided they only wore the robes, the green tentacles wouldn't affect the style they were trying to create like with the head. They'd be called Old One's Amble

All together they create the Set Bonus which I know doesn't get a name, but I'd like to call it the Old One's Passage. Setting the ground nearby on on fire with Eldritch power and having a floating scroll burning in that same purple fire.

How the set would be obtain, I have no clue. Maybe through the means of someone Like Tim or the Rune Wizard but only after the Moon Lord has been defeated and appears in the same cavern levels.

received_2893229444101677.png

My history with Terraria is vast, but I didn't own a copy until 2011, before then I played on my cousins account. I played on PC until 2017 when my computer broke and I have yet to get a new one. After that I've been playing on console with the same group of friends I've had since elementary school. But in the course of time of 2011-2017 I've accrued 2,463 hours on PC alone. I have no clue if there's a way to tell on PS4, but I assure you there's plenty more. It's definitely been in my top three games of all time consistently, and I still enjoy it whenever I get the chance. But now I'm older and about to be a father, I think it'd be cool to show my kid(s) my skin in game and brag to my friend group
Screenshot_20200412-151733~2.png

Last edited:
This has no name yet it is just a dude based off my summoner character I am pretty early game (with summoner) but have beaten the game with melee and almost done with ranged (cuz the RNG is pretty bad RN and can't find Plantera Bulb.) But this is my submission
pixilart-drawing.png

Last edited:
terraria boi.png

"Nowhere Nomad"

Wanted to try and make something that filled an aesthetic that really isn't found normally in Terraria with a sort of semi-modern semi-futuristic mercenary look with a cool blue and purple theme. A hat, headphones and visor, sleeveless puffy vest and elbow pads, and cargo pants with tall boots. The visor bit would work well with the 'glow' effect, but otherwise I think It'd be pretty straight forward as a sprite. I'm terrible with sprite otherwise I would've made one so yeah.

Purity Reflector set

1586719024297.png

So this is a set you can purchase from the Dryad.
This vanity set reflects your Terraria worlds Crimson, Corruptions, Hallow and purified biome.
This set is made up of 100 coloured pixels excluding the skin, eyes and black outline. The reason its made from exactly 100 pixels is because every time the hallow, crimson or corruption take over 1% of your world then a colour will fill in on the vanity set e.g. crimson takes over 1% of your world then one red pixel would appear on your set, while purifying your world would change the pixels to green.

Crimson
Red pixels
Dark Red pixels

Corruption
Purple pixels
Dark Purple pixels

Hallowed
Blue pixels
Pink pixels

Purity
Green pixels
Dark Green pixels

1586718339117.png

Purity Reflector Hood
The hood is where the crimson/corruption will start, as the world slowly gets corrupted the red/purple colours will seep down your vanity set.

1586718349811.png
1586720398222.png

Purity Reflector Shirt
The shirt will be the middle part reflecting the purity part of the world and will be made of green pixels, unless your world is so corrupted that the red pixels have bled into your shirt.
When the player looks left and right the amount of crimson, corruption or hallowed would be shown on both sides on the same pixels (look above for the example. This also counts for the hood and boots).

1586719036213.png

Purity Reflector Boots
During pre-hard mode your boots will be green pixels, when you get into hard mode they will become infected with blue and pink pixels slowly creeping up as the hallowed spreads.

What happens with all three?

1586718339117.png
1586717987024.png

I added the purple and red both on the hood at the same time after doing some experimenting with Terraria worlds. I wanted to see if all biomes would come up or if it would just say crimson even if you added corruption into the crimson world.
Because players can carry blocks over to other worlds there is a good chance that players will have crimson and corruption worlds.

Animation
If it is possible to make a pixel light up and fade out when a biome spreads. An example, when the crimson biome spreads by 1% then a red pixel would be bright red like a "glow mask" and then fade out into a red pixel that isn't lit up any more, vice versa for hallow, however, when purifying your world the red pixels could brighten up again and then fade to green..?

Why mine should win
Lots of the vanity sets copy one another or are very similar to each other, whereas I haven't seen any others like mine that show your world on a vanity set (although I haven't looked at every ones vanity sets, but thank you for looking at all of ours). Mine is clever and unique. Its also a useful vanity set that tells you the state of your world but doesn't help the character by produce light, giving the player stats and doesn't help character progression so it does still count as a vanity set.

Give this vanity set a like if you think its a good idea.
I'm open to changes like the design and name.
Thank you for taking the time to read.

By LordLobz

Last edited:

spaceman.png
The Funky Spaceman

Discovered the Galaxy and now Terraria.

Looks awesome in his futuristic Spacesuit.

Favourites:

• Space and Things from the Space (like the 'Fallen Stars')
  • Magic Weapons (like the 'Space Gun' and the 'Laser Rifle')
  • Also weapons for a more civilized age (like 'Phasesabers' and 'Phaseblades')
  • Glowing Mushroom biome (looks and sounds Funky)

My character. Influenced by listening to good Music, watching Science-Fiction-Films and especially by playing Terraria. Hope you like it.

Greetings and good luck to the others 💫

Last edited:
Heyyyy peeps here's my entry. My vanity set is called the 'Cosmic Hunter set' or something like that I guess. It's my take on a space bounty hunter. I tried to use really spacey colours in the design. Im not too set on this exactly as it is so Im really open to any liberties the designers would take with it. I would like the eyes to glow if possible, and I tried to show that in the image below. So yup Ill leave this short and sweet. Good luck to everyone, I'm loving all of these ideas!

Vanity_set.png

Oh and here is one of my sketches I did when planning out this design. Maybe this will help show what I was going for.

IMG_7153.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom