Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so here's my submission
I call it Space Fantasy. Based off of that one Mario Galaxy song.
On the left, I have what it would look like in game, and on the right, an awful attempt at drawing it.

Full:
- Spacesuit-ish design
- Blue/Pink theme
- Blue parts would glow, glow intensity matches the brightness of the area the player is in
- No set bonus

Helmet:
- Glass would be semi-transparent, face + some hair visible
- Lower dark blue part wouldn't always be visible, as seen with the full set
- Upper blue part
- Dark pink strap thingy on the side

Suit:
- Wings in back default to shown, but would change to whatever wings would be visible at the time.
- Without actual wings equipped, vanity wings would not do anything, obviously
- Pink "gloves"
- Blue wrists
- Blue shoulders
- Blue side "straps"
- Blue belt
- Grey arms
- Grey torso

Boots:
- Blue feet
- Grey legs
- Boots would "react" when touching the ground, depending on the speed/distance fallen depends on how intense the reaction is (reaction colour is pink)
- Reaction pink would glow just like blue

Edit: I just realized the wings might not be allowed, feel free to remove them, I don't mind.

SpaceFantasy.png
SpaceFantasyDrawn.png

Last edited:
Terraria Vanity Contest Submisson.png

I am not the best artist ever, but I figured I won't know how well I did unless I tried. I decided to draw a race car driver suit. Helmet, firesuit, etc. My pc was broken so I only found about this contest on the 9th of April. Perhaps you guys could host something similar to this in the future, but instead have it be a soundtrack. I would be better at that. Please consider my submission!

Last edited:
This is an earth mage costume. The hat and robe are very similar to Tim's costume.

Attachments

• земляной маг.png
    земляной маг.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 216
The True Cultists Armor

1586741245405.png

This was a armor set i made inspired by the lunatic cultist. I thought that as a unique boss the cultist should have a backstory. My thought was the the cultist was once a terrarian like the character that you play but was corrupted by the moon lord.

The armor set pieces will drop at a small chance for every lunatic cultist killed.

Below is the piskel sheet I used for the armor

CJTerrariaArmor.png

And, finally, here is a video of the armor in game:

Video Here

Thank you very much for this competition it has finally got me making mods for games!

I LOVE sharks. I imagine his little fins are individual legs, or maybe he scoots along. Kinda cute, right? He's also smiling, he's a happy guy because he's in terraria, a great game. Nay, the BEST game. He's also got a fin that might wiggle when he walks, who knows?? Also pretty green eyes. He goes by Ralph if that helps. I did the pixel art so I assume that makes it less work for you = me being the best pick. Thank you for your time, please clap. (sorry I'm inept at this, please don't let that sway your opinion)

Big shark.PNG

Last edited:
Couldn't get any ideas but then remembered that I made my internet nickname based of a beautiful cosmic event that also takes place in Terraria (not as beautiful as in real life but still charming in its own scary way). Therefore Solar Eclipse set, made to be clear contrast between sun's shining corona and lunar shadow falling on the world awakening monsters of horrors. Golden edges always visibile, even in eternal darkness that sadly can not replace a trusty torch and abyssal blackness of fabric, perfect combination for epic yet elegant adventuring and slaying terros of the black sun. Please ignore terrible quality of mysterious figure dispatching a pesky bloodsucker in eclipsing garmnets that is a result of my legendary procrastination not allowing me to start drawing something decent at least few days earlier.
Eclipse Vanity pic1.png

Assassin Set.jpg

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

This is the Jungler set, named after a jungle because thats kind of what I based it on. Things in the grey-scale are what a characters skin colour would be, eg the eyes and the hands. I didn't think I could make it a gif, but as the character was moving, I do think it would be a nice detail if all of the vince drooping down from it were flowing from one side to the other, to create a nice effect.

Attachments

• Submission-1.png.png
    Submission-1.png.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 91
This is a human version of my character Bobo__17(the ninja carrot)
IMG_0061.JPG
I worked very hard on it thank you for holding this contest I love the idea.

Here's my entry, the Monitor Mage set. I always wanted a set that had a CRT Monitor for a helmet, but this contest gave me an opportunity to go for a full set.

The set doesn't have any differences per gender at the moment.
monitormage.png

monitormagesplit.png

monitormagestand.png
monitormagestar.png

Below is some secondary art showing what's possible with the sets already in game.
monitormagejungle.png
monitormagevortex.png

I had an idea that dyes would only affect the screen of the monitor unless they're metal dyes, but that seems a bit out of scope for this contest. Last but not least, a few sketches of poses I wanted to fill out, but ran out of time to finish.
monitormagesk.png
monitormagesk2.png
monitormagesk3.png
monitormagesk4.png
*PS. The last sketch showcases the helmet also being usable as furniture. If possible, that would be a nice addition!

Last edited:
Here's my submission, I did my best to prioritize something universal over making a character when designing it so that it would fit into the game as an outfit better.

I made a video going through my design process and thoughts if anyone's curious and wants to see that.

I'm far from an artist, and I struggled a lot when designing this especially on the side view Terraria model, but I did my best, and that's what really matters here right? The side view would ideally include some of the details I put on the front view like the necktie, glasses, and collar, I just couldn't figure out quite how to fit them on in a way that felt natural, but I'm certain someone with more artistic talent than me, could do so quite easily.:sigh:

I didn't break it up in the final image, however, I would break it up as " Officer's Hat" for the player's head slot, "Officer's Shirt & Tie" for the chest slot, and "Officer's Trousers" for the boots/greeves slot.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to submit crafting recipes here, but I saw some other people doing it so I will too just in case, for the "Hat", 3 silk as well as a topaz at the loom, for the "Shirt & Tie", 4 silk at the loom, and for the "Trousers", 4 silk at the loom.

I know I submitted this kind of late, but I think it's a really good idea, since Terraria is all about creating your own characters and stories, and to me, a cop outfit would really really help players make all-new stories within their worlds!

Edit: forgot to actually attach the link to my video...

Terraria design contest.png

CloudHaters_Inline_Set.png
CloudHater's Inline Set

Preramble:
After having been a fan of Terraria for, well 8 years now, I surely couldn't not participate in this contest, not that I fancy my chances much, but just participating is the most important part, isn't it?
So, here is the fruit of my labors; The Inline Set.

I was really going for a sporty/cool feel with this and I've got to admit I was more than a little inspired (don't worry, the design is entirely original) by an old game called Jet Set Radio, which I've really been enjoying recently (also I really want to go skating myself but current events are a bit in the way).
I hope y'all like it as much as i liked making it.

Head:
- Inline Visor
- Intended to preserve hairstyle
- Could have a glowmask

Torso:
- Inline Vest/Top
- Cropped above the waist
- Also includes bracelet-wristguards (with fingerless gloves if possible)

Legs:
- Inline Skates
- Comes with belt and trousers
- Could, like the visor, have a glowmask for the wheels/orange pieces
- Would not affect player's movement as this is a vanity set

Well, there you have it! The primary colours for this set are orange, blue, and gray (as pictured), but I imagine it would be possible to change that with dyes.
It was a blast to make this and I hope that we get some really nice vanity sets from this contest. Judging by what I've seen so far we are going to have some really rad finalists and I look forward to seeing just what they turn out to be. of course I'd be absolutely ecstatic if this was one of them, but that doesn't seems super likely

May the best set win!
- CloudHater

(P.S. I've also attached my original pencil sketch (colored). Some bits of the design changed since then but I didn't want to leave it out entirely)
skater_thoi.png

Last edited:
You are walking through the forest, alone at night. You sense something slithering towards you. In a panic, you dig down and hide yourself from the horrors from above... but your mistake was that this horror, comes from below.
Worm Suit.png
Worm Suit.gif

Introducing the worm vanity! Consisting of a helmet ("worm hood") and torso-robe vanity (worm suit), both have a rare chance of dropping when gathering or killing worms! The animation consists of an idle animation, with a contraction and expansion state. This ultra-realistic worm suit will make any Terrarian want to live underground, and never see the surface again! It helps that worms don't have eyes.

Seeing all the REALLY cool outfits and armors and even just ideas on here is so intimidating lol.

But hey worth a shot :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

There was already a lot of armors and some clothing I could dye to make it look more like casual wear, but I could never really find any casual skirts that are good to dye and at a length that's not too short or too long. (Yeah the Red Riding set is kind of the length that'd be good but it has included sleeves and gloves.)

So I decided to make one myself something not too extravagant to wear, I call it the Springtime Dress set (I'm not the best at names so if there's a better idea go for it :p)

Rosemary set 3L.png
Rosemary set pieces.png

~ How I think dyes might work on this, I chose blue since it's the easiest one to dye because we all know that sometimes dyes refuse to work with some colors (I'm looking at you black belt and tool belt! silver & bright silver isn't just dark grey that's for black!) ~
~ Also the pieces of the item, if possible can the shoes be the player's shoes so it doesn't get dyed? ~
And I'm just gonna put the original art I made for it if it could be redesigned (but not the skirt's length please.)
Rosamaria pencil.jpg
(Yes I know the yellow back tails weren't included but I couldn't find a way to sprite it looking good)

Good luck to everyone in the contest!
<3

Webp.net-gifmaker.gif
WormyJumpGif.gif
WormCrawlGif.gif
In Awe.png

1586743160747.png

This is my vanity item set.
There are a lot of great submissions, so good luck to everyone. It looks like a lot of people put in a lot of hard work, I know I have.

That being said, its time to finally play as a tiny worm in Terraria! My submission is one that took me a long time to come up with. I wanted to create something new and different for Terraria, whilst still following the contest rules. Vanity items may not be intended to effect game play, however without breaking any of the rules, I have turned pure vanity into a game play feature. I'm not saying this is extraordinary by any means, just that I did what I set out to. Any and all depictions could be subject to change.

I was completely inspired by Terraria, and because of that, I even used some sprites from in game (the worm). Even though this in particular is not my original artwork, I hope it is ok since it was from Terarria itself. Everything else is my original artwork. It probably could use some revamping, I am not the best pixel artist, but the idea itself is there. I also took the liberty to show the vanity set in use with some weapons and wings, just to help visualize my vision. I also used the template used on the Terraria Wiki to display my creation better. I do not claim to have designed the template, I am only using it for displaying purposes. I was also was not capable of making the ball roll, but I don't think the Terraria devs share the same lack of skill. In my vision, this ball would roll around, bumping awkwardly because of its shape. The worm itself may walk along the bottom, or even be sent spinning and crashing around the orb. Hopefully I covered everything.

I hope you like my submission!
Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom