Not open for further replies.
Pilot Uniform
almostfini.png
The head piece is a Ushanka
Torso is a bomber jacket
Leggings are flight suit pants

The head piece is meant to be dye friendly

Furnace Knight

( Background on the Character ) Furnace Knight is a completely original character of mine. He is a being composed of fire who wears a suit of full metal amour. The head has a similar appearance to a furnace with a grate, but with a knight’s helmet. The head also has a triangular chimney cap which prevents rain/water from entering and allows steam to leave. The body has shoulder armour and elbow guards along with an additional grate on his chest which can be opened to feed his fire. The leggings have knee armour and metal boots. Certain joints such as the wrist, elbow, shoulder, waist and kneecap are detachable which allow him to remove parts for repair, to swap out or to expose fire for attacks.

( For the Vanity)

- Furnace Knight’s Helmet

- Furnace Knight’s Breastplate

- Furnace Knight’s Leggings

-The fire in the chest and helmet grates could be animated to look like the fire is moving like with campfires in game

-Small smoke particles could emerge from the chimney cap on his head every so often

-The flames visible on the helmet and chest could be visible in darkness, but not produce light like torches do

Ways of obtaining the Vanity Set may be left up to the developers of Terraria

Attachments

• IMG_20200408_130422.jpg
    IMG_20200408_130422.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
  • pixil-frame-0.png
    pixil-frame-0.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 120
Here's my submission which I call the "Beach Boy"

Description of the "Beach Boy":
Crabs are a funny thing. Their only purpose is to annoy the player with weak attacks. Yet they are highly intelligent because they are capable of creating disguises and fooling NPCs to enhance their survival. How did it end up this way? Well, due to the Angler NPC only wanting quest fish and not crabs, the population grew uncontrollably because they had no natural predators other than the player. This led to a famine amongst the crab community, and many were starving. So, the elders despite this, decided they needed food elsewhere or most of them would perish. So, they looked to the surface for food, but got nowhere, until they saw balloons coming from an NPC house nearby. They at first tried to steal food from the party by sneaking into the ocean when no one was looking, but that ultimately failed to the point where their innards became outwards down by the arms dealer. From, this they then realized that they had to look presentable amongst the fellow NPCs, so they created a disguise from the nearby resources. When they completed their outfit, they walked up straight to the NPCs and shortly realized that the Travelling Merchant is the only NPC who sells food. They waited several days for him to arrive, and many were dying. Those who remained resorted to cannibalism to survive (but since every 50 crabs only drop banners which isn't filling food, but did make killing each other much faster) and when the Travelling Merchant came, they stole all the money from the chests and hoped to buy some food. Sadly, the Travelling Merchant didn’t sell any Pho or Pad Thai, so the crabs were left to wait even longer. As they waited, even more began to die and lead to them being almost endangered by the time the Travelling Merchant sold them food. When they bought it, they could only afford 2 pieces of Pho, 3 Pad Thai, and 5 Sakes for their trouble. Luckily from this small amount of food and the occasional goldfish, they were able to recover from being nearly endangered to a stable population.This vanity item has a 33% drop chance for each piece from a crab enemy. Also, good luck everyone, I wish all your designs the best!

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (11).png
    pixil-frame-0 (11).png
    145.5 KB · Views: 98
Here's my submission, hope you like it! I'm not used to do pixel art but I thought it would be fun to learn by doing something related to my favorite game. :D It's an owl costume, has you can see below. The head piece is the head of the owl working like a helmet with holes for the eyes, the body has wings for arms and a feathery tail, and the feet are talons with claws. Of course the costume cannot make you fly, you'll need to equip a pair of wings for that. "But then," you'll say, "that means I'll have four wings, won't that look a bit weird?"

You're a freaking four winged giant bird of prey, who's gonna have the guts to complain?

Anyway, I can't wait to see who wins! I have seen some really good designs on this thread and I am quite eager to know which ones we'll get to experience the last update with. Good luck to everyone, I had fun participating, take care of yourselves and each others! <3

pixil-frame-0.png

As my first post ever in these forums, I decided to make my own entry for the Journey's End vanity contest.
Introducing:
Terraria Vanity Contest Entry (Young Clothier's Set).png

Young Clothier's Set

The Young Clothier's vanity set is a vanity set inspired after the Clothier along with an original character of mine inspired after the clothier.
This set would likely be obtained either as a Hardmode upgrade to the Clothier's vanity set or it would be sold by the Clothier after defeating Skeletron Prime.

Young Clothier's Hat

Tooltip: "Looks brand new but it still smells funny..."
Description: A red hat with a black band topped with a long red plume in the back along with a blue gem in front.

Young Clothier's Body Armor

Tooltip: "The young lad loved being a tailor but he had a taste for combat too"
Description: A gray jacket that can be barely seen covered by a black breastplate paired with two red shoulder pads, two blue arm platings, a pair of black gloves and even a red cape to boot.

Young Clothier's Pants

Tooltip: "These pants feel more heavy than they look"
Description: Purple pants paired with black boots.

And with that, another vanity set idea/sprite has been added to the countless amount of potential vanity sets for the 1.4 Journey's End Update!!!
Looking forward to the final and best update for one of my favorite games and good luck to every contestant out there!

Last edited:
hello, this is my entry for the terraria vanity contest. thank you for viewing, have a nice day.

Attachments

• contest submission.png
    contest submission.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 111
It's just a generic superhero costume. I thought it might be cool to add a costume with a cape that actually flies in the wind. Would definitely be cool in windy weather that is being added.

Superhero Mask, Superhero Cape and Superhero Tights respectively

Attachments

• IMG_7148.PNG
    IMG_7148.PNG
    135.5 KB · Views: 84
pixil-gif-drawing (15).gif

I call this the
Suspicious Looking
Clothes

Wig
pixil-frame-0 (35).png
If you wait patiently you can see a mini eater of worlds flying through your hair.

Glove
pixil-frame-0 (45).png
This set could be sold by the dryad or clothier if the world is 50% corruption/crimson.

Shoes
pixil-frame-0 (43).png
(This set would look much better with purple mist)

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (42).png
    pixil-frame-0 (42).png
    270 bytes · Views: 91

The Horseman Knight

Knight.PNG

What is this?

This is a design for a knight loosely based off of the headless horseman.

Why is this?

When I first thought of making a vanity set I thought to myself what of what kind of condition I would be filling in before starting on the actual design. After a bit of thinking, I thought that checking around and finding use for an enemy that deserves it would
be that condition. That enemy which I found to be "neglected" in some way or another was the headless horseman. The headless
horseman is a unique enemy that only appears in the pumpkin moon event, it even has a sword in the game named after it yet
still doesn't even drop it. Now is the time to atone for those sins.

The drop tables on the horse-riding headless horseman are seemingly VERY DRY, with the chance of only dropping the
pumpkin head after 8 long rounds of mourning wood, scarecrows, etc. The stats of the headless horseman seem to be on par with the mourning wood as well yet is at the same time not considered a boss most likely because the drop tables are as I said
DRY, and the round which you find it on makes it seem like it's another random enemy.

Each piece of the vanity set has been thought out to try to be at least somewhat different from what is found in terraria but of course
there is some inspiration found from other sources

Horseman head.PNG

The Head
The head piece is supposed to be designed after a candle light which would be use for a Jack-o'-Lantern.
As a big fan of the Djinn's curse vanity item, this would kind of be flipping it on it's head while sticking to the theme of the headless horseman.

Horseman Chest.PNG

The Chest
It was unknown to me if the headless horseman was using a cloak or armor and even though it may be hard to tell, I
tried to replicate a cloak. The unique bit about this vanity piece was that it had a sword on the back of it which was supposed to resemble a
headless horseman's sword (which again the headless horseman does NOT drop).

Horseman Legs.PNG

The Legs
How is a knight supposed to keep up with a horseman on a horse? Horse legs of course. No it is not a butterfly.

Of course this isn't a final draft I'm a newbie at sprite work.

Created in GIMP

Imperial Guard

Head with crest at top, chest-plate with raised collar, full leggings
Imperial Guard.png

Backstory: The armor from an extinct civilization. While sturdily built, the was never meant to see real combat and was solely for ceremonial purposes. Age may have dulled some of the pieces, but this armor is still certain to turn heads in the museum or out in the wilderness.

Attachments

• Honor Guard.png
    Honor Guard.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
pixil-gif-drawing.gif

Praeclaric Armor (Derived from Latin word for clear or bright)
"The skin of a light creature has been pierced by many crystals"

- Praeclaric Mask (Obtained from the Surface layer)
- Praeclaric Breastplate (Obtained from the Underground layer)
- Praeclaric Leggings (Obtained from the Caverns layer)

This set is a Hallow themed armor vanity that is rainbow, shiny, and has crystal shards growing out of it. The eye color shown when worn would match the eye color of the player, with an example above. The eyes and the crystals would faintly glow in the dark, and the crystals would emit particles of their color similar to the animation above. To obtain this set, you would have to kill Hallow enemies with a weapons crafted from crystal shards (Phasesabers, Crystal Storm, Crystal Darts, Crystal Bullets, Magical Harp, Chik, Rainbow Rod) with each enemy having a chance to drop one of the pieces of the set. The crystals from the crystal themed weapons become lodged in the armor, which is why it has crystals growing on it.

I hope this makes it into the game, and good luck to everybody on the contest!

Symbiosis.png

'She stood before the bulb, the Terra blade winking at her out of the corner of her eye. It would be the same as all the others, she knew. Each time she had emerged victorious; this would be the same.

She raised the blade.

A voice echoed through her mind; " Is this how heroes are made now? Cutting away the infection that is the Crimson, and then turning on us and slaughtering the very thing you protect?"

She stopped. "The Crimson is one evil in this world. You are another. I have fought servants of the Old Gods, smited twisted demons in the depths of Hell. I have destroyed beasts of flesh, bone and iron. How are you so different?"

"I represent your world. look around you: look at all you destroy in order to protect. Is this the actions of a defender? Or does the sword you wield show your true self: a murderer? Does it shine so bright to show your heroism, or to hide the blood of thousands on its blade?"

She looked at the sword. "I am the world's defender. You are a twisted abomination, a shadow of the beauty of the jungle."

" I am here to protect, same as you claim. Many of the creatures you have fought are evil, but everything you see here around you fights to protect their home. You are a trespasser: that is why I have come."

She looked at the bodies of the hornets and trappers that she had killed to reach this place. "Enough of this: This world can only have one protector. If you want me gone, you will have to get rid of me yourself. This ends now, Plantera - It's either you or me."

The voice rose, almost pleading: "It doesn't have to be. There is another option."

She looked at the bulb curiously. "And what is that?"

"Why destroy this world? What will that yield? Why destroy me, when I can make you stronger?"

She reflected on this: and, again, looked at her sword. The Terra blade: a combined force of light and dark. Not a contradiction, but a combining of powers to make a weapon stronger than any other made before it. Plantera's plea started to make sense.

The voice continued. "You have used the weapons of the enemies you have slain, even made weapons from the ore of the Crimson. Your sword was made in this way. Why take my spoils, though, when you can have all the power I possess running through your veins? "

She stepped towards the bulb, studying it.

"Well?"

She turned. The bulb, raised on a small platform, was in line with her back. "I accept your offer." She stretched out her arms. '

Celestial outfit​

In game description of the item:

"It has a mysterious color unlike any seen in before"

Visual Description of the outfit:

The Celestial outfit is a robe. That shifts according to whether its night, day or if there is a solar eclipse happening.

The outfit will slowly change into its (sun, moonlight or the eclipse version of the outfit.) this shift will happen periodically over 30 seconds before turning (day time , night time or whether a solar eclipse is going to happen).

The possible use it could have is that it could give a heads up to the player whether a solar eclipse is going to happen.

The daylight version of the outfit:

The outfit will shift into this version whenever it turns day. During the day this outfit will have a glow mark lining the sun on the torso along with head accessory, this will show up when the player is in total darkness (this will not generate light only the lining of the sun and head accessory will show)
sun.jpg

The moonlight version of the outfit:

The outfit will shift into this version of the outfit whenever it turns night time. During the night the lining of the moon on the torso Along with head accessory will have a glowmark ( this does not generate any light only the lining of the moon and the head accessory)
moon.jpg

The eclipse version of the outfit:

The outfit will shift into this version whenever there is a solar eclipse. During the solar eclipse the outfit will become tattered with rips at the bottom of the robe and as the player walks around (while wearing the full outfit ) black particles coming off the torso piece.

In total darkness, the outfit will have a crimson glowmark that will only mark the lining of the outfit.
93556075_178784753130044_2900309948049129472_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom