Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s my idea, a suit made out of gemstones.

Attachments

• CD613D0C-3435-40C2-9DE6-D88890C27ADD.jpeg
    CD613D0C-3435-40C2-9DE6-D88890C27ADD.jpeg
    656.5 KB · Views: 147
VANITY SUBMISSION - LIHZAHRD CEREMONIAL ARMOUR
Artist's Note: So! When I saw news for this vanity competition, I decided to do what most people do and upload my submission. I have enjoyed playing Terraria, and to see Re-Logic do a lil comp to get a chance to have your own vanity set in-game, that made me happy to have something to do! So, without further adieu...

---===---

LIHZAHRD CEREMONIAL ARMOUR ROUGH CONCEPT

So, here's the rough concept I put together for the vanity set. Not to perfection, but wanted to get the core components down. The attire is simple and takes big inspiration from the Lihzahrd Tribe (Obviously). I wanted to have the attire fit the theme for the Lihzahrd temple and Golem. I think it would be neat to have a Lihzahrd themed costume, as well pay homage to them... Cause I like lizard people....

Lihzahrd Combat Armour (Comp).png

(There is two variation being the male and female. I wanted to have both have similar and unique features about them.)​

Male Variant (Right): Starting with the 'Head', being a simple skull mask. However, for those not of the Lihzahrd kin, the skull is attached to a cloth hood and comes with straps for easy adjustments. The 'Torso' section is covered with ceramic plates, with an inbuilt Lihzahrd power cell for decor. The shoulders and gauntlets are also made of the same materials, with the shoulders also coming with the power cells. The texture of these plates are similar to the material and surfaces of the intricate Lihzahrd temple blocks and Golem. Moving down to the 'Legs', the thighs and shins are protected with ceramic plating, while the knee guards have the power cells. A simple loin cloth covers the inner thigh region. The feet are cover with a simple leather boot, with decorative talons at the tip of the feet.

Female Variant (Left): Starting with the 'Head' , being cover with a skull mask. It is similar to the male, except the headgear comes with extravagant plumes of bright coloured feathers, for that stylistic look. The 'Torso' is covered with a simple cloth around the upper chest. While not having the ceramic plating for the chest piece, the decorative headgear makes up for it. The shoulders and gauntlets are similar as well to the male variant. Moving down to the 'Legs', which share the same features to the male variant, however without the knee guards.

Lihzahrd Combat Armour (Comp and Final details).png

(A coloured version of the Lihzahrd Ceremonial Armour design - being worn by humans!)

---===---

THE DEEP LORE!

(I don't think lore is needed for a submission, but it is always nice to have a story for a design!)​

The 'Lihzahrd Ceremonial Armour' lacks the capabilities and the functionality to be practical on the field. It's design and intentions are use for ritualistic manners. Those is the upper portion of the Lihzahrd's tribal society, would wear this decorate piece during rituals or a special event within their culture. The armour utilizes superb Lihzahrd craftsmanship to create an intricately designed ceramic plating, inbuilt with power cells. Rarely has this armour been use for combat purposes, however it is durable enough to sustain some blows, before it begins to crack... Unless the wearer cops a blow on the expose parts of their body.

---===---

LIHZARHD CEREMONIAL ARMOUR SPRITE
A simple sprite I have also created, I am not good with this kind of pixel art, but I have done some in the past. However, I don't think it looks too shabby and a complete mess to look at. I tried adding the core features resemble by the line art I have done. Of course, I could only do the male variant, as doing the female variant got me into a pickle. But, the two would be similar, except the female variant would have the cloth chest wrap, instead of the ceramic plates and with the additions of the decorative feathers.

Lihzahrd Armour Sprite.png

(The sprite of the male variant of the 'Lihzahrd Ceremonial Armour')

---===---

That's all I got! I'm sorry if this post was lil too lengthy! But I hope I got all the details needed for the submission! And I wish everyone else good luck!​

Last edited:
concept.png

A little nod to BONEWORKS , a VR game. Not great , but it's nice!

HEAD: riVR Headset.
TORSO: Void Suit.
LEGS / PANTS: Null Pants.

SET: The Streets. (only if the set name can be chosen of course!)

GL all!

Last edited:
I've spent good 4 hours painting this character like 2 weeks ago for our Warhammer sessions with friends
both pics related and about same mage
Untitled-2charred.png
pose2reflection.png

I would love to be featured in Terraria becouse our team always comes back to your game
and we cant wait for Journey's End update so this would be a great suprise for each one of us

samyi.png

Im not that great at making pixelart mad respect for your artist's
But it was fun to remake my creation with new limitations

widmer vanty).png

About legs who need's them, Lazure can live without them so can I 😉
And if i get somewhere with it please help me with sprite im not that happy with it

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (2).png
    pixil-frame-0 (2).png
    1.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
The_Lord.jpg

This is The Lords Robes outfit idea I had. The Lord is a character I made just for this, so yeh.
The hat is a jesters hat and the robe and shirt are the shirt and the pants with pink slippers are, you guessed it, the pants.
Note the gold stripes on one side of the robes, please include that for just that side.
Anyways I hope this gets in the game I've always really enjoyed Terraria and seeing it come to an end both makes me sad, and somewhat happy.

Here is my "Mocrium" (Pronounced Mo-Kree-Um) vanity set submission. I have created all parts of this set excluding animations and have separated them by set piece as shown.

JOURNEYS END VANITY COMPETITION FINAL.png

The set is separated into three parts:

-Mocrium Hood
-Mocrium Tunic/Cloak
-Mocrium Trousers

The only detail that would need to be specified is that I think that the blue on the cloak/hood would have a slight blue glow, nothing to the point of being like a light pet, but still noticeable.

I would of course love having my sprites that I have created be used if they are chosen, but if there are any revisions you guys find necessary I completely understand.

Thank you for this opportunity, and best of luck to everyone else!

Since this one must be really special, I thought, maybe the body can be special. I thought of the Minotaur. Sorry for my terrible artistic skills. The exta legs could just be part of the torso idk, and the front legs can be the movers. The body is really furry, and the legs are a little bended to the front. I know there's a Minotaur pet, but I'd love to see a big horned costume in any shape tbh.
*And if the extra legs don't work, just make it two legged with an iron belt.*
IMG_20200314_024403.jpg

This Vanity is called the "Green Slime Enthusiast" or just "Slime Enthusiast's" Set:
NanoJCPfp.PNG

It consists of a green slime hat (similar to the King Slime Hat but probably smaller and green) for the head;
A red sweater with a scarf attached for the torso slot;
And a pair of blue Jeans to finish off the look, with either black shoes or slime coloured "nubs" at the bottom.

This design of such casual clothing represents a "green slime fan", nothing too out there,. Just casual attire. Obviously, there's a Minecraft look towards it. This is artwork that I have permission to use freely/own, I'm using it as a visual aid for the real Vanity. Obviously the real set shouldn't have a Mojang logo, or look as cubic as it does, this just aids the description.

Hat name/Lore: Slime Enthusiast's Hat/Boing boing!
Torso Name/Lore: Slime Enthusiast's Sweater/Warning, Extra Highly Flammable.
Legs Name/Lore: Slime Enthusiast's Pants/Warning, Extra Highly Flammable.

Obviously since Gel is flammable, I chose the lore "Warning,Extra Highly Flammable." for the torso and leggings slots as I believe that as clothing is already flammable, it would be comedic to put that for something already advertised as flammable (Gel).

Hopefully this wins, and good luck to everyone else entering! :) <3

Last edited:
Ok, so i saw this and instantly broke out the ms paint gridlines lol.
I was trying to create a set that looked like it was made out of electricity and would zip around and just generally be really fast , something that didnt need much protection because it could simply dodge whatever was coming towards it
this is my first attempt at sprite work ever so don't judge it too harshly lol
let's hope I'm one of the finalists!
terraria vanity comp.png

Last edited:
Introducing: the Mewrmour! (great name I know), this is a set based on our favourite blade meowmere, but sadly, it won't give you any buffs or stats ( cuz it is a vanity set :3). It will give you a rainbow effect similar to the projectiles from our beloved blade while you are moving, there is a drawing of both depictions. It also contains separate images of the pieces. It would be nice if you would add a little glow to it. (you could also change the name if it is that bad)

It has been a great opportunity, and even if you don't win, be proud that you at least contended in this competition.

Anyways, we'll wait for the finals, and good luck to everyone else <3
Mewrmour..png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom