Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, um, this is my upload. Hehe...

Virtual Scort Outfit. - A outfit from a "Virtual Space".
Virtual Scort Outfit.

By
Kevsho212.

I'm not good at drawing, let alone pixel art. As much as I wished, I would not be able to demonstrate what I think through art. However, an item that I miss in the game since the 1.3 release was an vanity item made from Moon Lord. Like a greenish armor with tentacles coming out of the helmet and with a black aura around it, something simple, but complicated to acquire. Only after the moolord's first death could the item be made from rare mysterious fragments (Moon Lord Bones, Hide, Tears, etc. Or drop like a developer armor). With the description "Whoever wears this armor does not crave power or wealth, but only to show that he has challenged and conquered everything, and that it will continue until his journey ends"

I know it looks pretty bad but, hey I tried my best.

I call it the Drusillans Outfit, it's a word i made up for a story I might one day tell.
As you can see I had trouble with the hat like a lot of it, because i have never done pixel art before, and the drawn art also looks bad.

The Outfit is supposed to give off a bit of a magical feel, which is why i chose purple as the dominant color, the yellow crest is also there to try and help with the magical feel.
Oh, and the hair is just one of terrarias default hairs so, no need to pay attention to the hair, I was going to put the hat on their head but that did not work out very well since i don't know how to do pixel art at all.

The picture i drew is just the clothes because I don't yet know how to draw people.

Have a good day and thank you for taking the time to look at my bad pixel art and my bad drawn art, sincerely, internet user, botored.

Attachments

• Drusillans Crest Outfit Plus Drusillan Witches Hat.png
    Drusillans Crest Outfit Plus Drusillan Witches Hat.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Badly Drawn Outfit.jpg
    Badly Drawn Outfit.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
The final adventure. -submission-

This is my submission as this is the journeys end i have created my own sprite which as you can see is an adventurer and the backstory is that he has come back from his final adventure, his journeys end. he has many "trophies" from his journeys such as an arrow in his hat and a backpack full of sweet loot. e.g. a golf club which is hanging out the back. (i know its hard to tell) and even a stray leaf which resides and his hat which shows the trecherous terrain this character has journeyed through, and finally a bracelet looted from the depths of who knows where? by now you may have noticed the green strip around his chest? well my idea for this would be that this vanity set cauld be obtained before any bosses but as a rare drop maybe. My reasoning? because my idea is for each boss that has been slain a colour would appear onto the band/strip and would signify another part of a person's journey complete! defeating all bosses would reward the player with a beautiful vanity set and it would give people something to work towards in the long run and im sure it would be satisfying completing it, its all in the fun! A few things to add: the vanity set would not give and vanity hairstyle unless you wanted it too so that people can still glimpse their hair through the hat. It would not change the player skin colour but im sure it wouldve been like that anyway, and finally, how it would be separated. -the aroow and leaf would be tied to the hat, the band and bag full of goodies would be tied to the chestpiece and the boot would just be the boots(i feel they need something but i dont know what, maybe a splash of mud?) Thank you ever so much for reading through this and i hope it wasnt tiring im looking forward to seeing others submissions and i hope everyone has fun. even the judges! Bye - Dylan (Fish)

Attachments

• My submission.PNG
    My submission.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 101
oooooook so did i make a bootleg leinfors outfit... maybe
i have the item sprites and my vanity full body. i used star bound for the outfit because i'm to lazy to remake all parts (i deleted them months ago OK) the item sprites are poorly re skins of leinfors outfit. if i do win by some miracle please make it look presentable. whelp this is my vanity set

Item Descriptions;
Boots: "you put on, you feel the power run through you."
Coat: "you bear your coat, surprisingly cozy."
Hat:
"you feel the need to keep your hair fresh."

Attachments

• grandmasters hat.png
    grandmasters hat.png
    398 bytes · Views: 94
  • grandmasters coat.png
    grandmasters coat.png
    519 bytes · Views: 95
  • grandmasters boats.png
    grandmasters boats.png
    302 bytes · Views: 91
  • Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    9.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I can't draw at all, so I'm providing a picture of the character as a reference:
This is the main character of Kid Chameleon, the old Sega game. The game revolves around being able to transform to combat certain enemies and/or get through obstacles, and I think that idea may work in Terraria. An offshoot of this I thought about is the ability to take on an enemy's ability after defeating said enemy, such as being able to spawn friendly Servants of Cthulu after defeating the Eye of Cthulu or shoot laser beams after defeating one of the mechanical bosses. Some kind of mimic ability, in short. And wearing this character's outfit would make the option appear, though the mimic ability would change every time a boss is defeated, changing up the effect and allowing the player to experience more abilities as they get more experienced with the game.

kidchameleonjpg.jpg

I Made this because i love slimes. I hope i can win so i can form a part of my favorite Game forever, it would be like having a bit of me in it haha.
IMG_20200314_220645.jpg
anyways, i made this vanity set with watercolors and crayons, hopefully you'll like it!.
It's the friendslime set and it features some cute animated mini slimes, as well as pinky , and a rainbow band that represents the wide variety of slimes there are in the game. Thank You!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom