Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
terrariaset.png

I call it the suit of sharing

i attempted to recreate a tengu from the japanese yokay culture by using this version as a model
tengu model.png

this is the final result. the intent was to create a bodysuit-like vanity set to turn entirely into a tengu (as you can see from the red used for the mask and also for legs and arms)
terraria tengu pixel.png

this need a pair of wings to be fully complete, but since the game is full of them this isn't an issue.

i really like how it came out, but i'm not sure if this design count for the contest, as the tengu as a creature is not an original concept of mine (the pixel version is)

Terraria Costume Contest thingie.png

Here we go! I have had it separated into the 3 slots for easy access. My discord username is "InTheHoodster#6969" but if that doesn't work because nitro runs out or something, my Instagram is this: Hoodster | フッドスター (@inthehoodster_art) • Instagram photos and videos and my steam is "InTheHoodster"

Some additional notes would be that the gauntlet thing on his arm is only on that one side, the other side is just a sleeve. Another note is that the hairdo I made could be included with the glasses, but it would be better if they were not so you can rock your own style. When dyed, it should be able to completely change the color of the jacket and glasses, not just add a opaque layer on top with a the dye's color.

I thought that Terraria could use a Greek/Roman vanity set, and I've always liked the look of these kinda flowy robes or whatever, as well as the cool olive wreath that they used.

Maybe you could aqcuire this set in the marble biome or something as I think it fits the vibe.

I made these designs:

roman.png
image0.png

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Here is my vanity design. One of my favorite helmet designs is the Scout helmet from Halo 4, so I used that for inspiration. I was trying to make the overall design look like a techy knight sort of thing with a large right pauldron and a small left one. I drew the leg piece similarly to the Titanium legs since they are one of my favorite looking leg pieces.
Solid_Vanity.png

I can't wait to see more of what everyone else's vanities will look like. Good luck to everybody!

Edit: My attempt at making the sprite.
Vanity_Sprite.png

Last edited:
Screenshot_2020-03-13-21-28-55.png

-=O=- "Forgiven's Ones Armor" -=O=-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my concept, i dont do pixel art so it was hard but i tryed hope the team could
get my point, the orange is supposed to be "light"in the armor and the legs are a twister
Because is a soul of a dead warrior, i got inspired by the Loki's set, and some armors of
Dead Space! Please consider it i put effort/love on it u.u💟

(Idea by me, ur not going to find it nowhere else and im sorry for the screenshoot had all
that info, i just could do that, otherwise it would have lost quality).

Inspirations to have an idea of how to armor is:

Resultado de imagen para dead space armaduras
Loki's set equipped

Attachments

• ArmorTerraria01.png
    ArmorTerraria01.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
This is the RaZbot set! I have basically no experience with pixel art, but I thought I'd give it a shot. The theme is a futuristic robot (I only learned after starting this that a robot costume exists already in the game... but oh well, mine is totally different anyway).

As someone who likes to mix and match vanity sets, I wanted each individual piece of the set to work as a standalone, but I'm not sure how well I achieved this with my limited artistic ability. Anyway, hope you guys like the idea and I'm sure the real Terraria artists could do a much better job!

Small Images: (jeesh, those really are tiny)

Full Set.png
Without Helmet.png
Just Helmet.png
Just Chestpiece.png
Just Greaves.png

Big Images:
Full Set Large.png
Without Helmet Large.png
Just Helmet Large.png
Just Chestpiece Large.png
Just Greaves Large.png

I was trying to stick with the typical Terraria precedent of a black outline, which is part of the reason all the details are kinda mashed together :(

Alright gamers. I have proposed a disgusting vanity set called "The Crystalline Amphibian."

Crystalline Amphibian Concept Art.png
The Crystalline Amphibian.png
(psst, here's the version that would look most accurate in game:
, and here is the 1x1 version:
)

Anyways, this lad has eyes on his face, chest, and an eye on that weird angler-looking thing that I attached on his head. The specific names for each part of the set could be called the crystalline amphibian mask, crystalline amphibian shirt, and the crystalline amphibian pants. Note that this sprite I made is 100% yours to mingle with, if this creature is somehow chosen (like for example, you could make the angler eye thing bob up and down as the creature walks). Go on, developers, take it's body! (Although you probably already knew that)

Also, here are 3 parts of it's body:
The Crystalline Amphibian Parts.png
The Crystalline Amphibian Parts 2.png
and here they are as items:
The Crystalline Amphibian Item Parts.png

So, as I close this post, I just wanna say that the fact that we have the opportunity to put our unique vanity sets in this game is amazing. Thank you so much for allowing us to do something like this, and I hope that whatever you guys pick is a great option that makes Terraria just a little more awesome. :D

Last edited:
Pizza .png

Its a literal pizza costume where the players legs and arms are the same as when made but it has a pizza crust and a bit of cheese head, a purely cheese body with some toppings on its (pepperoni and sausages) and a bit of a tip to the pizza as the legs. The eyes of course still peep out.

I would love to see some Jedi and/or Sith armor in the game. Me and my friends love Star Wars, and we love playing Terraria. I can’t even count how many times I have created new characters and started over. I have even created Obi-Wan Kenobi from episode one: the phantom menace, after I did that I created myself as a Jedi in legos and in the game. I just think so many people would love some Star Wars items since the phasesaber, and the phaseblades are already basically lightsabers. Who wouldn’t love to actually roll play Star Wars in Terraria? Me and my friends have done that so many times, so please Terraria, please add some Star Wars armor for the final major Terraria update, I mean after all, this is Journey’s End.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom