Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The slime suit: The major idea is to make your character look slimy. When wearing the full set, jumping or falling causes the player to morph into a slime, this process then uses the color/die of the head piece to define the color of the slime form. When walking in human form, the legs would sort of stretch or shuffle to the side you are traveling instead of showing actual steps.

Attachments

• For John.gif
    For John.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 106
The Boys.PNG

It's a crab in a suit, a couple different color schemes but the left-most one is the main concept(maybe crabs don't don't wear black suits?)
The walk animation could involve wobbling eye's or snipping the claws, maybe legs might flip flop since they're stuffed inside the pants
I like crabs, and i just like the idea of wobbly eye crab man fighting bosses

Derpling Armour, Took me around 2-3 hours to make (ik right too long for trash like this) But its my first time posting on here and submitting.
Terraria Devs feel free to modify it in anyway if its chosen but i hope you guys enjoy

(Its A Bit Small)

Attachments

• Derpling With Arms Finished.png
    Derpling With Arms Finished.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 139
idk just an idea i came up with for a completely unique piece of armor and a concept that has never been seen in terraria. The whole gist being the item is like the worm scarf but put through a physics engine instead of keyframing each animation, making something like Monster Hunter World: Iceborne's Sealed Dragon Cloth. An even better example would be Jigglypuff's headband in Super Smash Bros. melee

Attachments

• submission.png
    submission.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
This is my submission! An African Wild Dog Costume! It would be like the Goodie bag costumes but the mask would fully cover the head.

Attachments

• 713F21F7-F5B5-49ED-8CF0-31E7F5DFEA77.png
    713F21F7-F5B5-49ED-8CF0-31E7F5DFEA77.png
    253.3 KB · Views: 129
My submission is The Shrunk Set. It basically is like the Character was shrunk but is not. The pant legs drag behind the Character when they walk, and the sleeves go over the hands (mostly).
IMG_20200313_222429.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_222429.jpg
    IMG_20200313_222429.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 96

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
Vanity set.png
Vanity set.png

Made a military themed vanity set that would fit well with the guns in the game, (sniper, shotgun etc), and would be perfect for those wanting to play the ranger class. Included a forest and desert colour scheme, maybe the colours could change depending on which biome you’re in, such as the forest, desert, or snow biome, or just the dye that is equiped.

The helmet has a pair of goggles with an orange lens, and I wanted to include some bullets or an ace of spades card under the strap of the goggles as an extra detail. The vest/middle segment also includes a back pack on the back, and a bandage/cloth wrapped around the arm. An ammo belt or some grenades could be added for detail. The pants are fairly basic so maybe a grenade on the hip could make it more unique.

Could possibly be bought from the arms dealer/travelling merchant, or obtained in the dungeon from the tactical skeleton, skeleton commando, or skeleton sniper as a drop.

Thanks for this opportunity and I hope you all like it!

0AEABB02-5E55-4B6B-9A2A-92E730CC1998.gif

Last edited:
Hello, I would like to introduce you to Treee. (Temporary name)

treeee-pixilart.png
treeee-pixilart.png

Treee is as you can tell, a living tree. He could be bought from the dryad or be crafted from wood and seeds or something.
Suggestion for if you want to give it a use: When holding "S" and you are standing on grass you can disguise yourself as a small tree/bush and mobs won't notice you (if they haven't seen you transform).

You can also add a bird to him if you want :)
treee-+-bird-pixilart.png
treee-+-bird-pixilart.png

Good luck everyone <3

P.S. Some of the images may be slightly stretched so keep that in mind

Last edited:
TerrariaHoodieSet.PNG

I looked at the current in-game vanity sets and saw that despite there being some modern day fashion there, there were no hoodies or headphones, thus those get merged into the same set, as well the track suit pants. individually the 3 pieces would fit with already existing vanities, like the beanie, sunglasses, caps, etc to further the urban look or just adding tracksuit pants to more supernatural or alien designs could give them a more relaxed look. Also I really like hoodies : ).

With minimum additions to the Headset it could be converted into a "gamer headset" by adding a glow-mask to the currently yellow areas.
The upcoming (?) "Chroma" support could also potentially be reflected in the headset by synchronizing the colors of the glow-mask to those of the Chroma keyboard (as in those of the current biome with the headsets colors more simply), making it a sort of funny meta-accessory... though I am aware of programming hassles with that : S.

This is my vanity piece, i call it RealSwagga (or whatever Relogic decide to call it if they add it in). The 'SC' parts on the arm basically mean those part of the arms are visible and will show the player's actual arms. I apologize for the lack of shading as i was in a bit of a rush since it was very late. Good luck, everyone! I wish y'all the best. (BTW the female version is exactly the same as this one.)
1584157341500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom