Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope You Like My Project.
new.png
new2.png

My Idea is the Sleek Snazzy Strawberry Suit. The strawberry is a commonly grown hybrid species of the genus Fragaria, collectively known as the strawberries. They are grown worldwide for their juicy red fruit. The strawberry is widely appreciated for its characteristic aroma, red color and sweetness. It is usually consumed in large quantities, either fresh or in prepared foods such as jam, pies, ice cream, milkshakes, and chocolates.

Now that you know what a Strawberry is, I will explain to you why a strawberry vanity item would be perfect.
  1. Strawberries are one of, if the not the most popular berry.
  2. It is something different. Terraria has so many armor, knights, and people skins. I think a food skin would change it up and be kind of fun to wear.
So your probably convinced by now that a Strawberry Man vanity item would be perfect. I will show you how I believe you should be able to obtain this item.
chestgolkd.png.
My idea is that you should have a 20% chance of obtaining the set through a desert temple golden chest. The loot pool in that chest is kinda lame, because it only has 3 things; The pharaoh vanity, magic carpet, and sandstorm in a bottle. I believe that if my Strawberry Set, along with maybe some other items was in that loot pool, it would spice things up a bit in the desert biome. I fully understand if you are unable to do this, as it was just a suggestion.

I had to spend some time thinking of a name for my vanity item. I decided on keeping my theme of "s". Hopefully you like these name Re-logic, but feel free to change them.

The Sleek Snazzy Strawberry Suit has three pieces. These are: Strawberry Slides, Strawberry Sweater, and finally, Strawberry Sombrero.

I really want to thank you Re-logic for all you have done. I got Terraria first on my iPad, and I played through the whole thing multiple times. The game was so unique, with all the fun boss fights, and other things to do. When 1.3 update came out, I immediately purchased it on my new computer through steam. 1.3 was a big improvement from the original game, which was already great. I also want to thank you for giving me this opportunity to contribute to your fabulous game. I am sad that 1.4 will be the last update, but I can understand that you want to work on something new. Good Luck to everyone entering in this competition, hope you enjoy it as well.

:) - Cyrus

Last edited:
This is my vanity set.
I call it The Disguise.
The head should just be a bunny sprite stacked on top of the slime below it, you can resprite it however you want, I'm not a great artist.
The chest piece should have a blue slime stacked on top of the thing below it.
The leggings are quite simple, its just a goldfish really trying to hold up everyone else.
Hope you like it and good luck to you all!

1584201573979.png

Last edited:
Vanity_Entry.png

Here is the Scarecrow set. I designed this around the classic scarecrow that are on farms. I drew inspiration for the legs from sets like the Mermaid set, where the legs are no longer legs but something else. As stated in the picture, the legs could flap around when you go fast.

Untitled.png

Not very pretty but this is my vanity skin "The hunchback" is isn't very pretty but this is my idea and thought it would be pretty cool in the game.

Alright, I don't know if I can get away with this, but:
Spanish Outfits.png

A Spanish Outfit set, which changes appearance depending on the Player's gender. I would've gone for Mexican, seeing I'm Mexican and all that, but I don't know my own damn culture at all, so here we are.
A thing to note is that the flower on the Female variant's head will always stay on the same side of the head, meaning that turning around when facing right will have the flower be behind the Player's head.

Well I am not an artist like a lot of us, but I want to participate as well :D
So for my idea:
Since we have the Night's Edge in game (very good sword design) I wish there was an endgame\lategame armor based on gathering different hard to get sets and combining them into a dark, Night's Armor with some dark setbonuses and some additional effects when using the Night's Edge/Swords made with it.

Think through it, and Good Luck for everyone! I hope you choose something Terraria-Worthy!

Terraria_jacket.png

Be the King with the "Old Blues set"

-head: a hairstyle wich was popular during the Rock ’n’ Roll era
-torso: a black leather jacket with a white shirt
-legs: some blue jeans with grey shoes

idea.png

Here's my submission.
I haven't put much thought into how it could be obtained (possibly a drop from angry nimbus or craftable with cloud). I haven't got a name either, but I'm sure you'll come up with something great.

Anyways, It consists of a cloud head, torso and legs. As you jump/ fly, rain drops fall from you (1). If you are in the snow biome, these raindrops fall instead as snowflakes (isn't that nice) (3). Not only that, but ,as you walk, you leave behind small puffs of cloud (much like the Hermes boots) (4). Also, in the new wind event, larger puffs of cloud fall off you, even if you're standing still (2).

I hope to be considered in your choosing and I think it would be the coolest if my idea became part of a game I've been following since 2013.
Looking forward to 1.4!
(sorry, my artistic skills are lacking. made in ms paint)

Edit: I'd just like to add a few more ideas, if that's alright. I thought of the name 'the jolly nimbus', although I don't care if you use a different one instead. I've also been thinking it might be cool if the rain matched the biome water ie red in crimson, turquiose in jungle. Also think it would be cool if the blue streaks through the cloud emitted a dull glow in darkness, just enough so that you can sort of see your character. That's all for now!

Edit 2: I feel I should explain the design (last minute, I know). The head is cloud shaped with two upward facing crescents, resembling cheery eyes. The whole design is a grey colour with streaks of blue. As mentioned above these, these give a dim glow.

Last edited:
*I call it the [Rainbow Knight]

*This is my vanity Armour set that I was wanting for such a long time the minute I went into hard mode saw the Rainbow slime I knew it was my favorite enemy

* I wanted to make a vanity Armour so that way I could put living rainbow dye on my slime mount with rainbow armor on

*this is my concept art for a rainbow slime vanity

*I entered the contest last time that we had a chance to I didn't get close to winning I bet but I have a chance now that's all I care about I just want to make my name be imprinted into the game basically because this was my childhood this was a lot of our childhoods this game it is probably one of the best games I've ever played it is been able to help me cope with death a family member I love this game and as soon as I heard that they would end Terraria I knew it would still live on I just want to be one of the ones to have their name placed into the line of Gods.

-Thank you Terreria for all that you helped us with.

-from (DudongKing)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200314-1042001.png
    Screenshot_20200314-1042001.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 98
This is "The Grand Outfit". The outfit is really just a rubber duck costume so the name is quite a funny opposite. Each part of the set could just have a drop chance from ducks, but i find it way funnier if they were spread out and really hard to get (unlike you would expect from a duck costume). The Grand Outfit would probably be a great fit with yellow colored angel wings. I feel like terraria needs some more ducks.

PSX_20200314_152310.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom