Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the “Enlightened Cultist Robes”. In the default state, they are white with teal or blue accents. There is a pair of glowing blue eyes under the hood. In the Awakened form, which is activated while in battle, a bright golden energy flows through the robes, rippling off of the top of the hood and shoulders of the robe, and causing the blue accents to appear as a gold/yellow color, similar to the mysterious tablet that the cultists worship in the dungeon. The two blue eyes disappear and become one, bright, large, golden eye. When these robes are dyed, only the accents and the eye(s) would change color, leaving the rest as a white or dull grey color.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enlightened hood tooltip- You feel like putting this on isn’t the best idea...
Enlightened robe tooltip- There is a dark and ominous power emanating from every stitch of these robes... it causes a sharp tingling sensation when you touch it.

This set would be acquired by taking the cultist set and combining it with all four cosmic fragments at the ancient manipulator.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Apologies for the art, I’m not quite as skilled as some of the other artists on this thread, but I tried my best. Thank you for your consideration of my idea, I just wanted to make sure I at least made an effort to win the contest! Best of luck to everyone who entered!
image.jpg
image.jpg

1584208793412.png

Sorry for the awkward blackness, my computer is having weird restrictions uploading this photo.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That said, this is my attempt at a armor set, I like to call this set the "Wisp Guardian set"
Head: Flaming Apparel
Body: Guardian Culet
Leggings: Guardian Sabatons
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Flaming Apparel" would need animation, but that would be all.
(by the way I'm sorta new to pixel art, I know some shading and lighting would need to be adjusted.)

Neon Guard Costume
Neon Guard Standard and Boss Mode done.png
neon guard.png

This First Image is the Design and the second is the idea and reference, the boss mode idea is that it changes to red when fighting a boss for aesthetic looks as it is a vanity item, Neon Guard was just the first thing i thought of because the suit has neon lights which was the idea, but I'm not great at naming things. its kinda a cyberpunk police or scifi brawler suit.

Terraria Vanity.gif
Cash Bag by the Clash.jpg

I tried to include all the information required onto the screen. I haven't touched pixel art at all before this and spent a day trying to make a clear and good sprite. The system for cash in the bag is one that works with only inventory or including the piggy bank. ( I am also known as clashtheperson on Steam, Reddit and other sources, I just made this account before that became my main username.) Working on the actual project without the scrapped parts took 10 hours. It was a long project and I just hope it is one of the better ones.

Banner.PNG

"Fire Fighter" Suit .

-Head are gas mask (You don't see face of character)
-Fire Suit it's a normal suit with a yellow, gray strips like on picture and a gray strip at the end of arm
-Pants (Shoes) , Legs whatever are the same as torso and also have a gray strip at the end of pants

All i want to see in game is a gask mask similiar to the picture because i didn't saw anyone. I hope everyone understand my idea of this and outfit will be in game :)
Icons:
Head_Icon.PNG

Torso_Icon.PNG

Legs_Icon.PNG

Yes this vanity looks in creation at some parts bad but i believe this one can win
Also seeing other people's work (without insulting anyone) I think I have similar chances or greater

Attachments

• Head.PNG
    Head.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Torso.PNG
    Torso.PNG
    6.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Legs.PNG
    Legs.PNG
    4.3 KB · Views: 79
Hi I don’t know how to submit but here is my submission. I’m hoping this will work out otherwise I’ll find the place where I should submit this

Hi I don’t know how to submit but here is my submission. I’m hoping this will work out otherwise I’ll find the place where I should submit this

The full set is called
Shadowy Nightmare

The eyes glow and the weird smoke clouds they can be added if you want. Sorry-

Attachments

• 997F6A5B-3CC3-4C67-903E-2CCC4D1F0CBF.jpeg
    997F6A5B-3CC3-4C67-903E-2CCC4D1F0CBF.jpeg
    642.4 KB · Views: 136
1584208781260.png
Atlantian/Atlantic Set.
Includes: Hat (glasses), chest piece, leggings, and wings.

Extra Items: I thought it would be fun to add a few extra items to the set to add some uniqueness to my submission.
1584208907182.png

Atlantian Blaster- Works like the confetti gun, non-consumable, shoots aquatic-colored confetti.
1584209002411.png

Atlantian Grav-rod- A fishing rod, not totally vanity because it can actually be used as a tool, but i was thinking that the bait thingy could sink down to the ocean floor because the set is themed around Atlantis wich is supposed to be underwater.

1584209149687.png

Here's the set without wings for reference of where the armor ends.

Names and tooltip ideas:
Glasses- Abyssal Visor. "Can't see anything? At least you look cool."
Chest plate- Atlantic Armor. "Too worn down by water to provide any protection.
Legs- Void Striders. "Sprint through the ocean like there's something to do there. (There isn't.)"
Wings- Atlantian Glider. "From the sea to the stars, you still can't breathe." Wings maybe stay open like Arkhalis's?

No tooltip yet for the blaster or grav-rod

Notes- Sorry for the long submission, but I feel like I have to add every detail possible to have a decent chance. Also, while I think the fishing rod may not go too well with the set as it actually does something useful, I still stand by the idea of a harmless confetti gun-like item. The lack of hair is because I used a mannequin model, Hair will be shown. Glow-mask for the lighter blue parts of the wings and legs, and the center piece of the chest plate.

I hope you guys enjoy my submission, I hope it makes it in to the update, and even if it doesn't, I'm still really excited to see the winner.

Thanks for giving me something to do during the quarantine and the challenge of making something Terraria worthy.
(page 69 gang!)

Last edited:
Introducing my Vanity Submission..

The Whimsical Dream-Phantom Set!
PicsArt_03-26-05.53.28.jpg

(The stars on the pixel art are not present due to lack of space!)

The Set,
- Dreamers Cap (Hat)
- Autumnal Robe (Torso)
- Cloud Slippers (Legs)

Effects,
The idea for all clouds is to have them puff out tiny clouds when you move. The stars on the robe would be glowmasked.

Story,
The outfit was said to be worn by a wandering phantom, who spreads good dreams to those he appears to. Either that he's nice or it's to distract them so he can steal their possessions. We still don't know, wear on your own risk of getting beat up.

Contests are fun! Thanks Re-Logic!

Last edited:

Greetings Terrarians!

The development team at Re-Logic were having a chat the other day about just how creative the Terraria community is - from art to music to in-game creations, you all are simply amazing. That got us to thinking... what better way to reward that creativity in the final Journey's End update than to give all of you creative geniuses a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your very own vanity armor design into the game itself?

That's right - we are giving everyone a chance to submit their own original ideas for Terraria Vanity Armor/Outfits (Head/Torso/Legs), and the winners will see their ideas make it into the game for the Journey's End update! This is your chance to design your own brand new vanity outfit that you'd like to see added to the game! This is sort of like finding that golden ticket and getting to visit the chocolate factory, except there is no tour and no lifetime supply of chocolate... only fame and glory and bragging rights forever listed in one of the best video games ever crafted.

As you might imagine, there are some rules and guidelines and such that are important for you to follow - however, inside of these guidelines, have at it! Anything your minds can dream up, we want to hear about it!

You can also check out the Contest Submission Thread to see current submissions!
Please note! ALL SUBMISSIONS must be posted in the submission thread! If they are only posted in this thread, they will not be considered valid!

index.php

GUIDELINES & RULES
WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in the contest submission thread! Entries MUST be posted in the submission thread to be considered valid submissions! If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in this thread, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

HOW WILL THE WINNERS BE SELECTED?
  • The Re-Logic team will select a list of finalists from all of the entries that are submitted by 11:59pm Eastern on April 13, 2020. If this thread is locked, you are too late!
  • We will reveal the finalists on the Weekly Stream later that week (April 17th) , and then we will post them here after the stream.
  • These finalists will be submitted for a community vote across all of our community platforms (TCF, Social Media, Discord, etc) - voting will commence after the reveal steam and conclude in one week, on April 24th. Voting instructions will be provided at that time.
  • There will be no more than three (3) winning entries.

HECK YEAH, I WON! NOW WHAT?
  • Re-Logic will directly contact the winners so that we can begin the process of adding your design into the game.
  • Please note that some creative license in regards to the interpretation on behalf of our artists is expected - so be flexible. (don't worry, we will make it amazing)
  • Re-Logic will have the final say on approval for the winning designs (actual art and text going in-game)
  • The winner's name will be included in some way in the tooltip and/or naming for the item, so that you can always pull it up in game to brag to your buddies. :cool:
  • Once we arrive on a final design, just wait for the day when Journey's End arrives and you can run around in your very own vanity creation!

LEGAL STUFF
  • By participating in the contest, you agree to relinquish all rights to your vanity design to Re-Logic for inclusion into the game. Winners will be required to sign a document to that effect.
  • If you are under the legal age to sign legal documents in your country (eg. Under 18 in most countries), you will need your parent or guardian to sign as well - so be sure to get that permission in advance! :)

index.php
pencil guy by cole.png
pencil guy by cole.png

Heres my sumbmision! Its the clothes of a comic character I made called light walker! he has a golden hood a red shirt with a cape and a pair of blue trousers and boots!
Light walker.png

Yo team Re-Logic! Just look at this masterpiece!!! The perfectly drawn lines, with the most gorgeous face, and just look at dem shoes!!! The perfect, ultimate.......

jack in a box? Well some might call it that! But I shall call it the Journey's End costume! With the green hat as vanity helmet, the yellow V-neck T-shirt being the torso, and the G L O R I O U S pink box along with the socks and shoes, being the legs. Hope you enjoy it!

jorneyz.png

Electrolyte armor.
electrolite_armor.png

This is a hardmode armor set, it has:
Helmet - 10 armor, +10% ranged damage
Made of: 10 stars, 10 orichalcum (Only orilchalcum! Not mythril!) bars and 5 blinkroots
Chestplate - 12 armor, +10% chance to not consume arrows
Made of: 12 stars, 15 orichalcum bars and 7 blinkroots
Boots - 11 armor, +10% arrow speed
Made of: 11 stars, 12 orichalcum bars and 6 blinkroots
SET BONUS: after taking damage, an electric field will form around you (for ~3 seconds) and zap every enemy around you in an electric chain (~50 damage)
electrolite_helmet.png

electrolite_chestplate.png

electrolite_boots.png

Last edited:
ah, if this might be fine? it's the forest lord, lord of forest things

• head is a set of horns with hair either visible or clipped
  • torso is a green cloak that covers the legs and hands
  • (i was not sure whether to include the scarf with the head or the torso)
  • legs are just a pair of pants with black boots
  • boots could leave behind flowers in the air that fade after a few seconds
    forest lord.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom