Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brainlet.
2020-03-13_19.31.47.png

Amulet of Cthulhu. Dropped by Eye of Cthulhu. 25% chance. Hopefully, it's added!

Attachments

• Amulet of Cthulhu-1.png.png
    Amulet of Cthulhu-1.png.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 101
Arin set
Arin set 2.png
Arin set.png
Based of Arin, a character i made
Arin.png

Arin's goggles.png
Arin's goggles
Vanity item
"They're goggles, watd ya expect?"

Arin's hoodie.png

Arin's Hoodie
Vanity item
"Feels cozy"

Arin's shorts.png

Arin's Shorts
Vanity item
"Black, just like my soul"

Random drop from dungeon enemies

Last edited:
Set Name: "Android Suit"
Uncraftable,
Purchasable from either the Cyborg or the Steampunker on a blood moon,
The image is mere concept and you can change it to however you see fit,
Steam name (Me because bragging rights are rights nonetheless): Exxcluded.

Attachments

• AndroidSuit.png
    AndroidSuit.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 103
Enjoy my bad pixel art skills, introducing trash man, he is a trash can. He is also using a bepis box for his shoe. And his sleeves are plastic bags. That's it.

Attachments

• DASASDQWAE.jpg
    DASASDQWAE.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 96
Hay! just wanted to say that the eyes and plantara are NOT pets and give no benifits and are apart of the vanity.

Attachments

• pixle art for terraria.jpg
    pixle art for terraria.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 107
Blacksmith_Terraria_Entry.png

"Blacksmiths set"

A. "Traditional headband" A classical headband worn by Japanese blacksmiths, meant to encourage hard work and endurance. As with other headbands, the character keeps their original hairstyle.

B. "Forge Apron" The expected safety equipment of a Terrarian hard at work on their home. The apron extends below the waist and does visually cover the legs of the character. The white tank top is a part of the torso piece.

C. "Steel Toe Boots" Tough leather boots with a steel plate to protect the toes. OSHA approved. The boots extend around the leg, unlike the regular shoe of the base model. More detail, such as laces or a sole, could be added. I am undecided if the boots should change the character's pant color or not. I believe that changing the color would be a good idea, considering dark pants would become indistinguishable from the apron and boots.

I chose to make this set for its versatility and usability. It would look fantastic with other construction tools, such as the tool belt. The headband and the work boots can be swapped with other sets easily, and so can the apron. Pairing the apron with goggles, for example, would give the player the look of an engineer. I hope you enjoy this simplistic and interchangeable set.

1584211129398.png
"Necroprancer set"
This is my submission for the vanity contest! (I hope I put it in the right thread :p)
Head (Necroprancer hood)- the hood
Torso (Necroprancer cloak)- The dark cloak/skirt thing
Legs (Necroprancer socks)- the light blue legs

This design doesn't have arms, so maybe the weapons/tools could just work as normal but kinda floating?
If that isn't okay, then maybe something like two small floating circles beside the torso that are the same magenta/purple as the face could work as arms.
Also, the eyes are intentionally lopsided to make it look a little silly.

I'm not very used to contests, but I will share my submission.

It's supposed to be an Angry Bones vanity set which will have a very rare chance of dropping from Angry Bones. It's called the Skeleterrarian Set, but that's what I put in the mod.

It will also change the torso color to purple if your character is female.

If you want to see my full submission, then go to this link:
My submission (MediaFire)

Attachments

• MadBonesBasic.png
    MadBonesBasic.png
    834 bytes · Views: 98
not gonna lie im terrible at art so if anyone whould like to draw this instead how about a jotaro kujo outfit called the crusader set

entry img 1.PNG

Here's my entry, ft. an unnecessary front view & some sprites.

As for naming it, I have a few ideas: Casual Set (Casual Cap, Casual Jacket, Casual Shorts), Street Set (Street Cap, Street Coat, Street Shorts), and Trucker Set (Trucker Cap, Trucker Jacket, Trucker Pants) with preference for the first name.

Edit: hair should come out from the bottom of hat (like in the non sprite sideview drawing the side of the character's hair is showing)

Last edited:

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
it's a scarecrow
Untitled-1.jpg

here you can see a better look at it
scarecrow.jpg

20160610-003.jpg

How about I put myself in the game? XD haha.

My design is of course the King of Reload, which also has a pretty deep meaning to it.

I called myself King, because back then I was bullied a lot, which I couldn't really handle, I shut myself out from people, I called myself a king because a king is most of the times also pretty lonely. I had a lot of skills, which some were jealous of so I got left out from everything.

For the reload part, its because I sometimes wished I was able to reload back into time, making the mistakes I made undone, I made a lot of mistakes back in my life and still do make a lot. But I'm as of now happy with the way who I am, so I would've probably chosen a different name now if I'd have to make one up.

I hope my design may make it into the game and may I prove to my past bullies that nothing is able to push me down! :)
10.png

Here s my set, Based off the best Terraria streamer TVGBadger!

It is basically a badger wearing a cowboy hat and a belt with extra utilities already for exploring and surviving those hardcore runs!

He is also a fast boi!

Attachments

• badger_PNG14.png
    badger_PNG14.png
    570.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Terraria skin contest.png
    Terraria skin contest.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 101
Garbage Can Set
Legs are wheels that roll when you walk
Body is the actual garbage can with armholes (arms only pop out when using them)
Head is lid of garbage can with actual player head under it
Names of items would be Garbage Can Lid, Garbage Can Body, Garbage Can Wheels
If player has long hair this may stick out depending if that's possible

Garbage_Can (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom