Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squaredpotato's Pet.png

-the name is "Squaredpotato's Pet"
-a description could be "it likes long walks on the beach"
-it can be dropped from a duke fishron treasure bag or a small chance after a fishing quest from the angler
-the arms and legs might be weird but if you decide to choose this you can change whatever you want

the wisp outfit. consists of a crimson colored wispy head (named wisp mask), yin-yang robe like torso (named wisp robe), and a "dress" like legware (I don't know what to call this one). the sprites are made by me (in aseprite).
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
For this sprite, I basically tried to do a metalhead (he is very passionate but don't get fooled by the appearence, he's very kind). I did it in pixel art because I'm very bad at drawing and I wanted to give you, the developpers, a chance to understand what I was submitting.

I made a design for the three parts and then I added a guitar in his back which would be part of the chest section. The guitar is kind of a darker version of Dimebag Darrell's guitar. In case that the guitar will be too much, I made a sprite without the guitar.

For the head, I tried to do a skull mask and a long hair with strands dyed in red going down to his kneels (We don't see them very well, I know). There could be an animation for the hair when the character is walking so that we can see them.

I tried to put a Plantera bulb instead of a skull on the shirt but it didn't work out properly (I'm not good in pixel art too). Please consider that it is what I would like to be on the shirt (then of course all the red sections would be now in green or pink).

The vanity set could be obtainable in spider chest or in the pumpkin moon or something like that.

Finally, I don't speak english as a primary language so forgive me for the eventual errors. Thanks for reading my submition and may the best win.

Attachments

• TerrariaContestmetalhead (Final).png
    TerrariaContestmetalhead (Final).png
    19.2 KB · Views: 147
i did thing.png

No preferred colors, since i don't understand anything in coloring.

What i had in mind is theme of exiled king. The mantle is raggy and dirty, bandages everywhere, metal is partially rusted, and mask looks like a crown.

Sadly can't post higher resolution since my trial in SAI has ended and i had to screenshot it.

A really simple idea so it probably won't win, but I thought a demon eye mask could be pretty cool. It could be a really rare drop from demon eyes or something like that.

Attachments

• Demon Eye Mask.png
    Demon Eye Mask.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 156
Crimsontitledarkver2.png

:rslime:Hotdog set:rslime:
simple and awesome!

Read the whole post to fully to understand my ideas
Hotdog dark.gif
Hotdog combo dark.gif
HOT dog dark ver 21.gif
HOT dog dark ver 31.gif

Set pieces:
Hotdog mask | Hotdog tunic | Hotdog bottom
Kketchupconn.gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchupconn.gif

Rarity:
WHITE

Kketchupconn.gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchupconn.gif

Hotdog mask description:
"You can already smell the flavor"

Hotdog tunic description:

"Enemies think you are very... very tasty"

Hotdog bottom description:
"It's like it was made for you"
Kketchupconn.gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchupconn.gif

Hotdog mask:
The Hotdog mask has a hole tilting towards the front of the player to show their eyes, but hide their hair from showing. If the top hat visual is on the player's Hotdog mask, their eyes will become a more joy-full, happier version, with their normal eye color. When its a Blood Moon and the full set is worn, the player's eyes will become a faint, demon-ish red

Hotdog tunic:
The Hotdog tunic will cover middle of the player and will not show any arms when running or standing still, and only when swinging the arm to use/do something.

Hotdog bottom:
The Hotdog bottom will cover the player's entire bottom part and
the side buns will split apart to move as the player jumps or walks.
Kketchupconn.gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchupconn.gif

Set description:
When the full hot dog set is worn, it gives off a
small smoke effect (or just add a smoke trail instead), emits a dim light (glow mask) and plays a burning fire animation on the players head. The suit is obtained during a Blood Moon from the Party Girl, as follows: 2 gold coins for the boots, 2 gold coins for the headpiece, and 2 gold & 50 silver coins for the chest piece. If the set is placed in the armour slots, each armour piece gives 1 defence for a total of 3 defence with a full set. Each piece can be sold for 50 silver coins each. If the player has any balloon equipped while wearing the full hotdog suit, then their jump height will be increased by another block on top of the balloon jump height increase and every time the player jumps with a ballon it will make a bouncy sound.
Kketchupconn.gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchupconn.gif

Condiments:
There are 3 different condiments on the suit, ketchup, mustard, and relish. Each condiment will give a different buff. Ketchup will give the added buff Warmth, mustard will give the buff Star in a Bottle, and relish will give you the buff Happy! When any condiment is worn, enemies will more likely target you like Beetle Shell Armour. Condiments will change on the suit depending on what biome the player is currently in. In the snow biome, the player will have ketchup on them, in the jungle, the player will have mustard on them, in the underworld, the player will have relish on them, and everywhere else, they will just be a plain hotdog.
(if the player does not have the full set on, condiments can't change and they will stay as a plain hotdog)
If the player is above ground (including the sky/space), a
little top hat will appear on their head

Kketchupconn.gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchup (2).gif
Ketchupconn.gif

Lore:
A Lost Tail
You wake up on the ground, head throbbing, stomach churning, inventory clear. Wondering what had happened, but you can’t recall. You assume you met your demise. so you head back towards the town, but it was empty. You felt a weird vibe in this place. “The ground seems unusually red”, you think. You don’t recognize the music in the background. You assume it’s normal, so you continue. Realizing slowly that what had happened was far, far worse than your mind can even think of. Searching some more, you found only one town’s mate alive, the Party Girl. You ask her a question, with no reply. You open the chatbox; the same thing again. You look at her trades with a quirky eye, something was off you thought to yourself, but you don’t know what or why. You go to the elevator with an unhappy grin and sigh. You hold the key to go down the hole, and think to yourself, "just don't die".

When you got down you thought you recognized this place. It felt very warm with a demonic smell and taste. The air felt firm like meat on a grill. You walk into a non-man-made house and find some hair on the ground. It reminded you of something but you did not know what. So you continued, of course, leaving it behind. All of a sudden, a demon appeared ready to kill anyone in its sight. He held a doll between his feet which reminded you from before. As you stood there thinking, he released an attack. You dodged it and dashed at him, but you heard something from behind. There were more! They came after you with a fiery grin. Then you heard a voice come from within. “Minions you scram!” he said with his voice. They all looked up and scurried away, taking with them their books and toys. “Who are you,” you said to yourself. “You don’t remember me?” he said as he laughed away. “Why would you anyway,” he said in your head. Then it clicked, you knew who he was. “You’re Derek the Guide” you said. “How do you know, I cleared your whole head?”. “I have a photographic memory, you doofus, you should have known that”. You waited in silence for him to respond, but you could not wait in silence no more and yelled from teeth on your face, ”clean this world right now you pathetic... mob”!

“That’s not how it works,” he said with a grin. “You need to respect the world more from within”. At that moment you remember all of the sins you've committed. “Remember the wall of flesh?” he said. You think back in your head with a blurry memory of the sins you've committed. “You killed my dog!” you yell with an unhappy look on your face. “Of course I did, after what you have done, and I turned him inside out into something hot and fun!”. Then you stood there thinking in anger, while you waited patiently for him to respond. “We can make a deal to restore the world, but keep you where you belong”. “Sure, anything to bring back my dog!” you said. So he did some magic to put everything back where it belongs. You look up from down there at the town you once owned, and the hot dog still there, in the Party Girl‘s arms. “You did not bring him back!” you yelled from your mouth. But it was too late and he was already gone. Now you stay there waiting for the day, someone else defeats the wall to save the day and hope he will notice you on the way, with his magical powder in hand, looking for the soul-deep under the soil to save, so he can charge the town’s folks taxes for the rest of your days.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 10.37.38 PM.png
23423423423423423423423423dark.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 12.36.58 PM.png
This diagram may not be fully accurate and may not work in-game.
7E862A73-3AF1-4245-AE26-537BB27C53EF.png

Big thanks to my friend, 8oofers7 Animations for hand drawing this for me! Please check out her Yt channel! I'm good at pixel art and animating but not drawing :(

None of the graphics or images here have to be used, this is just my ideas on how it would look!
In the end, it's not my game, and the re-logic team is the real decider on what happens!:)

Disclaimer: brick background in image 2 is taken from online, all other sprites and ideas are original and made by me! Please don't remove this post for using that background :(

Attachments

• Hotdog template dark.png
    Hotdog template dark.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 108
  • versiondark1.png
    versiondark1.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Screenshot 2020-03-14 at 5.38.48 PM.png

This is the Hawaiian Luau Set!

The female set Includes:
Head: Flower Hairpiece
Torso: Coconut top
Legs: Grass Skirt

The Male set includes:
Head: Bald cap
Torso: Flower Necklace
Legs: Grass Skirt

If selected, any details can be changed, and could possibly be given by the Angler at the completion of a quest.

I present the Exo Hyperarmor!

Exo Hyperarmor.jpeg

I've been wanting to mod this idea into the game for a bit but I'm just not skilled enough, so I'm glad I finally have the chance for it to be in!
Good luck to other participants, and thank you Re-Logic for such a great game with great developers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom