Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, sorry about the huge picture, this is my first time using this form.
Anyway, This is my vanity set idea.

Possible vanity set(Star gazer).png

When dye is applied, the particles change color.
Recipe subject to change.
quote- "The world is finite. The sky? Infinite."

sketch-1584226252799.png
(Hopefully this isn't contested on art skill lol) The name of this 3 piece vanity set is called "Shade".My idea is for a unique styled vanity piece. To set a better image for what I have in mind I'll give a description of its particle effects and how it should look like. The Shade vanity set should create a dark after image of the player similar to the ninja set and also has a blurry effect to it as if it is constantly changing in shape. This vanity set will completely turn the character into an black semi figureless shape, in which all that is visible is the red eyes and mouth , which have a piercing glow in the dark effect. The idea is in complete darkness , all that will be visible is the red eyes and mouth, which I think would be a fun concept not only for trolling friends but also a creepy character if placed on a manakin for adventure maps. Finally, I want this vanity item to turn all other visible vanity items/ equipment / armour a similar black with a blurry texture. Thank you for reading this suggestion .=)

pixil-frame-0.png
JUST IGNORE THE GUY ON THE LEFT, the vanity set is on the right.
The horn thing on top of the eye is fire, that can be removed if needed and i just thought it would be cool if the eye could follow the cursor.
The mouth on the chest piece can move like it's breathing or something. The horns are on shoulder pads and there is horns behind the feet. Set name- Al-eye-ve (that's the best name i could think of). The purple color could be changed with dye. This took me like 6 hours, hope you like.

Last edited:
download (12).png

I would like to submit a vanity idea for the game terraria. This is custom made, I did not copy anything. I love terraria so much, I would enjoy it even more if my vanity was in the game. I love this game so much that I would not submit a copied idea. My inspiration was from your game. I like the arcane rune wall because of the way it changes symbols it is really cool! I would love it if you added it to the game, I also hope I obtain bragging rights, for my custom vanity to be in the game, would be exhilarating. I would brag to my friends about my custom vanity 24/7. I think the way to obtain it is to get 6 pieces of purple thread, 4 silk, and 2 yellow thread, craft in a loom. I also want to know if you could make it billow. It would be called,
The Rune Acolyte Robes.

so... is that my idea ^^
that's a bear costume haha, it's very cute!
the ears is pink and big
belly is pink too
the gloves is gray

i loved it so much :D sorry for my bad english

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (3).png
    pixil-frame-0 (3).png
    7.7 KB · Views: 144
Here is a mimic vanity! After killing 100 mimics, it is a blood moon, and the player has slain one of the mechanical bosses, the clothier will sell the mimic vanity set. The set sells for 20 silver each piece, and is bought with 1 gold per piece. During the day, the mouth will be closed, and during night it will open with a creaking sound (same as opening a chest.) i really only prepared the head accessory but then i saw that it needed a torso and leggings. here it is anyways. It will also be different colors depending on the biome that you are in.

Attachments

• terraria mimic idea.JPG
    terraria mimic idea.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
brother.png

This is my entry.

There's a head piece that has a hat and shades, since a hat & shades combo is not possible in Terraria already, even though there's so many cool things you could do with it. Hair should NOT be completely invisible for this item like for some certain other hats. That way people can have custom hairs and not look bald. You can see how the arm of the shades is cut off (to simulate hiding behind the hair). There's also a bit of ear showing above the shoulder/collar, this is important but I don't know how possible... The cap should be dyeable for people who want different colors.

There's a chest piece like a jumpsuit jacket or top, it has collar-like projections similar to the Leinfors set. A really good jumpsuit or coveralls isn't in the game yet, but I know car mechanics that would like something like this. This should of course be dyeable, except for the tag. Some default armor and vanity have portions that don't ever seem to change color with regular dye, maybe it's the lack of color but I want to take advantage of this.

There's also of course the jumpsuit bottom/pants, not much explanation needed here, it's dyeable of course.

The outfit would be good for mechanics, pilots, military, janitors, coaches, police, prisoners (dye it orange) and so much more. Also hats and glasses are super cool but you can't really do them by default.
Thanks for considering my entry, and for making the first game I ever put over 1000 hours in. Keep it up and send off the game with a bang!

Edit: I saw a lot of other people's entries had actual drawings in them, so I thought maybe I should have one too. Tried to have some fun with it but it kind of got out of hand.
boom.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s my character. It’s a crocodile or dinosaur costume and when you wear it you can see your character‘s face with his beard if he has one coming out of the costume. You also have sunglasses when wearing it. I don’t know what I will call it but I’ll find a name sooner or later... Here’s what it looks like if you have a beard.
3CB642EA-FC3E-41CB-99FE-CB0F09A13123.jpeg

and now here’s what it looks like without a beard
B4E2C80B-34B9-48DE-8ADC-0C33D2AF52BE.jpeg

and here is the 3 parts of the costume
2CAD86D3-6C27-48B6-8E4B-B0D6DF1C23CD.jpeg

and finally this is the original sketch I made before the pixel art. Good luck to everyone!
02FE42D8-BFA6-4A2A-B91D-F6F8C35DF204.png

The Snow Owl,
The Head will be that of an owl,
The Torso will consist owl like wings for arms and an owl body,
The Legs will be small owl feel.

Attachments

• Snow Owl.jpg
    Snow Owl.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back