Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one of my original characters. I don't know if he's got too much detail or not, but there's no harm in going for the contest submission-:dryadgrin:
Amino_stryker_redpupils.png
AirBrush_20200126120255.jpg

20200317_163221.jpg

This is my entry-
Only a torso and head piece

-The head piece is the cloaked spirits head most likely with the hood but without may look better

-The torso piece is the cloaked spirits body and it comes with the rest of the cloack and the actual body parts of the cloaked spirit

Thank you devs for giving the community the opportunity to be able to get our own vanity set in the game and good luck everyone!!

Last edited:
Bygl.png

Bygl.png
This is my submission for the contest. It's my OC.
I call it Bygl's Set.
ByglTer.png

These are the sprite variations I came up with.
For reference:
Left: Normal version, standing still.
Right: Blur from the lights while moving.
Top: In the dark, where you can nicely see the lights.

Some ideas I had while making this:
1. Coloring the armor could change the color of the glow and the blur while moving.
2. The "eye-lights", could rarely flash as if they were "running low on batteries" as I like to call it.
3. Animated dyes could make the lights slowly transition between the two colors of the lights. (for example: Chlorophyte Dye would change the lights from green to black over time.)

<3

image.png

This set is meant to include a dark cape, sneaky hood, and roguish boots. It would also be cool if you could see a little bit of your armor under the cloak. The cloak is meant to flap in the wind and the hood cast a light shadow over the player's eyes (even though I drew it a little dark). Maybe it could make footsteps and player noises quieter/silent or something? I originally got the inspiration from playing the rogue class a lot in D&D 5e.

terruriuh.png

I call it: The working mans outfit. Inspired by the classic, English working man from the 1920's.
Equipped with a sixpence, a coat (with a vest and a shirt under), and some suit pants with classic boots.
(Parts of the hair could perhaps show underneath the sixpence)

As for the description and name of each item, I was thinking something along the lines of:
(You can obviously change this to your liking)

Hat:
Working mans sixpence
An old-school hat. It's comfortable, only wish that it would cover my ears..

Torso:
Working mans coat
A thin, almost ragged wool coat with an old vest and shirt underneath. Kind of smells like coal and sawdust..

Legs:
Working mans pants
A pair of old suit pants that has a few holes in them. They probably used to look really good.

Tweak and change it as you wish, this is just a concept.

Here's some of my inspiration:

291be637b0d74118cb32584280b14eff.jpg

257065d75ccbb00828dc29dd5d373d49.jpg

Bunny sprite mech.png

Bunny mech: I think an animation could occur where the hands move with the legs. Possible facial features based on damage, healing etc? Just an idea.

Glassless bunny mech.png

No Glass version

Obviously, I don't think the body would be final, but I just want to put the idea as a whole out there. I think a steampunk redesign could give the body a little touch of uniqueness as opposed to just the head getting all the love. :)

Last edited:
The Castaway

(aka. The Rogue Sloth)

Appearance:

A sloth wearing rogue attire. It has a cloak that reaches about halfway down their legs with a hood (up or down). The cloak is tied around its neck in a neat little bow. It wears a cloth shirt that, for example, has leather straps over it. Its pants are held up by a belt. It wears no gloves or shoes because they didn’t fit the sloth’s hands and feet (This only applies to the vanity set, the accessories’ effects will still apply. Whether or not the accessories appear is up to the designers). All of the sloth’s clothing are dark colors to help it hide in the dark.

I am up to any changes that could improve my original artwork into an actual vanity set.

Items:

• The Castaway’s Mask
  • The Castaway’s Shirt
  • The Castaway’s Pants

Art Description:

1. Original sketches of the vanity outfit.
  2. Pixel art of the vanity outfit
  3. A painting showing the Castaway fighting the Eye of Cthulhu using the Night’s Edge and an Imp Summon.
KWkG0Tlv47Cb66EazcuodzKUvK8ltdSS0xoq68Xyfq7EPnF-hWqyHUtaeKnSpeIvV_NN6o4KSXseGO8eYUtrJfEdKa9KkHfvzG1S_dClvvDLObLiLnDQRaRJkR_PXqV2WJjCm6Db
dcyFjzGflU_yh6kbV03Q65wcSyDo4L2dYZQjdMQATdXRn9kOVQHlnPlfDpj2ACHLShEMVEMgvhk8gcfX68XXLfQI9dB-RLCp2BqrZQ371bokvjioKiHcYw8kgaXJXN3V8_hpAjsr
h3RYahNMmNWpQGtHCvqIRPEKrOJc_F11eNxtBQlmgYTb5QdbQhkEq4pGDONB3mc6GD9RN13SXFuODlYUu_r9zAkjq1a6vjbLmqJFOuMFPIcNrtrLgvdofi7DUOZIwj1XmD-Cg_kr

Item Description:

“A creature of pure innocence castaway on a day darker than night, having to use the shadows to face its darkest fears.”

Copyright:

This character is original and all artwork is my own.<3

Last edited:
well hello there just a kid whit bad pixel art but tat love terraria
the imagen not export to the right resolution so sorry for my bad quality post
pd the head is a laser disc.

Attachments

• mtboss124 vaniti contest.png
    mtboss124 vaniti contest.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 92
1584480047499.png
A predator but you call it a hunter for copyright reasons or something like that there's a alien right so a predator would be great right. hunter mask hunter shirt hunter legs. please include the laser gun on the shoulder idk but it would be cool. 1584480047499.png1584480047499.png1584480047499.png1584480047499.png1584480047499.png1584480047499.png1584480047499.png1584480047499.png1584480047499.png look there's a bunch of tiny ones. :edit just realized they cant do this this sucks :{

Last edited:
This is my set, based on the enemy "Gigant Tortoise", it will be called Tortoise Set, I really liked the idea and I would like it to be in the game, I will probably put all its animation. Each part of the set would have a name, the turtle mask, the torso, the turtle shell and the feet, the turtle pants. :) *Edit*: A montage of my set, placed in a bamboo house, previously filtered image, fits very well, good luck to all, very little is missing! :dryadwink:
Bamboo Set Terraria.png

Attachments

• Terraria Vanity Turtle Final 1.0.png
    Terraria Vanity Turtle Final 1.0.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Terraria Vanity Turtle Final 1.1.png
    Terraria Vanity Turtle Final 1.1.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
View attachment 245063
This Vanity set is called the Water Mancer set. It took me some time, but its was worth it. I hope you use this but a least make it a hidden item that you only get from fishing (.01% chance of getting it fishing with 75% bait power). Just add it in. 🤞🙂.:cool:

image-1.png (2).png

Yeah. sorry for it not working previously, but here it is in Its glory!! The Aquamancer set. (just add it in anyways.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom