Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for bad quality it's hard to draw on paint.net

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 231
I call this "terraria but a vanity"

the idea is the it has the crimson, corruption, and overworld biomes are in the vanity, but when you go into one of the three biomes, then that biome on the vanity will grow much larger then the other two biomes in the vanity set.
terraria vanity contest.png

Last edited:
War Mage set.
composed of:
War mage mask
War mage jacket
War mage shoes
War_Mage (gloved) (enlarged).png

It is my first attempt at a pixel clothing design, I hope it is good. I tried to separate the pieces into how other vanity items are presented in the game, I hope I did it right. I did consider a charcoal grey mask with a red jacket, but my favorite color is blue so it got priority (though if it where done then gold would become orange!).
Idea: So the headpiece is supposed to be a mask with a hood up to cover the rest of the face with a nice gold eyepiece to make them seem more mystic and mysterious (cuz red would take it from menacing to downright evil). looking at it, making the bottom of the jacket move would be cool but I am honestly not sure if it is worth it. This is supposed to be a battle mage uniform made to look regal but terrifying and fancy all at the same time. I am playing with the idea of it with or without gloves, but I decided it looked more complete with gloves. I hope mine gets picked because I bet once the terraria artists get their hands on this it will look even better, and even make a good female version I have tried to make one but it kept looking wrong.

Last edited:
An outfit I used to wear a lot IRL during my younger years, back when I played Terraria day in and day out.
Updated with the glasses I wear now, back then I had cyan glasses which my skull is too large for now.

Raven's outfit.png

I've just been with Terraria for such a long time now, and since this game has been such an important part of my life/childhood,
I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to get a part of myself in to the game before the journey is over. Pun kind of intended.

Last edited:
Fire Suit Trees Large.PNG

FIRE SUIT

"Yaaaaaah, that's hot"

pixil-frame-0.png

Fire Suit..png
Hot Head.png
Hot Vest.png
Hot Boots.png

Hot Head / Hot Vest / Hot Boots

pixil-frame-0.png

Features:

- The suit will be animated like fire, with a trail of embers left
behind (more depending on the velocity of the player)

aavT1zT.gif

- The suit can also emit light and be used as a light source similarly to the mining helmet

- The suit could be recolored using dyes to get different colors of fire and emit the corresponding light

Fire Suit Blue.pngFire Suit Purple.pngFire Suit Blue-Purple.pngFire Suit Green.png

pixil-frame-0.png

Why not fire?

Thank you :)

Greetings Terrarians!

The development team at Re-Logic were having a chat the other day about just how creative the Terraria community is - from art to music to in-game creations, you all are simply amazing. That got us to thinking... what better way to reward that creativity in the final Journey's End update than to give all of you creative geniuses a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your very own vanity armor design into the game itself?

That's right - we are giving everyone a chance to submit their own original ideas for Terraria Vanity Armor/Outfits (Head/Torso/Legs), and the winners will see their ideas make it into the game for the Journey's End update! This is your chance to design your own brand new vanity outfit that you'd like to see added to the game! This is sort of like finding that golden ticket and getting to visit the chocolate factory, except there is no tour and no lifetime supply of chocolate... only fame and glory and bragging rights forever listed in one of the best video games ever crafted.

As you might imagine, there are some rules and guidelines and such that are important for you to follow - however, inside of these guidelines, have at it! Anything your minds can dream up, we want to hear about it!

You can also check out the Contest Submission Thread to see current submissions!
Please note! ALL SUBMISSIONS must be posted in the submission thread! If they are only posted in this thread, they will not be considered valid!

index.php

GUIDELINES & RULES
WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in the contest submission thread! Entries MUST be posted in the submission thread to be considered valid submissions! If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in this thread, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

HOW WILL THE WINNERS BE SELECTED?
  • The Re-Logic team will select a list of finalists from all of the entries that are submitted by 11:59pm Eastern on April 13, 2020. If this thread is locked, you are too late!
  • We will reveal the finalists on the Weekly Stream later that week (April 17th) , and then we will post them here after the stream.
  • These finalists will be submitted for a community vote across all of our community platforms (TCF, Social Media, Discord, etc) - voting will commence after the reveal steam and conclude in one week, on April 24th. Voting instructions will be provided at that time.
  • There will be no more than three (3) winning entries.

HECK YEAH, I WON! NOW WHAT?
  • Re-Logic will directly contact the winners so that we can begin the process of adding your design into the game.
  • Please note that some creative license in regards to the interpretation on behalf of our artists is expected - so be flexible. (don't worry, we will make it amazing)
  • Re-Logic will have the final say on approval for the winning designs (actual art and text going in-game)
  • The winner's name will be included in some way in the tooltip and/or naming for the item, so that you can always pull it up in game to brag to your buddies. :cool:
  • Once we arrive on a final design, just wait for the day when Journey's End arrives and you can run around in your very own vanity creation!

LEGAL STUFF
  • By participating in the contest, you agree to relinquish all rights to your vanity design to Re-Logic for inclusion into the game. Winners will be required to sign a document to that effect.
  • If you are under the legal age to sign legal documents in your country (eg. Under 18 in most countries), you will need your parent or guardian to sign as well - so be sure to get that permission in advance! :)

index.php
This is my entry: a Helmet that is an octopuses head with a huge forehead, bulbous eyes and a colossal nose, hiding any sign of a mouth. The torso is a simple light grey tubular torso and the arms are tentacles. The leggings are a mass of tentacles squelching along the ground. It's called the “Squelchy Squid Set” (the helmet being the squelchy squid helmet, the torso being the squelch squid torso, and the leggings being he squelchy squid tentacles) this is a reference to the season 2 spongebob episode “Pressure” in which, at one point, the main cast enter dry land. One of these newfound landlubbers is Squidward, who looks rather special indeed, as shown by my attached picture. I would really, really appreciate this to be added as I am both a major Spongebob and Terraria fan, and I have played since pre-1.2 on my Xbox-360 and Xbox-One. Thank you for reading this, and please like my suggestion! Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 1289E150-A20C-43A8-961F-84DF05019425.jpeg
    1289E150-A20C-43A8-961F-84DF05019425.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 99
  • A6DAC1C7-13CD-4C16-BA44-36E3303B5E0F.jpeg
    A6DAC1C7-13CD-4C16-BA44-36E3303B5E0F.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 127
HighlanderEntry.png
Here is my entry!

I call him "The Scotsman"

His hat hangs in the back, he wears a kilt, a cape, woolly boots, and face paint. He also has arm-bracers and shoulder pads.
The armor is separated as in the photo above, and names are so:

Head slot: Scotsman Hat

Torso slot: Scotsman Garb

Leg slot: Scotsman Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom