Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
armorsetdragon.png

So, after a bunch of hours I present to you my first pixel art I call the gold boned drake armor , I cannot lie, I'm impressed on how awesome it turned out to be so good I decided to give a better view of what I had in mind while doing it so I attached a drawing I made after completing the pixel art.<3

Drawing10001.jpg

Some lore: The Gold boned drake doesn't really has bones made of gold but ancient warriors that fought these drakes, most of times unsuccessfully, already knew that those bones were worth way more than common gold, the twisted biology that made this drake gave it a superamalgamation of gold, cobalt and lead that made the bones incredibly resistent while having a malleability similar to that of iron, but the best thing about this material is it's marvellous and unbelieavably strong repulsive magnetic force that repelled arrows and made it hard for warriors to strike against armors with these bones as accessories. But at what cost? the bones were so heavy for the beast that the wings from what used to be a beautiful dragon evolved to be so tiny and ended up disappearing condemning it to walk the earth at the reach of opportunistic hunters and dooming it to be forever escaping from humans, evolving to be smaller and smaller to be hard to spot until it became a lizard which bones could be melted into mere pellets that found their use as magnets.

(Sorry for any error in my writing, english isn't my mother language).

Edit: As I mentioned this is my first pixel art so I couldn't really get that much far with how animated it would look, I'd really love the flap of the abdominal area to move as in the gladiator breastplate which is one of those attention-to-detail things I love the most from Terraria, also a bit of the leggings is lost from the flap overlapping it, it was just a continuous line of golden "bone".

Last edited:
I was looking down this thread and I thought to myself, "Hey, is there a submission that references Calamity?" and then I was too lazy to look through all 167 pages of the thread to check further. So....
Here's my LORDE-ly Set, based off of the secret joke superboss,
THE_LORDE.png

THE LORDE from the Calamity mod.
Unlikely to make it to finalists, but I thought it would be a nice nod to the mod.

decreaseyourelectronicdevice'sauraloutput.png

Le whole set.

LORDE-ly Helm.png

LORDE-ly Helm
-A helm fit for a LORDE!

LORDE-ly Pauldrons.png

LORDE-ly Spaulders
-Spaulders fit for a LORDE!

LORDE-ly Greaves.png

LORDE-ly Greaves
-Greaves fit for a LORDE!
-literally just yellow pants

i've never done pixel art before

Last edited:
My very amazingly drawn submission. I find there is a distinct lack of avian related vanity items and I want to fill that gap

Edit: transparent background + black text dont work well. it is there though

Attachments

• Gryphon Vanity Terraria submission.png
    Gryphon Vanity Terraria submission.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 174
This is my idea. A flowing-light spirit cape that reacts with the physics engine. It's see-thru and honestly I was wondering if anyone else had an idea like this or could draw it better?

Attachments

• 20200319_003731.jpg
    20200319_003731.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 134
E5606E17-DD3E-48DA-A0F4-8E30C5D92199.jpeg
7F47B24A-6E8D-4D84-A3DA-C3813D7FDAF2.jpeg

Hi, this is my vanity called the harbinger set. The hair displayed on the top of the helmet is supposed to be whatever hair your character has.
If you can do some effects according to the current remaining health of the character that would be great.

If you can the do effects according to the health they will be:):
All the blue on it glows but gets dimmer the lower the health is. Lightning sparks off the blue but gets less frequent as your health goes down. As well as some of your pixels fading away, this gets more frequent as your health goes down and does not happen at full health.

If you can’t do effects according to the health the effects will be:(:
The blue will always glow and the fading and lightning will occur at randomised speeds.

For both of them I would appreciate if instead of bits of your character flying away when you get slain but instead he/she fades away, but you don’t have to. Also the grey shown in the character design is supposed to be black or quite dark grey. ;)

Lore: Harbinger, or as he was previously known, Ryan, was sent by the king to confirm stories of a wave of radiation sweeping the country. He was given mild protection in the form a suit. He traveled to the far corners of his land, searching for any trace of the rumoured radiation when he found a dead country side. The lights on his suit, his only indication of his health, dropped dangerously low and he felt his body burning. The healing properties of his suit kicked in but it could not help, it only stretched out his pain. He dizzily stumbled back to the palace and into the throne room and half muttered, half screamed to the king “ it’s true, the end is near.” He then promptly fell to his knees and faded away. The warning gave the king just enough time to move the population into a valley that was seemingly resistant to radiation. He was honoured for a short time but within a year no-one could remember his name. He was reduced to a figure in nursery rhymes, something to scare children, and he became etched in history as the harbinger.

I wish good luck to all of my competitors.:happy:

Thank you!<3

Last edited:
image.jpg
B6F7CB24-D961-4D7E-97F3-50D7A1D98A24.jpeg
it’s a flamingo! I added the crafting too :) .Head tooltip : “You may be a flamingo now but please don‘t eat algae!” Torso+tail tooltip : “look at those feathers!” And leg tooltip : “ Bet you can’t bend your knees like a flamingo” EDIT : added pixel art EDIT 2 :added possible models for the vanity :D notice the reddish pinkish spot on the male shoulder •~•
EE2332CD-D88F-4927-9EC2-EC9A96B043DD.png
84A3F785-EBA3-49EF-B77A-2E390CCF4AEE.png

Last edited:
here is a not joke and "dragon set" i made wish i had hands and paper but just imagine this but like a lot better looking (yes this is kinda based off of hypixel skyblock dragon no copyright dont worry) edit: wow i wish i saw how many other people made dragon stuff
1584599202370.png

Last edited:
This is my submission, The Onyx Goth vanity set. all the red shown in the pixel design should replicate the interior of the garments. the head should be an open face hood. the body a trench coat with long black sleeves, and the feet should be gothic boots. the sketch to the right is what I based my design off of which I also drew myself. the trench coat should work like the Vampire shirt in that it should wrap around the character. the dark shading on the sketch represents the interior of the garment like the red on the pixel version. The diagonal light silver marks represent chain except for the boots and the cross on the coat. and when all three pieces are equipped in the social slots give the dripping effect but make it black like shadows.
terrarian vanity concept jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Here my entry fro Vanity competition.

The Cursed Tribal set, is the name I gave it. Can be changed if needed.
Was created to look wicked and menacing and fullfill gap that Underworld miss with vanity items and armor.

cursed_tribal_set_resprite with coal pallette.png

This is only exaple how it looked like before with Smooth Coal pallette, don't aceept this one.
cursed_tribal_set_resprite older.png
dyes together.png
cursed tribal set sketch with sprite.jpg

Notes for the set:
  • Line bellow head piece is because skin bodies and some armors and vanity items don't have the outlines which are hidden by the player's head. Without it will would make it look more terrible.
  • Dark spot on the skin is cause of corruption/taint magic or some kind of dissease that resides in underworld.
  • Equiped set would produce shadow particles like fully equiped Shadow armor and sounds of skeleton when hit like with Necro armor.
  • Colour pallette and shape can be changed if needed.
  • (Animation) assets are contained in the ZIP file.
    • Code to make head only dissapear already exist for Space Creature costume mask and shouldn't make any further problem with making new codes
  • I do not allow anybody to use assets of this set without my permission for mods, ect (which will most likely will not even happen)
    • Terraria developers are of course allowed to freely to use assets and can change them like they want.
    • I don't have problem with it being used for personal reasons ( as like as texture pack).
An inspiration to make this was a little mistake made by Diverman Sam a creator of the Thorium mod. My dev set for a mod. The head piece of my dev set made my head dissapear and so inpiration for the set beggan.

For first time set was looking very different than to what do you see right now, it was created using only skull color pallete resembling more bone pieces as weareable tribal clothing.
The set was never trully implented into a mod but had a assets of them in the mod.

After about 2 years I resprited it even their assets were remover from the mod, Smooth Coal mod item color pallette to create more finalized set. Diverman Sam have no longer a intention to use this set for the mod.

For the competition I used Coal item pallette to make it more useable with other dyes, previous pallete made a lot of dyes nearly unnoticeable.

I hope you like this set that I made long time ago, this set was even created to better fit terraria, look more unique that peole would like to use (like the floating skull) and more unussual to other vanity item already implemented into vanilla version.

Thank yopu for your time, and good luck everybody.

Attachments

• Cursed Tribal set.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Untitled.png

I made a golfer for the new golfing feature in terraria 1.4

Her/His hat is a sombrero to shield from the sun.

She/He is wearing a blue shirt

She/He is wearing golfer shoes.

This is not limited to only female characters if you are a male character you can still get this.

You get the vanity outfit by defeating either eye of cthulu or king slime you also if in master mode get a golf club!

Mike_Lea_Containment_Suit.jpg

This is my "Containment Suit" submission. It's basically a spacesuit with an asymmetrical poncho/cape attachment. There's a folded down sheep wool collar over the shoulder. The helmet is lit up from the inside so I've included the obscured silhouette of a generic head to create an illusion of transparency. I've shown an example of what I'd like to have included in the glow masking. There are some different color ideas, I wasn't sure which to settle on. I've also given a break down of the different pieces of the set, as well as an example of some simple animation I'd like to see on the control box (if that's something that would be possible).

anyway, thanks for checking it out and I hope you like it.

edit: I just want to add that I realize that all of this detail would never fit into the sprite. I’m not a skilled pixel artist so I thought it would be more useful for me to provide as much detail about my idea as possible, that way the artists have as much to work with as possible when translating it down to pixel art.

Last edited:
Earth Vanity - Full Set.png

Here is my submission to the contest. I call it the Overworld set, based off of the Terraria world, with the individual pieces being called The Lunar Look, The Sky Sweater, and The Surface Shorts. The idea of the set is that it would change appearance based on the surroundings of the player. Specifically, the head would change to reflect the moon phase and the chest and legs would change to reflect the biome. Although not pictured above, the idea is that the set would change with EVERY biome and moon phase, and every combination of each (e.g. a blood moon head with a crimson chest and legs), including the Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon.

Edit: Added more clarity and fixed grammar

Last edited:
Name [Orion's Legacy]

[Orion's Helmet]
"You can see the stars before you..."

[Orion's Breastplate]
You can feel the galaxy inside you..."

[Orion's Leggings] (Belt not included)
"You feel like the universe is a step away..."

the breastplate was inspired by the meteor armor hence why it looks so similar
Orion's Armor.PNG

Edit: pressed reply by mistake, The Visor Glows in the dark and the purple acts like the molten armor when running to enact a pulse effect, also if possible i think this should be obtained from the pillars as a random drop from the pillars themselves or the monsters since they don't currently drop anything so say, a 0.1% to 1.5% chance?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom