Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so here is my entry for this, the Alien Agent vanity
alienagent.png

on this image we can see the items at the left, on the right we have the armor, the one with hands is how would it look ingame and the other one is how the idle sprite would look

the parts of this set are:
(Head) Alien agent UFO - tooltip: You dint see anything
(Torso) Alien agent tuxedo - no tooltip
(Legs) Alien agent pants - no tooltip
the set can be droped by the Martian Saucer

done did at long last.png

Ladies and gentlemen, lads and lasses. Terraria is the game we hold dear to our hearts. We've poured hundreds and thousands of hours into it's blissful abyss of pixel-y goodness. Alas, this game lacks what would take it from a masterpiece to godlihood. Zoot suits. That's right, have you ever found yourself thinking, "hey, this game is missing something." No? Oh.. Well this is it, the magnum opus of humanity, here to bring Terraria to it's full glory! Behold the zoot suit, and join me as we combine the two greatest things this world has to offer into one, all powerful device of destruction.

On a side note, this is my first time doing pixel art so it could be better. Like, it could be more colorful, or have a bigger brim, and poufy-er pants! But alas, I should probably get some sleep. All I ask is that you consider adding this really heckin' cool outfit to this really heckin' cool game. Thank you. ~:D

Hi devs. this is the Nihil vanity set it´s based on a comic character that I made, so let´s begin with the description of the pieces
The Mask Of Everything - For those to keep on balance
The Jacket Of Nothing - For those to see reality burn
The Boots Of Something - For those that watch
It would be only obtainable, with a chance of course, during a moon lord fight by killing normal enemies that are still around this is because after moon lord spawns the background goes entirely black which for me at least represents the void from where this armor comes (Only if you want extra lore this armor was of those mighty guardians that protected the universe thousands of years ago and where the ones to give up their life to keep most god monsters away except for that one they call ¨Moon Lord¨)

Now my vanity style is REACTIVE, what do I mean? First in the right arm you´ll see two crystals the heart beinng health and the star mana but also in the left arm 1 more which is speed but you can see it only when you´re going to the left, these crystals shine blue when hp, mn or speed are at max but the lower that gets they start fading into white (til´ death of course).

Next is the aura which is also REACTIVE, the way it works would be that you gain a effect for 10 secs after hitting an enemy and it replenishes time with each hit , the effect will make the aura have a more aggressive look. Also this effect will make the eyes in the mask, the logo in the shirt and the gem in the sword shine.

Some things to look into is the sword that will show with the full vanity set, I know Devs that this suit is a challenge to make but I think is worth it and the sword could look great if it showed in combination with wings or any back accesories.

Last but not least is an extra that I didn´t make to show but the idea is there, is a bit more challenging because the idea was to have the mask show stylish black hair falling down to the right side (it´s only the hairstyle for the set it doesnt show any of the character custom styles) and the tricky part is that when you gain the effect the mask hides the hair closing the top and looks like the one I made there, like I said this is an extra that would go completely under your decision.

Thanks for taking the time to let one of us have something as this important in-game, mainly because I know there´s some people that´ve grown with this game like me and it always has been there to make some of our days better, so no matter who gets to put their set in-game thanks for all those years with us Devs, sincerily from my heart -Angel
T character.png

I feel pretty good about this one. The green marks are supposed to be toxic waste and they glow. It'd be pretty cool set even if you don't have all the pieces. (Alsomthe peach coloring on the outfit will match your player's skin tone that you chose when making them.

Attachments

• Terraria Journey's End Vanity Outfit.png
    Terraria Journey's End Vanity Outfit.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 166
6 years ago, I joined TCF, and chose to name my account Beezwax&Nectar, after my pet names for the Hornet summon and Baby Hornet Pet I had in my world. I made a couple suggestions for the game to flex my creative writing abilities. This was back in middle school.

I'm in college for animation now. And that little story behind my name is still a part of my personal branding.

Of Course I needed to take part in this! I may not have been as active on the forums as I was a long time ago, but I still feel the love I once felt for this game. Also, I had an absolute blast designing this! I haven't done pixelart in a while, and this really helped keep my mind off of the dark times we're in right now.
I've Attached the Spritesheet and the original gif file, but here's a compressed preview of the gif:
Compressed.gif

hope wings are allowed;)

I just did the Flavor text and mechanics because I had nothing to do over my... extended spring break. I know the namedrop of StackOverflow might cause some trouble, and I know that the jumping mechanic might be a lot to implement; you can change anything you want.

Thank you, Re-Logic, for shaping my life and moving me towards the right goals. I don't care if I win, I just want you all to know you mattered to me!

Attachments

• Hivenet.gif
    13 MB · Views: 112
  • Official Spritesheet.png
    Official Spritesheet.png
    3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
oif.jpg

don't mind that it's sideways but this is the Heck Party set and it is attainable through the clothier.
he would sell it in hard-mode during while a party is active and they would be sold for 2 gold per piece.
tool tips for each piece of the set would be *turning the heat up on this party*
the horns would work similarly to the reindeer antlers but attainable all year round.
the slippers would appear on ya know, the feet and would replace pants with shorts.
the shirt would just be a spiffy lil demon shirt cause it's cute.

finally if it does get somewhere, somehow, i'd like for when you're wearing the full set, the spark trail of the meteor or molten armor appears as an effect.
<3

Terrarria Vanity submission.png

Drawn in MS Paint
It is a basic, thrown together set of armor
it is inspired by a fursuit but when you where the whole set, you then gain a debuff of either 5% increase to attack damage, or a 10% increase to attack speed, hence the name, "Fury Suit"
it is post hardmode and i couldn't think of a crafting recipe, maybe you find it in chests or get it as a drop from bosses.

Project Capture.jpg
Good luck to everyone, this is my design, I hope someone else has not already done it, it is a simple design, but what would be most useful is for people who like to roleplay, the pizza box if possible, could serve as a weapon by throwing the pizza slices, when taking Complete would make life regenerate 0.25x times faster, it also looks great, that's all, I hope to win and good luck to everyone.

New Project (7).png
New Project (7) (1) (2).png
I wish I had made him bigger, but I don't have enough time to do that. Anyways, here is my vanity set idea from both sides. The head is a modern hockey mask (Jason's mask, but cooler). The shirt is a hockey jersey with DM on it (that's pretty self explanatory). The torso also has hockey gloves on the hands. It has an offset shoulder pattern because I personally like those styles of jerseys. Finally, the pants and shoes complete the set and match the jersey. The color scheme is a neon green and black. The color combination looks real nice when put together.
New Project (7) (1) (2).png
New Project (7).png

Markus’ gear
So my submission isn’t really just a costume, it’s a character that I created and would be absolutely honored to have in the game as a costume. His name is Markus and he is part of a video game that my best friend and I are going to make based off an idea for an animated show that his dad was going to make before he passed away. I chose to do this because his dad got him terraria and we played it together a lot as children and still do to this day. Having this be in the game would mean the world to us. To adapt this to a terrarian style, the head piece would have the mechanical mask that he needs to breathe colored a dull yellow to look like brass as well as a black bandana similar to the buccaneer set. However it would be more towards the back of the head letting some of the hair be exposed. The chest would have a mechanism positioned over the majority of the torso leaving some skin on the chest exposed, it would also have the same brass colored metal as the face mask with a core in the center that glows a a dark red. The chest would also include the black over coat that he’s wearing with the sleeves rolled up. The pants slot would give him the baggy white pants and black sash around the waist as well as a black boot and peg leg with the pant leg ripped at the top. Optionally there would be a backpack that’s also brass colored with a sort of container at the top with the same red glow as the core. This would serve no purpose similarly to other vanity accessories. In our game this backpack gives him an additional set of 6 arms to attack with but I don’t see how that could be implemented into terraria through just a vanity contest. Maybe as a wing set where the arms circled above the player like a helicopter? I don’t know. I did the best of my ability to display what he looks like but I can’t color over it. For the female variation of the costume everything would be the same except the exposed portion of the chest would be covered up and the proportions in game would obviously be changed. Anyways thank you so much for reading and considering my entry, if I don’t make it I’m sure the update will be phenomenal regardless.
-Hollis
03DA37B8-5FCE-422E-B831-AD3AB6CB890D.jpeg

Wrath.png

For my entry, I interpreted the 7 deadly sins in my own style. I know I can only pick one of my designs so my entry is my Wrath, but I will still put up my other ones for you all. These are all original concepts with some inspiration from the ingame items and cosmetics as well as some google searches. each design has a full-body example and then split up into each part (Head, torso, legs). Both pride and greed don't have leg cosmetics and the gold chains on the torso cosmetic for greed would hang down as you walk.

The Sins.png

Attachments

• The Sins.png
    The Sins.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 90
  • The Sins.png
    The Sins.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 88
A plague doctor inspired set.

Has a white beaked mask with a black hat and yellow glowing eyes.
Has a Black/Dark grey robe that's tied tightly against their body
Has dark brown boots

Fully created by me

MomImOnYouTube

Attachments

• Plaque_Doctor_Vanity.png
    Plaque_Doctor_Vanity.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back