Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is my submission, it's a Bard armor.

Head - Bard coronet
Torso - Bard shirt
Legs - Bard pants

Female version
zboj1.jpg

Male version
zboj2.jpg

DIO.png

Dio's set
Head - Dio's Headband (with the headband, the hair stays as it was)
Torso - Dio's shirt
Legs - Dio-s pants

Last edited:
concept.jpg

Here is a draw of what I call, "No Limit to Terraria."

The Legs:
- the legs show off from the soles of the shoes, up to the hips, Terraria's ground area. My idea of this is that dependent of what biome you are in, the grass and the tree in the legs will change corresponding to what biome you are in (red for Crimson, a cactus for desert, ETC)
- another concept for the legs is to have some ore in the stone area, to add more depth into the armor.

The Chestplate:
- The Chestplate Shows off the waist, up to the neck. it depicts the upper zones of Terraria, accessible generally by wings or inverted gravity. the higher up on the Chestplate, the darker it gets, and the more stars that start to show.
- A concept for this part of the vanity is to have some of the stars twinkling.

The Head:
- My design choice for this is to leave the character's face showing, as some vanity obscure it. The hair consists of what's after terraria, the vast expanse of many more worlds of terraria, ready to be explored.
- The Moon (and maybe the Sun shown in the Chestplate) will revolve around the player's head, or float next to it, depending on the limits of the animation and pixels.

Why did I choose this Concept?
My main train of thought was something that could encapsulate the many tens of millions of worlds have been made in terraria, and to not forget any of them. each playthrough is always slightly different, and even if terraria stops updating, there is still endless fun awaiting. the name "No Limit To Terraria" is meant to feel bittersweet, as to terraria's many long years of patronage, but as well as to say, "keep playing, this game will not get old."

I would like to thank Re-Logic for giving this beautiful opportunity for everyone, and I wish the best of luck to everyone here.
And as always, Never Change, Terraria.

Thank you,
Cesium

It's called "CHAINED RAINBOW CRYSTAL"

the headpiece represents a warrior with horns

the chest represents chains holding back power

the leggings represent scars from battle

Attachments

• B5F5CABD-F285-46C9-8A53-03F995F0D26F.jpeg
    B5F5CABD-F285-46C9-8A53-03F995F0D26F.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 103
So I had the idea of a cool vanity for a mage so the concept is that the helmet and the chest plate are two parts of a robe and that the helmet is sort of like if you hade the slime king mask and you put the legend of Zelda bot hero’s robe on. The chest plate is the robes cape like part with nebula armour shoulder pads and one of the has two crystal like spikes on it and a emblem that has a star in the middle with small circles on each side of the star representing the colours of the pillars stardust, solar, nebula, and the gun one (vortex). The leggings are basically boots that would pretty big and the space that isn’t coloured would be the players pants. The thing about it is that the cape moves differently depending on what movement your doing like how idle the cape is all down and how in walk, run, jump, and fly they are moving but not fully up and more down because you are going up and how for fall and glide the cape is up a-posed to down because your going down but of course to fly and glide you would need wings which are each sold separately. The small pic in the bottom right is a pic of the set bonus which is that the last prism would shoot off the three colours blue purple and pink as I know that this is a bit far fetched of an idea but I’m ok if that set bonus is not added. The name which is highly experimental is Slime mage but could be Slime boi as well. Now I’ll tell you that the first art piece is the concept and the other ones are just for fun :bluslime:
0053D3CC-B930-47D0-B8A8-45D38170C212.jpeg
88599F63-5812-4A7A-8451-DA651F2111BC.jpeg
6C2CA1BA-3C9C-41AD-880E-8374D39B1278.jpeg
71F92D9C-01BE-46DE-B95B-F12C7BD683E5.jpeg
3B28DA86-7B69-4685-BAE2-36F6B3767AEE.jpeg

Last edited:
1586652282846.png

This is my vanity set, I call it the Cthulu set because it incorporates the Brain and Eye of Cthulu.
If this gets chosen, I'd like if we could animate a few things. I feel this set is good because it looks cool
and would work well with dyes. Thanks for the opportunity to submit.

Last edited:
I hope you like it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1395.JPG
    IMG_1395.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1396.JPG
    IMG_1396.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1391-2.JPG
    IMG_1391-2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 103

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
FIRST OF ALL, I don't know what happened with the background but we must deal with it. But today I present you, Tikru the cat! I know it's a weird name but I used to have a cat named Tikru.
He is a white cat (the real life one wasn't white though) and he has a blue collar and blue shoes. He does look scarily very humanoid, but my skills to draw a cat in pixel art is as impossible as getting the nymph banner! This was drawn in some free pixel art website, well maybe that explains the background.
But anyways, here is my entry.

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (4).png
    pixil-frame-0 (4).png
    31 KB · Views: 111
So...i tried using the remains of the Wall of Flesh to create a new vanity set, and this is the first thing i came up with:

RemnantOfTheWall.png

Also please note: Shortly after that part of WoF (you can see that eye right?) regains conciousness it tries to turn the set into armor - and fails miserably, accidently swallowing your soul in the process. While it may take some time after that, once it's over you're gonna be best buds.

PS: Do not be deceived by the look of the bone plates, Smador managed to make them quite stretchy.

Ok, this has probably been posted somewhere far back in this thread but I'm too lazy to check.

My idea is an japanese lucky cat, nothing too special but still quite cool/iconic/whatever i think.

Cat-Terraria-Thing.png

Here's my take on the thing (I think i did pretty good for a mouse+ms paint honestly),
Head
Happy eyes, two small thingies as eyebrows, cat mustasche feeler thingies, and ofc ears - one of them black. And a red nose.

Torso
Red paw on stomach and a red bell necklace thingy. Some black-brown larger dots like shown in pic. Arms with paws.

Pants
Tail! And then legs with paws and the same black-brown large dot thingy.

It should be quite chonky, not a thin cat. But not as chonky as the pumpkin armor. (Imagine one of the mascotsuits that childrens-fun-places-hotels have)
A bell sound when hurt/walking/doing something would be cool.
Extra super cool if player animation become like a cat when walking, but maybe thats too cool.

Remember to make the face look like it's stoned with the eyes and smug smile, thats important to these cats.

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Thanks for your consideration & the contest opportunity :)

Elementalist Armor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom