Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long time ago, I made this pixel art and used muramasa as an easter egg, but I think now it would be a good idea to share this pixel art with the community
my idea is a female samurai (ok, it may not look like a samurai, but I really liked the result), wearing armor that looks like a dress and a steel mesh underneath and with a hem at the waist (not required if approved to enter the game :D )
(google translator)
samurai minha ideia.png
Screenshot_1.png

Forgotten Guardian
In ancient times when plantera was first born a lone guardian had been self assigned to the position of preventing the overgrowth of plantera herself.
This Guardian had continuously stopped the neverending onslaught of the growing jungles, crimson, corruption, and hollow.
In the midst of his greatest battle against the natural elements the Guardian had been slowly petrified due to his constant interactions with deadly flora and fauna.
As the petrification had slowly taken place on the body of the Guardian it was soon seen as just another statue among the caverns.
Due to the long state of its Petrification it had been forgotten over time and many generations. It seems to be unknown to even the Order of the Guides.
In Modern Terrarian times The Guardian's original petrified Armor can be found in the jungle almost disguising itself as a regular statue.

both.PNG

-
Both Helmet Variants work
-Left helmet has a Cyan gem as the main eye
-Right Helmet has basic eye and mouth carvings onto the armor (Favored design)

This Old armor is merely cosmetic now as it has been petrified for many years.

The armor looks to be a simple set of plate armor with overgrown vines
The Helmet seems to be the same type of armor but in addition has two horns on either side possibly coming from a large monsters teeth

"Heroes can be forgotten, and legends tend to die."

Last edited:
The Templar Set

Classic Templar garb, white tunic with a cross, the cloak-type thing does not have to be included, if not the arm is dark grey chainmail (same as the legs) and the gloves are the same color as the helmet and same design as the vanilla metal armors.
20200324_180750.jpg

Terraria Mycosuit Final-1.png(1).png
Terraria Mycosuit Final-1.png.png

Just as a placeholder, I'm calling this the "Mycosuit"

There's some obvious inspiration here, but mushrooms are sick and it'd be cool to see more of that aesthetic in the game. The goal of this was not to make a Truffle cosplay set, but to make a set that lets the player individualize themselves from him while still looking like his species and leaving the option of wearing armor. I've never done pixel art before and I don't know exactly how terraria's vanity system works, so there might be some changes for the final version if this gets chosen - that's totally fine. There are some issues I have with the current model that may need to be fixed depending on if they actually cause problems as vanity items and a few options to the current model if everything stays as-is. They are as follows:

POSSIBLE CHANGES:

- The four light blue pixels are directly on top of the normal PC eye. It may be possible for these pixels to be hollow to allow for emoting, though difference in skin tone may make this look weird.
-The face may be removed entirely, as the cap of the mushroom works well as a standalone hat. While this wouldn't work with the rest of the outfit, even just wearing a mushroom hat like this could make for some cool vanity combos using dyes.
-The very back of the cap overlaps the shoulder. By default, I think Terraria places head vanity above chest, but I drew this as is to create a sense of depth. I think it looks fine either way, but wanted to show this as an option

POSSIBLE ISSUES:

- The head does not account for the nose of the PC model. If left as-is (and not made into the hat mentioned above), it would have to be either shifted forward or replace/alter the sprite underneath to not have a nose sticking out the front.
- There are similar sprite changes throughout the model. These were made to slim the charachter to a more lanky and "Truffle-like" appearance, but would only work if they replaced their respective body part sprite in a similar way to the Djinn's Curse. However, they do appear to be compatible with other vanity items, making them not seem too out of place when not worn as a full set. The parts that are slimmed down are the nose, shoulders, front upper chest, hands, top of front leg, and all of back leg.
- I've always seem Truffle as having not an eye, but a sunken, glowing depression. I'm not which this sprite conveys better in its current form.

As stated above, any changes the official Terraria artists make to this are totally fine.

this isn't great but it's supposed to be a robot with a TV head I tried my best even if I don't win I will be happy

Attachments

• Pixel Art Studio 3_24_2020 6_56_56 PM.png
    Pixel Art Studio 3_24_2020 6_56_56 PM.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Pixel Art Studio 3_24_2020 6_57_11 PM.png
    Pixel Art Studio 3_24_2020 6_57_11 PM.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Pixel Art Studio 3_24_2020 6_57_20 PM.png
    Pixel Art Studio 3_24_2020 6_57_20 PM.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Pixel Art Studio 3_24_2020 6_57_31 PM.png
    Pixel Art Studio 3_24_2020 6_57_31 PM.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 114
For my chosen custom vanity set i have chosen to base it off my favourite weapon, the meowmere. I called this design the 'meowmour' set. Get it cause meow and armour. Anyways, the head of my vanity set it the meowmour helmet. the sprite is sum-what similar to the projectile shot out of the meowmere. nothing special just a cat head. For the torso we have the meowmour breastplate. it contains a glowing red gem in the centre and rainbow coloured shoulder pads on either side with some steel gauntlets to match. finally we have the meowmour leggings. these leggings have a thin strip of rainbow along the bottom supported by a thing line of steel just above. As for wearing the full set, the wearer gets an increase in speed, a slight mana boost and increased defence. the wearer will also have a rainbow follow behind them as they run like the projectile which comes out of the meowmere. i think that is everything. thanks for reading. stay safe!
terraria submission.png

terraria submission running - Copy.png

This is burden. If you put this in the game, please keep the blade on the back. This is for a video game I am making. The parts of the set are:

Eternal Flame (Helmet) Des- The burning flame is cold.....
Ripped cloak and the blade (Body) Des- The cloak somehow fits....
dusty boots (bottom) des- the boots remind you of something....

If you use any sword with this on, the sword on the back will disappear. Any projectile shooting sword will shoot a giant blade that looks like the one on their back. If you use the breaker blade while wearing this, the blade will do 2x the damage. The set can only be acquired when you beat all 3 mechanical bosses at the same time, but there is still a 5% chance of getting it. I hope this gets put in!

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0.png
    pixil-frame-0.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Ok so my idea is a Pineapple Suit called...….wait for it......PINEAPPLE POP.... because when you go from standing still, to walking your characters head and feet and arms pops out of the pineapple, (I'm not sure if that's possible to create in game but it would be awesome!!!!!) Thanks for Considering my entire
pineapple.jpg

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

My Actual Entry:

Faction Bravo Armor
Notes:

The concept is a set of futuristic heavy body armor possibly used for military related challenges.
(The name just sounds cool!)
The pixelation does not have to be exactly the same (it can be modified of course (I just want the concept intact)).
And finally, I apologize for the lack of quality, and I hope you guys find what your looking for!
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.25.14 PM.png
Faction Bravo Armor Entry.jpg

34030210.85500001_Pyro[1].png
my friend made this, he didint know how to submit it, they told me to do it, he says the name of it is Pyro, credit them, not sure how to make it so you credit them, so there steam name is epicgamer99. sorry if im doing something wrong, but im not sure what to do really, they just told me to submit it
sorry again if im doing something wrong

I tried to make the model, which I tried to design a suit for dangerous subsistence. The Sprite is the same on both sides. Some pixels are flawed due to improvisation, but I think the model is interpretable.

Attachments

• Pronto.png
    Pronto.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 132
  • maniquin.gif
    maniquin.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 93
This is my contribution, now making a house in the icy lands seems cozy c:

The colored part was just to give a better contrast in the drawing I paint really really bad

Attachments

• 2020-03-24_211520.jpg
    2020-03-24_211520.jpg
    820 KB · Views: 124
  • NRUR1.jpg
    NRUR1.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 2020-03-24_214614.jpg
    2020-03-24_214614.jpg
    870.2 KB · Views: 117
This.

This hat would be obtained at a 1/300 chance from underworld enemies after defeating Plantera. It would flow lava as you walked and would also puff smoke from the top, If you get hurt, the lava flow would increase, this would not give any kinds of buffs. (Although, if you wish, you COULD give it a buff, but that's up to you ;)) Just for pure vanity purposes. This hat is called the BYT Hat, BYT standing for "Blow Your Top", a sharp poke at what the hat is. The lava also flows into a bowl attached onto the hat, to avoid spills

It's tool tip would be (and this is my opinion, you may change it if you wish) "Made by flames, for you to have a blast! Don't put it near cats."

I hope this makes it in!

-FlameCat.

Attachments

• TheB-Y-THat.png
    TheB-Y-THat.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom