Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20200325_203028.jpg
working on my drawing skills but heres mine. Skelly Punk

Wandering Swordsman Vanity Set

Terraria_Contest_Drawing(big).jpg

(I'm not the best artist but here is a sketch of the armor.)

Final_BaseColor_Vanity_Set.png

(Here is the actual set!)

ABOUT
When going into the design process all I knew that I wanted to do with this vanity set is make the player have the feel of mobility, while also being protected and having a strong armor element that would fit in and provide “protection” from all the bosses you need to beat.
The creation process was pretty hard but once I started getting ideas more and more became clear as to what i wanted to do with this vanity set.
I started with the leg section because surprisingly enough I got inspiration of what I wanted it to look like before I fell asleep one night and that's the style I've been going with throughout the entire creation process of the pants.

The rest of the set was pretty up in the air though. But after about 6 re-designs of the chest, I finally found one that I liked and refined the idea from there.

Same sort of thing happened with the head area. I Went through about 4 different re-designs of what I should do with the head (consisting of a mask, scarf, a mask and a hat, etc...) and I only figured out what I wanted to do with it after taking a step back for a little bit and really figuring out what sort of feel and style I was trying to go for with this vanity set in the first place. So after all that I decided to go with a conical hat to give the set the feel of more of a wandering swordsman/samurai type and personally I think it turned out pretty good!

STYLE
I wanted to make the design for the pixel art vanity set unique while also fitting in with Terraria’s discernible style. I decided to go for more of a developer set look since they tend to have more detail and they stand out from all the other vanity sets currently in Terraria. At the same time I wanted this vanity set to be completely different in that it doesn't look like any other vanity set or part of a vanity set in the game, so this character feels more special and apart from the other sets while still maintaining the similar style that we all know and love.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SET (Head) EFFECT
When putting on the head piece, the color of the player's eyes turn red and leave a one pixel tall trail of red for ~2-4 blocks.

Final_Vanity_(EYE_TRAIL_DIAGONAL).png
-----------------------
Final_Vanity_(EYE_TRAIL_STRAIGHT).png

(Example of trail at a slope.)-------------------(Example of trail going straight.)

HEAD
Silver/Grey colored Asian conical hat. The bottom of the player's eyes can be shown under the hat. No hair is shown when the hat is on however if the player has facial hair, (a beard) that will be shown.
When putting the hat on the player’s eyes turn red. The red eyes leave the effect of a trail coming from the eyes (see above).
(Similar to the effect Loki's set gives, but just with the eyes)

Final_BaseColor_HAT_Set.png
-----------------------
Final_BaseColor_BEARD_Set.png

(Head piece.)------------------------------------(With Beard.)

CHEST
Silver/Grey Chestplate and pauldrons(armor over the shoulders) with a semi-gauntlet on each hand/wrist.
Red undershirt (visible around neck and pauldrons) with dark red gloves under the gauntlet armor pieces.

Final_BaseColor_CHEST_Set.png

LEGS
Baggy red pants with dark grey/black shoes.
Starting from the sides of the waist, silver/grey armor pieces drape over the legs.
Note: The armor pieces on the legs and the Chest armor are not connected, I.E. if you are wearing both the Chest and Leg vanity you can take the Chest armor off and the Leg armor will still be on the character.

Final_BaseColor_LEGS_Set.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked my design!
Good Luck to all participants regardless of who wins!

This is my original character "The Intergalactic Traveller". This vanity item could drop from the alien saucer.
As you may see my poor sprite capabilities don't really show off what I was going for especially the hips and lower.

But anyway the sphere shaped head is it's biggest feature. I actually got the inspiration of the head from nightmare from kirby, that could count as a reference if you could call it that. I personally would like the head to be animated with particles and it might spin but it's up to you on that. Animation is hard.

The body is kind of like a mech suit. This part of the costume came from another part of my inspiration mekk knights from yugioh. Was that information needed, no.
But it metallic sort of designs with little bits of purple (or green) gave me that impression.
On the hands the one on the right is kinda like a blade sort of thingy but I kept it because it looked cool. It was a accident.

And finally the legs. Are absolute garbage. I you sprite it PLEASE FIX THEM!

But also what you might of noticed is that there's two alts. The purple (my favorite) and green. The reason why I did a green one it that it might look a bit too much like the nebular armour. So if you think that choose the green colour.
But also it would be cool if it could change colours.
But thats unrealistic.
9C59B97C-3E78-4190-B77C-66277C36A3E7.png
2ADEDB6D-359D-41CA-BE9D-4AFA5F4A18CC.png

I think a demonic set would work nicely for a vanity drop in Hell. The set pieces, along with working with each other, would likely be aesthetically appealing alongside other pieces too! It's a very simple design but I hope it is one you will consider!
simpledesign.PNG

MySubmission.png
MySubmission1.png
MySubmission2.png

I call it the "No. 1.4 Pencil"
Red lines to indicate Helmet/Torso/Legs cutoff points.

Attachments

• MySubmission1.png
    MySubmission1.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 104
  • MySubmission2.png
    MySubmission2.png
    901 bytes · Views: 93
Last edited:
Terraria Vanity Sub.png

Here's My fun little Submission. Thought it would be a good idea to give a nod to recent significant events. so I made Covid-19 protective gear. i wasn't sure which one to pick for the head so i just added both.

I also think of this as a bit of a tribute to the medical personnel who're trying their hardest to deal with the situation
even though this'll probably get lost in all of the submissions, lemme know what you think of it ( ´ ω ` ).

Best of luck to everyone!!

Last edited:

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
View attachment 237656
Yes i aint exactly a great artist, ill repost that post that i had to repost.
As of noblest of nobles in dark days, everyone was looking nice, from peasants to kings in purple,
it would be art, but imagine those Lords in middle? They are the middle, the perfect balance of Peasant and King...
no seriosly, they are. The set is simple, its old medieval like armor, rusted on sides but still offers the looks,
of course you may say, thats an armor, to which i say, like an armor can protect you from 100 lasers spewed by
a giant mecha worm, anyway, the helmet is simple standard afare, nothing to spectacular, though the visor does go down
when you climb on someone's back. The chest is simple too, some should pads, some staps, simple bolts or, whatever they had,
suprisingly clean unlike the rest of the set, but it still kept in the same zone. And finally the legs, we don't want our things poking out,
so pants and legs are important, sadly while the boots aren't as clean, from all the dirt and rocks, the upper part is very well standing,
bit of chain where the knees should be, and knee pads if im not mistaken, sadly, its bit scratched, probably from all the worms
coming beneath it and trying to feed on the fellow, whoever he was... wonder where he is. Anyway, thats about,
there is no need for it to be over the top, it should be a standard 'reward' here you go thing, from all we went trough...
that does not mean for it to drop from a boss but, if thats the plan, preferably not the worms.
Do note me if i have to post this somewhere else.
Not again, this is a copy paste, if i failed to meet some requirement, or need to redo something, just note me.

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Attachments

• thecakeisgud.png
    thecakeisgud.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 168
Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 12.24.38 pm.png
Image result for big boss MGS GZ

A MGSV:GZ/MGSPW Big Boss design on the left and the right is the photo I used for reference I don't own that photo in anyway but the drawing is 100% done by me, I'm horrible with proportions but it still includes some effort, the outfit includes:

- Iconic Bandana for the head
- Chest area of the Ground Zeroes/Peace Walker MSF sneaking suit, which I had badly attempted to make the Outer Heaven and FOX present on the arms, but it doesn't do much, other then that it includes the buff the suit gives off, harness and other little details the suit has.
- Legs of the Ground Zeroes/Peace Walker MSF sneaking suit, I had trouble finding the ways to add extra details but all I could come up with was different shading, there isn't much left to add but there we go

I'm just a Metal Gear fan who got into the world after it was already dead from MG:S, so I just wanted to try to have a reference to the classic games in one of my own personal favorite games, I'd be very happy to hear if you enjoy what I've made (despite my artwork being horrible) if you don't, then good for you.

Last edited:
this is my stealth costume, it would drop from goodie bags from the Halloween event and it would come in three pieces the Stealth Mask, Stealth Shirt, and Stealth Leggings
(i tried to resemble some fancy stealth costume with a gas mask)

Attachments

• Terrariaian Stealth Set submission.png
    Terrariaian Stealth Set submission.png
    448 bytes · Views: 96
Last edited:
i dont have a name but you hopefully can get a good one but i will try to think of one i made this in krita the art thing

and some hair will stick out as it wont be flat like the clothiers hat it will be slightly angled

also the collar can be facing up around the neck but i couldnt draw it and it look like anything close

thanks for reading and looking!

also just noticeed a typo its meant to say can not cab

terraria vanity contest.jpg

Last edited:
I created this design in order to represent my group of terraria friends (DarkDream)!
Design inspired by demons with big horn, men in coat and the shine of Shadowflame Knife (terraria item Shadowflame_Knife.png ).
If chosen I want the name to be "DarkDream" representing my friends!

DarkDream art terraria.jpg

If possible, I imagined a smoke effect when running the same or similar to Shadowflame Knife (Terraria item Shadowflame_Knife.png ).

Think of these animations if possible.
-Crystal effect on the horn.
-Effect on arcane hand.

pixil-gif-drawing.gif

"Archfiend" Set
It has three horns, one on the helmet and two on shoulder plates.
The body in the picture is looking full right, just wanted to point this out to avoid confusion, I'm no artist.

Attachments

• archfiendmega.png
    archfiendmega.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom