Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my submission, I have come up with a sort of Dragon Hide/Dragon Scale Armor Set.
Dragon Hide Armor Full Set Regular.png
Dragon Hide Armor Regular Full Set Pixel Scale.png

It Consists of three Parts:

1. A Dragon Skull Helm (note the horns and frill on the rear of the helm). Hair would be hidden by the helm.
Dragon Hide Armor Regular Helm Only.png
Dragon Hide Armor Regular Helm Pixel Scale.png

2. A Dragon Hide Torso with scales (textured effect and the spike coming off of the shoulder is also a scale).
Sheilds would be visible in front of the armor, but other accessories would be pushed back or hidden all together.
Wings would be visible like they normaly are.
Dragon Hide Armor Regular Torso Only.png
Dragon Hide Armor Regular Torso Pixel Scale.png

3. Dragon Hide/Scale Greaves.
Dragon Hide Armor Regular Legs Only.png
Dragon Hide Armor Regular Legs Pixel Scale.png

Note the gold colored amulet with the blue/purple jewel in the center. I had the Idea for it to change to a purple/pink color and develop a pulsating glow under certain circumstances.
Dragon-Hide-Armor-Special-Animated.gif
Dragon-Hide-Armor-Special-Animated-Pixel-Scale.gif

The reason for the glow could be (however not limited to) one or multiple of the following circumstance ideas:
1. Time of day (ie midnight, night time, etc).
2. Physical Location (ie surface layer, one or more specific biomes, etc).
3. Proximity to a location (ie it would begin to glow brighter when you approach something like a dungeon or lizhard temple).
4. Proximity to an (or multiple) NPC(s) (ie plantera, skeletron, druid, guide, zombies, moon lord, etc).
5. Proximity to one or more specific Item(s) (ie the Terra Sword, guide voodoo doll, lizhard key, booby trap, etc.)
6. Durring certain events (Boss Battles, full moon, solar eclipse, goblin raid, etc.)

its based off the original terrarian character that "represent's" terraria, the number on the hat say 9 in roman to signify how long terraria has been thriving, the shirt is the terraria logo and I thought it be cool if the tree changes color depending on the biome, when underground or in the dungeon in just stays green,hope you like it
sub.png

Entry-AviationAttire.png

Heres my pilot-based set.
I think that the jacket and slacks have real potential to be paired with other vanity items. For this reason, I was unsure if i wanted to add the red and blue insignia on the jacket. If you want to remove that, I'm fine with it.
As annotated, there is a single pixel for hair to show.
Nothing glowing on it.

Heres my entry:
FabledHero.png

I'm not sure what to call it, but the file is called FabledHero

*This is entirely my work, created in paint.net (Traced the mannequin as a placeholder)

- The head has a dark purple cap and a pink scarf.
- The body has a teal interior and dark blue wing-like exterior.
- The legs are teal pants.

PikPok'sLayeredArmor.png

This armor was obviously inspired by my own thumbnail icon. This 'character' has become iconic among my friends, who encouraged me to submit a design for him. I thought it would be a radical addition to this game that we have played through dozens of times, from the Eye to the Moon Lord. Simply named "PikPok's Armor," or "Party Animal Armor," whichever the Devs would prefer. It is comprised of:
- "PikPok's Helm," a brown bear headpiece with a pair of red sunglasses.
- "PikPok's Fur," a furry torso with a hula-hoop decoration.
- "PikPok's Paws," a basic pair of brown pants with small claws.
I’m not a skilled animator, otherwise I would have shown an idle animation where the hula-hoop repeatedly circled the character model. I think it would be a pretty cool visual.
The original concept is my own art that I made in Photoshop.

Last edited:
Hello, I am so happy to be here and do this! When I heard about this contest I flipped, I couldn't wait to participate. I do know there's a very low chance of winning, however, I am just happy to be apart of it and get some practice in with what I love!

I decided to go with a cute little dinosaur costume. I know the dinosaur costume is common, but its one of those things people love, that's why they do it. So the Classic dinosaur (I call it, "Project Dinosaur") costume seems the way to go. I think the way it should be obtained in the game is when a meteorite has landed, it spawns or has a chance to spawn along with it. So instead the dinosaurs dying from the meteorite they are created from it. Much Love to everyone who has worked on Terraria and good luck on future projects! #TheDinoMovement
DinosaurPrime (5).png

Last edited:
n.b this is not my submission, this is someone else's submission
I've spotted this submission in Terraria's community content on Steam by a player with the name Ebithril, and i'd like to add it here, to give them the chance to win.
A quick search found no member on this forum with the name 'Ebithril'. If they submitted this with a different username, you can ignore this post

Ebithril's submission:
1584232144_Terraria Admission Naga.png

"My Vanity Armor submission. (Proud!)"
"I was thinknig(sic) when I did it, if I should add some adornment to the head, like a crown/tiara.
Risk was, that it could make the head look "cluttered".
Still, might be something that the Dev's can do since they have years of experience with pixelart. :)"

Well... here is my submission. I was thinking that this armor set could be found underground like where you find the enchanted sword, but in a rock formation and the armor is there. This would be a cool vanity set to find in the game as it brings a bit of a challenge to find it as it can be rare. I have been a huge fan of the game and am very sad to see that this is the last update... Thanks for being one of the greatest games to grow up with. <3 Oh yeah! This is TEMPLAR ARMOR.
KNIGHT (4).gif

a rough design of my vanity set. inspired by Thomas the tank engine (obviously).

obtained any NPC while versing a boss.

called the train suit. (train mask, train jacket, train boots) or something like that

IDK how to show it on-site so just download the pdf then delete it if u wanna see. i know it is a poor design, but it is actually cool so check it out. upvote cause yeh.

Attachments

• Scan.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
sheet.png

my submission, the googly eyes. only takes up the helmet/accessory slot (IDK if this is against the rules, couldn't find a specific rule against this)
and of course there has to be artwork,
Legal notice: I am not responsible for any nightmares caused by my artwork
u.g.l.y..png

I saw others mention googly eyes, but none have actually turned it into a full concept so...... no rule breaking here.

my entry is an odd one but its kind of fun and i like it.
(hopefully, probably not) if possible when worn as normal armor you become an enemy of a biome when you enter it like space you would be a wyvern. however you would get a debuff to your weapons.
(a more legal entry) its an vanity set that will change to a critter of the biome. if no critters are in this biome you become an iconic bunny. not shaped like a human just barrow the sprite.
image from official terraria wiki
1585311013099.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom