Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why no pineapples in terraria
Untitled-1.png

Terraria Gus the Giraffe Onsie Final.png

For my submission, I made a giraffe onesie costume. The full set is called "Giraffe onesie" with its individual pieces being named the "Giraffe slippers", the "Giraffe pajamas" , and the "Giraffe hood". I am not very attached to these names and I'm happy to change them as I'm not especially linguistically creative. The separation of the legs is lower than usual, and this is because I had the idea to make the walk cycle with this costume more of a shuffle. While walking the white baggy droop on the stomach would hang and have a small swinging motion to make the costume appear baggy. Anyways, I hope you enjoy my submission and cant wait to see the finalists!

This armor has brought back some of its past it seems. It seemed used by a few legionaries of some country in mid evil times. It brought with it its strength and glory, but a little bit of it's coldness. Things around it seemed less bright and when it was put on it made you feel stronger. Something was different. I didn't know what. I was walking buy and stepped on a bunny's tail. I didn't seem to care about it then. once i got home and took off the armor though I felt bad about something but didn't know what. I had forgotten what I did to feel this way. I put the armor back on never knowing it would change me forever. Art: the white spot in between his left hand, torso and legs are not supposed to be there. Mini story and Design By Saul R.
PixelArt (1).png

TerrariaVanityContest.png

My entry is Goobert the... Goose?
I don't know if this is an "overt reference", because it's only halfway a reference to Untitled Goose Game. The other half is a "reference" to a stuffed animal my mother had that was passed down to me, which, I think might've been a goose? Either that or an albino kiwi, as it didn't even have wings or front legs. It doesn't have to resemble a goose as much, as you don't really want references to be so outright, and I would 100% be happy with a kiwi.
Tooltip idea: "Who's the real monster?"
Set name idea: "Disastrous Garb"
It may be too much work, but since geese/kiwis are so T H I C C, the full set could downsize the player to have the beak where the hands would be, so the weapons and held items a player is holding would be held by the beak. Definitely unnecessary, but it'd be cool.

TL;DR Could be a kiwi for legal reasons, and beaks are cool.

my idea is that my character is an apocalypse survivor.
he/she carry's a backpack wears a leather coat, has a ball cap and wears combat boots. this is very heavily inspired by DayZ so if my image is not enough thats where you can look. and because this game was one of my main inspirations to make this there is the end of his gun pointing up out of his bag(like in dayZ). the gun would be apart of his backpacks design though or could just be removed if it doesn't work. please consider my design and best of luck :)
Screenshot (3).png

Greetings Terrarians!!!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful and safe day. Today I would like to introduce you to the "Galactic Dapper" vanity armor set. This interstellar costume combines the elegance of the dapper clothing with armor platings, neon lights, and pointy antennas.

Galactic Dapper Concept Art
When it came to the concept art I aimed to combine the 1950s formal attire with the playfulness of the old school science fiction. I debated with myself wich torso overlay worked best, I was between a waistcoat, a suit or a trenchcoat. I ended up combining both the suit and the trench coat so there would be both more lighting coming out of the armor and so there would be a more noticeable contrast with the pants.​

01 Terraria Vanity Contest  Concept Art.jpg

Galactic Dapper Items
The conversion of concept art to pixel art was a delight. The “Galactic Dapper Helmet” is a fancy fedora that includes a visor with an antenna stretching out of the hat. When the item is equipped by the player, the middle line of the fedora will serve as lighting.
The “Galactic Dapper Torso” has visible armor platings in the shoulders and has the same lighting effect as the fedora. When both the fedora and the torso there could be an increasing range of lighting, so you can explore the deepest caves without breaking a sweat.
The “Galactic Dapper Legs” are heavy-duty boots that can be visible variants of the special movement boots the player is wearing.
I understand that the contest is geared towards designing armor, but thought my years of playing Terraria I have always wanted to design my own submachine gun and revolver variants and this contest was the perfect opportunity to do so. Both “The Groovy Trigger” and the “Galactic Dapper Revolver” are potential complementary weapon items that can fit in with this armor. Additionally, since we are on the topic of science fiction, these weapons can fire lasers instead of bullets.​

02 Terraria Vanity Contest 2 item and weapon.jpg

Galactic Dapper Color Variants.
Take you to pick as there is a potential for many color variations for this armor. This image below just covered some basic colors. Additionally, with the color variation, you can mix and match different color clothing parts.​

03 Terraria Vanity Contest slide 3 Color Variants.jpg

With your support, we can make armor into a reality. It is time to rise up and fight our foes with more class.
Thank you for this wonderful opportunity and wish you all the best,

@CloudyBird33 :)

BEAN! SUIT (Is literally a can and some beans)

Long ago, before there was man, there was BEAN!... The peaceful BEAN! used to spend their hours playing with metal cans until one day one of the cans played back! The poor BEAN! now have a can permanently glued to their skulls. Baby BEAN! are born with cans on their heads and the can and the BEAN! have developed a somewhat symbiotic lifestyle. The BEAN! provide the can with shelter and in return the BEAN! are allowed to breathe at the mercy of the can.

Attachments

• Vanity Item.PNG
    Vanity Item.PNG
    441.3 KB · Views: 99
Hello, I've created some concept art for my "void" vanity set, named as such because of some lore associated with it. It includes the armor, hat, and cloak. At the bottom is my attempt to fit this onto a player model. The left is what he would look like without the cloak, and the right is what he would actually look like. I decided to distinguish the two just to be safe. Note that I'm not a very good artist, and I got some help with the armor to make it look good, but the concept is there. I would love to see this drawn by a professional and put into one of my all time favorite games.

20200327_162341.jpg
VoidVanitySet.png

This would be cool for fans of ninja but please do get his permission as I love ninja

Attachments

• ninja 2.png
    ninja 2.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 107
wyvernkiddo.PNG
twokiddos.PNG

I love Terraria. It's the game I've played the absolute most out of my entire Steam Library, it's a creative jem that inspired me to interact with my very first community, and above all it's just something my friend and I shared no matter how far we were on this 3D world we call home.
My favorite enemy is the Wyvern (also my least favorite when I first entered hard mode) so I decided to make a cute 'lil costume in honor of that big noodle monster. It's a pretty simple concept, but I'm hoping those fluffy ears and poofy shorts will win someone over.

All my love~ Bitimage

P.S. The color variants are just examples of the costume worn by different people, not separate cosmetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom