Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookie Set.png

I hope this is okay but it was a design for a slightly melted cookie vanity set, his armor is meant to look like a cookie

For as long as the shoes existed I've wanted a chance to refurbish them, and I'm so glad I might have a chance! The others took a little longer to think up, but I think they turned out pretty good. admittedly I'm no artist, but I hope you consider my contribution anyway! (Thinking of something for the seaweed was a little difficult if we're being honest, but I think I thought of something clever.)

Attachments

• Cheapskate_Top_Hat.png
    Cheapskate_Top_Hat.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Player_Look.png
    Player_Look.png
    8 KB · Views: 92
  • Refurbished_shoes.png
    Refurbished_shoes.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Seaweed_Sash.png
    Seaweed_Sash.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 97
Annotation 2020-03-28 062202.png

Beanie, goggles, leather coat with spiky sleeves, spiky bracelets, graphic t-shirt, and boots. (Pants don't matter too much. They are hidden by the coat.)

Colors are simply a suggestion. I only chose purples and reds because I think they fit the magical vibes.

For a female design, it could have a cropped shirt, shorter coat, and heels.

The goal is for it to look like a sort of punk wizard.

Been playing Terraria for a very long time and it is something I am very passionate about. <3 :)

Also I made an account just for this, so it better be worth while lol

Hello! First of all, this vanity set is called the Cryptic Set
Whereby, there is the ...
- Cryptic Leggings
- Cryptic Torso piece
- Cryptic Headgear: the headpiece has its own animation of 6 frames [hence the 6 copies of models and gif (the animation doesn't have to be a necessity)]

Background:
First of all, I created this set myself and used other sets in the game for inspiration. The Cryptic Headgear gives a smokey visor (if animated) and covers the whole face, the headgear was influenced by Aaron's set. The Cryptic torso was influenced by Red's and Loki's dev set: whereby, the shoulders are similar to Red's Set and the arms were influenced by Loki's set. The Cryptic Leggings was influenced by Red's dev set where at the heel there is a spike.

I personally like Aaron's Set, Red's Set and Loki's set and used them as an influence for this concept :) [I especially like the Set animations of the armour]
Hopefully, you guys would like this vanity set to be seen in the game!

Attachments

• 1 (1).png
    1 (1).png
    13.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 2 (1).png
    2 (1).png
    13.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 3 (1).png
    3 (1).png
    13.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 5 (1).png
    5 (1).png
    13 KB · Views: 93
  • 4 (1).png
    4 (1).png
    13.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Set armour.png
    Set armour.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 6 (1).png
    6 (1).png
    13.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Each Set Piece.png
    Each Set Piece.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Criptic Set.gif
    Criptic Set.gif
    733.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
This is my submission:
Terraria Vanity Contest Entry.jpg

I'd call it something like the "Survivor Set" or the "Great Survivor Set" or something.

It consists of:
a hood and gasmask as the head accessory,
a cloak and button up shirt for the torso,
pants and black boots for the legs

The sprite made is not the best but it's just a rough idea of what I think the design would look like in game (I am also sorry for the rough sketch if it's hard to understand...)​

HI RE-LOGIC AND RANDOM PEOPLE READING THIS!!!

firstly, you are awesome! :D
and secondly, here is my submission!

I call it: LURING SET. (Kinda like how actual angler fish use the shiny orb to LURE their prey, hence the name.)
I made it in 4 different colours, (just because I couldn't decide) but they are all still the same set, just with a different dye or something.

pixil-frame-0 (1).png
pixil-frame-0 copy.png

pixil-frame-0 (1) copy.png
pixil-frame-0.png

Maybe the ways you could obtain the set is a 2% chance of being dropped by the Angler fish or after completing 35 fishing quests from the Angler NPC.
But if it was crafted, I'd want the head to need a
Fallen Star for the orb

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 10.39.51 pm.png

the only thing visible from the character would be eye colour.
I also thought that instead of the lure just being locked in position, it could move as the character moves.

pixil-gif-drawing.gif

This is what it could possibly be like if the character was falling.

That's all. Have a great day! :3
everything was made on pixilart.com TOTALLY RECOMMEND!

Dear Developer,
I was introducing my design to you.
It’s a machinery, which can dominate minds.
This is my hand-painted scan and try-on design of "Human Body Model", please ignore my poor painting skills.
手绘scan.jpg
human body model.png

Eventually I get a chance to salute the classic game. (RA2)
About the color combination, I was wondering if you wanted to help me consummate it?
To feature the classic image, it will hide player’s hair.
(Yuri has a bald head, is it?)
It can also be a cloak or a robe.
I think it can be obtained in the same way as a rune hat / robe, and it is possible to combine it with other materials to produce stronger armor for better light effects and attack bonuses.
The name of the design is “corrupt mind”.
彩色手绘scan.jpg

Last edited:

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
Headcrab

that's it

Attachments

• headcrab1.jpg
    headcrab1.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 66
  • headcrab2.jpg
    headcrab2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 71
  • headcrab3.jpg
    headcrab3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 75
Greetings,
At the moment I am broke so I thought I design this Bankruptcy Barrel outfit.

Broken Top hat - Head
Barrel with hangers - Like robe (torso and legs)

For the broken hat I thought it could move up and down as the player walk. Or instead of the broken piece there could be a yellow bird that comes out to take a peek =)

Cheers,
Christian (Tupave)
7078C76B-3BB0-40F7-8A4D-567C900185CB.jpeg

I have designed a white and red suit, the head part is some kind of visor glasses that won’t hide the hair of the player, the red parts on the set should glow in the dark.
I don’t have a name for it yet and the set Could be obtained by opening goodie bags during Halloween or maybe by crafting it.
1CDA34A6-AE11-466E-BBF4-B0D6D3F3C9D8.jpeg

I just noticed I forgot to color the gem on the chest of the drawing on the right, it’s supposed to be cyan like the drawing on the left

Terraria vanity contest submission- Ion.jpg

Since I am right at the back of the submissions, this design might not be seen, but if it is, thank you!
-Head is a silvery/grey orb with a light blue centre (glowing maybe?)
-Torso is a light brown tattered cloak with electricity shining through the tears, electricity for the main part of the body is blue and yellow like all the other electricity on the body. the hands and fingers are also a silvery/grey colour, and float with small gaps between them
-Legs are the electricity, with boots a similar/the same colour as the cloak with a silvery grey sole of the boot. Possibly add tears to the boots as well

Because have bad handwriting, here is what the bottom of my drawing says :) -
Since I always use a mobility build whilst playing Terraria, I wanted a vanity set that looks fast and reflects that, so I decided on an electricity theme. I settled on this magnetic golem/robot because I found the design somewhat charming. At this point, however, it was just a floating mass of electricity with a ball head, so to make it more solid, I gave it a cloak and boots. The name ''Ion'' came from it's electrical orb, like an ion, which is a charged particle. Thanks for reading my submission. I put a lot of effort in to this, so please consider it!
- Joe, signing off!

Last edited:
Hello here is my terraria vanity costume hope u enjoy it like i did :)

P.S if you want u can make it as a Female i just made it a Male :)

Attachments

• Terraria starter costume fully complete.png
    Terraria starter costume fully complete.png
    128 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom